Start by marking “Need You Now (1001 Dark Nights)” as Want to Read:
Need You Now (1001 Dark Nights)

Need You Now (1001 Dark Nights #7)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  257 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Published October 28th 2014 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (first published October 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Need You Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Need You Now

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Need You Now is a novella from the 1,001 Dark Nights Series. It is an exciting introduction to Ms. Jones new upcoming series called Shattered Promise. I can honestly say that this novella was a pleasant surprise.

Danny and Jensen had an amazing attraction with each other after meeting at a bar. Not quite a one night stand, but something between them that cannot be left unexplored. Unfortunately, they find out the next day that not only they both are in the hotel business, they will also have to
Lorie Glowania
Sep 14, 2014 Lorie Glowania rated it it was amazing
Danny out with her friends birthday meets a mysterious stranger Jensen. Complications and heat can either be a good or bad and can it work. A great novella
Nicole Tetrev
Sep 14, 2014 Nicole Tetrev rated it it was amazing
You know I've said it time and time again....I'm simply not a fan of novellas.. and time and time again Lisa Renee Jones is ALWAYS the exception to the rule. Need You Now is a Prequel that leaves me in NEED OF MORE NOW! Wow she always manages to pack so much into so little with out it feeling rushed or forced. Jensen (Oh how I love his name) meets Danny at a bar on her best friends birthday... one thing leads to another and new heights could be reached. But was this meeting fate? or something pl ...more
Chanteal Justice
Sep 14, 2014 Chanteal Justice rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I am at the end of the book still trying to turn pages. Oh no this can't stop now. I need to know more. This book keeps you guessing. I love this possible love story. The characters are very interesting. I want to know more. I can't wait for the next book!

#Anxiouslywaiting!!
Crystal
Sep 14, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella! Read it in one sitting. Couldn't put in down. Hope there is more of these characters in the future. Great story and I highly recommend it.
Lori Johnson
Sep 14, 2014 Lori Johnson rated it it was amazing
How many complications can one night bring? Mixed with heat and a mysterious stranger, just enough to make this another amazing story from Lisa Renee Jones.
Darcy
There was something about this one that I didn't care for right away. Not sure if it was the scene at the bar or the way that Danny seems like a doormat, or if it's how Jensen seems like an ass from the start. Whatever it is, in the end this one just wasn't for me.
Emily
Sep 27, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Lisa Renee Jones writes so well. I easily fell in love with the book and I need more!!
Sandy
Oct 28, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 28, 2014

Briebookd CCBH
Dec 22, 2014 Briebookd CCBH rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ccbh-reviewed
Can you imagine bumping into someone and the pull is so strong that you somehow feel connected? This connection will change you and your life completely, making you throw caution to the wind and just finally live. Life for Danny changed just like that. A touch, a simple kiss awakened things inside of this good girl that she never gave anyone the chance to possess….

” Deep, passionate , drugging strokes of his tongue that are more a claiming than a seduction. I am his in this moment and I don’t ev
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Oct 28, 2014 Drue DePompei-Hoffman rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic novella. I have never been a fan of Novella's, but Lisa Renee Jones is quickly changing my view on them.

Jensen and Danny are electric, their attraction is instant and deep, but when they find out exactly who the other is, things become complicated. Then, Danny's boss (Jensens Aunt) makes things even more complicated to these two. As they try to keep things professional, sexual tension builds until it finally explodes.

I so hope we get to find out more about this couple, I feel i
Stacey
Sep 13, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Need you now
the ARC review by Lisa Renee Jones
Danny is a hard working woman who works for a woman named Meridith ... she meets a man at the bar where she works due to her best friend's birthday Katie his name Jensen .. and sparks fly between Danny and Jensen . but also untrust between the two after then next day but once they get to know each other things change ..but the question is what is Jensen's reasons for the thing he does at the end is he true or is there more to it ... can't wait to r
Becky
Sep 14, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and was a little hesitant. I love everything I've read by this author, but I was afraid she couldn't possibly come up with new intriguing characters or a new storyline. I am very pleased to say I was wrong. very wrong.

Lisa does a great job of creating strong yet vulnerable characters that find what they need in each other in spite of not knowing they need it.

well done, Lisa!!
Kimberly Updike
Sep 14, 2014 Kimberly Updike rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author for an honest review (Member of Lisa’s Underground Angels).

