Start by marking “Blood and Fire (Guardian Witch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Fire (Guardian Witch, #4)

Blood and Fire

(Guardian Witch #4)

A dead body, black magic, and a vampire enforcer...

Ari thought her biggest problem was deciding if she should move in with her vampire boyfriend, Andreas. That was before they found the dead body at the bottom of the Riverdale cliffs. And before she realized he'd been cursed by black magic.

Published December 4th 2013 by Etopia Press (first published October 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Fire

Start your review of Blood and Fire (Guardian Witch, #4)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
So I have some small issues with this book/series..
“I ordered the guards as a precaution. I did not want you left alone.” His gaze softened. “I came with them because I wanted to see you.”

My man, Andreas, please, I beg of you, become more dominant!! I love you so fucking much, so please become.. more?! More alpha, more arrogant, more ... wild?! Yeah, and perhaps, become a bit bad-boy and badass..
She smiled in spite of her uneasiness. “Ditto. You tell Daron I’ll hold him personally
Kirstin Pulioff
Ally Shields has done it again. I think this one tops my list as my favorite in the Guardian Witch series. It has a bit of everything... mystery, intrigue, romance, character development, battle... and more.

When the mysterious death of a treasure hunter points to black magic, Guardian Witch Ari Calin jumps into action. The investigation turns tricky when evidence of dark magic, ghostly apparitions, and ancient folklore get mixed together... add in a vengeful vampire enforcer, and a complicated
Susie
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Need to digest this a bit more and possibly re-read it. The ending made the book for me.
Laurel
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 of the Guardian Witch series and Ally Shields done it again. This is honestly one of my favourite series and one that I hope has more to come. Arianna and Andreas are once again thrown into the midst of turmoil... a vampire enforcer has arrived from the vampire rulers in Europe to check into the recent defeat of the ruler in Toronto. Add to this black magic, a Native American artifact that everyone seems to want to find and a new roommate... This book is full of adventure and paranormal ...more
Kristen
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and I absolutely loved it! Ari, a fire witch, works with the local Magic Counsel as a Guardian. She is linked with a human, Ryan, police officer and together they are trying to solve the mysterious death of a celebrity treasure hunter. Ari's her Vampire Prince boyfriend, Andreas, is also involved in the investigation, because it happened in the vampire's territory. Native American artifacts, dark magic witch covens, and an evil ancient ...more
Lyndi W.
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
I'm enjoying the series, but Ari is straight up dumb. She keeps confronting stronger and smarter enemies all by herself with little more than her witch fire, which she constantly reminds us is only used in defense. Whatever, I'll keep reading but I wish I could like her more.
Chanzie
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Up until this point I do think this is some of Ally's best work. I still need to read the next book and the series - which I am quite excited about and I am sure it will be just as good!

Blood & Fire has a very smooth star. It is not shocking but not boring either. Blood and Fire starts off with finding a body and they initially think its a suicide but soon suspect its a murder. A few more angles get waved into the story and keeps you on the edge of your seat as more complications arise.

Jennifer Hines
*I received this book free from Red Moon Book Tours in exchange for an honest review*

Andreas is now Prince of Riverdale and all he wants is for his little witch to move in with him so he can keep her close and protected, but Ari is quite independent and if her safety wasn't involved I'm not sure she'd ever even consider agreeing. He, on the other hand, can be quite persuasive in getting his way.

"Still angry with me? Don't be," he whispered, melting her irritation away. "I only want to keep you
Margaret
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

Guardian Witch Book Four

*A dead body, black magic, and a vampire enforcer...*

Just as she begins the murder investigation, the vampire rulers in Europe send an enforcer to make inquiries into the recent defeat of the Toronto vampire prince. While

Theresa Davis
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Arianna is a strong, independent fire witch who has come a long way since she first started working as the Guardian of Riverdale. Ari is once again being pulled in two different directs with two mysteries to solve, are they at all connected? This book has Black Magic and Vampire Enforcers from the O-Seven. The mysteries unfolds in a logical way that puts all the pieces together at the end while still laying the ground work for the next installment (nicely done Ally). There wasn’t much action ...more
Jane Love
will the original seven ever leave Ari, Andreas and Daron alone
Shelle Pennington
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wondrous.
Ruby Ridge
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Series is not improving with time. Damn, Twilight has a lot to answer for, hopefully if burning books takes on again that will be the first.
Tiffany
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so awesome. Now I have to wait for the next one. Nooooo
Greta Riordan
The Crazy in this book is amazing. I was so happy the crazy bitches all died.
Diandra
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Pressure from Europe is coming in hot and it is not looking good for our favorite witch heroine in this next installment.

Ally Shields still has me wrapped up in the life of Ari and her friends.
Mary-Anne
Karen
Dec 07, 2013
C.P. Mandara
Jan 25, 2014

• Tarian Traitor (New Tarian Pride, #5)
  • Tarian Protector (New Tarian Pride, #4)
  • Gates of Rapture (Guardians of Ascension, #6)
  • Born of Ashes (Guardians of Ascension, #4)
  • Wings of Fire (Guardians of Ascension, #3)
  • Ascension (Guardians of Ascension, #1)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
  • Winterspell (Winterspell, #1)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
  • Brink of Eternity (Guardians of Ascension, #2.5; Dawn of Ascension, #1)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3)
Ally Shields is the author of urban fantasy/paranormal mysteries with a touch of romance.

Her Guardian Witch series was completed in 2015 with the release of the seventh and final book, Eternal Fires. Due to an ongoing story line, Ms Shields recommends this series be read in order, beginning with Awakening the Fire. A series sequel of three books is expected in 2017-2018.

As of June 2017, a sequel

Guardian Witch (7 books)
  • Awakening the Fire (Guardian Witch, #1)
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Burning Both Ends (Guardian Witch, #3)
  • Fire Storm (Guardian Witch, #5)
  • Wild Fire (Guardian Witch, #6)
  • Eternal Fires  (Guardian Witch, #7)