Start by marking “Something More” as Want to Read:
Something More

Something More

Rebecca Michaels has finally grown tired of her monotonous life and is ready to make a drastic change. Now that her daughter, Charlie, is away at college, there has never been a more perfect time to make it happen.

Packing up and leaving behind all she's ever known, she eagerly ventures out in search of what the world, outside of this dull town, has in store for her.

When
Published April 13th 2014 (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Something More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something More

Start your review of Something More
Elizabeth
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Finally a book that recognises women over 25. Rebecca, at 40 years of age, decides to move 1000 miles to re-start her life.

She finds love and hot, hot, hot sex with Alexander. It's a story, and it is a good, readable, story. It was more believable simply because she is an 'older' woman.

For nearly 25 chapters the book was a solid 5 stars, unfortunately I wasn't as happy with the surprising twist just before the end.

Even so it kept me awake reading my kindle under the duvet till 3am.
Rain
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well this was rather delicious. Hot and sassy. This story didn't mince around at all.

Got right to the nitty gritty of 2 people enjoying a connection that read like an instant emotional and physical connection. It was refreshing to the point of leaving me with the thought of why the hell not.
Fantabulous saucy debut Jenna, a really refreshing read!
Tia
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-books
This was a refreshing change from all the 20 something stories out there because it dealt with a 40 year old empty nester. Becca decided to move cross country and leave her now college age daughter and ex husband to carve out a new life for herself. After moving into her apartment she makes friends with a girl who works at the local bookstore, who just happens to live in her apartment. While out getting coffee one morning she literally runs into the most gorgeous man she's ever seen, and spills ...more
Mia Michelle
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jenna Tyler delivers a fantastic five star debut novel with SOMETHING MORE.
Bored with her life, middle aged Rebecca Michaels packs up everything and leaves sunny Florida to find a fresh start across the country. Landing a new job and new apartment, Rebecca finally feels like everything may be falling into place. The last thing she expected was to catch the eye of local celebrity hottie Andrew Chambers. Rebecca's used to taking things slow and Andrew's made it perfectly clear that he's not a
Shirley Alfsen
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Definitely deserves 5 stars. Author Jenna Tyler tells a modern day story of a mom who wants the fantasy! She loves to read romances and refuses to believe that life can't be like them. She leaves all behind in search of a fresh start never expecting life to take an almost immediate turn into an adventure into that fantasy with a totally hottie name Drew. He's everything she's Dreamed about and more. This is one of the best books you will read this year! Loved her story telling and her characters ...more
Shantel Peters
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is an absolute must read. Such a great story being told. So hard to put down and it keeps you interested.
If you have not found your something more yet, you sure will after reading the story of Becca and Drew. HOT HOT HOT!!
Amanda
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jenna Tyler has set the bar very high for her writing career. Something More is a great read and I couldn't put it down. It skips over the teasing buildup and jumps right into a whirlwind romance. I cannot wait for more novels from Jenna Tyler.
Angie  McLain
4.0 Stars

Jenna Tyler’s Sexy, Quirky, Funny Debut Novel – Something More

Becca Michaels has left all things from her past in her rear view mirror when leaving Florida, and relocating to Portland. For the first time in 19 years she is making decision for herself, moving and starting over in an effort to be truly happy. With her daughter Charlie grown and attending college, 40 year old, divorcee Becca is starting over. Getting settled in a new apartment, starting a brand new job, and looking
The Book Fairy Reviews
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A story of new beginning that rival all of our imaginations. I mean how many of us have day dreamed about picking up and starting over in a new city or town and seeing what fate has in store for us. Will it be for the better or the worst? It is the excitement that has us all day dreaming. Will we find the prince charming or book boyfriend of our dreams? I love that Jenna has taken that fantasy and given it room to grow even more in our minds.
Rebecca has decided that she will be chasing her
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I know I would do anything for this man and it appears he would do anything for me. There's just something about him. Something mysterious. Something exciting. Something more."

I loved this debut novel by Jenna Tyler. Something More is a whirlwind romance that we all dream of. Mr. Chambers made my heart pitter patter from the beginning. I admired Rebecca's courage at moving across the country and starting life anew all on her own.

