Start by marking “In the Fading Light” as Want to Read:
In the Fading Light

In the Fading Light

Separated by a curse but bound by love.

In the fading light of the night, their eyes meet where their lips cannot. It is a single second that sustains their love.
From the moment her eyes met his, Estelle Dumont was captivated. Her heart would always be his.

But Edmond Lamont's heart wasn't entirely hers. He had been in love once before, tricked by the fair beauty of an
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about In the Fading Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Fading Light

Start your review of In the Fading Light
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I found this more comparable to a fairy tale and I did find it somewhat difficult to connect with the characters. But overall it was an enjoyable read.
Megan
Not for me.

Too worldy old fashioned in the way they talk. I'm just not into that, I don't mind historical fiction or high fantasy but I can't do both. I just don't have the patience.
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Another amazing book by Tara Brown! Beautiful story and so many twists and turns. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. I didn't want it to end, almost sad it's a stand alone because I love these character. So many great twists and turns. Love this book! Couldn't put it down, finished in 1 day
Cassie Severn
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*spoiler alert*
I really like this book. I have read several by this author, I have even read this book before. Some of the story line was hard to follow and I sure thought that Edmond was older than Estelle. When it was revealed they the same age, I struggled with the back information. Despite that, I like the storyline, I liked the characters, and I felt the idea was pretty original.
Lynn Clark
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what I was expecting!

As always, the amazing Tara Brown weaves a wonderful tale of the impossible into something worthy of shouting from the rooftops about. Talk about turning tragedy into triumph and learning the lessons that need to be learned and the truth shall set you free have never been more apparent or earned than in this book.
Ashley Aleshire
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed plunging myself into this book. At times it seemed way predictable and then totally changed on you, I was saddened at the one relationship at first but got over it quickly once I really saw how the story was playing out. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes fantasy and magic.
Christine Bishop
Great Story!

This is quite the fantasy tale! This book has everything a fantasy needs evil Kings, magic, cursed princesses, betrayal, and of course murder. Tara Brown does an excellent job of weaving this story into a magical tale of betrayal and revenge.
Ashleyjo
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved this author's "Born Trilogy." So, I was excited to read more, and "In The Fading Light" didn't disappoint.

While not as good as the Born books & a little slow to get started, this book ended up being a wild ride of twists and turns.

The plot is crazy wicked; so crazy it's hard to review without giving away something. Estelle realizes she is a royal pawn in a game she never wanted to play; she doesn't know who all the players are, each's role, nor who is masterminding the
Crystal
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
bam

Ahh only Tara can make something so dirty seem like so much fun. Edmond is.....something out of a twisted fairy tale. One minute I'm like "Oh Edmond!" and next I'm like "Eww Edmond!"

eww

In the Fading Light is a twisted love story with two princes after one princess. Who will win her heart? Estelle is the last of her bloodline and heir to the throne. When a plot is discovered that ends with her death, she runs away only to be in more danger. This story will take you on some effed upped turns,
Kristin
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Where to begin... What an awesomely amazing story that was! I have slowly been reading through Tara Brown's books and I have to say I haven't found one yet that I haven't loved. This story sucked me in and held me tight. There were times I was crying, screaming, ready to throw my kindle, and lastly upchuck into my mouth numerous times. All those feelings and emotions make for an awesome novel, and the main character being a kickbutt female just added to its charm. If you haven't read a Tara
Cindy Fong
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkness and light. Imagine only seeing your love for a few moments every day. That is the fate of Estelle. I love it when Tara Brown writes twisty stories that capture your imagination and stretch your mind. A crown to claim, a debt to satisfy, a mystery to solve and an evolution to occur. All is not as it seems, join Estelle on a journey she could never have anticipated that affect not only her life but those around her. Love can happen in an instant and can happen unconventionally. I adored ...more
Daphne
My least favorite Tara Brown book thus far, but that still means it was better than a whole lot of books I have read.
I loved the story and the twists and turns. I loved the elements of surprise but I never felt connected to the characters. My lack of connection kept me from feeling an emotional attachment to them. That was my main reason for the lower rating. I really wish I could have felt a part of the story, it would have made it out if the world!
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is another SMASH HIT for Tara Brown!! I couldnt put this down, with all the twists and turns....Everything you thought was the truth isnt the truth. This is the story of Estelle, the daughter of a king. But after the death of her last sibling, she is forced to come back to the kingdom and prepare to become queen. But secrets have a way of coming out, and Estelle has to straighten everything out, and keep herself alive.
Whitney
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tara has done it again!!! This book will keep you guessing from start to finish! Tara has a way of telling a story that makes it impossible to put it down, I fell asleep reading!!! A twisted story of love, betrayal, and revenge that will have to rethinking what you believe you know about the characters CONSTANTLY!
Dena
We all deal with darkness however when we conquer it we see the light. There are always 2 sides of a coin and there will always be 2 sides of us. This story makes a good point to deal with and survive diversity. I happen to love the characters because they weren't fluffy and shallow they were made with deeper emotions that were complicated.
Lisa
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A dark, emotion filled story of beauty and love. Through many twists, turns and surprises ending in the forever that was desired. The story is full of magic, betrayal, and revenge. The heroine Estelle has lived a lie and when it comes to it's fruition, not many are left standing in her wake.
This is the second book I've read by Tara Brown, and they keep getting better.
Sophia
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous story by Tara Brown! Her books always leave my completely and utterly in love! She has a way with books and the twists she put into them are unexpected but utterly fantastic! I loved this book!
Kimberly Tucker
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stuff

Little hard to follow sometimes but delightfully different as Tara always is. Great love story that I couldn't put down.
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stacey
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my cup of tea at all. I struggled all the way thru it trying to keep people straight.
Allison
Good and interesting.

Very different book from Tara Brown, but did enjoy this one. A little slow at very beginning, but worth reading.
rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2018
Meghann Kisielewicz
Oct 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1)
  • How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2)
  • How to Break an Undead Heart (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #3)
  • How to Dance an Undead Waltz (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #4)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • The Shadow Student (Wraithwood Academy #1)
  • Heir (The Royal Trials, #3)
  • Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched #1)
  • Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1)
  • Mermaid's Song (Dark Sea Academy #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Battlecry (Battlecry #1)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Born of Fire (Elemental Origins, #2)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
I believe growing up in a really small town gives a person a little advantage when it comes to the imagination. You need one or you go mad.
Needless to say, mine saved me. After it got me into trouble first, that is. That's the problem with a vivid imagination, all the lies you tell.
According to my age, I am meant to be a responsible adult, but it isn't going well at all. I would still head off to
“life isn’t entirely about happily ever after. It is also about perspective.” 2 likes
“children from the same womb would share the same precious blood.” I gag.” 0 likes