Start by marking “Confessions of an Imaginary Friend” as Want to Read:
Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

Nobody likes Jacques Papier besides his sister; when he comes across a cowgirl at the park and she informs him that he's an imaginary friend, just like her, Jacques’s world is forever changed.
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of an Imaginary Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on: | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Audible | BookDepository (FREE WORLDWIDESHIPPING) |

3 out of 5 stars. Please read my rating system further below. SUCH A CUTE BOOK. I CAN'T STOP SMILING!!!

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a b
L.R.W. Lee
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Endearing Tale of What it Means to Be

What a beautiful and exceedingly deep tale. What does it mean to be real? What can our imaginations free us to think and become? Who are we really? What is the essence of us?

This is certainly a story both young and old will enjoy...
Anita Vela
Reseña completa: http://anitavelabooks.blogspot.com.es...

Confesiones de un amigo imaginario es una historia principalmente para los niños, pero también para los no tan niños, que contiene un mensaje muy bueno e importante para todos: conocerse y valorase a uno mismo. Muy recomendada, sobre todo para niños y niñas entre 9-14 años. Os cuento más en el blog :)
Juan Manuel Sarmiento
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Confesiones de un amigo imaginario es una lectura perfecta para niños y para el niño interior que todos seguimos llevando dentro.
Reseña completa en THE BEST READ YET BLOG
🌹Rose☮️
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's lines like this that make this simply beautiful

"The truth is, that's all anyone wants, to be known that way, to be seen. I don't mean our hair or our clothes, I mean seen for who we really are. We all want to find that one person who knows the real us, all our quirks, and still understands. Have you ever had anyone see you? Really, truly, the deepest part that seems invisible to the rest of the world?"

This is a story about an imaginary friend who discovers he's not real and seeks out to fi
Alexis Steven
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reto-hombres-p
Confesiones de un amigo imaginario ha sido más de lo que esperaba. Es un libro corto con una gran letra que invita a conocer a un personaje que existe pero no existe, que es pero no sabe qué es y que quiere saber.

Confesiones de un amigo imaginario logró mostrarme más de lo que esperaba. Es un libro perfecto para los niños de la casa, y tal vez para los no tan niños. Es tierno, emotivo y gracioso, logró sacarme unas cuantas risas y sonrisas.

Nunca se debe dejar de lado el poder de la imaginación
Jon
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seen at Bookish Antics!
I didn’t know what this book was about when I first picked it up other than the fact that it’s being adapted into an animated film and was being compared to Toy Story. I was mentally unprepared for Confessions and it turned out to be one of the most clever and emotional reads I’ve read in so long. Jacques’s memoir will make readers of all ages turn into emotional mushes and is something so precious. Confessions Of An Imaginary Friend is such a special book and is bound to
Patt
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Confesiones de un amigo imaginario" es el ejemplo perfecto de un libro infantil que esconde una segunda lectura detrás, pero que puede leerse perfectamente como un mero libro infantil y que le encantará a los peques de la casa. Nos presenta la historia de Jaques Papier, un niño que tendrá que enfrentarse a una verdad que cambiará su vida tal y como la ha conocido.

En una historia llena de humor, sarcasmo e imaginación, Jaques se planteará preguntas como "¿Quién es Jaques Papier? ¿Qué es Jaques P
Kaethe
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
In the way that any sentimental book about childhood and becoming real (cf., Peter Pan, Pinocchio, The Velveteen Rabbit) is much more appealing to an adult audience than a young one, I wouldn't actually recommend this to any kids. I enjoyed it, and I really empathized with Jacques' dilemma. And of course the ending brings it all together in a meaningful way. But I think kids are going to read this and think Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends*, and wonder "why bother?"

*Feel free to substitute so
Meli
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindo libro. Muy middle grade y no del todo original, pero tierno y emotivo.
Espe
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desde el punto de vista de Jacques y en primera persona, el pequeño amigo imaginario nos contará cómo es su vida junto a Fleur y el cambio que da cuando descubre que no es más que el producto de la imaginación de la pequeña. Así se embarcara en un viaje donde querrá encontrar la libertad, pasará por diferentes etapas acompañado de todo tipo de niños y llegará a conocerse a sí mismo. Es un libro infantil pero con un trasfondo muy profundo que deja mensajes de superación y autodescubrimiento que t ...more
Nora S
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books that I've read recently because it was the kind of book that really makes you have a connection with the characters and is really easy to visualize. The story is told from the perspective of Jacques Papier, who is the imaginary friend/twin brother of a girl named Fleur. He does not realize that he is imaginary and always wonders why no one notices him. Even his parents forget to set a spot at the table for him! This book is perfect for anyone in 3rd grade and hi ...more
Viridiana Ivashkov
Reseña completa: https://goo.gl/4VJ3RP

Es una aventura enternecedora, llena de imaginación e inocencia. Narrado por un personaje singular que se ganará el corazón de los lectores por su personalidad intrépida.
Me gustó mucho, es cierto que al principio me pareció muy sencillo y poco sobresaliente pero conforme vamos conociendo a Jacques es imposible no quedar prendados de él.
Lisa Straubinger
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as I was really starting to enjoy this book I hit a part that made me go, huh? Quickly after though it redeemed itself. This book is for anyone, young or old, who has had an imaginary friend. It gives you moments for pause and lots of food for thought. What if we could all be like an imaginary friend, a support system, for those we care about?
JoséReads📚
Si, me gusto el libro.
Es un libro muy sencillo, pero en ello se encuentra lo mágico. Me agrado el viaje “espiritual” que hizo el amigo imaginario, pie alguna extraña razón este libro me recuerda a la película, la razón de estar contigo.
Addisyn W
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Најслађа дечја књига на свету! :3
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, childrens
This was a marvelous book, recommended to me by one of my students. I read it aloud with my daughter and we both liked it a lot. Jacque Papier's point of view is excellent, and the opening chapters as he realizes what he is are very funny. And although there is plenty to laugh at in every one of the very short 60 chapters, there is also a lot that is touching and thoughtful-almost philosophical! It was a beautiful story and at the conclusion I teared up.
Amy-Jo Conant
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audio Book (speaker uses a heavy french accent for effect)
Lexile 700
Accelerated Reader 4.8

I picked this up purely by accident and couldn't have been happier. I read the cover very quickly and saw memoir. Since I am always on the hunt for new memoirs I grabbed it quickly. It turns out I was very wrong. This is a fictional book about an imaginary friend. This book is a nice break from the heavy books one usually finds this age group.

