Start by marking “Inflame (Explosive, #3)” as Want to Read:
Inflame (Explosive, #3)

Inflame

(Explosive #3)

Easy going soldier Kale Montgomery, a self-proclaimed ladies man, has no plans of settling down, especially not with his best friend- the sexy, sassy schoolteacher Lucy Dawson. Their relationship, though unconventional, is mutually beneficial, and they wouldn't have it any other way. Friends with benefits? Casual lovers? Whatever you want to call it, they’re having fun, in ...more
Published May 12th 2014 (first published May 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Inflame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inflame

Start your review of Inflame (Explosive, #3)
• Lisa •
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FIVE MILITARY STARS.

"You and me. We're in this together ..."

description

Tessa Teevan is an author that writes books that I will always be exited to read. She delivers dreamy romance books with plenty of story line and deliciously steamy bedroom action. The Explosive series is just what it says on the tin; knicker twisting, uncontrollably sexy and heart warming. If I was to say that I adore this series and this author it wouldn't be enough, Tessa Teevan consistently produces four or five star standard bo
Christy
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo b0010fab-4852-4e26-99cf-105c8b0a179a_zps066a76a1.jpg

I have been waiting for Kale and Lucy’s story ever since I finished Incinerate, and the second I saw my arc hit my inbox, I jumped for joy! There is something about this series, with the sexy and tough military men and the strong, sweet and saucy heroines that I just adore. Going into this book, I expected a sexy and sweet friends to lovers tale, and I wasn’t disappointed! Although technically, Kale and Lucy’s tale is a little different. More like lovers to friends with benefits, to
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 5 'I want me a KALE smoothie' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You and I are in this together, one hundred percent..."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you have read the previous book, then you know about Kale and Lucy. I had been dying to read their story. There was something about Kale that just peaked my interest and I needed more. Which is why I was so excited to dive into this one. And it did not disappoint.

Lucy and Kale have quite
Beverly
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Kale Montgomery Stars

There are not enough words to express how much I loved this one. I was so excited to read this one, as I love books with babies. Now that can be a hard storyline to execute well, but Tessa did a fantastic job.

Now we have known about Kale and Lucy’s friends with benefits type relationship for awhile now, and it has worked for them.

Usually these types of relationships play out when someone wants more and the other isn’t ready reciprocate, things are little different here. T
Anna
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kale ❤️

I seriously heart this series ❤️❤️❤️

♥Sharon♥
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 It’s Always Been You Stars

(Revised May 11, 2014)

photo inflamecollage_zpsf2d645a9.jpg

Tessa is one of those authors that puts it all out there on every single page of her books. She takes her time with developing the characters and their stories giving you a sexy, heart melting and refreshing read. Inflame is the third book in the Explosive series and I am here to say the Tessa Teevan has done it again. SHE ROCKS! What an amazing series. ❤

One thing that I absolutely loved about this story is that it was such a sweet and sexy
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
4.5 Kale Stars

I really enjoyed this book. I so looked forward to getting Lucy & Kale's story. I knew it would be interesting, I found myself absolutely loving it. It was a sweet romantic book. Kale almost knocked Knox off my favorite boyfriend list for this series. It's so close but.....

Lucy and Kale both have a past with there own secrets and hidden away heartbreaks. They really don't want to be in a relationship nor looking for one at all, just friends with benefits. Kale was her best friend,
Maayan
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
♫"We started as friends
But something happened inside me .."♫

My Kale

My Lucy

"And just like that, Lucy Dawson shines the light in my life and my dark thoughts completely disappear."

We met Kale and Lucy in Incinerate.
We got glimpses of their relationship and explosive chemistry, but we didn't really knew what was going on between them.

Well, everything I thought I knew was erased.

♫"You don't ever notice me turning on my charm
Or wonder why I'm always where you are .."♫

In Inflame we got
Catarina
4,5 Fateful Stars.

This third installment bring us the story of Kale and Lucy. If you’ve read the blurb or the previous books you know pretty much what’s happening here.
So these two are best-friends with benefits. They enjoy a nice friendship that gets nicely physical when Kale isn’t deployed. Until something changes it all: Lucy gets pregnant and sudden, what was supposed to be a simple no strings attached relationship between two friends, becomes much more complicated. Especially when they
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 She's My Light. My Sunshine Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo 4c46520a-cf82-4a60-9cbf-c61d546dff88.jpg

photo 82e4b8b5-6158-4f28-9594-326642b1098f.jpg

Lucy Dawson is a 2nd grade teacher living in Clarksville, Tennessee. She spends most of her free time with her best friend Charlie. She hasn't been in a relationship in a while. Ever since her break up with her long time college boyfriend, Lucy hasn't wanted anything too serious. Se just wants to play the field, and have some no strings attached fun.

