Start by marking “Hunted (Dragonlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunted (Dragonlands, #2)

Hunted

(Dragonlands #2)

The fog that trapped the people of Hutton's Bridge for eighty years has disappeared, but now so have the villagers.

Fearing the worst, Tressa and Bastian must navigate a new and dangerous world in search of their people. Among their allies are a healer, a warrior, and even a dragon—but their enemies are far greater.

Hutton’s Bridge has long protected a powerful secret, one t
Published June 3rd 2014 by 80 Pages, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Melissa Cinelli
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love that this book continues right where the last one left off since the first book had me SO enthralled that I just HAD to read the 2nd one the second I finished the first one! The story has a little bit of everything, mystery, dragons, fantasy, love, betrayal, and most of all; a UNIQUE storyline that leaves you excited and wondering "what's going to happen next?!?!"

I highly recommend this series and have started following Megg Jenson to see what other jems she has in store for me.
Pamela
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dragonlands
***Read an eARC copy of the book in exchange for an honest review***

This book was amazing! It starts right where the last one left off and you are immediately draw into the story. Each chapter focuses on a different character so we get to see the events unfold from all sides. Which I really like; since you are able to see everything going on, things don't happen where you question it. I will admit that there were times where I did get a bit confused as to what was happening due to the switching
Mark Kloss
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying the series, I can see why it is called epic fantasy, but it is also somehow simple and fast paced.
Shirley
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 - this shall require some recovery time. #AuthorsAreEvil

I received Hunted in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Okay… I really did need some recovery time before I could review this one. So much happened that I’m not really sure where to start. I’m also going to apologize in advance for any vagueness. Megg Jensen took so many twists, turns and… well, you’ll just have to read Hunted to understand. Once you do you’ll forgive me, I promise.

Hunted takes up pretty much where Hidden left
Kim
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start off by saying that I am a huge Megg Jensen fan. I have read everything she has written and loved every bit of it. This series is more adult in nature than most of the others and it is MUCH darker. I love every single moment of it!

Hunted is the second in the Dragonlands series, following Hidden. I loved Hidden, but I think I loved Hunted even more! The book begins essentially just after the first book ends. All of our favorite characters are back, at least the ones that are stil
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review.

WOW! The first book in this series, Hidden, is really good but this book blows that one out of the water. It is an excellent follow up although I warn you that it has a killer cliff-hanger ending.

This story does follow on from Hidden so I definitely recommend you read that first or you simply won't have a clue what is happening in here. For those that have read it, I can say that the story continues to move forward in su
Megan
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
This novel picks up right where we were left off with Hidden. I love getting different viewpoints with Tressa, Bastian and Conner. There was so much mystery and adventure thrown into this story that it completely sucked me in. If you like Game of Thrones, this is definitely a book worth checking out. All the different dragon realms were fascinating! I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but I'm anxious to read the next book of the series since the ending left me hanging there.

I would h
Colin
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
A fantastic read yet again, the characters getting more stronger, to a point where you actually, feel you know them... can't wait to get stated on book 3
Trisha Smith
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After finishing book 1 of the series, I immediately began on book 2. I was so glad that I had the first three books in one, because it didn't mean having to wait for the next one to be released. I was able to jump right in where I left off, which I did immediately and without reservation.

Just like book 1, I felt that book 2 was absolutely amazing. It picked up right where book 1 ended, which is great because I hate when a book ends with a cliffhanger and I wanted to know what was going to happe
old account (rl)
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
I have to say that this wasn't as good as Hidden. The special quality that made the prequel so engaging was missing. The plot was flat - all the action and intrigue I loved in the first book just wasn't there. It was too jumpy and seemed a little unorganised. I had no idea where it was going, and while I appreciate the unpredictability, it just wasn't consistent enough. I did, however, enjoy learning more about the kingdom and the Sands and all the different cultures and dragon lore and everythi ...more
Sue Davis
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventure Filled Story With Magic & Dragons

As the story continues- Tressa has defeated the blue dragon with the help of another blue dragon (her friend Connor) and her village love Bastian. She is trying to save the rest of their village. A village that has been held by the fog since her grandmother was 13 and had awaken to a world where all the adults were gone. Only the children younger than her were left. In this book you find what has happened to the three sent out to try to escape the f
Donna
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's too bad that Bastian and Tressa can't seem to spend enough time together for each one to find out what the other one's up to and the motives behind their actions. They are both on the same mission - to discover what happened to the residents of the village - but go about their searches in different ways.

Poor, poor Connor. I fear he may never be able to recall the man he used to be but will be trapped in his current existence forever. He doesn't seem to regret it as his focus is on the baby
Alba
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.55
I am so glad this was on offer on Bookbub. One of my fears is that I won't be able to read some authors because they are not mentioned enough, Meg has done a great job. Will definitely be finishing the series.

Prose/ Voice (0.6): It just feels like a weird fantasy book without the ancient medieval language and sometimes I wished it had more description.
Characters (0.65): Good characters, not really in love with anyone.
World (0.6): Also wished it had m ore description, I have the basic idea of
Jack Vasen
Feb 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sexual torture and mutilation with sadism in a YA book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't carried through, but it might as well have since the torture device was raised in front of the half naked woman with every intention of carrying through before it was interrupted. Then there was a memory erasure which for me is mind rape. I hate mind rape as much as any plot device in fiction.