This is a prelude book to a new series called Shattered Promises. I have to say this was a very short but entertaining read.

The book follows Danielle/ Danny Woods and the opening Danny is out with her friend Katie who is having a birthday. Danny meets Jensen and has an almost one night stand at the hotel where she works. The next morning Danny finds out that Jensen is more than he let on. The two must wo
Kim Perry
Sep 27, 2014 Kim Perry rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed it! Danny is biding her time at her job until she can attend med school. Danny doesn’t step outside the lines until Jenson tempts her. She's immediately drawn to this sexy stranger and she's tempted to follow her hormones instead of her head. Jenson is an intelligent, powerful man and after she learns who he really is, Danny doesn't know how much she can really trust him even though they have explosive chemistry. I'm left wanting more of Danny and Jenson!
Jessica Brandon
Nov 01, 2014 Jessica Brandon rated it it was amazing

Need You Now
Lisa Renee Jones

I give this 5 stars.....

This ARC was given by Lisa Renee Jones in exchange for an honest review.

Danny Woods is used to being alone, in fact she craves it more than ever. Being alone allows her to focus on her upcoming MCAT for medical school, on her job, and allows her to be a good friend. However, she suddenly realizes how much she does not want to be alone when she finds herself in the arms of a stranger in an elevator. After an amazing orgasm, her doubts overtake h
Under the Covers Book Blog
Dec 03, 2014 Under the Covers Book Blog rated it really liked it

Amy
Sep 17, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
I just Love Lisa Renee Jones. Need You Now was a great read. I love this story of Jensen and Danny. Everything in this screams WOW!! I just can't wait to read more of their story. Their characters are amazing. I love them.
Thank you Lisa for another wonderful story.
Zita
Oct 28, 2014 Zita rated it really liked it
A sexy, seductive start to a new series…

This novella is the prelude to the Shattered Promises series. It is an intriguing start, two strangers meet and there is an instant connection that throws them off kilter and cannot be denied. Upon a second meeting soon after, they act on that connection without thought of the consequences and in so doing set off a chain of events for fate has decided that this is not to be a one night encounter.

Jensen Miller is the sexy hero whose intentions are in quest
Lulu Dumonceaux
Oct 20, 2014 Lulu Dumonceaux rated it it was amazing
I read this prequel as an arc and I was captivated! When you meet Danny, first impressions include intelligent, loyal, great friend, and fiercely protective that she doesn't want to get hurt again! She has a chance encounter and immediate over the top sexual attraction with Jenson. The chemistry is explosive. Danny becomes nervous of yet again being heartbroken and runs out on Jensen only to find out the next day that he is the nephew of her boss and they will now be working together. Can Danny ...more
April (TwilightTINK)
Sep 28, 2014 April (TwilightTINK) rated it it was amazing
Danny and Jensen make a great, hot couple. Danny works for a struggling hotel chain while Jensen is trying to decide whether to save or destroy it. They have a hot night together before either knows who the other is but once they do, they have a hard time staying apart from each other. Can they enjoy great sex with no strings or are they already in too deep?

This is a really fun story. The sex scenes are great and I found myself rooting for both of them and even for the hotel chain and its emplo
Jillian
Oct 27, 2014 Jillian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Need You Now is the first in a new series from author Lisa Renee Jones as well as novella number 11 in the 1,001 Dark Nights Series. This novella gave a wonderful introduction to this new series and has me hooked and wanting more!

Out for a night of celebration in honor of her best friend’s birthday, Danny expected to have a few drinks and head home to get ready for another day at work the next day. She’s been hard at work for a small and posh hotel chain, biding her time before she has enough fu
Shayna
A while ago I was asked, “Whose books would you buy blindly?” That means with no blurbs, teasers, book covers, or genre. Without hesitation, I said LISA RENEE JONES of course! This woman’s talent for putting words to paper is beyond reproach. No matter the genre, storyline, or characters, Ms. Jones constantly impresses and leaves us wanting more. NEED YOU NOW is the beginning of yet another spectacular series from an incredibly talented author. Book 1 of the Shattered Promises Series is sure to ...more
Gloria Herrera
Oct 14, 2014 Gloria Herrera rated it it was amazing
Holy Molly!! Talk about pheromones flying and undercurrents of desire!! Just finished this book and the pages were smoking hot.

