Start by marking “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1)

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood #1)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  159,570 Ratings  ·  24,713 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blu ...more
Published April 7th 2015 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, please sign up.
Florian Ques I think it's probably because Casanova has a reputation of being a womanizer of sorts and that's kind of ironic considering what Blue's sexual…moreI think it's probably because Casanova has a reputation of being a womanizer of sorts and that's kind of ironic considering what Blue's sexual orientation is.(less)

Emily May
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily May by: TL
Oh okay, you I-told-you-so people. You were right. This book is so much fun that I baked cookies and listened to unfortunate nineties pop music.

No, really.

And I seriously didn't want to read this. I mean, why would I? I don't particularly like cutesy romances, LGBT or not. The cover is kinda sucky and not attractive. The title is an inside joke that only makes sense after reading the book. And, let's be honest, it's always easier to convince me to read books with phrases like "mind-bending twis
Kat O'Keeffe
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was so great! It was funny and adorable and just left me with the biggest smile plastered on my face! It did take me a little bit to get into the story because there were so many characters I had trouble keeping them straight at times, but the main character Simon is well developed and relatable and really grounded the story. I thought the mystery was great (and was so excited when I correctly guessed who Blue was!) and I liked that despite the blackmail and the tension, it was still a most ...more
Adam Silvera
Original Review (December 2013): If Becky wasn't a gay teenage boy with good grammar and a foul mouth in several past lives, then she's absolutely one of the most observant writers in the YA game.

New Review (June 2017): Just finished my third or fourth reread of SIMON VS., this time on audio which is narrated by the amazing Michael Crouch, and wow, I love this book more each time. I'm 27 right now and SIMON remains the book I wish I had 10 years ago.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This was a great read! Simon is a hilarious character and I loved reading through his perspective. I also liked that the story didn't just end right after the climax and how we got to see what happened past the big moment of the story.
Em
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
why is reading this book somehow the most homely feeling in the world? like stars realigning and flowers growing inside you and a thousand suns setting within your very bones?

here’s the thing: this was the very first lgbtqia+ book that I've ever read. I was 16 and forever I will associate this story with the genuine feeling of connection, the comfort of realizing your experiences are universal, and the loveliness of knowing that you have a community. I remember finishing it the first time and th
Elise (TheBookishActress)
in honor of me seeing the movie early and then seeing it again on a cheesy and gay movie date: THE BEST MOMENTS OF THIS BOOK, NEW AND IMPROVED!!

🌷Simon putting Martin in his phone as “monkey’s asshole”
🌹I can’t believe “mom, pick me up, kids are drinking alcohol” isn’t in the book
🌷the Drarry fanfiction summer
🌹“there are some socks that shouldn’t be washed by your mom”
🌷the suck and dick nice weather typo, and Blue subsequently bringing it up, like, eight times
🌹the unfortunately correct representati
Raeleen Lemay
Read for Popsugar's 2018 Reading Challenge #12: A Book with an LGBTQ+ Protagonist

I'm trying to spend more time this year re-reading some of my favorite books, and this was a great start! I actually listened to it on audiobook this time around, and the narration was amazing. No complaints! Also I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE

first read in 2015

THIS BOOK IS WONDERFUL.

If a story about a cynical gay Harry Potter fan falling in love with somebody from the inside out sounds appealing to you, do y
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, contemporary
Awesome. Video review to come.
Nat
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diverse-reads
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

If you love Oreos or waffles, boys kissing, and overall cuteness then please read this wonderful story, I promise that you won’t be disappointed.

This is the kind of book that I had to read in one sitting while eating the best snacks and listening to my current favorite song because it was just fun fun fun.
I’m still in a happy daze.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda follows sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier, who prefers to save his drama for the sch
Ariel
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Was. So. Much. FUNNNN.

It has been ages since I stayed up late reading a book, propping my eyes open just to keep going. This book had me up at 2AM wanting to find out what would happen to our precious Simon. The family relationships were fantastic, the friendship dynamics were really well done, the musical was too much fun, I loved that the romance took place over the internet, I just completely soaked it all up!

