Start by marking “You Really Got Me (Rock Star Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Really Got Me (Rock Star Romance, #1)

You Really Got Me

(Rock Star Romance #1)

The first irresistible novel in a hot new series about a rock star on his way up—and the woman he wants to take all the way…

Emmie Valencia has what it takes to be the music industry’s hottest band manager. She just needs to prove it. Determined to discover a killer new band, Emmie is ready to make her move. First stop: Austin, Texas.

As a sizzling-hot lead singer, Slater Va
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published January 6th 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about You Really Got Me, please sign up.
Erika Kelly As with all my books, I had someone in mind when I first started working with Slater--but it's never really more than a placeholder. The deeper into t…moreAs with all my books, I had someone in mind when I first started working with Slater--but it's never really more than a placeholder. The deeper into the book I get, the less I see my character as that actor/model/hottie I saw in the produce section. But I will be posting the picture of that placeholder actor one day soon on my Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/erikakellybooks) and Tsu pages (https://www.tsu.co/ErikaKellyBooks)! Oh, and also a pic of Slater's lickable tattoo!(less)

Start your review of You Really Got Me (Rock Star Romance, #1)
Carmen
Sep 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
"Words later. Kisses now."

Let me tell you, that this book is really terrible. I mean, VERY TERRIBLE. The writing is just atrocious. Not the grammar or spelling - the plot and dialogue.

"Slater" Vaughn is a rock star - of sorts. The biggest college band in Texas. His band is still at that stage where they are working at Best Buy and then going to gigs - hoping for their big break.

Emmie Valencia is frustrated with her job. She's been a personal assistant to the biggest music industry head in the bu
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

“She’s not a girlfriend. She’s my fucking heart.”

HOLY SEXUAL TENSION!! We have a new book boyfriend and we’re already predicting it’s going to take a lot to beat him this year! Yep, we fell HARD for Slater Vaughn and You Really Got Me. Did we mention our new book boyfriend is a soulful and sensual rock star? Yup…he is!

“I’m fucking crazy about you.”
“You are?”
“I am.”

We loved everything about this story; from the love of music that shone through every page to the passion and emotion it elicited. Mu
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

“She’s not a girlfriend. She’s my fucking heart.”

“I’m fucking crazy about you.”
“You are?”
“I am.”

Sam (AMNReader)
I've made a huge mistake.

I have no excuses. Carmen's Review was RIGHT there with one star.

But instead, I read like 75% of this book. It starts out like this:

25 year old heroine thinks she's paid her dues in the music biz. Old legendary boss wants to keep her as assistant despite her 8 year tenure. She takes a break. Heads to Austin. Shacks down with elder brother, Derek.

Is immediately led around by her sexual desire and her recent break up of 3 years with rocker Alex, who obviously misses her d
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:You Really Got Me
Series:Rock Star Romance #1
Author:Erika Kelly
Release date: January 6, 2015
Rating:3 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I don't know if the shine is starting to rub off of the Rockstar romance veneer or what, but I've been finding it very hard to drum up much enthusiasm for this genre lately. I mean, there have been a few exceptions, but I'm just not having a whole lot of luck. The more I read, the more I need something that is going to bring somethi
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 You Got Me Stars

Emmie wants to discover bands and launch them, but as an assistant to the biggest music manager she isn’t going anywhere in her career. She takes a risk and decides to branch away from her boss and try to launch her brother’s band.

The band currently lives together in a house. Since Emmie is really serious about launching them, she moves in with them. Talk about a hot book right? One girl and a group of guys?! Yes please. Most of them treat Emmie as a sister and Emmie’s brother
~Kristin~
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars
LOVED THIS BOOK!

It is difficult to write a book about rock stars or and group of guys, who are struggling and on the verge, with out it being same old same old...because it has been done a lot. This story was not the every day rock star story, it completely grabbed ahold of me and sucked me into its world. I don't want to give the story away but I will say I absolutely enjoyed this and can not wait to read the next book by this author.

