Start by marking “True Fate (True Fate #1)” as Want to Read:
True Fate (True Fate #1)

True Fate

(True Fate #1)

Strange things have always happened to Nia, and until now she’s written them off as flukes. At nineteen she has seen her fair share of odd occurrences and just feels lucky.

When Nia unknowingly spoke a prophecy on her eighteenth birthday she freaked out her best friend, Rhea. Nia realizes she needs to find some answers. Rhea makes her promise to go and see her Great Aunt Am
ebook, 1st, 366 pages
Published January 6th 2014 by Shayna Varadeaux Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about True Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Fate

Shayna Varadeaux
It's the 6th and I did hit publish! It's available on Smashwords! And it made it into the premium catalog too! I will add the appropriate links when available!
Shayna Varadeaux
True Fate is going through more edits to fix the grammatical issues so anyone who has reviewed it will get the corrected version once it is finished. I appreciate all of the feedback so much and thank you for bearing with my improperly edited flaws.
Levian
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
strange things had always happened to Nia. however, she and her best friend Rhea had always written them off as flukes. on her eighteen birthday, she spoke of a prophecy, scaring Rhea to tears. now nineteen, she met with a stranger that she felt attracted to from the very moment they laid eyes on each other. Aaron felt the same way towards Nia, like they were fated to be together. knowing each other on the first day felt like they knew each other for the lifetime. they were both approached by Li ...more
Berls
My Initial Reaction…
True Fate has the potential to be a really fun YA fantasy series and I hope that it will continue to grow with the next book.

The Characters…
I almost fell in love with these characters, but not quite. I think my problem was that there were too many of them competing for my attention – although this is most definitely Nia’s story, the other characters’ stories and romances really dominated and confused the plot at times. Case in point, as I was writing that last sentence I kept
Aneta Bak
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
"Fate may have been on their side but anyone knows going too hot and heavy too fast causes a fire to fizzle out before it's time."

True Fate is the perfect combination of love and romance thrown into a strange new world. This book is filled with amazing characters that will steal your heart away!

Nia is nineteen. She is living the perfect life, with a best friend who is like her sister, a loving family, and a dream house. Life couldn't get any better for Nia, that is until she bumps into Mr.Perfec
saad
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Thanks to the author I received this book for free in return for a review.

True Fate is the author's début novel and she has done a really good job. I liked this book a lot but, there are a few shortcomings.

Lets look at the positives first.

The book has romance and, mystery with a hint of action and, will appeal to readers of YA. It has a good plot with no obvious loopholes. Shayna Varadeaux is a really good story teller and she draws you into the story with ease. The characters have been develope
Lauren Kathryn
This gets a three star mainly due to the mystery side of the story. I loved how we were revealed small parts at a time; it certainly kept my mind guessing at the possibilities.

Firstly, I really liked Nia as a main character. She was strong when she needed to be but had a softer side that made me want to like her. I feel that nowadays, most authors go one way or another; ultimately, you hate them because they are too slushy/weak or are too hard faced/abrasive. Nia was just the right balance. :)

My
Sara
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal)

What?!?! Are you kidding me? You can't leave it at that! You just can't! I want more! I need book 2 right now! Oh my God, it's gonna be a very loooong wait I suppose.... *Sigh*

Okay, so, my review:

The story was good, very good, even though there were some scenes a little too sugary where the love birds were concerned. I mean, so sugary I wanted to either go and wash my teeth or get a shot of insulin. Especially in the be
Satarupa
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author and Lovers of Paranormal Group of Goodreads for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

This book is really awesome!!!

There is action, adventure, secrets, suspense and so much more. I loved the story line very much because it felt really unique and fresh. The awesome writing of the author grabbed my attention from the very first and kept me ho
Maria Dodd
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r-beta
I was given this book by the author Shayna Varadeaux, via Lovers of Paranormal, in exchange for an honest review.

Nia knew that odd things happened to her and that she was 'different' and this story follows her discovery of how she is different and the people that help her on her discovery.

Not until the very last word do we find out just how different Nia and Aaron are.

Nia and her relationship with her friend Rhea is very strong and believable.