What are we coming to? I would expect such from the likes of GoT, but a YA book?

I don't think I will finish this book or serie
Eppie
Oct 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Disappointing--the world building is quite weak and the series from here devolves into a soap opera. I liked the first book, and expected that once they were out of the mist that the world would both expand and get filled in. Ended up not liking the characters much, and there are so many questions that aren't answered by the end of the book--not just not answered, but not even asked. What happened to the blue dragons? No one seems to think it is weird, or much of a problem, that there is only on ...more
Michael Rasmussen
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
As it contenues in the same style, you are pulled further into the world, never knowing what is happening next. The carrosel of going up and down in this book has truly earned the first place in being unexpected among the books I have read.

So if you don't wish to be able to guess the ending and like fantasi and dragons, I would recommend the book :)
Megan
You can tell this is a lot shorter than the first.

Which is fine, its still a not too bad length.

I feel like its trying to be Eragon but it just isn't quite there. Not in a bad way, its not as confusing as Eragon but its close.
Blaire Benson
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-shelf
Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier! I'm thinking I'd I we're Tressa, I'd scoop up Jarrett and go live with the green dragons and be done with all this. But, alas, she must see it through! Onto the next book!
Amanda Sagen
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something Different, though everything still seems to happen a little too fast for my liking. Reading the 3rd book now so hopefully things will start to slow down and make a little more sense. Overall, these have been good books so far.
Mrs Nicola Robertson
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
getting really good. typical love triangle but not as angsty.
Marissa
Jul 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did not finish -- this series just got worse and worse...it wasn't logical and ahhh it drove me crazy
Rachel
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Sonia Knippshild
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I liked this one better than the first one in the series. Now I'm invested in the characters! And either im getting used to the style of writing or it's gotten better.
Wayne Inkster
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say that this one was better written than the first. I couldn't put it down! And the ending!!! I'm glad I already have the third one!!
Morgan Blomstedt
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Rose Boyer
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Surprises around every corner.
James Hockley
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second part of Megg Jensen's Dragonlands series. Here we step onto the wider world, albeit through the eyes of the same characters: Tressa and Bastian. This is a natural extension of the first book, and it steps along the story-path in a natural and intriguing way. If you've read the first book, this is worth picking up, especially since it's free. A good little read.

In this edition, the world is opened up, and the wider intrigues start to come into focus. Tressa goes off in one dire
Francesca
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! Megg Jensen did a spectacular job on her world building and created a beautiful and dangerous world for her readers to escape to and enjoy in this second book of her Dragonlands series. I loved the world in the first book. I don't often say this, but I think the second book was even better than the first book. She expanded the world she built in the first book allowing us to see so much more of this detailed world she designed with her amazing imagination.

I love stories th
Cynthia HALL
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The author gave me this copy in exchange for a fair & honest review.

I read Hidden (Dragonlands, Book 1) last year and fell in love with the story, the characters, and Megg Jensen. My favorite genre of all time is sci-fi/fantasy and I've read many, many books in this genre--some good, some not so good. Hidden falls into the very good category. Hunted, though, was even better, if that's possible. First, Jensen is one of the better world-builders that I've had the pleasure to read. She gives en
Matt aka
Hunted is the second book in the Dragonlands series by Megg Jensen and the story really gets going in this book.

The first book was about Hutton's Bridge, a small town separated from the rest of the world by a fog wall, that people enter but never return from. The wall comes down in the first book and Bastian, Tressa, and Conner adventure out to the city ruled by a cruel warrior queen.

But in this book you learn more about the rest of the world as the trio look for their townsfolk who have sudden
« previous 1 3 next »

• Spirit Walker (Serpent Catch, #1)
  • The Festival of Bones (Mythworld, #1)
  • The Camelot Papers
  • Shadow of the Winter King
  • Riverwatch
  • The Sacrifice (The Fey, #1)
  • The Drought
  • Dragon's Bride (The Dragon and the Scholar #4)
  • Dragon Born: Chronicles of Dragon Aerie (Plague Born, #1)
  • The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1)
  • Killing Is Harmless: A Critical Reading of Spec Ops: The Line
  • The Gods of Dream
  • A Latent Dark
  • Centaur of the Crime
  • Unto These Hills
  • Swords and Salt - The Complete Series (Swords & Salt #1-3)
  • The Dragon of the Dolomites
  • Dragon Bonds (Return of the Darkening, #3)
Megg Jensen is a two-time USA Today bestselling author of epic fantasy.

No stranger to top ten lists on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the iBookstore, Megg's novels have garnered millions of downloads, attracting fans from all over the world.

She lives in Chicago with her husband, kids, and two insane miniature schnauzers.

Dragonlands (5 books)
  • Hidden (Dragonlands, #1)
  • Retribution (Dragonlands, #3)
  • Desolation (Dragonlands, #4)
  • Reckoning (Dragonlands, #5)