Start by marking “Wizard Under Fire (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wizard Under Fire (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #4)

Wizard Under Fire (The Dresden Files Omnibus #4)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  1,110 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Contains Proven Guilty and White Night.
Published January 1st 2007 by Science Fiction Book Club/Fantasy

To ask other readers questions about Wizard Under Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wizard Under Fire

Mike (the Paladin)
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I first came across harry Dresden I ordered the available omnibus editions from Science Fiction Book Club. I still have these on my shelf. If you've read my reviews of the individual books (or by now the other omnibus editions) you know that I'm a fan of the Dresden books. The books in this volume are no exceptions. This book has Proven Guilty and White Night.

In Proven Guilty the world again seemingly lands on the boney shoulders of our hero. Harry's old mentor has a favor to ask and as usu
Gabriel
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Every good hero needs a sidekick. Batman needs his Robin (or Robins). Holmes his Watson. The Lone Ranger his Tonto. Superboy his Krypto. Well, some are better than others.

And in these two books, Harry gets his sidekick. No, it's not Murphy or Thomas or any of the other characters that were discussed at length during the other books. See, Harry's had partners, but never an "equal" of sorts. Someone at his level with similar powers. By the end of White Night, he does. Sure, the sidekick isn't exa
Sammm
I have to be completely honest, if I judge books by their covers, The Dresden Files wouldn't interest me at all lmao. The 4 Omnibus Volumes published by Science Fiction Book Club Fantasy, however, have book covers much more appealing imo. So yeah, if I were to physically own books from this series, this edition is the most ideal... So sad they didn't continue publishing the remaining series (as of now.)

My reviews for individual books included in this volume:

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
We find our hero in Proven Guilty in a big magical mess. His relationship with Michael is strained due to the Fallen Angel Lasciel's presence. The War with the Red Court is not going well and the White Council is looking at our hero in none too friendly way. The White Council holds a meeting in Chicago to send our beloved hero a two-fold message: one that he's still thought as a black magic wizard and two that he needs to toe the line as far as the White Council is concerned. Lastly his relation ...more
M.i.
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Wizard under fire consists of two stories. In the first, Harry is forewarned that black magic is stirring in Chicago by the gatekeeper and must investigate and put a stop to it. Little does he know that the one responsible is someone quite close to him. As always with Harry, nothing is ever as it seems.

In the second, Harry must put a stop to a serial killer that has been taking out women with magical abilities. But in this particular story, Butcher seems to emphasize just how much some evil in
Jewels
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
I can't really write more glowing praises for the Dresden Files than I already have. I love the mystery angle, where you have to figure out who done it. I love the rapid fire action and the sweet, intense emotional scenes. Above all, I love that Harry is a character that is written as flawed and trying to do better. I can't wait to see what the next books hold.
Amber M
Apr 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
I guess this is actually books 8 and 9 of the Dresden files (Proven Guilty and White Night). So if you have already read these two books, there's no reason to repeat history unless you have to have all versions of the novel.
Nancy Laney
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The Dresden Files Books 8-9
Karen
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book. The ending of the 2nd story in it was a little drawn out.
Angel
Jul 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, it's my favorite
Recommended to Angel by: My Dad
Dresden series is phenomenal, and now my favorite series. He has such a great sarcastic humor, and novel way of getting himself out of tight situations. Love the characters and Love the stories.
Jimmy
Sep 06, 2010 added it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
PROVEN GUILTY:
WHITE NIGHT:
Kat  Hooper
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I've reviewed these separately at FanLit: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/fant...
PWRL
Jp
Mar 24, 2013
Grant
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Harry Dresden continues to get more complicated, without becoming less sympathetic. Fun reads!
Todd O'bryan
Alan
Apr 29, 2014
Steve Dave
May 31, 2012
  • This Witch for Hire (The Hollows, #1-2)
  • Preying For Mercy (Mercy Thompson, #1-3)
  • Dead by Day (Sookie Stackhouse, #4-5)
  • Our World (The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, #2; The Dresden Files, #10.11)
  • Blood Moon (A Rowan Gant Investigation #9)
  • On Her Majesty's Occult Service (Laundry Files, #1-2)
  • Diana Tregarde Investigates (Diana Tregarde, #1-3)
  • The Heart of the Witch
  • By Magic Alone (Magic, #4)
  • Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3;  Otherworld Stories, #10.4; The Dresden Files, #6.5)
  • Human Tales
  • The Best of John Bellairs: The House with a Clock in Its Walls; The Figure in the Shadows; The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring
  • When Will You Rage?
  • Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy
  • Web of Darkness (The Fall of Atlantis, #2)
  • The Undead Kama Sutra (Felix Gomez, #3)
  • Long-time Listener, First-time Werewolf (Kitty Norville, #1-3)
  • The Book of Taltos (Vlad Taltos, #4-5)
Jim Butcher is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera, and a new steampunk series, the Cinder Spires. His resume includes a laundry list of skills which were useful a couple of centuries ago, and he plays guitar quite badly. An avid gamer, he plays tabletop games in varying systems, a variety of video games on PC and console, and LARPs whenever he can make time for it. Jim currently resi ...more
More about Jim Butcher...

The Dresden Files Omnibus (4 books)
  • Wizard for Hire (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #1)
  • Wizard by Trade (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #2)
  • Wizard at Large (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Ladies of Mandrigyn (Sun Wolf and Starhawk, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)