photo Inflamegif.gif

One day at school a gorgeous soldier enters her classroom, an
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
****FIVE Kale Does A Body Good STARS****
ARC Provided by Author in Exchange For An Honest Review
(BR with Bestie Melissa)

photo imagejpg1_zps30276d2b.jpg

I consider myself amongst the lucky ones who gets ARCs from Tessa!!
I swear I have loved every book she's written to date.
"Inflame" is no exception!!
Kale Montgomery is my favorite book boyfriend so far out of the "Explosive" series.
We met Kale and Lucy in "Incinerate".
They're friends to both Knox and Charlie.

Lucy Dawson is an elementary school teacher.
She's Charlie's best fri
Kelli C
ARC provided by author in exhchange for honest review!

I have quickly made Miss Teevan an automatic one-click author. While I truly loved Ignite and Incinerate...my feelings towards Inflame are beyond 5 star territory! I love when and author can write a strong male and make the heroine of equal strength. I also love when a romance is well written with steam, humor, and heartbreaking emotion. Inflame possesses every quality that I, myself, love in a read!

The story: Kale Montgomery and Lucy Dawson
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teesa Teevan Fans, Romance
4.5 Perfect Friends to Lovers Stars * * * * 1/2

I enjoy a Tessa Teevan read. There... I have said it and this way you will understand my delight in reading this book. I have enjoyed meeting all the players in this story through her other book in this series, Incinerate. I bonded with this crew and was looking forward to seeing how she was going to handle Lucy's and Kale's story... because it was extremely timely... The Friends with Benefits relationship.

Today, this is a very common talked about
Jen
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a breath of fresh air! Review to come.
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:Inflame
Series: Explosive #3
Author:Tessa Teevan
Release Date: May 12, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

There are very few series that I can say every book in them are 4 or 5 star reads. When you can say that, the series belongs on your favorites shelf because there’s something special there. This is a hard thing to accomplish and Tessa Teevan has done it for me. I really liked this book-Kale and Lucy’s story takes right off where we left it in Incin
Polly
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by author for honest review*

Me before reading:

Me after staying up until 3am devouring this book:

Full review to come!!

Lyndy Ann ♫
Inflame is the third book in the Explosive series and this is Kale Montgomery and Lucy Dawson’s story.

Lucy is Charlie’s best friend who we were introduced to in Incinerate we know that Lucy and Kale are friends with benefits. Kale is part of the gang with Jace and Knox.

We find out everything about Lucy and Kale, we find out how they first met, what happened that first night they spend together, how they communicated daily while Kale was deployed and how their relationship progresses with time as
Ashley
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any romance reader. Especially if you like strong heroines and southern boys!
Recommended to Ashley by: Tessa Teevan
Dear Knox-

First let me say I love you with all my heart. You are my true love and I will forever be your reader-girlfriend (or wife). So, do not fear that this is a Dear John. You will always have my heart.

What I wanted to know is if you may be open to expanding our reader-girlfriend/book-boyfriend relationship to the ménage variety. ...Just hear me out:

Kale- is your close friend.
Kale- saved your life.
Kale- is your brethren in arms & combat.
Kale- is heart wrenching, swoon worthy with all small h
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2014
4 stars

I really enjoyed this book. Was a sweet romantic book.

Kale almost knocked Knox off my 'favourite' boyfriend list in the series. But no Knox is still my number 1.

Lucy and Kale both had a past with there own secrets and they really didn't want to be in a relationship just friends with benefits. And Kale was really her best friend. Deep down they both had feelings for each other but were to scared to tell each other.

Kale was so sweet but he had a secret and that pissed me off because
Mara De Guzman
5 Kale-Does-MY-Body-Good Stars!
ARC very generously provided by the rocking author in exchange for making me teary-eyed and swoon over Kale

This is the 4th story I’ve read from Tessa (Ignite, Incinerate, Sweet Southern Sorrow), I’ve been too excited to read this and I am glad it didn’t disappoint. I’ve loved all 3 books I’ve read from her and I can say, the story and characters that Tessa writes just keep getting better and better.

“I never thought I’d have a family, Lucy, but what I didn’t
real
Stephanie*
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*5 EXPLOSIVE stars*

I love a good friends to lovers story! Although, their situation was slightly different considering it's more of a friends with benefits to lovers! Regardless, this book was absolutely fabulous!

