Start by marking “A Little Love (No Greater Love #4)” as Want to Read:
A Little Love (No Greater Love #4)

A Little Love

(No Greater Love #4)

Everybody needs a little love in their lives...

Pru Plum is the celebrated owner of a famous Mayfair bakery. She wears Chanel and her hair is expensively cut. Few would believe that this elegant woman turned sixty-six last year.

But Pru is not the confident, successful businesswoman she appears. She has done shameful things to get to where she is today. And she will do any

Published December 16th 2013 by Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about A Little Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Love

Dale Harcombe
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating and review to follow in a day or two.
The main character is this story is Pru Plum, a woman in her sixties who has never married. With her cousin Milly, this elegant woman runs a famous Bakery and caters too many of the upper class. For me, the idea that a special cake could cost around $9000 pounds was staggering. But Pru has an elite clientele. She also has a secret from her she cannot afford to come out or the reputation she has established as a successful business woman will be destroy
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: three-star
The "No Greater Love" series is, for me, a bit of a guilty pleasure. Yes, they're love stories and the reader has to expect a degree of cheesiness but this one is by far the cheesiest!

Pru is a talented baker and owner of her own patisserie, co-ran by her cousin Millie. Her clients include the wealthy and the famous. Her cakes and breads are the best in London and she prides herself on impeccable edible designs. Her manager, a flamboyant Frenchman, oversees the running of the shop and ensures ea
Leah
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Amanda Prowse seems to be a new author on the Chick Lit block (although her novels probably err more on the side of women’s fiction than Chick Lit, but y’know, it’s all the same, isn’t it, so let’s not get into THAT debtate again). She self-published her novels initially before being picked up by Head Of Zeus in the UK and her novels have since been published by them. I’ve seen her novels out and about, but never actually picked one up so when I was noticed her new novel, A Little Love, I was ve ...more
Arielle Deltoro
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog www.LivingLifeWithJoy.com

A Little Love is a story about learning to overcome difficult situations and ultimately allowing yourself to be happy. You must get past any lingering regret from decisions that were made in the past. Sometimes people are put in terrible situations that make them feel like it’s the only way to survive, no matter how terrible of a thing they feel they must do. Pru Plum, the co-owner of Plum’s Patisserie, is different than most of the ma
Heather Hill
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I eagerly awaited this novel and when it arrived, we stayed together for an afternoon and two evenings until I reached the finale. And it was wonderful! This is a beautiful love story with an unconventional protagonist - a woman in her sixties with a slightly colourful past. Hooray for the more mature ladies! What I liked most was that just as I settled in to what seemed a straightforward story at the start, the author took me in an entirely unexpected direction with twists aplenty - the kind th ...more
Anne-Marie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
An ideal summer read, light, funny at times and romantic.
Kathryn
A Little Love by Amanda Prowse has been a delight to listen to and I think I just may have found a new author to enjoy!

It is extremely well narrated by Julia Franklin, her voices vary, and she had the right accents, phrasing and speed to make it absorbing to listen to. She really brings the story alive.
Prue and Millie - cousins - are two tough birds originally from the East End, they have been through the mill of life and have on the whole a very loyal relationship with each other.
Prue is a kind
Natalie
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meet Pru; a strong and incredibly loveable heroine with a secret in her past which could cause everything she has worked so hard for to come crashing down around her.

Set in London, Pru and her cousin Milly are the owners of an upmarket bakery. (Be warned that reading about their many delicious creations will make your mouth water!) During the course of this story they will experience romance, loss, hope and devastation which sees their strong relationship tested to its limits.

I loved everything
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Prowse has a wonderful way of taking you away from everything, travel to London meet some new people and experience so many different emotions. You will fall in love with Pru and her cousin Milly. With them, especially Pru, you will laugh and cry, feel love and joy, experience pain and loss. But in the end you will find hope.
I thoroughly enjoyed Pru's story and life that I found myself taking my time through the chapters. I would finish a chapter and set the book down and just think about
Victoria Browne
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about this book and it took me a chapter to get into it. The story took a shocking heartfelt turn and nearly had me crying in public. The story is funny and warm with just the right about if twist along the way. It follows two cousins who are in their seventies and own the finest cakes shop in London. However, how they got there throws some real life shade into the story. A little Gem.
Louise Child
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Awful

This seems set in a bygone age . Formal stilted . Characters are shallow .Women seem to be uneducated and silly .Hard to connect to anything in this tale .Lacklustre and very disappointing .
Kelly
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely story from the amazingly talented Amanda Prowse. I loved the storyline that ran throughout this story of Pru, she was a character who was easy to empathise with, passionate and determined. She was a character flying the flag for how women could achieve what they wanted and how she didn't need a husband to do this. A lovely book with ups and downs for all of the characters throughout that leaves you feeling emotionally invested in what comes next for them. A thoroughly enjoyable book whi ...more
Kim Nash
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the moment this book dropped onto my doormat and I opened the envelope to find one of the most gorgeous covers ever, I knew I was going to love this book! And love it, I did!

Pru Plum is one of the most delightful characters I’ve met, full of goodness and love and I’m just a tad in awe of her and definitely wish I had a Pru Plum in my world to look out for me! I adored the relationship between Milly and Pru, a very special bond that could never be broken even through very hard times.
It’s a
Janet Emson
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, reviewed
I received a copy of this book from the publishers in exchange for an honest review.

