Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter

The Dean of a Swiss university persuades Sherlock Holmes to investigate the background of a would-be lecturer. To Dr. Watson it seems a very humdrum commission - but who is the mysterious 'Lieserl'? How does her existence threaten the ambitions of the technical assistant level III in Room 86 at the Federal Patents Office in Berne by the name of Albert Einstein? The assignm ...more
Paperback, First, 208 pages
Published January 14th 2014 by MX Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter

Start your review of Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter
Mike
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sherlock Holmes has turned up in the world again recently, mainly in the BBC Wales television series Sherlock and the American CBS show Elementary—both of which cast Sherlock and Dr. Watson as current-day detectives and remove them to varying degrees from their noble origins. While both shows may be entertaining, neither are true Holmes narrative and might as well just give their rather original characters brand-new names, for these characters are the product of their television writers and not Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. ...more
Ashley Chambers
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I hoped it would be. I loved the style the author wrote in. The author stayed true to the stylistic choices found in the original Sherlock Holmes volumes. The story was creative and had me engaged from the beginning. I only wish the story was longer.
Ann Leander
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a rich mystery, crammed with excitement and very readable. And Einstein did have a daughter - I looked it up! I loved the mood - I feel right back in Holmes time. Atmospheric, gripping. Symonds knows his stuff. I would recommend Einstein's daughter to any serious reader - and I do.
C.B. Calsing
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
n Tim Symonds's Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein's Daughter, we are treated to a mystery wherein the great detective is asked to look into the past of the up-and-coming physicist, Albert Einstein.

This is a book for nerds, both for Einstein nerds and Sherlock Holmes nerds. It is chock-full of inside references and history. Those already savvy in the lives of the historic and fictional characters involved will really get them, while others might feel a little lost. I am both
Ines Tudert Kan
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! That was an amazing adventurous and informative book. A unique mystery for Mister Sherlock Holmes and his camarade Dr Watson to solve, and as the Professor said "Mr Holmes, young Einstein's fate lies entirely in your hands"
😍😍
Dale
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Einstein’s Daughter by Tim Symonds

*** Any Spoilers are unintentional ***

Historical Note: In 1986, a letter was discovered, correspondence between Albert Einstein and his future wife Mileva Maric. The letter made a startling revelation. Maric had a daughter by Einstein, Lieserl, who was born in 1902. The child is last mentioned in a letter from 1903.

There has been much speculation as to what happened to her.

Tim Symonds, a rather popular
L.W. Brook
This is the second book I've read by Tim Symonds. He is a Sherlock Holmes enthusiast who writes new Sherlock mysteries using the same characterizations and writing style as the originals written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The first novel I read by him, Sherlock Holmes and the Nine-Dragon Sigil, was absolutely perfect as far as Holmes and Watson recreation goes, and it is the same with this one.
The mystery is written in Dr. Watson's journalistic writing style. (It's an interactive blog-like
Mia
This is a very interesting and unexpected mystery. I've always found the Sherlock novels tend to take unexpected turns and this work by Tim Symonds is no exception. As usual, Mr. Symonds has perfectly duplicated the writing style and characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic Holmes novels and short stories.
Holmes and Watson travel to Serbia to look into a new lecturer. They know there has to be something more to this mystery as it's an unusual task, but the reader does not learn why u
Mary Beth Devaney
Blog: http://www.goodbookswithtea.blogspot.com
I'm actually very surprised by this book's rating! I mean, I read "Sherlock Holmes And The Nine Dragon Sigil" and I thought they were just as good, if not this one perhaps a little more up my alley since it wasn't quite as overwhelming.
As one might imagine base off of the title, this book is about Einstein's daughter. Secret daughter to be exact!
When Sherlock and Watson are asked to look into a new professor, they're perplexed. Why bother? And why pay the great Sherlock Holm
Samuel
Rating: 4.5
Again, Sherlock and Watson are moved to another location to solve a mystery of which only this duo could possibly uncover. It's in Serbia, where Sherlock and Watson must investigate a new lecturer and find out just why, exactly, they've been commissioned for such an odd and remedial task.
This is not the first book I have read by Tim Symonds.
He has managed to recreate the original Holmes and Watson characters in his stories, which makes his work a go-to for fans of th
Justin
Rating: 4.5
I had the opportunity to read this book for my book club, as well as this author's novel "Sherlock Holmes and the Nine-Dragon Sigil". It's an excellent use of traditional mystery written in a style very similar to that of the actual early 1900s. Although it's English mystery, the novel spends most of it's time in Serbia. This introduces a rather different setting to such a genre. This difference adds to the intrigue of the novel, making it that much more captivating.
I real
Jess
Not as exciting as the first Tim Symonds I read, but definitely a solid mystery. What this novel lacks in color it makes up in cool intellect. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson return from their "graves" (This isn't a zombie book!! I mean they return from the original pages written by the infamous Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.) to tackle yet another strange and unorthodox mystery.
Even to Sherlock and Dr. Watson this challenge is an odd one.
It doesn't involve a murder or a scandal (at least no
Nicua
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Absolutely charming old world style - this book reaches back to the classical Sherlock Holmes story telling but without the unconnectable instances and characters that sometimes enter the pages of the old ones. I feel that this author has successfully taken the much loved story of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson and made it enjoyable for new generations.
Being based on fact, this mystery will be a delight for historical fiction fans as well as those that enjoy historical and mystery genres.
Sherl
Miranda
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was just ok. I'm a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, and I love science, so the premise of this book intrigued me. Honestly, the book read like fan fiction, and I was only mildly interested. I did finish the book however, so if you're looking for a light read of Sherlock Holmes fan fiction, maybe this is for you.
Sids
Mar 08, 2016
Calvin Daniels
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not a full four, dragging a bit off the start with a Moran subplot that seemed forced into the story just to add pages to an admittedly short book.

But once the story hit the Einstein storyline a very good tale emerged.
Tonia
Phi Beta Kappa Authors
Tim Symonds
ΦBK, UCLA, 1964
Author

From the publisher: The Dean of a Swiss university persuades Sherlock Holmes to investigate the background of a would-be lecturer. To Dr. Watson it seems a very humdrum commission - but who is the mysterious 'Lieserl'? How does her existence threaten the ambitions of the technical assistant level III in Room 86 at the Federal Patents Office in Berne by the name of Albert Einstein? The assignment plunges Holmes and Watson into unfathomable Serbia
Yvonne Beltzer
Jul 09, 2017
Richard Crowder
Jul 21, 2017
John Szemerey
Feb 25, 2019
James Lynam
Dec 30, 2013
Tim Symonds was born in London, England, and grew up in Somerset, Dorset and the Channel Island of Guernsey, off the coast of Normandy. After spending his late teens farming in the Kenya Highlands and driving bulldozers along the Zambezi River, he moved to California and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from UCLA with an honours degree in Politics. He is a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and the ...more