Start by marking “Diary of a Post-Single Mom” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Post-Single Mom

Diary of a Post-Single Mom

This is the story of my soggy transition from single motherhood to what I guess is the hereafter. I call this change of life Post-Single Motherhood (PSM). It is that time in a single mom's life when her children are leaving home. I hope this book is a comfort to another mother going through this stage in her life. I also hope the conversation might foster a community of si ...more
Published November 14th 2013 by Blue Door Media

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Post-Single Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Post-Single Mom

Monet
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. And it was a wonderful emotional roller-coaster. From laughing out loud, to crying, this was a "memoir" any woman can relate to.

The main story was that of a single mother, and her experience of losing her son to the world. A single mother dealing with her son becoming an adult, and having life of his own. She was raw and emotional, with a touch of charm an humor.

While I do not yet have kids of my own there were still experiences I cou
Sierra Lawrence
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
My sister won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. She and my mom both recommended it to me.

It was a cute, insightful, and humorous tale of a mom finding herself.

I do not yet have any "spawn" of my own, unless you count a furry 4-legged one. But, I am someone's spawn and I doubt she had any problem with me leaving the nest. (;

I would recommend this book to anyone with kids or even the kids themselves. Sometimes we forget to put ourselves in our parents' shoes.
Kim
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent book! It is difficult to find books geared specifically to what single Mom's go through when their kids leave home. Karen expressed clearly everything I have been feeling, not only after my only daughter left for college, but in the years leading up to then. This book was so very valuable to me. Thank you...
Barb
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir, humor, non-fiction
This was a book my daughter won on the Goodreads First Reads giveaway and suggested I read. I really didn't have any expectations, so imagine my surprise when I found I loved Ms. Rutherford's writing style and read through the book in a few hours.

I don't give 5-star ratings lightly, but this book was so funny, so full of wit and charm, and really provided such good advise that I can't give it less. Although I'm not single, I have experienced my grown children leaving the nest (although a few hav
Sara Smith
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-reads
I received a free copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads program.

Most of this book is about Karen Rutherford's experience as a single mother whose only son is going off to college. She went looking for guidance and found close to nothing in the self-help market so she wrote her own book for other single mothers to commiserate and hopefully be inspired to get yourself out there. It isn't about dating, but about finding what interests you that you may have forgotten in the years you'v
Jaime Hardin
Dec 28, 2013
William  O'Dwyer
Aug 24, 2018
Karen Rutherford
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ernestine Caraballo
Letitia
Sue
Michelle Carper
Mar 08, 2014
Karen Rutherford was born in Memphis, Tennessee, but spent most of her formative years in Atlanta, Georgia, where she had several jobs most of which were related to corporate training.

She currently lives in Indianapolis, Indiana, and spends most of her time working as a contract and freelance technical writer. She has published several articles in trade magazines and written her fair share of copy