Rebecca is a simple, independent woman. She finds herself drawn
Beth Santucci
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 fangs
Rebecca (Becca) Michaels decided she wanted something different, and finally being able to move on and be herself again, not just mom or the single, she decided to ,move from Florida all the way to Seattle. Yep pretty drastic. With her job lined up and her small apartment decorated, she had two weeks to relax and have some fun. What she didn’t know was she’d meet someone special and very well known in Seattle. Will she fall for this younger man? Will she live wildly and experience new….
Raina Cramer
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice, romantic, steamy read! I like that Rebecca is a realistic character like your every day attractive female not some model unreal looking person and her age is more appropriate.
She loves to read her romance & longs to have her real life romance like she reads about and who doesn't?
It's written very well and does have a surprise toward the end lol however Im glad it ended the way it did.
I read this after an ugly cry read and this was just what I needed!
Kim Ginsberg
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would definitely refer people to read this. I loved it! From beginning to end it leaves you wanting more. The last chapter makes you go, huh?!?!?! WTF just happened! It was perfect. I so wish there was more, but alas, it is a stand alone so there isn't more. It has everything from romance, love, sex, and a tad bit of drama. Go one-click it if you want something good to read.
Stephani
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read! I have to be honest and say that a book has to grab my attention fast in order to continue reading, and that is exactly what this did! it was an easy, erotic, fun, sexy read and I have to give it a 5 star. I sure hope there is more to come from this new author as she is on point!
Kami
Jul 10, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf, no-review
DNF @50% Way to cheesy, this took Insta-love to a whole new level.
Lisa
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the fact that the couple in this story were middle aged - gives you hope as someone that age. I found myself really engaged in the story but then felt cheated by the ending. The writing was at times stilted but was able to overcome that with the investment I had in the characters but it was for nothing. Disappointed sums up my experience with this book and I feel bad for feeling this way.
Holly Price
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
2 1/2 stars
Every once in a while you find that book you’re really conflicted about. Something More is definitely one of those books. I am not sure how I feel after reading it and it wasn’t just the twist at the ending that makes me feel this way, but there is definitely a twist. Prepare yourself.

Rebecca is a 40 year old divorcee with a daughter that has just gone off to college. Determined to do something for herself and feeling good about the decision with her daughter away at school, Rebecca
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
I have to start by saying that it was so refreshing to read a story about a 40 year old woman falling love.

Rebecca has decided to start afresh in a new city and a new job. Her daughter has just started college and after divorcing her husband 16 years ago, she is ready for something new. It only takes one day for that something new to happen and it comes in the form of Andrew Chambers. He is a very sexy, successful man with a very high public image. People are fascinated by him and women fawn all
Shamika
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review

What I really liked about this story is that Rebecca Michaels is a 40 year old divorced woman. It's not often that stories are written with a more mature female lead. She has moved to a new town after seeing her daughter off to college. She's ready to begin living her life now that her kid is out of the house. She's smart, confident and ready for some adventure in her life. Rebecca bumps into Andrew Chambers and sparks begin to fly
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was hard not to like Rebecca in this book. She has such a fun personality. She definitely keeps Drew on his toes. I loved the witty banter between them. It kept things so fun and light. After reading a couple emotionally draining books lately, this was exactly what I needed.

I also enjoyed the fact that there wasn't any major drama between them. The attraction between the two was strong immediately. Drew would do anything for Rebecca and he proved that when events in her life took an
Tracy Reads
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
ehhh ..... ok what ?? totally unexpected ending I read through this book liking the storyline, at times I felt it was very fast paced and it kinda stuck out. why is it that even some of us who fall in love quickly in life don't like it when we read it in a book ? maybe we don't want the story to end , or all the goods to happen quick we want suspense, yet sometimes we don't wait till the end to judge I'm glad that the ending went the way it did because the fast paced weird world of beccas ...more
Samuel Gilley
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the book. It kept my attention and made me want to know what was going to happen next. I didn't like the way she was towards her ex-husband and thought she was too much of a smart mouth. But the book kept me interested. the author should possibly make a sequel.
Nina K
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Not exactly what I was expecting but still good. So many scenes were hot and steamy but some were unrealistic. The ending was what knocked it down for me i was disappointed a bit and yet okay worth the conclusion.
Dalo
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
If u want a tale of love, guaranteed hea then this is for you - but it was way to sickly sweet for me
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
this was an ok story...i liked the premise but the writing was a bit elementary and the dialog forced. i thought the twist at the end was a bit far fetched and silly.
Amy Lambert
Uh..

I was really left speechless, and not in a good way. That was one of the worst books I've read in a long time. Ugh!
Kim
Apr 01, 2014
Leanne
Apr 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I was born and raised in South/Central Florida. Currently residing in Texas, I love spending time with my fur-baby, Roxy… and sometimes my kids (when they behave). I enjoyed writing poems as a teenager, but it was short-lived. I didn’t become an avid reader until… Twilight and became obsessed. My passion for reading led to stories and characters nagging at me. Then a friend suggested I write it ...more