Start by marking “The Foxes of Caminus” as Want to Read:
The Foxes of Caminus

Read Book* *Different edition

The Foxes of Caminus

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This work has been republished under the new title "The Gin Entanglement" and can be found at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...
ebook
Published October 3rd 2013 by Burroughs Books, Inc. (first published September 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Foxes of Caminus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Foxes of Caminus

Debbie Oliveira
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
If I could use one word to sum up Laura Burrough’s enchanting debut novel it would be ‘surprising’. Foxes of Caminus is bright, well developed, detailed and an utter fantasy for the present times. Despite my emotional rollercoaster while engrossed in the book, I actually find that I liked it.

There are so many moments that Foxes is simply delightful. The ample futuristic technology, the lush descriptions, and the talents of the scholars, all put together sets the stage for another perfect best-s
Tammy
This book should have worked for me, and in some ways it did. The Fox twins Anya and Harlie are sent to a boarding school for teens with special talents. This is, like, the dream school, where you can study with a holographic Einstein or travel in a virtual reality. That part was cool.

But where it went wrong for me was the part where followers of radical Islam were the bad guys. I'm not calling this Islamophobia because there are many, many parts of this book about different religions and the g
Mary Kyle
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I felt the story kind of left you in the dark for a bit too long but once the twins are settled in the mysterious Academy, things heat up very quickly. I can understand that some reviewers put it down but i stuck with it and discovered a fun book. It was very confusing at first, why does a mother seem so distracted and send her teen children on a small plane with no clue where or why they are going? When they arrive they are given a map and a couple clues and turned loose to find their way to th ...more
Jesse Kiser
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Beginning

I'm so glad someone recommended this book to me, and hope this review helps other find it.
This book was a great beginning to a young adult series focused on a secret school that has housed the brightest minds of world for centuries. It's like Xavier's School for the Gifted if imagined by Neil Degrass Tyson. There's mystery, time-travel, and paranormal powers. To say anymore would spoil it.
Read it and review, so that the author will know she needs to hurry up and write more.
Amanda Northrup
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I struggled to thirty percent before abandoning this one. There are just too many plot holes, too much plodding dialogue, vague world building, and not enough happening. It seems like this book could be really great with a strong editor and a few more revisions. I hope the author keeps working on it because I would love to read a revised version.
Alyssa
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2014
The foxes of caminus was a great book to get kids to start thinking about mitye philosophical or quantum mechanic questions. It was exciting abd interesting. The content may be over the heads of most young readers and would be a great one for parents and children to read together.
Laurie
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
This started out promising but I lost interest about half-way through. I really wanted to like this book but all the technical jargon throughout it just dragged it down. I forced myself to finish it and it was okay.
James Cambas
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an adventure packed book that will keep you turning the pages. It's intriguing and intensed.

James Cambas
David Armstrong
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Foxes of Caminus is good and entertaining story, it drew in and kept me engaged throughout the book. Fans of the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson series will enjoy The Gin Entanglement also.
Greg Smith
Somphol
Apr 22, 2017
Zack Holder
Oct 02, 2017
Born and raised in East Point, Georgia, Laura Burroughs knew she wanted to be a writer, almost before she knew what writing was. When she wasn't making mud pies, or concocting potions, she was asking questions and investigating the intricacies of words.

After earning a degree in education from Vanderbilt University, Ms. Burroughs received her Masters and Specialists degrees from Georgia State Univ
“Stories can make us remember—or forget—who we are. They have the power to topple governments or build empires. They are the life and breath of the dead and the treasure of those yet to be born.” 0 likes