Anna's Herding Cats

I luuuurved it! 1] Sexy rocker that'll make you pant 2] determined heroine that's trying to figure life out 3] great band to back them up 4] music you could practically feel coming off the pages 5] some panty melting love scenes featuring sexy rocker that'll make you pant from #1. Sweet Mary. Yes. He is a threat to panties everywhere. Lordy be! You Really Got Me was fabulous!

Alright the quick of it is that Emmie is at a dead end with her current job so she's taken o
Shelley
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was surprisingly really good with some unique (ish) characterisation, especially the heroine who I actually liked. Huh, imagine that...

Nice open set up with oodles of potential for originality and intense sexual chemistry kept me clicking through the chapters like a woman possessed. These two were quite electric there up until roughly halfway through, maybe a bit before. All my sizzling expectations and eager compulsion evaporated in the wake of predictable scenes and situations. The heroi
Julie Mulhern
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to read an ARC of You Really Got Me. Fair notice, I am not a lover of contemporary romance. That said, I loved this book.

You Really Got Me gave me an uncompromising, fascinating view into the music industry. Better than that, Slater and Emmie's story felt real and moving and utterly romantic.

Slater, the rock star, has been struggling to make it in the music industry but he's still playing the college circuit.

Emmie has big dreams but she's stuck in a fabulous job that has no futur
Beverly
He played with his phone, bringing up the original text. “If you love something, set it free?” He moved in menacingly. “I don’t want you to set me free. I want you to own me. I want you to fucking possess me. How do you not understand what I want? How the fuck did anything I say or do in the past twenty-four hours lead you to believe I wanted my freedom”

sex photo 7652793_zpsfebbb50f.gif

Oh my Heart! I loved this story! It definitely was a good rockstar romance story! It had everything. The Hot as Hell rockstar and don't
Gretchen  (About That Story)
I loved this so much! It was fantastic! A wonderful story with these great characters filled with so much passion. It was just an exciting read!

Emmie and Slater were excellent characters. Emmie Valencia, this girl. Wanting so much but having so many insecurities, trying to be strong and push through them. She's so sweet and smart, just a normal girl. I totally got her and understood her. Sometimes I wanted to shake her and say "you got this" but I could totally relate to why she held back at tim
Downward dog
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I received a copy of this book to write an honest review for Cocktails and Books.

Tracie Payne
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one!!! Awesome characters, angst like crazy and fantastic dialogue. Perfect rockstar book
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
I don't usually mark the books I don't finish, because I don't finish A LOT of books. Sometimes because I'm hating the book, sometimes I'm just not feeling it at the moment but I might go back to it at some point, and sometimes I'm not liking the book for really stupid personal reasons. So I usually just move on to the next book and try to forget what I've just read.

I need to shelve this book though.

I've been in a major book funk lately and I've DNF so many books that I'm at my wits end. So ev
Kristen
DNF 25%

Nothing particularly wrong with this book other than it wasn't able to capture or hold my attention.
namericanwordcat
The hero and heroines backstories are compelling and the opposites attracts pull between the leads engaging.

Emmie's journey to have the career she wants is worth reading as is the hero coming to terms with his childhood in a new way.

However, most of the side characters are annoying and shallow. The rest of the band members (even the heroine's brother) make awful choices and seem to not really care about music. So, why is the heroine so committed to them? Why does she and the hero like them so
Sammy ⭐️
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockstar, series, 3-star
3 You Come First Stars

It's been a long time since I've read a rockstar romance, the synopsis for this had me intrigued along with the highly stared reviews.

Emmie is the daughter of a rockstar, she's grown up living and breathing music, making her dream career to be in A&R. Working as the PA to the boss of the most sought after Record label, she knows she has connections to get her there. But the man who asks her to pick out ties and grab his coffee doesn't think she has what it takes. Going ou
Zizz
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4-4.5stars

This was such a refreshing read. Nowadays, we get treated to mostly lazy writing/plot development. As if a dominant character, off-the-charts angst, throbbing members at every look and insta-love make up a story.

