Start by marking “Starcrossed (Starstruck, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starcrossed (Starstruck, #2)

Starcrossed

(Starstruck #2)

Marsha Truitt’s life has changed dramatically over the past few months. Instead of a nerdy nobody, she’s the newly discovered princess of a secret civilization. Even better, she’s dating the hottest guy in school, who just happens to be her literal soulmate. But when a new boy arrives at Jewel High, everything M thought she knew about herself and her future is turned on it ...more
Published January 24th 2014 by Brenda Hiatt (first published January 20th 2014)

Start your review of Starcrossed (Starstruck, #2)
Mishkat
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.88
This was much better than the last one! Again I've to say that the plot is really really cool. I've always liked to read about stuffs which are related with universe, planets, stars, etc.The book is same just like it's cover. Both M and Rachel want to be together but it's not accepted by the world. There were so many twists and turns which always made me curious to wanting to know more.
But there were also some points where I literally had to force myself to accept them. Like I don't think
Siobhan Davis
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a vast improvement on the first book and I'm definitely hooked on this series now.

Starcrossed was fast-paced from the first page and the author packed more suspense and intrigue into this book. I really liked the introduction of the O'Gara family and love-love-love the Irish connection. The fact that the Martian language is essentially Irish/Gaelic made me laugh out loud, I really got a kick out of that. It enabled me to forgive the stereotypical description of Sean (copp
Jami Brumfield
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It is book two in a series and I have not read book one but definitely will add it to my TBR file. One thing that I enjoyed about this book was being part of series the story was easy to pick up. There were enough references to the previous story that I was able to jump into the middle of the series and follow along, this is not always the case in series.

I also really enjoyed the characters. I love the romance between M and Rigel and even found myself liking Sean an
Marci
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series was so amazing and it truly showed a different side to Marsha. I would love to praise the vocabulary again and the new words for the language they speak on mars. The new characters are really a new add to the book and I loved it. I didn't like Molly at first cause I thought she really liked Rigel, which its kinda hinted at. And sean having some type of connection to Marsha, is a really great new add but I always ship rigel and Marsha. I found the second book to be ...more
Divya
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Brenda!

Starcrossed is MUCH better than its prequel, Starstruck. Even though I wanted to read it, I was a bit wary as I started it since I didn’t like Starstruck much. But I’m really glad that I read this! But that cover, ugh. Starstruck’s cover is way better than this.

Marsha goes through more character development in this book. Rigel was sweet, just like he was in Starstruck. The new characters, Sean, Molly, and th
Jonel
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow. What a trip. Hiatt picks up right where she left off in the first novel in the series and takes her readers on an even more unbelievable journey. That said, she continues with the same vividly brilliant writing style that we’ve come to know and love her for. The story is ground in reality, making it easy for the audience to immerse themselves in. at the same time suspense and intrigue are abundant, drawing you forward into this brilliant world.

I quite enjoyed getting to know the new charact
Doreen
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, read-in-2017
On the edge of my seat

I can measure how involved I get in a story by how indignant I get over the protagonists' treatment. I got very indignant over this book.
Ishi Bhanot
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
~~I was given a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review~~

3½ starry stars!:★★★½

Minor Spoilers.

It took me a few turns with this one. I couldn't finish it in just one go and had to pause it a few time in between but that was more due the lack of my busy schedule and less due the lack of plot.
The new characters introduced were all good enough, each having their own set of flaws and perfections. Though there wasn't much character detail in some parts, we saw great changes in Marsha.
The en
Annie
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Book 2 in the Starstruck series. Really enjoying this series. The target audience seems to be the youngers side of teens. The main characters are 15/16 years old. In this book M comes to terms with her position and what she has to do. People are finally starting to believe in the bond but a new boy in town, Sean, is challenging M and Rigel's connection.

