Start by marking “A Pirate Princess” as Want to Read:
A Pirate Princess

A Pirate Princess

The only thing a pirate desires more than his ship is his treasure and the crew of The Beloved Loss holds the most valuable jewel on the sea… their pirate princess.

Enchanting and spirited Corisanda St. Aubin has been a prisoner aboard The Beloved Loss since she was born. Cori’s dream of escape has been crushed countless times by her father, the heartless Captain Marin St.
Paperback
Published January 14th 2014 (first published January 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate Princess

Rachel
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy to read for an honest review and I am honored that I have been asked to do this for you.

We start of meeting Captain Marin St. Aubin of the French Navy who has sailed to Cuba and while he is there he falls in love with the Governor of Havana’s daughter Amada. He ask her to marry him and she will only agree to marry him his he will stay with her in Havana because she doesn’t want to leave the area due to missing her family to much. Marin agrees to leave the French Navy a
Nicole
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-books
I received an ARC of A Pirate Princess in exchange for an honest review.

So where do I begin?? Let me start by saying I was beyond excited about getting my hands on this book. I fell in love with Brittany's other work: My Knightly Dreams & At Least I'm Pretty. SOOO of course when she said, " Hey, I'm going to be releasing a new book would you be willing to review?" I knew I just had to jump on it, because I mean who wouldn't?

Brittany does an amazing job writing. Her descriptions and charact
Sue Ellen Robertson
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to tell you that I am completely entranced by this cover. I fell in love with it from the beginning when I did the cover release for it and immediately knew I wanted to grasp my hands on it when it came out. Some covers don’t fit the book, but this one was meant for it perfectly. On another note, this is the first time I have read anything by this author, but just reading what the synopsis was and my fascination with pirates and the ton this was another reason where I needed t ...more
Tnt Reviews
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from TNT Reviews in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start by saying that I enjoyed this book and would recommend it for anyone who’s looking for a good love story.

The book begins by introducing us to Martin St. Aubin who is exploring islands as part of the French Navy. Unexpectedly, on his voyage he found the love of his life in Cuba named Amada. The two get married, Amada becomes pregnant, and they set sail for France. Unfortunately, what starts out as the b
Paula
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Pirate Princess was a good read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Cori and Burke. They were both to be engaged to horrible people, and both were obsessed with them. Brittany pictured Burke as a great Prince Charming and Cori seemed like a good match by not being the typical, boring girl. She was fun, smart, kind, and adventurous, yet still a lady-even while living on a boat with pirates her whole life.

However, I didn't feel as much chemistry between Cori and Burke. I did feel some, but not
One Messy Mama The Honest Mom Blog
I received this book from Roses Book Snobs for an honest review.

I just love historical romances, and this book sure did not fail to impress.

After loosing his wife in childbirth Captain Marin refuses to show affection for his daughter Corisanda "Princess of the Beloved Loss".
Blaming her for the loss if his wife.

Heartbroken he decides to never return to France and becomes a pirate.
Treated so badly by those aboard the Ship Corisanda tries multiple times to escape her life of "captivity"

Burke Belcou
Sweets Books
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was so much better than I thought it was going to be! It did drag in a few places but overall it has a steady fast pace! And of course lots and lots of action with a touch of deceit and love!

Cori ~ To grow up as she did must have been horrible but she endured it, and how she turned out so kind-hearted is beyond me! She did everything for everyone without ever expecting anything in return. Although there were times I wanted to shake her and then ask her 'Are you sure your not a blonde?' (I d
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Roses Book Snobs for an honest review.

I just love historical romances, and this book sure did not fail to impress.

Blaming her for the loss if his wife.

Heartbroken he decides to never return to France and becomes a pirate.

Burke Belcou
Stacey Gannett
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was read in about three and a half hours, I just couldn’t stop! As always, Brittany delivers on all of my criteria and more! She offered suspense, intrigue, romance, exotic locations, and adventure. There was a dashing hero and a strong heroine. There was adversity and struggles that gave the characters the strength to persevere against all odds.

This book was absolutely wonderful and a great read for me.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from the first page. Defiantly 5++++ stars, but long review short, it gets better and better as the story progressed. Hope there will be more to come from these adventurous pirates to come.
Jeanette Marie Van Kleeck
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Good story. Historical fiction, and pirates! Only problem I had was that the medical care on the ship was too good for the time period...lol. Looking forward to reading another one of Brittany's books!
Kayla Bond
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing as always!!! Loved the way it pulls you right in and doesn't let up until the very end!
EndlessReading
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this book!
But I was expecting such greatness from Brittany :)

Full review to come during the blog tour! My Stop is the 29th Jan :)
Isabella
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I really liked A Pirate Princess it was a good book. Cori is that sweet, beautiful, sheltered girl, but she wasn't sheltered from bad things, only the good normal things yet somehow she had the sweetest outlook on life. I liked Burke also, he was very kind to her after he realized she did what she did to stay alive. Both of them really reminded me of the two main characters in Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup, the only thing that really bugged me was the excessive use of exclamation points, in one ...more
Genevieve Scholl
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3 and a half, actually. Slow moving at first, but a pretty good story. There were a few issues for me, but I won't mention them and give away spoilers. I wouldn't call it a bad book, but perhaps it just wasn't my cup of tea. I'm not sure.
Mignon
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Sappy, but fun and entertaining. Brittany Jo James needs to be better at the language she uses in her books. This takes place in the sixteen hundreds and the characters say words like moron and talk about going on a date. It's a quick read but could be better.
Brittany James
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I think it's fantastic. I do.
Jamie Johnson
Feb 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok this book was ok. Not mind blowing or anything but ok. Maybe a love triangle wold have helped. Their were a couple of surprises at the end that were cool.
Liliana Shelbrook
May 16, 2014
Brittany Ginn
Jun 02, 2014
Brittany James
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Annalise
Clean Romances: New Release: A Pirate Princess 1 9 Jan 14, 2014 07:51AM
Indie Authors & F...: A Pirate Princess is LIVE! 1 2 Jan 14, 2014 07:46AM
Goodreads Authors...: A Pirate Princess is LIVE! 1 2 Jan 14, 2014 07:45AM
Hi there!

So, I'm Brittany Jo James.

I'm a military wife, mother of two boys, author of a few books, child of Almighty God, Oklahoma girl trying to survive in Alaska, owner of a Shar-Pei and a toy Pomeranian, smiling-makes-me-happy type of person.

Yeah. That's about it. Read my books! ;)