If you're looking for a very readable, very happy, super fun book PLEASE
Emma Giordano
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! I'm so happy I finally had the motivation to read it. It was exactly as everyone described it; Cute, Fluffy, Healthy, a fast read, an *important* read, etc. I can clearly see why it's such an acclaimed novel for LGBT+ rep in the book community. I'm very satisfied with "Simon" and would recommend it to absolutely everyone in the world because y'all need this book in your life!
Lola
There’s this pause. We’re still looking at each other. And there’s this feeling in my stomach like a coil pulled taut.
‘‘It’s you,’’ I say.

3 stars? 3.5 stars? I’m honestly not sure. Prior to reading this novel, I had read maybe five, six, seven reviews that upped my anticipation like crazy. They all mentioned how ‘‘cute’’ and ‘‘adorable’’ this novel is. And it’s true. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda becoming a New York Times bestseller and would actually be p
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
This book was so damn cute and extremely sweet and incredibly adorable! XD

It tasted like a hot cup of coffee in early spring,
it felt like warm summer rain caressing your skin,
it was as beautiful as a colourful sunrise in September and
it smelled like a clear night sky in the middle of a cold winter night.

In short: It gave me all those awesome fluffy, cozy and happy feels!! ! =)))

I loved everything about “Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda”! From the bands and the music that was mentioned throug
C.G. Drews
READ #2: May 2018
I an't even with how freaking adorable this is. It's been 3 years since I first read it but I just...😍I seriously ended up smiling like nothing else for those last chapters. The cute'o'meter is broken, ok. This book BROKE it. It just makes me so happy...but also balances that with a lot of anxiety through Simon being blackmailed.

I think books just get the 5/5 when they make you feel all the things.

(Also it's SO much fun rereading and knowing who Blue is!! Blue is frikkin ADORABL
emma
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
i wrote about why this book's movie adaptation is better (plz don't revoke my bookworm status) https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

--------

I DO NOT KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS BOOK. AT ALL.

And the fact that I am the last person in the mapped universe to have read it is not helping me define my emotions.

In fact, it is actually only informing me that my feelings should be “THIS BOOK IS AMAZING IT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE IT’S ADORABLE
Riley
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, diverse-recs
As someone who does not typically like books set in high school, I absolutely adored this book. It is possibly the cutest romance I've ever read. And I think it is mostly because Simon and Blue feel in love with each other without knowing what the other looked like. They 100% loved each other for what's inside and that made it all the more beautiful.
Simon felt like a real person. His voice was so genuine and honest. And Blue is the most precious person ever.
I can definitely see myself rereadin
Kai
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, glbt, 2017, owned

4,5/5 stars

I read this book exactly two years ago. Since the trailer was released and the film release isn't too far away either, I thought it was time to do a quick reread.

The first time around, I liked this book. It was cute, it was fun, most of all it was real. I liked the story and the characters, but I didn't connect with them. For me, it was a nice book, but not an outstanding o
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
4.5 stars... Maybe 5? I'm going to let things simmer and I'll get back to you on that, but OH YES THIS THIS THIS! Loved. So much. All of the things.
Whitney Atkinson
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
so when does the sequel come out bc i feel like i need 300 more pages of this
April (Aprilius Maximus)
OMG THIS BOOOOOOOOOOOK
Ben Alderson
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can I just give this book a hundred stars...
✨    jamieson   ✨
reread update holy freakin hell how is this book so fucking incredibly cute? Everytime Blue was mentioned (but like, actual Blue) I'd be like fjghkf my sweet sweet soft boy !!! I love (view spoiler)so much. HE'S SO SWEEET.

I adored this book just as much as I did the first time and I read it in one sitting, again. So It is STILL an all time favourite. What a blessed book. Keeping my OG review bc it's actually good.

“Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to decla
Maria
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.3/5 Stars ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Look, this book started very slow for me. And I was very very hyped for it, for obvious reasons. Everyone has been talking about it for months, everyone is crying about it for months, there is a fucking movie about it, I mean, come on, I had high hopes. But for the first 150 pages I was a b
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Reread update 3/16/18:
I love Simon Spier so much my heart is ready to burst. Also, I’m now fully prepared to go see Love, Simon a second time

• • • • • •

Original review 9/12/16:
This was so adorable people are giving me looks on the train because I'm grinning in a possibly frightening level of happiness. I loved this.
jessica
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book is the equivalent of getting a hug from someone you deeply care about - warm, comforting, strong, and loving. my heart is so full.

and i know, no matter how many times i re-read this, it will forever feel like coming home. <3

4 stars
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Some of my favorite quotes. :S

-“White shouldn't be the default
any more than straight should be the default.
There shouldn't even be a default.”

