Start by marking “Behind the Scenes (Daylight Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Scenes (Daylight Falls, #1)

Behind the Scenes

(Daylight Falls #1)

Alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

High school senior Ally Duncan's best friend may be the Vanessa Park - star of TV's hottest new teen drama - but Ally's not interested in following in her BFF's Hollywood footsteps. In fact, the only thing Ally's ever really wanted is to go to Columbia and study abroad in Paris. But when her father's mounting medical bills thr
Published June 24th 2014 by Spencer Hill Contemporary

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Scenes, please sign up.
Dahlia It does take place before Under the Lights and feature many of the same characters, but it doesn't have to be read first (or at all) in order to read…moreIt does take place before Under the Lights and feature many of the same characters, but it doesn't have to be read first (or at all) in order to read UtL!(less)
Dahlia I don't really know how to answer that because people have very different standards, but this book is for 14+, and I'd say that's exactly right for…moreI don't really know how to answer that because people have very different standards, but this book is for 14+, and I'd say that's exactly right for readership. It definitely doesn't have graphic on-page sexual content; I saved that for...well, all my other books, I suppose.(less)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

●• Reread 04/07 : Don't judge me. Trust me, I need it.•●

SPECIAL EDIT 04/24 (see below)

EXT. COUNTRY HOUSE - 04/22
In some one-horse town of French country, far later than the dusk, a woman's shrill cry split the dark silence.

INT. COUNTRY HOUSE - 04/22
Four pairs of eyes 3 of whom are pets, and yes, that's unnerving just the same are staring at a strange creature who's frantically clapping her hands.

ANNA, French Reviewer and Teacher, 30s and who isn't a creature, thank you very much, stops squeal
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*3.5 stars*

"Why the hell do you do all this stuff if you hate it? Is it, like, in The Rules of Being Attractive that you must become an actor-slash-model?"
He smiled slowly, my heart melting just a tiny bit with each new millimeter. "Does that mean you think I'm attractive?"

Ugh. I'm still not sure what to rate this. I can't decide whether to give this 3 or 4 solid stars, but 3.5 seems right. This book wasn't what I was expecting, but I also don't know what I was expecting. Hm. I am so odd-I me
Marla Mei
I didn't take a bath until 2 am this morning and now I'll probably be sleeping with wet hair (it's so freaking hot here in the Philippines, just saying) just so I could finish this book and if that doesn't show how much I loved this book, then I don't what will.

What I loved and I'm sure people will love about Behind the Scenes:

1.) Imperfect but authentic characters. Ally may have annoyed the heck out of me but I couldn't find it in myself to hate her because I got where she was coming from. Ally
Kelsey Macke
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dahlia's book is SO FREAKING FRESH. Her characters are flawed and hilarious and smart and incredibly developed--don't let the Hollywood plot fool you. This story has depth and grit and heart by the tons.

She's written a book that I will read again and again, anytime I want to laugh and cringe and smile.

So great.

Also, #liamsabs
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
February is such a slow month for me.
This is my third book and it's not bad at all, actually it was good.

All you need to know:

I love how Adler writes her female characters. I'm planning to make a short important review about that. I'm looking at you Last Will and Testament.

It's so hard to find a Liam in fiction and much more in real life.

Overall: For someone who haven't finish a book in a while, I genuinely enjoyed Behind the Scenes. Chapter twenty also made me cry.
Melissa
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning to finish this book and I'm so satisfied it feels like my veins are full of champagne bubbles. Does that make sense? I DON'T CARE. Liam Holloway is my new jam.
Liza Wiemer
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My review: I loved every single one of these imperfect characters, even the ones who I loved to hate. Behind the Scenes takes you exactly there – behind the scenes of a TV production. Readers will experience the glamorous and not so glamorous life through Ally Duncan, the BtS’s main character who watches her best friend Vanessa land the lead role in TV’s hottest new teen drama. There, Ally meets Liam, Vanessa’s hot co-star, and eventually has an amazing first kiss. But life is never simple, and ...more
Dahlia
Hey, guys! Just wanna make sure you know that no matter what it looks like on Amazon, BN.com, or any other retail site, if you order a US paperback, they will ship you one with the old cover. If you want a US paperback with the new cover, the only place to get it is through my website: http://dahliaadler.com/buy-bts. I'm sorry for anyone who's been inconvenienced!
Kat
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I really liked reading Behind the Scenes, though I don't have much to say about it! Liam and Ally were definitely a great couple. Their chemistry was fantastic and their relationship was believable. Liam was kind and respectful--an all around good guy. He made a great love interest. Ally dealt with a lot: jealousy, worry, insecurity. She didn't see herself in the same way Liam did. She compared herself to Hollywood girls all the time. Part of her story was about looking past her insecurities and ...more
Kristen Lippert-Martin
So, you know how you sometimes go, "Gosh, I'm in the mood to read something fun and sweet and OK, please throw a little sexy in there too. I like sexy. Who doesn't like sexy? Oh, and I'd prefer the MC to be smart and smart-alecky and someone who's believably flawed, doesn't behave perfectly 100% of the time, but you still can't help rooting for her..."

