Start by marking “Not In Time (Lost Art Investigations, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not In Time (Lost Art Investigations, #1)

Not In Time

(Lost Art Investigations #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Art historian Genevieve McKenna, who just lost her museum job, lands an exciting assignment: Trace the path of a drawing the Nazis stole in Paris and restore it to the rightful owners.

Julien Brooks, whose family claims the drawing, has vital information. He also has a killer smile and speaks flawless French. She's eager to get to know him better. A lot better.

But someone
Published December 15th 2013 by Dystel & Goderich Literary Management

To ask other readers questions about Not In Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not In Time

Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Ms. Seed's books. She has followed up "Identity" with another compelling read with engaging, believable, characters and an engrossing story. I liked "Not In Time" so much I read it twice (high praise, considering my "to be read" stack). I loved Gen, wish I had a friend like D, and enjoyed the development of the romance between Gen and Julian. Given the fact that looted art from WWII is in the news even now, the story of Gen's search for a particular drawing that was stolen by th ...more
Kathi Kibbel
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read! The world of art theft is interesting and scary. I wanted more!
Lubben
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucky me- I met Shawna Seed! The book was fun: romantic, suspenseful and full of interesting facts about art. There is hope for more from these wonderful characters!
Alethia Ellis
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot

Read this book in 2 days between other things. It caught my attention quickly and was interesting to the end.
Lynne Faubert
This book puts me in a quandary. I chose it because of its rating and review, but they were misleading. First off, it's not a suspense novel, it's more a romance wrapped around an intrigue. The writing is pedestrian in a Harlequin romance sort of way; the storyline slow and predictable, with whole dialogue pages that feel like much ado about nothing (here's looking at you, D!); and the mystical, scifi elements unbelievable and drop landed.

The premise had potential however, the ending wraps every
Sherry Fundin
He felt something special, something magical, when he touched her.

They were both after the same thing – the drawing that was stolen by the Nazis in Paris.

As soon as he entered the Gallery I knew it. He knows her and I am wondering if he is up to no good. Shawna Seed keeps me guessing as I travel through time trying to avoid the pitfalls that are awaiting Genevieve and Julien.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not In Time starts out as a normal mystery, find the stolen drawing. But when Genevieve and Julien come in con
Ann
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took Me Awhile

I've had this book downloaded for sometime but I have just gotten around to reading it. I enjoyed it for the most part. The art research was interesting. I liked Jay and Gen, although I did get frustrated with her whimp act at times. Julian was a good strong support for her. Gen's friend, D, was annoying on so many levels.
The mystery was weak and the solution left me wondering what all the fuss was about. There was no real suspense to speak of. Plenty of threats, but then they were
Maryanne Lyons
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I more than thoroughly enjoyed this novel of suspense, which will definitely grab you from the very first chapter. Its engaging plot and main characters (Genevieve and Julien) as well as its crisp writing style makes this page-turner a true delight. Moreover, the underlying premise of recovering a piece of art that the Nazis allegedly stole during World War II makes for a very engaging story. Although you think they might not, all loose ends do get tied up neatly at the end -- which for me is th ...more
Blaine DeSantis
May 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh! Not for me. Too light, breezy and fluffy. Nothing wrong with that type of book, but right now I find that it did not really hold my interest. I think the author had a good premise but this is a little too much of the cozy mystery style and could have used a lot less dialogue and get rid of the romance. Just a bad and boring book for me, but it appears that I am in the vast minority.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
LOVED this book! I did not want to put it down so I could see what happened next. great combination of a mystery, a little bit of romance and a little bit of sci-fi. And there is mystery all the way until the end (several mysteries to solve/get answers).

Andrea Swierzy
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a fast moving, holds your attention read. I had the great luck to read this on a long travel day and it really helped to pass the time. I hope Shawna keeps the series going, but I wouldn't mind if Julien leaves the scene to keep the plots open for any adventure.
Talya
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this book. There were moments in it that just made me smile. I loved the convergence of old and new stories, the mystery and just the right amount of violence. It's an enjoyable and easy read I couldn't put down.
Ivan Garnica
Not too bad

The plot was heavily surrounded around the main character and her fear of repeating her mother's tragedy. Some chapters stretched out a bit longer than hoped, but everything was wrapped up together by the end. Not as much "art" as I thought, but not too bad.
Terresa
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lively story about a deep subject

The characters are engaging and the story is intriguing. Perfect for someone interested in the subject but who wants a light read. Perfect length to read on a flight.
Shelia L. Jackson
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I was surprised and kept entertained by an unusual plot. It's not merely a romance novel or a normal mystery. I will definitely look for more books by Seed.
Kathy Whepley
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just about halfway through, and I am definitely to the "can't put down" phase.
Cora Lorenzo
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed ready Not In Time, it held my interest from beginning to end. I would recommend it to all my family and friends.
Amber
May 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy read about two of my favorite things...art and mystery! Not super complex and not super satisfying, but I did love the mix so I will continue to read and enjoy this series.
William D Falconer
Totally worth it.

I bought a Kindle just so I could read this book, I hope Ms. Seed has many more books up her sleeve.

Wrightalways
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Characters you root for, beautiful settings, exciting plotlines - a great read! l hope to see these guys in some future books.
Linda
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
After seeing the movie "Monument Men" this book was especially apropos.
Pat Davis
Complex Plot

The plot was sometimes hard to follow and seemed to be heading into science fiction. I liked the characters, especially the main ones.
Lynn Krancioch
May 17, 2015
Gaye Coburn
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Thousand Yesteryears (Point Pleasant, #1)
  • Celeste Files: Unlocked (Psychic C.O.R.E, #1)
  • Time of Death
  • The Middle Aisle (Lancaster House)
  • The Blake Soul
  • Deadly Road
  • Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)
  • The Awakening (Project Eve #1)
  • Blood on the Bayou (Cafferty and Quinn #3.6; 1001 Dark Nights #34)
  • The Torment Of Rachel Ames
  • Kill and Run (Thorny Rose Mysteries, #1)
  • Icy Passage
  • Psycho Inside Me
  • Natalie's Revenge (Frank Renzi, #3)
  • Wormwood (Wormwood #1)
  • Bones: The Complete Apocalypse Saga
  • Open Meetings (Jillian Hillcrest, #2)
  • Hereafter (Afterlife #1)
Shawna Seed is a writer and editor whose career has taken her to both coasts and several spots in between, working for organizations that include The Dallas Morning News and ESPN.com.

Originally from Kansas, she's lived in seven states and every continental U.S. time zone. She and her husband now call Dallas home.

When she's not writing, her interests include cooking, travel and watching college b