I loved this book. The first chapter or so was a bit
Brandy Nacole
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if your fate led you to a destiny where you had to trust strangers to protect you and you were expected to be something you didn't know existed?

Nia has always known she was different, but she kept it secret from everyone but her best friend Rhea. But when Nia meets Aaron her life begins to change and she is thrust into a world she never knew existed. Nia's life is in danger from those who want her dead and her only hope relies in the hands of strangers she doesn't even know. B
Kathi Christman
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book free for my review

Excellant book. Nia and Aaron's relationship kept you interested in finding out what their journey will take them on. Showing each step with them geting closer to each other and to the truth. The characters are all strong in this book. I am excited to read the next book and see how he relationship s blossom along with the friendships. Will Nia and Aaron be able to complete their journey and what obstacles will they encounter on their way.
Keliiyy
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal)

Enjoyed reading this. The first chapter or so was a bit confusing but gradually pick it up. The characters are great and really well written as well as being consistent and believable . The book kept me gripped throughout and I finished it in one sitting.

It was great and I recommend this book to those who love fantasy, romance, and a fast paced read.

Anna Carolyn McCormally
I was happy to receive a copy of TRUE FATE from the author via smashwords.

TRUE FATE is a story bursting with good ideas, and the author's vision is ambitious and full of potential.Unfortunately there were grammatical errors and tense issues that were hard for me to overlook while I was reading. However-- TRUE FATE is undergoing editing and may read more smoothly in later editions!
Kyla
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 5 stars because I thought this was an amazing book. I loved the character bus I thought she was really fascinating. I am definitely going to read more books by this author. I want to say thanks to the author for giving me a copy .
S.L. Seay
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great story and by a great author. I was intrigued from the get go and it had enough action to keep me from putting the book down. I love these types of stories and won't give anything away but I would recommend this book to anyone! I can't wait to read the next!!!!
Kayla M
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great storyline

Let me start off by noting that this book is very detail oriented. If you like to get right into the action, then you might not like this book. Personally I didn't mind it, although sometimes I skipped through parts because there are just too many details.

Other than that the story and characters are well written. The story starts of with two best friends, but the main character is Nia. Her and her friend Rhea are taking a break from school and are planning a trip up north. Before
Gail
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story start off with Nia, she is the type of person where strange thing always happened to her. Rehea is Nia best friend, and they just called them flukes, not knowing that there was more to it than that. Than one day Nia met a stranger name Aaron, and there was immediate attraction to him. It felt like they knew each all of their lives. It was a knowing that they belong together from the moment that they laid eyes on each other. Well I guess I will stop here before I give too much of the s ...more
Wafa
kayla Fair
Oct 13, 2015
Alissa
May 26, 2015
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {404} True Fate COMPLETED 29 93 Mar 14, 2014 01:32PM
YA/NA FANATICS: ARR - True Fate (True Fate #1) 11 47 Mar 10, 2014 02:55PM
The Perks Of Bein...: New YA Paranormal Fantasy (PG Romance) 1 7 Jan 31, 2014 04:38AM
  • Unbound (All Good Things #1)
  • The Guardians Crown Parts One and Two (The Sacred Guardians #4)
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • Taking Angels
  • Spellweaver (The Spellweaver Chronicles, #1)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Soulless
  • Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)
  • Reign of Ice (Forever Fae, #4)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Deuce (Vortex, #3)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • Somewhere Only We Know
Shayna is a highly addicted reader and an avid reviewer with a love for generating buzz for other authors.

Check out my Blog Shayna Varadeaux Books & Reviews I want to review your books!

True Fate (2 books)
  • True Chaos (True Fate #2)
“This girl, this impossibly sweet girl, was his present and his future, despite his past. Fate had to be smiling at him. He couldn't imagine life without this dark haired beauty. Those beautiful hazel eyes reached into his heart and took hold.” 4 likes
“A stream of light shot out of her lips, it wasn't blinding though, it was luminescent. It stopped abruptly and Aaron saw the light leave her eyes before she fell, and he swept in to catch her crumpling form.
Eric was right beside them in a flash. "What did you do to her?” He seethed at Darragh, jumping to his feet and tackling him.”
4 likes