Danny has plans for her future. Her current job as the assistant for a hotel network's manager is only temporary while she saves money for medical school. She wants her life uncomplicated, safe, and righteous. But all these efforts have left her acknowledging she is lonely.

"Just was one look... that's all it took!" Just like Linda Rondstadt's song cried out years ago, Je
Raynell
May 12, 2016 Raynell rated it it was amazing
Life is hard. Life leaves you beaten, broken…alone. Then one day, a stranger touches your hand and you feel something intense, unforgettable, but yet, you want to forget. You need to forget. It’s safer than believing in things you’ve decided don’t exist. You know all about shattered promises and lost hope. You know them so much better than you know this excited, warm, wonderful feeling, and it scares you. He scares you, but he also makes you feel alive again. He makes you realize you haven’t rea ...more
Barbara
Sep 19, 2014 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

Wow. I wish I could give it more that 5 stars. Lisa Renee Jones is my favorite author. She never disappoints. The only disappointment is in waiting for the next book to come out.

Need you now is a Prequel to Lisa's new series Shattered Promises. It is a short novella, only about 107 pages. I read the entire thing in one sitting it was so compelling.

Danny takes her best friend to the bar for her birthday and is fe
Lisa Miller
Sep 14, 2014 Lisa Miller rated it it was amazing
It starts out with us celebrating Katie 's birthday, Katie is upset that her rocker boyfriend wasn't there with her, she felt like she didn't matter enough. Danny is Katie 's best friend, she is celebrating with Katie at the bar, she is at the bar ordering them some more drinks when she accidentally touches this man, she instantly feels something she hasn't felt in a while. Katie's boyfriend ends up surprising her and whisking her away, leaving Danny alone. Danny ends up doing something she has ...more
Nayeli
Sep 14, 2014 Nayeli rated it it was amazing
I read this in 2 hours. I absolutely loved it and hope there is more to come. Danny and Jensen meet at a bar in what seems to be a one nighter but after a heart breaking realization she finds that going against her normal good girl behavior could have been her worst decision, or was it her best. The good girl falls for the deliciously hot bad boy.
Cheryl Graham Petit
Sep 16, 2014 Cheryl Graham Petit rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Need You Now in exchange for an honest review and I must say, Lisa Renee Jones has written another captivating and intriguing story with a twist. Need You Now is a quick, enjoyable read that is addictive, enthralling and well-written. A great start to the Shattered Promises series.
Elaine
Sep 16, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is awesome short story, and I fell in love with Jensen at the very end when he said that he couldn't stay away. I am so happy that it ended that way. I may have been devastated if it didn't...Lisa sure know how to tell a story, that is why I love all of her books so much...
  • Caress of Darkness (Dark Pleasures, #0.5)
  • Captured in Surrender (The MacKenzie Family #10.5)
  • The Flame (Desire Exchange, #0.5)
  • Roped In (Blacktop Cowboys, #6.5)
  • Silent Bite: A Scanguards Wedding (Scanguards Vampires, #8.5)
  • Socrates Inspires Cherry to Blossom
  • Dungeon Games (Masters and Mercenaries, #6.5)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands, #9)
  • Forever Wicked (1001 Dark Nights, #1; Wicked Lovers, #7.75)
  • Crimson Twilight (Krewe of Hunters, #11.5)
  • Make Me Risk It (Make Me, #5)
  • Hansel, Part Four (Hansel, #4)
  • Tempted by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #12.5)
  • Azagoth (Lords of Deliverance, #5.5; Demonica, #10.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #6)
  • White Collared Part Four:  Passion
  • Mine (Naughty Girl, #2)
  • First Kiss (Emma's Arabian Nights, #1)
  • Diesel
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t
More about Lisa Renee Jones...

1001 Dark Nights (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • The First Night (1001 Dark Nights)
  • Forever Wicked (1001 Dark Nights, #1; Wicked Lovers, #7.75)
  • Crimson Twilight (Krewe of Hunters, #11.5)
  • Captured in Surrender (The MacKenzie Family #10.5)
  • Silent Bite: A Scanguards Wedding (Scanguards Vampires, #8.5)
  • Dungeon Games (Masters and Mercenaries, #6.5)
  • Azagoth (Lords of Deliverance, #5.5; Demonica, #10.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #6)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands, #9)
  • Roped In (Blacktop Cowboys, #6.5)
  • Tempted by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #12.5)