Start by marking “The Sketchnote Workbook: Advanced Techniques for Taking Visual Notes You Can Use Anywhere” as Want to Read:

The Sketchnote Workbook, the follow-up to Mike Rohde's popular The Sketchnote Handbook, shows you how to take the basic sketchnoting skills you learned in the Handbook and use them in new and fun ways. You think you have fun taking sketchnotes in meetings? Try using them to record your travels. Or start a food journal. Or break out those visual notetaking skills in your ne ...more
Published August 22nd 2014 by Peachpit Press (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sketchnote Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sketchnote Workbook

Start your review of The Sketchnote Workbook: Advanced Techniques for Taking Visual Notes You Can Use Anywhere
loafingcactus
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Like the main book, not a lot of book for a lot of money, but still... excellent.

YOU can "just doodle." You CAN. What you draw is individual and unique to you. In a world drowning in words, a little more doodling and sketching is what we need.

The idea of this workbook is that you think you can't, but with just very little practice you will find that you CAN. I've used the idea from the previous book of leaving blanks that you can come back to, combined with the idea from this book that just draw
Hitessh Panchal
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one has some advanced techniques on creating sketchnotes.

But, still feel, mindmaps are far more better than sketchnotes.
Pat Loughery
A very worthwhile successor to Sketchnote Handbook. This one recaps Handbook and then works through a broad variety of applications for sketchnoting. I appreciate the author's willingness to showcase so many other artists' work, which opens the doors of imagination broadly for us who are finding our own way to Sketchnote in particular, but be more creative in general.
Bülent Duagi
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ux
A whole new sketch world.
Anja von "books and phobia"
Sketchnotes sind nun wirklich eine feine Sache. Mittlerweile kann ich sie aus meinem Privatleben nicht mehr wegdenken, muss aber trotzdem hin und wieder noch üben. Denn ja, ich gestehe, ich bin nicht gerade die Begabteste, wenn es darum geht etwas visuell umzusetzen. Was beim Zeichnen allerdings schnell in Frust ausartet, würde ich bei Sketchnotes fast schon als Spiel bezeichnen. Immerhin geht es nicht darum etwas besonders detailliert darzustellen, sondern es so zu zeichnen, das man es zumindes ...more
Piotr
Feb 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I felt I wasted my time reading this book. I expected more practical advice how to do better sketchnotes. There is very few of such material. Mostly author advertises applying sketchnoting approach to many different situations. I don't like books that are mostly about motivating readers to do something and I think the content here is not worth putting on paper. Even the title is misleading: there is very little of "advanced techniques", rather a lot of "use anywhere". Also, in my opinion the aut ...more
Cận Vũ
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sketchnote thực hành là một cuốn sách nâng cấp của phiên bản sketchnote lý thuyết.
Ở cuốn sách này sẽ tập trung vào phần thực hành và các phương pháp sketchnote nâng cao.
Mở đầu cuốn sách sẽ tóm tắt lại 1 phần lý thuyết ở phần 1.
Sau đó sẽ chỉ cho chúng ta tạo ra sketchnote một cách nâng cao hơn. Từ việc hình thành ý tưởng, sắp xếp bản đồ sketchnote đến cụ thể sketchnote cụ thể trong từng lĩnh vực, công việc : lập kế hoạch, tài liệu, du lịch. ẩm thực, chương trình truyền thông.
Cuối cùng là các phươ
P Michael N
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love the output of sketch notes. I think it captures more than words can and makes information and ideas way easier to digest. I find it a challenge to break out of just taking written notes to sketching, but the workbook has helped me get on with it. Writing sacrifices completeness for coherence while sketching sacrifices coherence for completeness. Sketchnotes have the capacity to bridge the divide creating a more complete and coherent representation of ideas than anything. This serie ...more
Bảo Ngọc
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a wonderful saturday with this book. <3 ...more
LRL
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Good ideas
Akhmatova
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
got something good out of this book
Yulia
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great follow up after the theoretical one. Just in a case you don't have your motivation, events or ideas of from where to start sketchnoting - you need this book.
Tomáš Kochlöffel
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the book, you understand, that really every body can do that! :)
Alexander Fedyunin
Mar 06, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
Ну пора себе признать, что если с 5 апреля 2015 года книжка не прочитана (а это же ещё и рабочая книжка - то не изрисована), то это не моё и нет у меня настоящей мотивации к этому. Потому оставим недочитанной.
Misty
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I plan on using the tools from this book to make travel sketchnotes for both business and personal trips and as well as mapping out better ways to communicate at work.

I found many helpful tips on how to organize and display information in ways I'd never thought of before. I also loved the examples throughout the book, to see how others use sketchnotes. I am especially excited to try out this method on PowerPoint slides (yep, work nerd alert).

While I can't imagine I'd use this method for general
Jim Tiffin Jr
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection of different situations in which sketchnoting can be used. While some of those situations might not appeal to everyone, the author does an excellent job of sharing the core elements from them that sketchnoters can highlight. It is in seeing those elements that new possibilities for the personalized use of sketchnotes can be found.
Jessica
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I learned in the first book how to sketchnote; this book focuses on sketchnoting different types of things (food, media, travel, etc.) and is largely intuitive based on the principles of sketchnoting learned in the first book. Still a fun resource.
Breña
Zahlreiche Ideen, wie man Sketchnotes einsetzen kann. Somit eine gute Ergänzung zum engen Bezug des Handbuchs, um über den Tellerrand zu blicken. Referenzen fehlen (z. B. GTD oder Projektmanagement) - fremde Federn?
Tigran Mamikonian
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sketching
вторая книга Роуди про скетчинг, здесь показаны разные примеры скетчей в зависимости от целей - от планирования, до описания событий...
Nadya Tsech
I found the first book more useful for UX designers.
I would still recommend reading the second book. Some advanced technics here might be useful for sketching personas and storyboards.
Denis
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Вполне достойное продолжение первой части.
Pam Sprute
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!
Dave
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Kind of a grab-bag, lame follow-up to the Sketchnote Handbook. Oh well!
Joan Concilio
Feb 24, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Drawing from Your Imagination
  • Personal Kanban: Mapping Work | Navigating Life
  • The Art of Visual Notetaking: An Interactive Guide to Visual Communication and Sketchnoting
  • How to Make Money in Stocks: Complete Investing System
  • Payback Time!
  • Secrets Of Self-Made Millionaires
  • Làm chủ tuổi 20
  • The Art of Color: The Subjective Experience and Objective Rationale of Color
  • Hardboiled & Hard Luck
  • Highland Surrender
  • Вся кремлевская рать: Краткая история современной России
  • Beyond Scandal and Desire (Sins for All Seasons, #1)
  • A Nameless Witch