Start by marking “Little 15” as Want to Read:
Little 15

Little 15

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When recruited to play for basketball powerhouse Saint Agnes, the reluctant yet talented sophomore Lauren Muchmore becomes the team’s star point guard. But then a coach’s smile turns into a touch, and a touch leads to a whole lot more.

And before she realizes what’s happening, Lauren is swept up in an abusive relationship that no girl should ever have to handle. Because ev
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 224 pages
Published December 13th 2013 by Bad Doggy Productions (first published October 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Little 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little 15

Thomas Amo
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yesterday I was introduced to the world of 15 year old Lauren Muchmore. A good girl, who only wanted to please her father, play the piano, and enjoy a normal family life. Life--however had other plans for her. Little 15, is an extremely well written novel that provides the cautionary tale that all teen and parents should heed. Not only does this story speak to the events that have become far too common in todays news, but it also serves as a sounding board that I imagine so many young girls coul ...more
Brooklyn Darkchild
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This gutwrenching tale SO accurately chronicles the process--and the aftermath--of a young person taken advantage of sexually by a much older man that my heart bled for Lauren. She is a strikingly realistic character and Ms Saye has captured her perfectly: her early adolescent thought processes, her guilt and her confusion. A Must Read. Well done, Ms Saye.
Sheila
The conversational tone of this novel lends a powerful immediacy to the tale, inviting readers not so much to share the protagonist’s mistakes as to examine their own. It’s unclear how long ago the story is set, but I’d guess the main character is still a young adult, looking back on events that took place when she was fifteen. She sits across the table from the reader, and her words pour ever more convincingly from the page.

Lauren Muchmore doesn’t live in a perfect family, but she tries to be a
Ann
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This could have came right out of todays headlines!

15 year old Lauren's story could have been ripped out of the headlines of any newspaper, any week of the year. It happens every day and we never hear about most of it. Because of the shame and the hurt that goes with it, most young girls try to deal with it on their own and never speak of it. Anyone raising children, especially teenagers, girls or boys, should read this book. Families have to get more in tune with each other. Too many of us are
Margaret Tidwell
I usually can't get into books like this one but I loved this book! I literally couldn't put it down and didn't want to do anything other than read the book. When I wasn't reading the book I was wondering what was going to happen and how things were going to end up for her. The ending didn't shock me because I could see it coming but I did feel bad for girl at the end of the book.
Amy-Sue
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent novel- really makes you think, yet it flies by at the same time. I recommend it!
Brent Meske
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The definition of terror is when you are absolutely certain that, despite all the wonderful hopes you have, despite the good things you see happening about you, things are going to go wrong. In that regard, Little15's greatest triumph in the book is the thin illusion that everything might work out for Lauren, yet the certainty that she is actually headed for a massive disaster.

And it was at about the 75% mark of the book that I realized a lot of really important things had happened while I wasn'
Kelly Knapp
Jun 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen girls
Recommended to Kelly by: Goodreads Firstreads giveaway
Saye’s story is timely. Nearly every day, we hear about a teacher and student tryst; yet for privacy reasons, the student’s side is rarely seen.

Lauren’s life is in turmoil. Her father is a bully, her mother as doormat, and her sister in rebellion. Lauren is the peacemaker, but in being one, she is being forced to changes schools and play basketball. She isn’t sure she wants to be an athlete; she loves the piano. At her new school, Lauren comes under the tutelage of Couch Krum. There is something
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Oh goodness, this story was so good. Not in an 'Oh gee, I wish I was the main character, how she leads a fascinating life'. More like 'Oh wow awesome storyline, this author is laying it out for all to hear’. Stephanie introduces us to Lauren and her life, one no 15 year old should have to endure. Lauren tells her story, a confession of sorts, and makes no qualms it’s an easy one. Her story is laced with her constant need to please her strict father, trying to make a way in a new school away from ...more
Jennifer Cason
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little 15 is an excellent book in two very different ways.
First there's the sheer readability of it. I gobbled this book up. The prose flows, the story is engaging, the characters are heartbreakingly relatable. (I personally loved the mean, slutty big sister. She and I would have been BFFs in high school.) Any of us that survived being a teenage girl can easily relate to those confusing, obsessive hormonal surges that define the experience of love during adolescence even when that love is clear
Bex 'n' Books
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charlee-s-review
Reviewer: Charlee
Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies

Little 15, well, what can I say? This is a book that will make you experience every emotion available as you follow the story of Lauren, a 15 year old basketball player, through a horrific time in her life.

Seeing the story written through her eyes, reading the feelings that she has laid bare for us to see, almost makes you feel like you've been caught snooping through the girl's journal. Truly betrayed by someone who was meant to protect her, Lauren has
Courtney
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not one that I would normally read. But I had it and thus I read it.

First thing that came to mind was Amy Fisher (if you don't know who she is or what she did - you can google it).

I thought it would end the same way...boy was I wrong.

I enjoyed how the main character talked to me, yes - she was directly talking to me, telling me about herself. As if, we met in an empty room and I asked 'so tell me about yourself' and she replies 'where would you like me to begin', and picks the mo
K.L. Murphy
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and found Lauren's voice convincing and disturbing all at once. While I don't always enjoy books in first person, this was well done and perfect for the type of story the author was writing. My only hesitation with this story was I felt there were a few loose ends. I thought Ms. Saye's description of Catholic high school life in the time period was spot-on and I would recommend this book to others.
Just Deborah
Feb 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
What happened to the ending?

Unless you're twelve or in a similar situation as the girl in this book, don't waste your time. If you are in a similar situation, there is so much better help for you then this book. What happened in this book is not necessarily how it has to be. And you can get your life back without becoming a 40 year old neurotic mess. The ending of this book offers no hope and no help to anyone. There is help out there.
Hali
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a giveaway on this site. I really enjoyed the storyline and the pacing of the book. It is a short read, and I finished it in a day. One main complaint I have about the book, is that it desperately needs to be proofread. I found many grammatical errors, and it distracted me from the story. That is why I feel it deserves 3 stars; otherwise, it would be a strong 4 stars.
Carrie
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-2012
Topic was daring and handled very well. its a must read for parents with teenage kids (girls in particular). This stuff happens ALL THE TIME! There was something about the internal dialogue that was disjointed at times for me, so the flow of the book wasn't always smooth (the reason for only 3 stars).
Traceylee
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Why

it was ok. it was about a teenager having an affair with her coach from basketball . She got pregnant. I don't consider it sexual abuse because she liked it as much as him but was only 13.
Christina
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is very disturbing. It is about how easily an impretionable young girl can be sucked into a relationship with a man who is twice her age. This is a very sad story but a good book. I received this book for free through goodreads giveaway.
Robin Jackson
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent read. I flew through it!
Stevie
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this one down!!! I enjoyed following Lauren Muchmore's journey. Can't wait for more from this author!!
Amanda Chalifoux
Sounds very interesting I wanna read more..
Maryangie79
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lifetime movie in a book form. It was a quick read but it disturbed me.
rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2012
Elizabeth
Dec 01, 2014
Were can I get this? 1 1 Mar 07, 2013 10:28AM
Like Little 15's Lauren Muchmore, Stephanie played varsity basketball for an all-girls Catholic high school—and she really did get policed by nuns on the way to class. Stephanie has since traded in her Nike high-tops for Brooks running shoes (and her corporate career for the life of a novelist and screenwriter). She lives in Texas with her husband and two sons.
“Hindsight’s a wonderful thing when it’s used properly.” 1 likes