I love that the concept of this book is very different. I someti
Patryx
Immaginari o no, si è invisibili solo nella misura in cui si sente di esserlo.

La vita degli amici immaginari non è certo facile: nessuno li vede e il loro aspetto dipende dall'immaginazione di chi li ha evocati; anche il ruolo non è per nulla semplice dato che devono trovare il delicato equilibrio tra i loro bisogni e quelli dei bambini che li chiamano. E se ti trovi sotto una forma che non ti piace o se il tuo bambino è un matto che cerca di farti fuori? Niente paura perché c'è l'efficientiss
Margaret Boling
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
11/24/2016 ** The least talked about book of 2015.
Favorite quotes:
p. 61-62 "Just because you're not 'real' doesn't mean you're not real." (said The Everything to Jacques.) Jacques responded: "I think it's like the earth and the moon," I explained. "The light of the moon is an illusion. It's actually just reflecting light from the sun, bouncing it back like a mirror. We're like that moon, and without the people who imagined us, it's all darkness."

p. 114 Merla explaining to Jacques the benefits o
Pupottina
Benvenuto, Jacques Papier!

"Storia vera di un amico immaginario" è il sottotitolo del libro dedicato alla vita di Jacques Papier che è tanto vera, quanto immaginaria; tanto capace di suscitare il sorriso, quanto far venir voglia di un grande abbraccio. Per chi ha un bambino intorno ai dieci anni, è il romanzo ideale: spensierato, allegro, riflessivo, capace di insegnare e chiarire i tanti "perché" dell'esistenza. È un po' come un piccolo Principe ...
È bello poter presentare il dolcissimo Jacques
Kayla
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adorable, funny, enlightening.

Dare I say that this middle grade novel was uniquely imaginative? Jacques Papier is an imaginary friend who does not realize he is imaginative. Once he does, he goes on a soul-searching adventure and discovers that just because he is imaginary, does not mean he can't feel real.

Every chapter in this novel is so witty and fun. The author created a work that both children and adults can truly appreciate. There's philosophical lessons--"I'm only as invisible as I feel
Jill Berry
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Clever and humorous, but I'm not sure children will get much of the humor, especially Imaginaries Anonymous, which has a chant at the beginning of each meeting. This is clearly a spoof on Alcoholics Anonymous, but will children understand that? There are other references that children will not get.
Federica D'Ascani
La bellezza di questo libro è indiscutibile. Un inno alla fantasia, ma anche un vaso pieno di concetti preziosi. Jacques riesce a essere profondo, umano (nonostante il suo essere invisibile) e divertente in una sola parola. Il suo odio verso Fracois il bassotto, che poi si tramuta in un rispetto tra vecchi nemici, mi ha fatto sorridere, ma pensare tanto, tantissimo. L'universo dell'infanzia potrebbe insegnare così tanto, eppure rimane spesso inascoltato. Non in questo caso: qui, la Cowgirl che d ...more
Ann
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was wonderful! I liked everything about it! It was very exciting and fun. It was a very creative and imaginative story. I really recommend this book to people who like fantasy/realistic fiction books. I think that the author wrote this story to make us realize something: Friends are always there to help you when you have hard times. This book was basically all about friends. I really think that this book is a very meaningful book that could make people who ignore others stop and change ...more
Karla (leersucks)
Estoy trabajando en una librería y este libro estaba abierto, así que lo empecé a leer y, ya había llegado a más de la mitad, cuando alguien lo compró y lo alejó de mí. *emoji de corazón roto*

Es un libro demasiado tierno, muy muy lindo. Me hizo sentir niñita con problemas de grande. O me hizo ver los problemas de grande con ojos de niñita. No sé. Es muy lindo. Ojalá lo pueda terminar de leer algún día, de una u otra forma.
Heather
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We listened to this book on CD during our road trip. My daughters and I agreed it was one of the funniest stories we’ve listened to/read in awhile. I don’t know that I could have done this book justice reading it out loud to my kids, or in my head, as the actor who did the reading was phenomenal.

We give it an A+++! 😉
  • Not From Around Here
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • Ghostly Summons
  • Iron Shinto (Moa, #3)
  • Chasing Vegas
  • The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle
  • The Creature of the Pines (The Unicorn Rescue Society, #1)
  • Mers
  • Black Throne Conspiracy
  • The Girl in the Torch
  • Audrey (cow)
  • The Jericho River
  • Floats The Dark Shadow
  • Catalyst (The Passage of Hellsfire, #1)
  • Odd, Weird & Little
  • The Unicorn in the Barn
Michelle Cuevas was born in 1982 in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. She graduated from Williams College and holds a master of fine arts in creative writing from the University of Virginia, where she received the Henry Hoyns Fellowship.

Michelle is the author of The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole Smoot: A Rebellious Shadow illustrated by Sydney Smith, national bestseller  The Uncorker of
“The truth is...you're only as invisible as you feel, imaginary or not.” 8 likes
“Sometimes imaginary troubles are harder to bear than actual ones.” 6 likes