Kale & Lucy. I loved the way they meet one another, I loved the way their relationship progressed, I loved the pen pal letters that were sent between one another, I loved the buildup of their feelings for one another, and I also loved the unexpected gift. Okay, I pretty much loved ever
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I loved Kale and Lucy together and thought they were a great combination of sweet and sexy. I'm glad there was no relationship drama, and that their insecurites and stubborness didn't get in the way of them getting together and admitting their feelings for each other.

I also love how comfortable and open Lucy is with the fact that she's a woman who likes sex! So damn refreshing. She doesn't play games, and I loved her for it.

BUT, this book's pacing is so damn slow. Lucy was pregn
.Lili.
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
 photo imagejpg1_zpsfefb48ad.jpg

Tessa Teevan has written another winner with Inflame. In this story we are reunited with Kale and Lucy, who we knew were involved in a no strings relationship. They have the perfect arrangement they're best friends, who get to have sex, without any of the hassles of being in a committed relationship. The only thing is- it's not that simple. Before they realize it their relationship is so much more. Their feelings for each other have grown beyond just friendship.

What I loved:
*Dual POV
*It's a frie
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Happy dancing with arc in kindle..thank you Tessa..Kale here I come**

Arc provided from author in exchange for an honest review from the girls and I at www.sizzlingpages.com

4.5 Stars Loved it!

Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 PASSMESOMEKALE STARS

Kale & Lucy ♥

description

I have every intention of making her mine, but until I know she’s ready, hell, until I’m sure that I’m even ready, I’ll bid my time and continue to be her best friend... I know that in the end it’ll be more than worth it. Waiting for her will be worth it...

description

The third installment was 300 or whatever so pages of BRILLIANCE. I enjoyed reading about Kale and Lucy; they are by far my favorite in the Explosive series. It all begins when their arrangement had extra "
Kara
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kale Montgomery. Hot. Sexy. Quick-whit. Loving. All Man.
Lucy Dawson. Pretty. Sexy. Lovable. All Girl.

These two have a great story! Double T did my heart a favor writing this one!! ❤️❤️❤️

Where's Cohen's book!?!!!!
Sarah L
When Kale Montgomery and Lucy Dawson first met, they were immediately drawn together. Neither one looking for a relationship, they decided no strings attached sex would be PERFECT! That’s right. Friends with benefits - something casual, something fun … something that won’t get messy. Or so they thought.

Let me start off by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed Inflame. It was a cute, funny read that also had its share of heart touching moments.

Kale is the kind of guy that I would want by my side. Was
Book Drunk Blog
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
She’s done it again! Tessa has given us another swoon-worthy, can’t help but love him, alpha male; and, of course a strong, independent female lead.

Let me back up, in case you haven’t read the first two books in the Explosive series let me give you a little summary of the guys we all love:

In Ignite we meet Jace. He is the best friend we wish we had – he’s sweet, caring and reliable.
Then we meet Knox in Incinerate. He is the guy we all want to bang – he’s the definition of walking sex-on-a-stic
Megan
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*eARC Provided by Author & Love Between the Sheets Promotions*

This is the third book I have read by Tessa and they just keep getting better and better.
Kale, was actually not what I was expecting. I picture him as a man whore that slept with anything that has two legs. That really isn't the case here. I’m use to guys always being man whores. Yes, Kale sure has had his fair share of woman, but that changed when he meets Lucy. I really enjoyed the two together. They sure had some hilarious moments,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Conflicted Love (Needle's Kiss, #2)
  • Mountain Darkness (Wild Mountain Men, #1)
  • If You Were Mine (After We Fall, #3)
  • Shamrock (Emerald Isle MC, #1)
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Say I'm Yours (Return to Me, #3)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
  • Swink (Landry Family, #5)
  • Dear Enemy
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)
  • Porterhouse (Grade-A Beefcakes, #4)
  • Swear (Landry Family, #4)
Tessa is a twenty-something book junkie who's also obsessed with sports. She's a research analyst by day, writer by night, and married to her best friend for over a decade. If she's not writing, you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle and a glass of wine or cheering on the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes!

Explosive (5 books)
  • Ignite (Explosive, #1)
  • Incinerate (Explosive, #2)
  • Intoxicate (Explosive, #4)
  • Fusion (Explosive, #5)

News & Interviews

“I have every intention of making her mine, but until I know she’s ready, hell, until I’m sure that I’m even ready, I’ll bid my time and continue to be her best friend... I know that in the end it’ll be more than worth it. Waiting for her will be worth it.” 5 likes
“Okay, maybe I can’t guarantee it, but I promise you that I’ll try every single day to be the best man I can be for you. As much as you want to say I’m perfect, I’m not, and striving to be would be unrealistic. But for you, and for Sprout, I’ll try my hardest.” 3 likes