Start by marking “A Christmas Mystery” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Mystery

Read Book

A Christmas Mystery

Hank and Josie own a small nursery in Mays Landing, New Jersey. They have three kids and a house with a mortgage. Josie has worked hard making and selling wreaths to make money for Christmas presents. Two days before Christmas, while she is collecting pine cones for her wreaths, she finds a woman named Helen lying in the woods behind her house. She is bruised and beaten, b ...more
Published November 27th 2013 by Woofie (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Mystery

Nancy
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A farm wife finds an injured woman, underneath pine trees, where she went to collect pine cones. The woman was beaten and bruise, and was terrified, that her policeman husband, would return and kill her. The woman disappeared, and then the hunt was on, to learn the mystery of this woman, named Helen. The farm family was about to lose their home and farm. Events led them to end a long time mystery.
Cindy
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This was a quick easy read that was both a mystery and set at Christmas! What more could you want? :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this very sweet Christmas mystery. It's short so you can read it on one sitting. It was a good story to read on a cold Florida day. Yes, it is cold! But this story will warm you up. This author was new to me but I plan on reading more of her books.

If you like Christmas and mysteries, I highly recommend this wonderful short story!
William Bitner Jr.
A Christmas Mystery (A Short Story)
By A.L. Jambor

Genre - Fiction
Category - Mystery/Ghost/Holiday-Christmas/Short Story
Pages - 66
Publication Info - November 25, 2013
Format - Digital
Rating - 📙📙📙📙

If you’re looking for a quick, quaint, charming little holiday mystery read for an afternoon or evening around the fire, or on a your daily commute, you could not go wrong with A Christmas Mystery (A Short Story) by A. L. Jambor. I snatched a free digital copy of this little gem off of Amazon and was quite
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really enjoyable Christmas mystery that is just long enough to read anytime. This is a fast paced story and before you know it you will be through and you will be smiling from ear to ear. Even if you don't care for ghost stories you will get involved in this families plight.
Josie got up early to take her walk in the back yard before the rest of the family were up. Josie spent this morning looking for pinecones to make her Christmas wreaths that her husband , Hank, sold at their tree s
Marjory Chelsea
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick read.

The beginning was a great grab. I think the author could make this story longer by adding history to it. The little blurb at the end could be a part of th story as background and history.
Tina
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short Christmas story. It is a stand-alone with great characters and storyline. Loved it.
Natalie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very short story, but very interesting. Loved it.
Mary
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A quick and easy read mystery. Josie and Hank are a couple who are struggling to pay the bills while Hank builds his nursery business. Josie supplements the family income by making pinecone wreaths. It's while she's looking for pinecones that she comes across a woman laying in the yard. She's awake so Josie asks if she needs help. The woman, Helen refuses to get the police involved and is obviously very afraid but Josie gets her to agree to come in the office so Helen's wounds can be looked at. ...more
Arlena
Title: A Christmas Mystery
Author: A.L. Jambor
Published: A.L.J.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Review:

"A Christmas Mystery" by A.L.Jambor was a well written and intriguing holiday mystery short story that gave the reader a heartwarming read. You will find this story full of mystery from three angles...one from Helen, how to pay the mortgage and then the body. You will have to pick up the read to see for yourself how this author does a good job bringing it all out to the reader. "A Christmas Myst
Dee
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute short that will touch your heart. Even as short as it is the author brought it off with very explicit details that made the story line sing. The emotion of the children and the grief of the parents was so real it had me in tears. The story is one that has happen many times over the years but this one being at Christmas really pulled the strings. Without telling the ending, you'll find that as surprising as it was, you will really enjoy it.
Alicia
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very short but enjoyable Christmas mystery. A long lost relative guides Josie and Hank on a quest that solves the mystery of what happened to her decades prior. In return they are rewarded and are able to save their home and have a late Christmas.