Yeah, well *this* is that book. The book your eyes are glued to on your commute and you LOL and don't care who's staring at you because the story
Vanessa J.
Do you know my name? It's Vanessa. The synopsis says there's someone with that name, so that's why I'm gonna read this.

Just kidding.

Actually, it sounds interesting, and also the sequel to this book gets released this year, and my Twitter feed is infected with things about that book, so I couldn't help but feel a little curious.
Saray
No me da ninguna vergüenza admitir que, a veces, me apetecen libros sencillos, con dramas adolescentes y un romance cuco para desconectar y no pensar demasiado.
Pero también me estoy dando cuenta de se me quedan pobres. Eso y que tengo un límite de aguante. No soporto las historias de amor que surgen de golpe y porrazo, ni que todo se solucione rápido y maravillosamente bien, ni que los protagonistas vean problemas donde no los hay.
Y eso es lo que me he encontrado en Tras las cámaras. En vez de
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
27/9 - I'm surprised by how much of a good time I had reading this YA romance. I've previously read Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University, #1) by Dahlia Adler and Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3) by Dahlia Adler and enjoyed both of them (although I did learn after finishing Out on Good Behaviour that it depicted the pansexual main character poorly, something that would have lowered my rating if I had known while I was reading), but I was a little nervous of how I would go with YA Adler vs NA Adler. The writing was on par with her previous books and Ally's voice seemed authentic to an older teen li ...more
Candice Montgomery
This book was every bit as comical and beautiful and sweet AND DOPE as I'd hoped. (And I mean, is anyone ELSE feeling this inadequate?) But again: the humor. Can we talk about the fucking humor??! So good! NEED more YA/NA/books period with serious injections of funny. And the book's authenticity. Jesus. Spot on. AND where do I get a Liam Holloway of my own? Because that boy is one seriously swoony motherfucker. And I'm mad excited for what's coming next because I am officially a member of Josh C ...more
mich
I really liked the MC in this one, except for one really, really, REALLY stupid thing. It was stupid.

This was a quick, cute read with realistic feeling characters - I enjoyed it.

oh, and Liam is dreamy ;)
Lea
You know, if I had to describe this book in five words, they would be a breath of fresh air.

It's fluffy, it's light, and it feels pretty damn good. I already knew Dahlia Adler could do no wrong since our priorities are pretty much the same (macarons, if you were wondering) and I'd read Last Will and Testament before, but DAMN. Behind the Scenes was good. Really, really good.

Yes, sometimes I wanted to slap Ally because she was just too good, and at times I wanted to hit Liam and tell him to get h
Maggie Hall
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shizz, this book.

You know how some books make you swoon and cry and yell at the characters and at the end you have this goofy smile on your face and just want to hug the book and never let go? That’s this book.

BEHIND THE SCENES is at the same time the incredibly swoony and delicious love story every girl wished she could experience/could have experienced as a teenager—falling for the gorgeous famous guy everyone has pictures of in their lockers and having him fall for you even harder—and
Ana M.
Mar 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Todavía no había puesto la puntuación más baja a un libro, pero para todo hay una primera vez, ¿no?

Siempre intento buscar algún punto positivo para destacar en un libro, pero me es imposible. Es un libro superficial que nos mete entre los bastidores de una serie de televisión para adolescentes. Podría ser llamativo, algo ligero para leer y con mucho drama, ¿verdad? Si tuviera que describir mi cara al leer este libro sería algo así: de tanto poner los ojos en blanco se le salieron de las cuencas.
Lauren
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for celebrity-regular people romances, and was really excited to read BEHIND THE SECENS. While it's not my favorite of the category, I liked it nonetheless.

I enjoyed watching the beginning of Liam and Ally's relationship. I liked their banter, and could definitely see a connection between them. It was fun watching their relationship develop, especially as they began to open up to each other.

I also loved the friendship between Ally and Vanessa, as well as the book's commentary on t
Julie
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had Dahlia on the blog last month and, as you can see, we're kind of friends. And I've been stalking patiently waiting for her book to come out since the deal was announced because, really, how much does this sound like a ME book? SO MUCH. But other books came up (and I was too lazy to pull it from the bottom of my pile) until finally it was time.

