Start by marking “The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall” as Want to Read:
The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall

The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall

How many times do you try before you give up? This is the question that little Plink considers after failing to fall repeatedly. This story helps 3 to 8 year old children understand that learning to do things is not always easy and sometimes it takes the support and love of others to succeed.

The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall is a story for young readers based on the idea tha
Hardcover, 1st, 32 pages
Published December 15th 2013 by Character Publishing (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall

Start your review of The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall
Daniel
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully illustrated, heartwarming story of perseverance. The story is well-paced and fun. As a plus, there are side-bars and back matter covering the water cycle and fun extra activities relating to the story. My kids love to hear this one over and over.
Kirsti Call
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It feels a little odd to rate my own book, but I happen to like Plink and her story especially because Plink is the one who made me an author!
Shelley Kinder
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I own this book and happy I do. It's a sweet story of poor little Plink who is having a hard time falling. I love how the problem is resolved. Creatively written and illustrated. I also appreciate the educational side notes on some of the pages.
Literary Classics Book Awards & Reviews
The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall is the story of Plink, a young raindrop who dreams of falling from the sky to water the flowers, and even someday to become part of a beautiful rainbow. But sadly, no matter how hard she tries, she just can't seem to fall from the clouds. Finally, she goes to her grandmother who helps her understand that when the time is right, she will be able to achieve her dreams.

Author Kirsti Call has crafted a heartwarming story that will appeal to youngsters who all can relat
Carrie Charley Brown
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Small children need help dealing with their feelings, and Little Plink is the perfect character to help them learn how! In this story, a young raindrop is determined to achieve and willing to learn. But, no matter what she tries, she cannot fall to the ground! Plink teaches young children to ask for help, persist, work hard, maintain a positive attitude, use coping skills, and defeat self-doubt. When a child's world is evaporating, Plink's message will shine through: Heavy clouds bring healing r ...more
Anne
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book! Great message; vivid, descriptive language; and I love the puffy marshmallow raindrop, Plink.
Paul Czajak
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! The illustrations are vivid, which my daughter especially loves. And the science facts sprinkled within the story are a huge hit with both my kids.
Tamra LeValley
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Private Review for Company
Marcia
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The Raindrop Who Couldn’t Fall is a charming book filled with bright, cheerful illustrations. I never knew a raindrop could be so cute, soft, puffy and plump! Even Plink’s grandmother is adorable in her spectacles. Plink really wants to float down from the clouds like all the other raindrops, but she’s too afraid. The story shows young children how sometimes you just have to keep trying. An added bonus are attractive information tags inserted every other spread or so. These additions explain dif ...more
Jane
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book manages to make the reader care about the characters and learn how the water cycle works--quite a feat! It's charming, too.
Laura Cooper

• Her Fearless Run: Kathrine Switzer’s Historic Boston Marathon
  • Amy's Choice
  • Before I Sleep I Say Thank You
  • You Know What?
  • Where am I Sleeping Tonight? (A Story of Divorce)
  • Nothing Wee about Me!: A Magical Adventure
  • The Witches of Willow Cove
  • Open Minds (Mindjack #1)
  • The Kitchen House
  • Call Me Amy
  • A Town Divided by Christmas
  • Roller Boy
  • Wicked Academy 1: The Magic Elite
  • Heir of Iron Hearts (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #2)
  • The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Game of Shadows (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #3)
  • Reign of Darkness (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #4)
  • A Cursed Reign (Whims of Fae, #5)
Kirsti Call loves writing, reading, singing and playing with her five kids. You can find her book, The Raindrop Who Couldn't Fall, on Amazon.

Here's a book trailer! http://youtu.be/ILoU8KRTjRM