Start by marking “The Tower (Psionic Pentalogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tower (Psionic Pentalogy, #2)

The Tower

(PSIONIC Pentalogy #2)

After a very shaky beginning as a wild-born telekinetic, Adrian is elated to discover that his new home is at the center of the world's largest psionic city. It should have been a dream come true, but something here is just not right. It's not just that his sister is still missing, or that he is being forced into a rigorous combat training program that is slowly turning hi ...more
Published December 16th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tower

Tara Bush
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great installment. Our hero is turning 13, but has to struggle with very adult decisions - would you be willing to kill someone? He's idealistic at the beginning of the story and we all love him for it. But as reality takes hold, both reader and character find our ideals challenged and discover that life isn't as black and white as we'd like it to be.
Sean Endress
Taken from my Amazon.com review.
Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The opinions below are entirely my own.

"The Tower" picks up where "Wild-born" left off, meaning that those reading through the series in succession will be relieved by the lack of rehashing, but those trying to jump into the middle will feel quite left out. Effort is made to catch them up, but the finer points and subtleties are lost without reading the first book. Therefore, I
Rach Lawrence
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Rach Lawrence Books.

*I was provided a copy of The Tower by the author in exchange for an honest review. I am not compensated for my honest opinion.*

At thirteen, Adrian Howell has already lived a full life as a wild-born telekinetic. He’s happy to be settling down in the heart of the new psionic city of New Haven. He freely joins the Guardians, hoping they’ll be able to help him rescue his sister from the Angels. But life as a Guardian means intense combat training of
Denae Christine
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reader thoughts: I wouldn't describe this book as fast. There's not as much action as in the first one, and most of the danger is distant and abstract.

Adrian does a lot of training and schooling for nearly a year with a few brushes with the outside world and armed angels. Most of his real problems seem to be all character, which, in itself, is rather neat. For an action story (with super powers) to put so much effort into developing the characters and their personalities and motivations . . . I'
Sandy Conley
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: si-fi
Book takes you farther into the story and continues his growth and learning. I rounds out the characters he met in the first book. He developed a close relationship with the woman (Cindy) who accepted responsibility for his care. Cindy also had another charge under her care, Alia who she rescued from those who had submitted her to abuse due to her powers. In the first book we were informed as to how these powers were viewed by the military and religious groups.
Caitlin Lynagh
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book (Wild-Born) and thoroughly enjoying it, I was impressed with this second book. The Tower isn’t as fast paced as Wild-born, but it has a heck of a lot of mystery and injustice to keep you hooked. I’m on the third book now and the injustice just keeps on growing! If you haven’t read the first book I would strongly recommend that you go and pick it up now, however, you don’t necessarily have to read the first book in order to understand the second book. The author cover ...more
Kat Willis
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dianna Steiger
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that continues to hold you in its grip!

Second book down and heading into the third. Great development of characters and storylines. So glad I ran into this series :)
Donna Bagby
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
excellent book! This book was exciting and well written, as I could not wait to get to the next chapter. The characters were very personable and I especially enjoyed reading about how the relationship of Aliah and "Addy" had grown.
Cant wait to read book three.
Kristine
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had previously read book one, so I knew what to expect. Despite having read the first book (I read a few books between the first and second) my memory was foggy of the first one. After reading the first few pages, Adrian explains that he won’t recap. But he does recap just enough for you to remember where you left off. This amazing book is rated as FIVE stars and it earned every one of them.
It starts off with the narrator, which this being a first person is none other than Adrian Howell. They
Andy Dill
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't read much paranormal fiction, but The Tower: PSIONIC Book Two (Psionic Pentalogy 2) by Adrian Howell is definitely worth the time to read and got me hooked. I enjoyed every page of this book. Adrian Howell, the main character, is a totally believable character who finds he has powerful telekinetic abilities. Being a teenager, he does things a teenager would do, but after a tragedy he is forced to go on the run and grow up fast. He goes to live in a community of people with psioni ...more
Kacey
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Though it doesn't happen too much, I find myself preferring the first book then the 2nd.

There were parts of book 2 that were fun to read and hard to put down, but a large amount of it was dreams and struggling through figuring out what they mean, as well as very slow progress in balancing his powers and getting trained in hand to hand combat, and a bit of moral compass pointing.

It was hard to trudge through those more dull and slow parts of this book. Despite the slow pace and little plot move
Jackson
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I wish I could rate it ten stars. I really enjoyed watching Adrian try to separate his psionic powers from his physical powers. The story had a good amount of action mixed with all of his other problems he had to deal with at the time. I also enjoyed seeing Adrian trying to be a regular kid, but realizing that fitting in can’t happen when you’re different.
Megan Cullison
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

What a fun series so far! I really enjoy the main character and his pseudo sister, and enjoy the adventures they go on. I like the style of writing (except all the laughing instead of said, details), and how well it draws you into the story and keeps you there. Definitely recommended for people who enjoy fantasy books!
Chrisann Lamb
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book!

don't let the name scare you, this book is about kids and adults with powers, and it has a great storyline. I'm buying the third book now!!!
angela reed
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I intend to read the whole series

I am really enjoying this series. It's well written and thought out. The story takes you on a trip from friends, betrayal and , back to friends.
Roger Schulz
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book, good series (so far)

Had trouble putting this one down, spent more time reading then I should have. Very good story!
Hope the remaining books are as good.
Mgray
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good continuation of series. Ending chase chapter quick and intense. Cindy collects more family members. The reason for Adrian girl clothes us revealed.
Shane
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book thanks Adrian 10/10 the first two books I finished in a day.
Alice
Valerie
Apr 02, 2017
B.
Jul 23, 2014

• Driven (Reflections #9)
  • Sweet Escape (Sweet, #2)
  • The Greater Darkness
  • Tainted (Ava Delaney: Lost Souls #1)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • Wolf Moon (Grazi Kelly #1)
  • Vampires, Banshees and Angels
  • Synergy (See #3; Web of Hearts and Souls #8)
  • Ghost in the Flames (Ghosts, #2)
  • Forever Midnight
  • Forest of the Forbidden
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • Awakening (Guardians, #1)
  • Dark Dreams and Dead Things (Dead Things, #2)
  • The Wanted (The Woodlands, #4)
Adrian Howell (pen name) is the author of the Psionic Pentalogy: five novels that follow the life of a telekinetic teenager through a dark world of warring paranormal factions, deadly religious cults and secret government organizations.

Born of a Japanese mother and American father, Adrian was raised for a time in California and currently lives a quiet life in Japan where he teaches English to sma

PSIONIC Pentalogy (5 books)
  • Wild-born (Psionic Pentalogy, #1)
  • Lesser Gods (Psionic Pentalogy, #3)
  • The Quest (Psionic Pentalogy, #4)
  • Guardian Angel (Psionic Pentalogy, #5)
“The moral argument ends the moment someone tries to hurt the people you love.” 0 likes
“peace is as fickle as a candle in the wind.” 0 likes