The author obviously had a story to tell and boy, did she work hard at it.
Proper plot progression - check
Character development - check
Banter - check
Believable chemistry between H and h - check

Instead of intense, we get funny and cute moments. And in real life, isn't that how
Cath
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Really don't know why I couldn't get into this when there are some high ratings. It's not that the writing was bad but I just didn't connect with the characters and I really wasn't keen on the story :-(
Kandace
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story had everything I love in a rocker book. The dialogue was perfect. I loved the story stayed focused on them. I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Kim
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5 to 4 stars
Emmie Valencia has been in the periphery of the music industry her whole life....Her Dad, her brother and even her ex are musicians and she has been the personal assistant to one of the biggest A&R guys in the business for years. She is organized, well liked, and gets the job done. But she really wants a chance to prove herself worthy in being in A&R and be involved in the development and success of the bands.

After a disappointment, she takes a hiatus from her NY life and heads to
Kristi
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hot damn, I really liked this one. It had everything for me: Good story, well written, feels and steam. Winner!
Christina
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Complimentary copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Emmie is the assistant to Irwin Ledger, one of the most powerful A&R men for one of the most illustrious record labels. Emmie has worked for Irwin for nearly a decade, excelling at her job and becoming the most trusted person in Irwin’s life, however she wants to become more of an insider in the music world. She wants Irwin to give her a chance of becoming an A&R rep, scouting and developing new talent for the label. B
Cocktails and Books
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YOU REALLY GOT ME is an enthralling story about a band on the cusp of success. Slater Vaughn is the lead singer for the country/rock band Snatch. He’s a handsome multi talented singer and songwriter with incredible stage presence, soulful eyes and women constantly falling all over him. Emmie Valencia has worked in the music business for years helping artists pursue their dreams and she is now helping Slater and his band. Emmie has many connections in the business and she instinctively knows how ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

I really love it when a new to me author draws me in to the story from the first chapter and keeps me there until the last word and Erika Kelly did just that in You Really Got Me. I love stories about rock and roll bands especially those on the cusp of being discovered and this book was a fantastic look at what happens when a band goes from obscurity to stardom. What happens when a woman who vow
Under the Covers Book Blog

I'm torn about this book because for the first half I was really enjoying the story, but after that it sort of lost its spark. The repetitive problems that seemed to be constant just started to get on my nerves.  But overall, I still enjoyed this take on rock stars.  It feels a little more subdued than others I've read and that was a nice change of plans.

Emmie Valencia has been working for a record label for years, but never in her dream job.  She's the boss's personal assistant and she want

Jessica
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Holy moly, how did I wait so long to read this book? I am a sucker for a rock star romance, so this book immediately had me intrigued. Little did I know, the story inside held amazing characters and an even more amazing romance.

Emmie has been the personal assistant to one of the top music producers for the past 8 years and is ready to make a name for herself, which means she has to go to Texas to find the next hottest band. Rooming with her brother and his bandmates, the last thing Emmie wants
Beth
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you like rock stars, if you like slow burn romances, then You Really Got Me may just be the book for you. I had been looking for to this book. As soon as I saw the cover and read the synopsis that I had to get my hands on this book.

Emmie decides to move to Texas to live with her brother, Derek, and his bandmates after she has a big fight with her boss, a big-time record executive in NYC. She wants a promotion, and her boss wants to keep Emmie as his PA because she’s the best at her job. This
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Havoc (Mayhem, #4)
  • Mayhem (Mayhem, #1)
  • True North (True, #1)
  • Chaos (Mayhem, #3)
  • Riot (Mayhem, #2)
  • Louder Than Love (Love & Steel, #1)
  • Idol (VIP, #1)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Fall (VIP, #3)
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4)
  • Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • Tangled Up In You (Rogue Series, #1)
  • Mine to Take (Nine Circles, #1)
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)
  • Dirty Rock
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
Award-winning author Erika Kelly writes sexy, passionate, and emotional contemporary romance. Married to the love of her life and raising four children, she lives in the southwest, drinks a lot of tea, and is always waiting for her cats to get off her keyboard.

GET A FREE SHORT STORY:

Rock Star Romance (4 books)
  • I Want You to Want Me (Rock Star Romance, #2)
  • Take Me Home Tonight (Rock Star Romance, #3)
  • More Than a Feeling (Rock Star Romance, #4)