An interesting novella. A very basic and easy read but one that was entertaining.
Diane Wachter
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, mystery, ebook
A Christmas Mystery: A Short Story, A. L. (Amy) Jambor, NB-M @ 2013, 3/14. A woman who is badly beaten is found out in the woods behind a farm. She is taken into the farmhouse, but won't let the family call police, because her husband was the one who beat her, and "he is the police". She then disappears before their eyes...she's a ghost! Okay, but strange.
Carolyn Injoy
A Christmas Mystery by A.L. Jambor I received a free kindle copy of A Christmas Mystery by A.L. Jambor in an Amazon promotion in exchange for a fair review.I gave this short story four stars. It was about believing in the magic of Christmas, even if it took a ghost to make it happen.Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GZCK7IW
Christiane
Dec 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
It's been a long time since I've read a story that was so basic and so badly written.

Wife rescues an injured woman and takes her home. Woman disappears in front of husband and wife's eyes :

"Yes, she was there. But she's not there now." Josie sat and took a sip of her coffee. "This is weird."

???
Nola Arganbright
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and the suspense it presented. The questions begin almost immediately. I shivered and had a tear it eye a couple of times.
The story is well written and not lacking in mystery even though it is a short story.
Donna
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book I wanted more

very fast read,I really enjoyed how the characters interacted within the story. It had a twist I didn't expect. I wanted more to happen but that is why it was called a short story.
Pamela
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Interesting short story involving a hard working, down on their luck family who are about to lose their farm/home. One morning Josie finds a battered woman in the nearby woods, and the mystery surrounding here leads to interesting discoveries.
Carlissa
I enjoyed this Christmas short mystery story, but it would have been better if it were a little bit longer.

The narrator, Sabrina Hawkins, was good.

(view spoiler)
Darth
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Jenn : Godzilla is King
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read and good mystery. I liked how it took place in Mays Landing NJ as I live 20 minutes from there. It was nice to see that Helen's murder was solved by her great grand daughter and her husband
Theresa
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good short book that does keep you guessing

Feel good Christmas story with a surprise ending.The good guys win for once.I love Christmas stories. Don't know why a certain number of words are required.

Barb
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Not good! I was under the impression that I was getting a book!

The one about the dog which I understood is what I would be receiving was just the beginning! I was under the impression that I was getting s full story about the dog person! NOT!
Margot M. Gregory
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great Story

I really enjoyed the story. It was a quick read. No foul language or erotic material. I appreciated the attitude of the oldest son in the absence of christmas gifts. I would have given it five stars if the characters had been developed more.
Nicki
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Just okay

This family had a rough time financially then the gifts are stolen. That and the ghost had me really liking the story. But the ending was just too much overboard. Just way too unrealistic. So I lowered by rating accordingly.
Cindi
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok?

The story felt rushed, but I'm good with the Christmas day ending not being picture perfect as was expected. The mystery felt a little flat though.
Betty Macy
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
A nice easy read. A pleasant Christmas Story
Nicole
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A quick story that I couldn't put down! I loved the genealogy in it too! Free on kindle app
Emme
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story
Great short story, made you wish it was longer.
Jade
Jan 03, 2014 added it
It was good

I liked the book it kept me interested. I wish it were longer but it was called a short story for a reason.
Deborah
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice Christmas story

The plot/story line is good, creative, and easy to follow. It's a easy read that even someone young as 8 could understand.

• The Christmas Tin
  • A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)
  • Christmas Vows: $5.00 Extra
  • Second Chance Christmas (Second Chance Love Story)
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • When Patty Went Away
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • The Wrong Shade of Lipstick
  • Spring Shadows (Seasons of Love, #3)
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • The Christmas Honeymoon  (Holiday Luv, #1)
  • Disconnected
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series Book 1)
  • The Twilight Swimmer
  • The Impostor (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #1)
  • Heat Wave (Riders Up, #2)
  • Ride to Redemption (Ride, #1)
A.L. Jambor lives in Florida with her husband, Hans. Amy began writing at the tender age of fifty-eight when she was inspired by a photo of her granddaughter. The result was But the Children Survived, an apocalyptic story about how a pharmaceutical company’s greed led to the destruction of North America. From there, Amy began writing fantasy mysteries that incorporated both her love of puzzles and ...more
“No, don't hate them.  It's not gonna do you any good to hate anybody.  For all we know, they're worse off than we are.  Just let it go.” 1 likes