-“I’m too busy trying not to be in love
with someone who isn’t real.”

-“It feels like we’re the last survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Wonder Woman and a gay dementor. It doesn’t bode well for the survival of the species.”

-“The closest thing I’ve ever had to a journal
is probably you.””

If this beauty is any indication of how 2017 is going to turn out, I
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Update 1/15/18: Anyone else hyperventilating over the movie trailer?!! OMG!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykHeG...

___________

I LOVED this book. Loved, with no ifs, ands, or buts.

I don't often read YA for a few reasons. For one, there is nothing I hate more than silly drama, and I feel like so often YA authors resort to petty fighting or similar antics to put a "twist" in their plots. That makes me grumpy, and a grumpy Heather is a low-rating Heather. I don't like to give low ratings.

Howeve
Trina (Between Chapters)
Audiobook Reread (2018):
Not much to add. Loved this just as much the third time around! Still warmed my heart. The audio narration was really great for Simon, my only gripe is that the narrator read all the female characters in the same unamused sounding voice which usually didn't fit their emotions.

Original Review (2016):
This book was SO good. There are 10 million great things I could say about this book but here's the shortlist:

-It kept me up til 6 am to finish the whole thing.
-It made me cry
Charlotte May
“People are like houses with vast rooms and tiny windows.”

I loved this! No idea why I seem to stay away from contemporaries because all the ones I’ve read this year I’ve loved!

Simon was a wonderful character. He is kind, sweet and hilarious! After seeing a post on Tumblr, Simon starts up an online email relationship with another person - Blue, that way both can keep their identities hidden.

This doesn’t last very long until another person finds out about these emails and uses them to blackmai
Christy
5 stars!

photo CBGIF3_zps14b0e697.gif
“Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me.”

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of the best YA books I’ve read in a long while. I started this book (the 6, almost 7 hour audio) and listened to the entire thing in one day. So I pretty much didn’t read at all, just found useless things to do around the house so I could listen. I loved it so hard!

Meet Simon…

photo woopwoop_zps2mb0fuqp.gif

Simon is amazing. Seriously one of the most lovable and endearing heroes ever. I loved everything about hi
Who you thought Blue was vs who you wanted Blue to be 5 44 Aug 17, 2018 05:43PM
TO´S LECTORES: Libro de Agosto - 2018 3 6 Aug 13, 2018 04:13AM
Is Leah's character TOO unlikeable? 22 256 Jul 26, 2018 09:29AM
The BOOK/MOVIE Club: Book #20 - Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda 28 83 Jul 24, 2018 11:52AM
  • Five, Six, Seven, Nate! (Better Nate Than Ever #2)
  • None of the Above
  • The Porcupine of Truth
  • Gabi, a Girl in Pieces
  • More Happy Than Not
  • Not Otherwise Specified
  • How to Repair a Mechanical Heart (Mechanical Hearts, #1)
  • Maps (Life According to Maps, #1)
  • All American Boys
  • One Man Guy
  • Under the Lights (Daylight Falls, #2)
  • Wonders of the Invisible World
  • Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
  • Wildlife (Six Impossible Things/Wildlife #2)
  • The Flywheel
  • Willful Machines
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
  • Beautiful Music for Ugly Children
Becky Albertalli is the author of the acclaimed novels Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (film: Love, Simon), The Upside of Unrequited, and Leah on the Offbeat. She is also the co-author of What If It's Us with Adam Silvera. A former clinical psychologist who specialized in working with children and teens, Becky lives with her family in Atlanta. You can visit her online at www.beckyalbertalli.com. ...more

Creekwood (2 books)
  • Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • I Hate Everyone But You
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn't be this big awkward thing whether you're straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I'm just saying.” 1027 likes
“White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default.” 786 likes