Start by marking “Naughty or Nice” as Want to Read:
Naughty or Nice

Naughty or Nice

(Ella Reynolds #2.75 (Dark Christmas))

All proceeds of this book benefit Kids Need to Read.

A mix of magical, spooky, and romantic tales for the holidays.

The Santa Call, by J.R. Rain - Santa calls a radio talk show seeking advice on matters of the heart.

Disco Angels, by Danielle Younge-Ullman - It's the holidays, and whether Sarah is ready or not, she and her family are in for a wild, dysfunctional and possibly
Published December 16th 2013 by Dane House LLC

To ask other readers questions about Naughty or Nice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty or Nice

Start your review of Naughty or Nice
Al
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013, kindle
A fun collection of longer short stories (the longest actually novelette length) with very little in common except they’re all good and the holiday season has some role in each. Some have a supernatural or paranormal element. Some have characters from one of the author’s novels, although I never felt I needed backstory about those characters to understand or enjoy the story.

I considered singling out stories that stood out as especially good or different than the others and realized I couldn’t.
John Presler
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a collection of 10 Short Stories with all but one having a Christmas Holiday Theme. The one exception had a Chinese New Year Theme. The stories range in length from 6 pages to 37 pages, with 7 of the 10 stories having less than 20 pages.

Several of the stories involve a somewhat darker nature, with two of them having a few instances of foul language that, to me, do not belong in a Cozy Mystery.

Overall, the stories were fairly well written, had easily recognizable characters, and
Karen
After averaging out the stars my rating comes to 3.6 stars for the book. The stories in it are very diverse and all thankfully are about the holiday season.

'The Santa Call' by J.R. Rain is a bit of a weird one that I gave 3.5 stars because it is so different you can't help but keep reading. Santa calls a radio show run by the Love Doctor who gives romantic advise. Santa calls because Mrs. Claus has left him and he needs someone to tell him how to get her back or Christmas will be ruined. I
Dharia Scarab
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

Toni
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is a collection of 10 short Stories. I don't really like short stories, but I thought this might be a good thing that I could pick up and read now and then. However, there were only a couple out of the 4 or 5 that I actually read that was worth reading.

Short stories just don't have time to tell a story of substance. I got the book because I saw J. R. Rain had written one, and I do like his books. His was one of the 2 I liked. To be fair to the authors in this collection, I didn't get past
Kristin L.
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Well, I like a lot of the authors that contributed stories to this anthology, and I also like that this was written with the proceeds going to benefit Kids Need to Read Foundation. This set of stories offers a wide range of tales. One of my favorites is The Perfect Gift by Barbara Annino. It is worth picking up for quick, interesting reads.
Helen Smith
Dec 17, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
All proceeds from this anthology will go to the charity Kids Need to Read, providing children's books to schools and libraries.
Brenda
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These were entertaining, quick reads. Some are from genres I don't usually like to read, but even those were good stories.
Cheri Taylor
Oct 11, 2014
Jamie
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think

Ella Reynolds (4 books)
  • Dark Corners
  • Dark Passing
  • Dark Obsession (The Ella Reynolds Series Book 3)
  • Dark Shattering (The Ella Reynolds Series Book 4)