Start by marking “Chasing Lady Midnight (Chasing Lady Midnight #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Lady Midnight (Chasing Lady Midnight #1)

Chasing Lady Midnight

(Chasing Lady Midnight #1)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Superheroes exist to "Save The World".
But what if the world needs saving from The Superheroes? Even worse, it doesn't even know it?
Not yet.
The Mighty Superhero Security Squad came together to protect mankind. But something has gone terribly wrong and it’s only getting worse.
So what are you to do when superheroes become super
Published November 29th 2013 (first published November 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Lady Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Lady Midnight

C.B. Cook
This was a really good book! The characters were intriguing, Lady Midnight was a great main character, and the plot of the story was well done! The superpowers were interesting, especially Lady Midnight's, whose power is one of the best developed I've seen. I also loved that it was Christian, as well.

My only problems with the story was the lack of editing, with a few grammar errors and missing words and commas. Otherwise, a great book! I'm eagerly awaiting a sequel... (Please? PLEASE PLEASE PLE
Beverly
Author C.L. Ragsdale loves to write fun, quirky stories, especially mysteries. Chasing Lady Midnight is the first book of a series. On her Amazon page, she says, "Weird is what she does." I have to agree. This is a zany book and sure to be a series full of strange and quirky stuff. Just keep that in mind when you read the books.

The story begins in the middle of a situation. So the next 19 chapters of the tale is a series of flashbacks to previous events leading up to the moment. The style is ram
Sarah White
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A superhero cozy mystery? I really had no idea what to expect when I picked up this book. As it turned out, the unlikely combination made for a fun read, and I was glad I gave it a try. C. L. Ragsdale crafts a unique genre fusion with a strong voice and thoroughly enjoyable characters. The suspenseful plot and gentle sarcasm add freshness to classic comic book tropes and kept me turning pages.

Hannelore/Lady Midnight is an instantly likable protagonist who meets a series of bizarre challenges wit
Kristen Kooistra
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read many superhero stories, but some friends of mine have been working on writing some and I've been curious.

I've been in a major reading slump that's looked like barely reading with mostly DNF's as I'm definitely not feeling up to pushing through something that's either not hooking me or it's annoying me.

All that to say, this is the first book I've finished in a long time. It's a novella, so it's a fairly quick read, though I did take my time.

The beginning fell around the 3 star rang
Susan Barton
Hannelore Brunswick, aka Annie, aka Lady Midnight is a superhero and so is her sister Isabel aka Protostar. In fact, Lady Midnight’s entire family are superheroes and are part of The Mighty Superhero Security Squad (The Squad for short). The Squad is made up of superhero good guys (and girls) whose job it is to protect mankind from evil doers. When The Squad goes bad Lady Midnight finds herself on her own in her quest to save the world.

When I read this book’s description, I was intrigued. A “su
Cindy
DNF- read about half and was turned off right at the beginning. I just can't read this. Had I known I was getting Christian fiction, I would have never bought it. This should really be in the blurb. It's not my thing at all. More power to those who like that sort of thing, but that is the opposite of me. I was sadly intrigued by a cozy mystery featuring superheroes. Really, that is a great concept! And had it not had the Christian aspect to it I would have read it through and probably enjoyed it ...more
Merrily Witt
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the book! For once I can read a good book without any sex and bad language. A tight plot with no holes. I read it in one go something I haven't done in a long time.
D.M. Dutcher
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, superhero
It's surprisingly good for what it is. A nice blend of light cozy superheroing with enough geekery to add depth to it.

Hannelore is a young woman who is the daughter of two superheroes, and the sister of another. Unfortunately she has no powers...or does she? See, she's a twenty-oner, someone who came to her powers late, and to avoid drama she's superheroing on the side as an unknown and unlicensed hero. When the Mighty Superhero Squad attacks her with surprising ferocity during her foiling of a
Story Blogger
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was full of a great, dry wit and interesting twists. I love the superhero genre, and all its glories. Ragsdale's Helennore/Annie is a good-hearted lady, just trying to do what is right and what needs to be done to make things right. Along with her, Rafe, her fiance, makes a dreamboat of a helper and super partner. Her mentors are mysterious and conflicting, but they make for great reading.
Nancy  Thames
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C.L. Ragsdale writes with some of the best wit I've ever read. "Chasing Lady Midnight" is a combination of Janet Evanavich (Stephanie Plum) and Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones Diary). A totally unique humorous cozy not only with a happy ending but a nice seguay to the next novel in the series. Well done, Ragsdale!
Mary Barrett
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a hoot!

To begin with, I love superman. I grew up in the fifties where we bought our super hero comic books as soon as they were released. This author has done a great job of introducing a whole new score to the list. She is humorous and and her Lady Midnight is inspired. Good job.
Allison Kohn
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a satirical parody with a funny bone. It is a metaphor of the political and moral climate of today - perhaps every day. I kept seeing pictures in my mind of "bad" and "good" "superheros" in today's news broadcasts and editorials from my television. i have found a good author of mysteries and intend to read more.
julia Samson
Leia Rose
May 10, 2017
Julie Haley
Feb 25, 2019
Mystery writer C.L. Ragsdale is the author of The Reboot Files a Christian Cozy Mystery Series, and a superhero story called Chasing Lady Midnight. A California native, she loves to "surf" the web to research plot details for her fun, quirky stories. She has a degree in Theatre Arts which greatly influenced her writing style. Working in various fields as a secretary has allowed her to both master ...more

Chasing Lady Midnight (2 books)
  • Where Shadows Never Fall (Chasing Lady Midnight #2)