I spent the first half of this book smiling while my heart hurt because Ally and Liam were so SAD. They were so cute together but it was so hard to b
Paula Stokes
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've only read two Dahlia Adler books so far, but I feel like there are certain things you can expect from her work:

1. a main character who is flawed but still a good person

2. a swoony romance with a bit of extra sizzle

3. diversity

4. witty dialogue that makes you giggle (and wish you'd said that)

5. fast-paced prose that propels you through the story at a pace where you don't want to put down the book

That right there is pretty much a recipe for awesome when it comes to my reading choices, and BEH
Rachel Harris
What is normal? At its heart, that's what BEHIND THE SCENES explores. Ally is a bright, relatable, "normal" girl who finds herself smack dab in the middle of crazy Hollywood. Her life is turned upside down in so many ways, her family is struggling with an illness, her friendships are tested, and her love life is splattered across America's headlines. Adler pens a story that is both fun and thoughtful, making it the perfect summer read. Captivating and enchanting, I can't wait to see what she doe ...more
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
3.5

El romance entre Liam y Ally es adorable, y también me gustó la relación entre Van y Ally PEERO a medida que la historia avanzaba me fue aburriendo, como que me dejó de importar lo que pasaba aunque las primeras 100 páginas me encantaron así que por eso lo dejo en 3,5.

Y a pesar de que la amistad entre Ally y Van es genial me molestó que Ally se lleva mal con todos los demás personajes femeninos de su edad, o que todas las demás chicas fueran unas "bitches". THAT'S BULLSHIT.
Marie
Find this and other reviews at Ramblings of a Daydreamer.

I had my fair share of celebrity crushes as a teen (oh, who am I kidding, I still have a ton of celeb crushes and I’ve been out of my teens for ages), so a book about a regular teen girl dating a hot celebrity totally appealed to me. I liked that Adler put a new twist on the trope by having Ally actually live in Hollywood and be friends with a rising starlet, so her meeting/dating Liam wasn’t a chance encounter or a case of ‘girl stalks ce
Nasty Lady MJ
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Really 3.5 stars. To see the full review click the link

Hollywood YA books and me are like this.

Yes, I know they can be cliche. But I really do love a decent movie star YA story. Of course, it has to have semi-decent characters and it can’t be that big of a cliche because then I’ll just grow bored (see Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up).

Behind the Scenes was a book that I actually looked forward to. Instead of having the traditional girl being an actress or wannabe actress, we have a ma
Gaby
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I'm friends with the author so I might be a little biased. BUT I'M NOT EVEN A LITTLE SORRY.

This book is:
Adorable
Dramatic
Swoony
Steamy
So perfectly teenager-y

Honestly, this book is like coming home from a long day at work and realizing there's still one last piece of chocolate cake left. It's the perfect light, fun (dare I say BEACH) read.

More on the specifics soon, I promise.
Trisha
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice and cute.
Milka
Behind the Scenes is one of those books, now that I have finished it, that totally has earned its place on the "MILKA WHY ARE YOU AN IDIOT AND DID NOT READ THIS ONE EARLIER?" list. It has been on my Gooreads to-read list since I first heard about in 2014 and I have had a copy of it for months now, but for some reason, it took me over a year after its publication to pick it up. Silly, silly me.

I have always loved the "ordinary person-celebrity" dynamic in books and movies. For some reason, it jus
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 1/10/15: YAY I finally read this! It was so much fun. I loved the friendship between Ally & Vanessa. I always get scared with celeb-books because I hate the drama of bratty actors/actresses so I was SO glad it wasn't a diva best friend! Totally reminded me of Dee & Reagan in Open Road Summer. The romance was so cute and lots of fun.

Full review posted HERE on The Book Addict's Guide 2/18/15:

Shame on me for taking so long to read this book! I’ve been talking to the lo
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . , #3)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Summer on the Short Bus
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Solving for Ex
  • Damsel Distressed
  • My Faire Lady
  • The Other Way Around
  • Breakfast Served Anytime
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Push Girl
  • Between
  • The Romeo Club
  • Follow Me Through Darkness (Boundless, #1)
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . ., #2)
  • The Chance You Won't Return
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • The Break-Up Artist (Break-up Artist, #1)
Dahlia Adler is an Associate Editor of Mathematics by day, a blogger for B&N Teens and LGBTQReads by night, and a writer of Contemporary YA and NA at every spare moment in between. She's the author of the Daylight Falls duology, Just Visiting, and the Radleigh University series; a contributor to anthologies All Out, The Radical Element, and It's a Whole Spiel (Fall 2019); the editor of the ...more

Daylight Falls (2 books)
  • Under the Lights (Daylight Falls, #2)
“So sue me, a girl could only think so rationally after a text like that.” 2 likes
“It hit me then that I just couldn’t do it anymore. The lying, the hiding, the pretending to be okay with it. I was done.” 2 likes