Pru Plum is a successful business woman, owning and running Plum Patisserie with her cousin Milly. Her pastries are world famous and her cakes devoured by the rich and famous. She has a niece she dotes on and would appear from the outside as a happy, confident woman in her 60's. However Pru begins to realise that the one thing that is missing is love but feels that her past will prevent her from ever finding this
Bookread2day
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Readers can always count on Amanda Prowse to tell a story at that captures all readers heart. I have read most of Amanda Prowse books and loved them all. If any one out there is struggling to find a mother's day present look no further than a novel by Amanda Prowse. A little love is a modern-day love story which is deeply emotional, A Little Love is a page turning novel that you just can not put down.
The story is about Pru Plum and her cousin Milly who have the dream of running their own bakery
Diane Lithgow
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I loved this book after the second start. I read about 30 pages and thought this is not for my but it was recommended for me to try so i started again (no other books to read). fell in love with the characters. A real twist to the story which made it much more exciting. Not quite the direction you thought the book was going in.
Caroline
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
A bit too chick lit for me, easy read though.
Pippa
Dec 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Not too long ago I read my first Amanda Prowse “How to fall in love again”, she always gets great reviews so when I found it for only £0.99 I bought it and began reading. After only a few chapters I was certain I had found another author whose books I would devour and searched for more titles. I found three more on offer and snapped them up too. I thought “How to fall in love again” was a superb book and wished I had read the previous two. Unfortunately my opinion of this writer would change fro ...more
Steph
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
An okay book with the potential to be better but it just wasn't able to draw me in or want to read on,unable to put down. It felt like a chore to keep reading.
To be honest I'm not really interested in the love life and potential new relationship for a woman in her late sixties,even if she does have some big secret. And I read to page 186 and still had no idea what this secret was or could be,it just dragged on.

There was the rather unexpected event that was shocking and that kept me reading where
Hilary Mole
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and although it was an easy read love story it had some unexpected twists and turns that compelled me into reading more.
Pru Plum owned a well known bakery/patisserie in Mayfair, London with her cousin Milly. Pru was 66 and a spinster from a poor background who was proud of her achievements. Her brother Alfie struggled with drug addiction and being solo parent to his daughter, Bobby. When Bobby was 8 years old he gave her to Pru to bring up and soon after Alfie died. No
Deb
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really can’t help but love this little collection of stories.
Brief overlapping of old friends (such as it feels)
Excitement and real life happenings, all together like a beautiful puzzle.
Pru with a history (don’t we all), so much love and warmth to give, will anyone be ‘The One’, to be able to reciprocate?
Loved ones lost and new ones found, whirlwinds of tornadoes and love affairs.
It is difficult not to feel emotionally integrated into this story. As it is with the ones that came before. Christ
Christine Harris
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
A lovely well written book about finding love later in life, coping with the unexpected and dealing with the past.

As with all of Amanda Prowse’s book, it was a well written story with well rounded characters you could definitely picture. Also her description of items that were baked, as two of the main characters owned a bakery, were so good my mouth was watering and I fell like I well and truly fell off the diet wagon.

Really enjoyed this story.
Maggie
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, online-library
A sweet love story set in a world of delicious treats. This is a heartwarming book with some very sad surprises and revelations, its not all fairy cakes and eclairs.
I didn't realize this was part of a series, I've already read the next book in the series but now that I've read this one, I think I want to re-read Christmas for One.
Andi
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing as always

I just love every book, I’ve never been disappointed and the characters I can see so vividly in my mind. The different emotions you feel is sometimes overwhelming, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Just truly outstanding x
Kay Mcaloney
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-nook
I have loved every book by Amanda Prowse and this is no exception! I enjoy some of the repeating characters from a different point of view. Interesting story line and wonderful characters. Highly recommend.
Anne
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Was looking for something light to listen to while putting away Christmas, this fit the bill. A love story, guilty pleasure about a baker in London. Fun characters, I'll have to try another of Amanda Prowse's books, enjoyed this.
lysa smith
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Woman's Weekly stuff

Not the usual standard.Transparent plot if there actually was a plot. A weak romantic novel with a few recipes thrown in.
Lucy
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I did like this book but I found it a little dull at times, other times I found it to be cosy and cute. It was for me a good little quick read.
Birgit
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story. I found it at the perfect time and read every word.
Rosheen
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
The general idea of the story is what drew me to this book, but I felt it was poorly written, which was rather a turn off.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Beginners Guide to the Birds and the Bees
  • Last Bus to Coffeeville
  • The Story: Love, Loss & The Lives of Women: 100 Great Short Stories
  • Addicted: A sexy, riotous summer bonkbuster
  • Wanting It All (Naked Men #2)
  • Two Weddings and a Baby
Amanda Prowse was a management consultant for ten years before realising that she was born to write. Amanda lives in the West Country with her husband and their two teenage sons.

No Greater Love (7 books)
  • Poppy Day (No Greater Love #1)
  • What Have I Done? (No Greater Love #2)
  • Clover's Child (No Greater Love #3)
  • Christmas For One (No Greater Love, #5)
  • Will You Remember Me? (No Greater Love #6)
  • A Mother's Story (No Greater Love, #7)