Much adventure happens in this story and lots of tension builds up. The book is very well written and fans of SciFi/romance/YA will enjoy it.
Tasha
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After I finished reading Starstruck I could not wait to read the next book I had to learn what was to happen to the princess and her boyfriend... what drama would unfold? who is this new guy? Can things finally calm down? Well I know the answer to the last question, of course nothing can calm down she is royalty after all... nothing is truly ever calm when it comes to royalty.
Andrea Heltsley
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
The series keeps getting better the more I read. This was another stellar installment in a new creative series by a really talented author. The plot continues to thicken and the characters became more complex. I was left with the whole 'wow' factor by the end. And on to book 3! Five glittery stars. ...more
Yara
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
M and Rigel's bond keeps on growing despite all obstacles faced, which Brenda Hiatt does a great job of throwing at them :) Can't wait to read Starbound! ...more
btwthesepages
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sarah Wind
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars -- this book is even better than the 1st! I'm definitely in for the long haul ...more
Wendy
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scify, teen-romance
Well-written, interesting and geared towards teenage girls “Starcrossed”the second in the "Starstruck" series opens after Marsha (“M”) Truitt (aka Princess Emileia) and boyfriend/soulmate Rigel Stuart have successfully foiled Faxon’s plan to annihilate the Princess. But all too soon M is shaken by the arrival of Sean O’Gara, her intended Consort and his family. With none of the Council except Rigel’s grandfather Shim believing in M and Rigel’s “graell” (bond), with her Aunt Theresa prohibiting t ...more
Natalie
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sue Gosland
This is the second book in a series about a young girl who finds out she is more than she ever imagined. She always thought she was a twice orphaned girl living with her aunt and uncle, but everything changes when she meets the new boy. He opens up a whole world she was unaware of, and yet smack dab in the middle of it all.. She's the Princess of Mars, and her showing up begins all kind of trouble back on Mars.

In this second book, complications move into tiny Jewel in the form of the O'Gara fami
Sabrina
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book felt a bit slow in the middle, but I was glad I read on as it became increasingly captivating and exciting towards the end. Like in the first book of the series, people seemed to shrug a lot, often at odd times to me. The descriptions of intimacy could use some expanded vocabulary, although they were better near the end of the book as well. An interesting storyline nonetheless. Can't wait to find out what's going to happen next! ...more
Carol Caldwell
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was great to follow Marsha Truitt's journey as Rigel's girlfriend and Princess Emileia of Mars. What fifteen-yr-old wouldn't want to be royalty? But since she can't tell anyone, especially her adopted aunt and uncle, her position doesn't bring her any benefits, just trouble.

This is a tense story, full of action, suspense, deceit, secrets, and subterfuge. Exciting pacing. I didn't want to put it down and now I have to get book #3.
Kim
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, I really like this series...still hate love triangles and people who think if they have a little bit of power they can take over. But, luckily we have a great heroine who is humble...and young and is trying her very best. Great inventive ideas and storylines keep us interested in the series.
Samantha
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
My curiosity was peaked after book one. It was a breath of fresh air after a slew of garbage I submitted myself to. I loved the alien side of the story but am dubious as to how that will pan out. On to book 3...
Melody Davis
Romance First

I am so involved with M and Rigel's life that I may as well be part of their bond! Of course there is Sean. He believes he is destined to be with M. This is a wonderful teen romance. The genetic experiment goes awry . But M and R save the day.
susan ort
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Starcrossed:A starstruck Novel

This is the second book in the series and I can't wait to read the rest. I had to order them all,because I can't wait to read what happens next! A truly enthralling story for any age!
Susan
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was full of suspense and character development. I had a hard time putting it down or getting it out of my head. I had to remember that they are actually 15-16 year old's and then their behavior made more sense. ...more
Sandy Conley
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: si-fi
A great series for the younger reader but also many older readers may enjoy the books. I found my self looking forward to each book in the series and was glad I had access to all the books.
Phylis Collins
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-regency
Starcrossed by Brenda Hiatt is a good, story. It will have you glued to your book until the end. My free opinion. Thanks
Gina Stamm
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Didn't enjoy it as much add the first one, but still an enjoyable read. ...more
Rosibel Matta
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Sonja Faust
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Again a good safe book for lower secondary. Not many contentious issues in it to raise the ire of parents.
Yunn
Some parts where kind of predictable but in general I liked it. Review to come soon.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Invaded (Alienated, #2)
  • Immersed (Configured, #2)
  • Midnight Rose
  • Twin Souls (Nevermore, #1)
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)
  • Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2)
  • Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl, #3)
  • Warrior (Relentless, #4)
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3)
  • Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1)
  • Something to Witch About (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #5)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • Charms & Witchdemeanors (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #8)
  • Witching on a Star (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #4)
  • Witch Me Luck (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #6)
  • The Gathering (Gifting, #3)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #9)
Brenda Hiatt is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sparkling romantic adventure. She's written twenty-five novels (so far), including sweet and spicy historical romance, time travel romance, humorous mystery, and her young adult science fiction STARSTRUCK series. Brenda began in traditional publishing with Harlequin, HarperCollins and Avon Books and later made a transition to i ...more

Starstruck (6 books)
  • Starstruck (Starstruck, #1)
  • Starbound (Starstruck, #3)
  • Starfall (Starstruck, #4)
  • The Girl From Mars: A Starstruck Novel
  • The Handmaid's Secret (Starstruck)

News & Interviews

“this is Jewel, Indiana. Nothing ever happens here.” Not strictly true, since I had almost been killed here just last month,” 0 likes
“omni:” 0 likes