Start by marking “Charleston Heat” as Want to Read:
Charleston Heat

Charleston Heat

THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER IN PRINT
Published June 4th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Charleston Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charleston Heat

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely read. I do love a good rocker romance and this certainly didn't disappoint me.

Shays got trust issues. She throws herself into working and time with her friend. Brodie is the delicious drummer in a band. This great story is Shay and Brodie's story.

If your looking for a good rocker story then I really do recommend this little gem.
Margreet Asselbergs
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My rating: 4.5 of 5 ⭐

Working two jobs already, Shay Mahone has just started her third job, intended to finance the renovations required to finalize the yoga studio she and her roommate are hoping to open in the near future. No time or inclination for dating, let alone a relationship, she swiftly sidesteps any and all attempts at setups orchestrated by Charlie, who is afraid that one bad experience will cause his bestie, Shay to let her life pass her by. But instead, bumping into a gorgeous and f
Casey
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Charleston Heat is a short and enjoyable read by Samantha Garman. This is the first book of hers that I have read, so I really didn't have any idea what I was in for. I love rockstar romance stories, and I was excited to read about Brodie. I will say that while this one was a good read and I thought it was cute, I did have some mixed feelings. This one just fell a bit flat for me, and wasn't all I had been hoping for.

Having been left by her fa
Lustful Literature
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
** DEBBIE'S 3.5 STAR REVIEW **

The story is based around Shay. Her father abounded her after birth and her mother left her in her grandmother’s care to travel around the world with her new wealthy husband. Shay and her grandmother had a wonderful relationship, the problem was after being left by her mom Shay was angry and had a deep down dislike towards wealthy people.

Shay lives with her gay roommate Charlie who she met her freshman year of college. They have a great relationship and I had many
Sheyla ✎
3.5
 photo charlestonheat.jpg

Shay Mahone is guarded against love after her ex-boyfriend used her to get her family connections. Understandably, she stays away from dating until she can heal her heartache.

She lives with her best friend Charlie who's also her business partner. Shay has majored in business and she's opening a yoga place with Charlie. In the meantime, she is working 3 jobs. One of those is as a waiter and on a gala night she meets Brodie.

Brodie Davidson is the famous drummer of The Disclaimers. Despite bein
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Shay Mahone has 100% focus on her goal of owning a yoga studio with her best friend; he’s the yogi, she’s the business mind. To attain her objective, she’s willing to do whatever it takes including work three jobs. With a huge loan to repay for the restoration of their studio, she’s a bookkeeper, cater waitress, and nude model for art school. On the emotional front she happens to despise people of wealth and entitlement, which mainly goes back to abandonment by her mother for a rich stepfather. ...more
Scandalous Book Blog
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ok
~*~*~3.5 Stars~*~*~

The first page is this book kicked is a**, my dirty mind immediately went to something naughty but it was all innocent and Kosher I had to laugh out loud went I realized exactly what the scene is. That defiantly caught my attention and made me want to get to know more about the characters Charlie and Shay better.
Shay is an over worked boring individual (Some call it independent) her idea of fun is drinking tea (no kidding) she works three job and is about to open a yoga studi
Anny hernandez
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

WOW I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, and love how the book turn out to be, have to say that this book made me angry at some part, but I love every single minute of it, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begin with Shay, after breaking up with her ex boyfriend, she stay clear away from man, and dating, she has three job and she's in the process of open
Christina Racich
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVE a good sexy rocker romance, and this one was no exception. However, I did feel it fell just a bit flat for me, but overall it was enjoyable and entertaining.

Shay has serious issues when it comes to trusting anyone and especially has an issue with anyone with money. The one time she was in love she was used, and the one person she should have been able to rely on the most in her life, chose a life of money over her. She just wants to focus on her new business, and spend time with her best
Lisa
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shay is a woman that was scorned by an ex boyfriend who just want to get fame by using her wealthy step father. She is a workaholic and does very little for herself. She has certain things that turn her off about men.

Brodie is a wealthy famous drummer for a band. He is use to getting what he wants without having to ask. He does not flaunt his wealth around like a typical musician usually does.

When Shay is working at an event that the cater she works for is catering she runs into Brodie as she
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Charleston Heat was a fast paced story about Shay Mahone who is independent and hard working. She works 3 jobs to get her new yoga studio up and running with her gay BFF (whom I absolutely loved). She meets the famous Brodie Davidson. He is a drummer for a hot band. He is hot and in demand. And he in drawn immediately to Shay.

Shay hates rich people. Her mom dumped her when she met her rich new husband and now Shay is guarded and skeptical of all rich people. Brodie meets Shay and instan
Renee at Book Happiness
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review. This was such a good read that I had a hard time putting it down. I found it to be hot, sexy and funny.
First you have Shay who is gun-shy to say the least because of past relationships and then you have Brodie who is a famous drummer who see's Shay and falls instantly in lust..Then you have Charlie, Shays roommate and best friend who is the best comic relief.
This was just a very enjoyable read. Once I picked it up I had a hard time putting it down..
T
Kylee
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Welllll....ain't this just the spicy little book! I love a good drummer and all their sexiness, and Brodie DEFINITELY fits the part. I love Shay's independent attitude and her drive to get what she wants, not letting a man bring her down! Enter Brodie...and her whole world is blown apart. The man oozes sexiness and independence, yet has that soft side of him that craves a one on one relationship...something he thought he would never want.
If you like the rocker books, this one is fabulous without
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This lovely romance, which heats up very nicely is a great read. It turns on its head the usual preconceptions of rock star books, and gives us a different view of life as a star. The heat between the two characters is evident, and cannot be denied.

Find a quiet spot and indulge - I recommend it.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Tara
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book as a first reads giveaway. I was a little hesitant about a "rocker" romance but the book did not disappoint. Characters were well rounded and the story line was thoroughly engrossing. Thank you for a fun read.
Erin
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this may be one of my favorite Romance books I've read in a while. I loved that the characters were humanly flawed & believably so. Brodie was all kinds of hot - rock star swagger mixed with genuine nice guy-ness. I very much hope that Charlie gets his own story. :)
Paige Whitecotton
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!
Lyndsie
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
review to come with tour!
Evette
Jun 13, 2015
HEM
Aug 14, 2014
Jonaki
rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2014
Donna Schubert
Guinevere
Kim Coomey
May 07, 2014
Samantha Garman writes stories of love, laughter, and life. She is a lover of all things romance, a full-time puppy mama, and a bonafide klutz.

When she's not busy spilling things, she can be found reading a book or taking photos of the wee beastie and posting them on Instagram.

WRITING MAFIA ROMANCE AS EMMA SLATE: