Start by marking “Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2)” as Want to Read:
Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2)

Son of Set

(Descendants of Isis #2)

“. . . the Sons would never just let him go—alive.”

Seth O’Keefe has broken the laws of his god. He never thought he would sacrifice his own future to protect a Daughter of Isis. But when the Sons of Set discovered Natti is the Secret Keeper, he had no choice. Now, Seth and Natti are on the run from his father, who wants nothing more than to see Seth dead. With no allies, S
Published May 2nd 2014 (first published April 24th 2014)

Jamie
Oh the levels Kelsey Ketch takes us to on this adventure! This is the sequel to Descendant of Isis. It is packed with more drama, action, romance and intrigue than before.

Seth and Natti are on the run from Seth's father (Sean) and the other Sons of Set. Unable to trust anyone, they are completely on their own. Natti wants to solve the mystery of Ra's secret name while Seth wants nothing more than for her to be safe. These goals do not seem to hand in hand. Natti has to come to terms to what h
Alaina
Now it has been a while since I read Descendants of Isis - so, it was really fun to dive into the second installment of this series over the weekend. There was so much happening in this book that I didn't even realize that it was over by the time I flipped to the last page. It sucked me in - especially when I wasn't out on winery fun, watching movies, or hanging out with the family.

Son of Set was jam-packed with action, drama, and romantic shit. Seth and Natti are on the run from Seth's crazy a
Sophi Frost
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

Physically, mentally, and emotionally battered, a delirious Natara Stone finds herself in a hotel room with the boy she holds responsible for involving her with the Sons of Set and at the same time for saving her from becoming their sacrifice. Her world has been turned upside down overnight and the only person she can trust is Seth. But is he trustworthy?
In less than 24 hours, Seth O’Keefe gave up the comforts of being the son of highest priest on the west coast for the Egyptia
Bree Howland
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mythology lovers, romance loves
*I should mention that I received the e-arc from the author in return for a fair review.*

I'm at a loss of words.

It's been a long time that I have thoroughly enjoyed a novel to this extent. I remember Daughter of Isis being amazing, but I think Son of Set brought the bar so much higher.

The fluidity that was displayed in this novel was perfect. I have a really visual imagination and there's at some points that I forgot that I was reading.

The sexual/romantic tension between Natti and Seth was super
Yesha
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, fantasy, ya, mythology
Note: I received review copy of this book from the author, via Lola’s Blog Tour, in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stars
Brilliant and high dose mythology, hot pursuit, thrilling and tense story, unraveling secrets. Everything I wanted in was there in the book. Whatever complain I had for the first book just vanished in the air. This book was better than I expected. There were still no hieroglyphic drawing in this book, may be because I’m reading review copy or whatever reason, still this book
Emily Anne
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, mythology
Son of Set was a breathtaking, addicting sequel! I adored Kelsey Ketch’s first novel, Daughter of Isis, and I am extremely excited to report that I loved the second book just as much!

The characters are so likable and unique! In the beginning, Natti is shocked and scared after the terrible events in Daughter of Isis. However, she still keeps going and plans to side with the Daughters of Isis against the Sons. I admired her fierceness and determination.

I liked Seth a lot more in this novel. After
Ria
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/05...

OMGee!! That ending! okay so it was and it wasn’t kind of cliffy. Netti doesn’t know who she can trust but she does know she has a strong battle ahead of her. Seth’s father is determined to bring his enemies down. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with Netti and Seth. Netti is coming into her powers and I hope these two will find their way towards happiness. I hope to hear more about the Daughters of Isis. This was a fast paced intrig
Beth  (YA Books Central)
Tiffany's Review:

Another great one! I loved the first book, Daughter of Isis and I could not wait to read Son of Set. It did not disappoint!!! This series is intense! Oh and not to mention the guy in the cover is HOTTTT!!!!

I love reading about secret lives that these characters are living. Sons and daughters of ancient Egyptian gods! In this second book Natti and Seth are trying to beat the evil sons to find the secret that keeps the world in balance. Seth and Natti grow closer...which I love!!
Louisa
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book as good as the first in the series Daughter of Isis.

Natti and Seth have escaped Sean's clutches but are now on the run for their lives. The bond between them grows as they try and stay ones step ahead os Sean and his minions. More secrets are revealed on both sides of the battle for Ra's secret name.

I really enjoyed watch Seth growth in this book that he is not all darkness as his father taught him and how Natti helps show him the light with in himself.

I early await the next book in t
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Zachary Flye
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating 4.5 stars

Review:

Protagonists: Seth and Natti have escaped the Sons of Set and are now trying to escape and find some semblance of safety from those who threaten their lives. There was a bit of a regress in Natti's character when this book starts but soon she develops back into a strong willed character who won't let some charmer tell her what to do. The magic she possesses also grows in this book, though I have a feeling we haven't seen the full potential of her power yet. Then the
Holly
*Full review can be found at Part of that World.

I really, really enjoyed this sequel! It was better than the first book, and I love where the story is heading. I love the Egyptian mythology, and I love the characters. In Son of Set, we get more of the mythology, and we also get a lot more character development.

Rating: 4 stars!

Son of Set is the second book in the Descendants of Isis series by Kelsey Ketch. I really enjoyed the first book, Daughter of Isis, but I wish there had been more emphasis
Chanzie
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chanzie by: Fran
This book was AMAZING.... It was so good I have already tweeted to find out when the final book, The Name of RA, is going to be released. This book has everything in it: friendship, love, loyalty, heart-break, adventure, puzzles, challenges and so much more.

Characters & Storyline: 5/5
Son of Set picks up right where Daughter of Isis ended. You dive right into Seth and Natti being on the run - things are tense and there are so many unanswered questions floating around.

Seth and Natti are stuc
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Seth O'Keefe is a Son of Set along with his father. Seth has always followed his father's rules always doing as he said. It didn't matter if he liked it or not. His father was the boss and was to be respected. Seth and his father worship the God of Set. Seth never expected to go against his own father much less the God of Set but he did when the Sons of Set kidnapped Natara "Natti" Stone when they found out that she was the
Candy Smith
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hhmm where do I begin? My heart is still racing from anxiously following Nattie and Seth on their flight from the Sons of Set,and the the most dangerous one of them all Sean, want nothing more than to see his son Set dead and Nattie sacrificed on the alter of Set and he will stop at nothing to get what he wants.Oh yeah you know Sean,he also wants to raise Set to rise from Duat and find the name of Ra. He is very devious and malicious.
So Seth has found himself in a predicament that leaves him fig
Veronica of V's Reads
4.5 stars....

Wow! This escape tale is quite the fast-paced adventure, with a heaping helping of romance on the side. Natti is nearly killed by the Sons of Set, whose leader is none other than Seth’s father Sean. Seth brings Natti back from the brink–with no small help from healing powers he’s always had and never understood.

Natti struggles with the nightmares of her captivity–but also with the overwhelming influence of Seth’s Charm–see, as a Son of Set he has a gift to Charm any and all in his e
Babel

5 Annoyingly sexist but utterly amazing supernatural power

6 Original application of Ancient Egyptian lore

7 A story of redemption against self-gratification

First reviewed on Literaria http://sede-literaria.blogspot.com

So, after Daughter of Isis, I jumped right into SON OF SET. I was beginning to l
Farrah
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thrilling, action-packed, and a wonderful sequel, Son of Set was a fantastic YA read. I really liked this book. It was a lovely read that was even better than the first book.

Natti was great in this book. Even on the run from the Sons of Set, she was determined not to take the easy way out and figure out how to end it once and for all. She was even stronger than she was in book 1 and I still liked her.

Seth was still a bit of a conundrum. In this book, his struggle to shed the dark influence of Se
Maghon Thomas
I totally wanna kill Seth’s dad, in a horrible, very mean, absolutely evil way. :) Wow, the sequel is almost better than the first. There’s more action, and more scary moments, and more mysteries, and a little more Romance! And now, we are learning what Natti is and how she is to become that, and what’s Seth’s role to her. It’s definitely a thrill ride!

Natti and Seth are on the run. But the can’t outrun the evilness of Seth’s dad. And they have to figure out all the mysteries of Natti, and the
Naomi
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh… what a thrilling sequel in the Descendants of Isis series!! Son of Set continues immediately after the ending of the first book and I was quickly taken on a trip over the country as Nattie and Seth are trying to stay out of Sean’s evil hands!! It was exciting and I was quickly flicking the pages to see how things unfolded.

Throughout the journey Nattie and Seth both learn a lot more about each other: their secrets are revealed, their powers grow stronger and their feelings come to the surf
Kimber Wheaton
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Spoiler Alert: If you haven't read Daughter of Isis, you might want to skip this review due to book 1 spoilers.

Son of Set is the second book in the Descendants of Isis series. It is not a standalone and I highly recommend reading Daughter of Isis first or you will be lost. The story picks up right where the last ended. Natti is seriously wounded magically, mentally, and physically. Seth is trying to heal her in addition to sta
Diane Lynch
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seth O’Keefe was raised as a son of Set, followers of the Egyptian god of disorder. Their goal is to create chaos and discover the location of Ra’s secrete name from their rivals the Daughter of Isis.

Seth gave up everything by saving the life of the Secret Keeper for the Daughter of Isis, Natara Stone. Now they are on the run together with the Sons of Set on their heels.

I enjoyed Seth’s character. He struggles with his dark side, but he has a good heart, even if he doesn’t seem to recognize it
Marcy
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review can be found at: http://thegirlbookaholic.blogspot.com...
This story line picks up rights where the first book leaves off, which is when Seth and Natti run from Sean, Seth's father, after he tries to imprison Natti's essence. From there, it just keeps getting better and better as Seth and Natti try to outrun Sean and try to stop his nefarious plan of trying to raise Set.
In this book Natti finally admits to herself that she has definite feelings for Seth, yet she still debates acting
Pratr- Authors
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
In book two of this series Natti and Seth have escaped Sean and are trying to just stay alive. They are running from Sean's minions and getting closer. There are more secrets revealed and Natti help Sean find the good in hisself. I love how Sean is growing and becoming a better person thanks to the love he is starting to feel for Natti. I cant wait for the next book I really need to see where this is headed. I give it 4 fangs.
Hadeel Moh
One word ..... Boring
Beccie
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
EVEN BETTER than the first one. No grammatical issues (that I found) and the story continued to have twists and turns and action. Need the next book NOW!!!
Suzana
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This sequel didn't disappoint and was just as good as daughter of Isis :) Loved seeing this more caring side of Seth :) I cannot wait for the next book ;)
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
It has been almost a year since I read the first book but I enjoyed this so much!

The Writing:
I really like the writing, I enjoy reading this and always want to know more. There are many POVs through this book, the times we read from Sean's POV I just wanted to go back to Seth and Natti but I understand that for the story is great to see Sean's POV but I still wanted to be all time with Seth and Natti.

The Story:
Since it has been a long time I read this, I was afraid I would have forgotten everyth
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
3.5 Stars for this second title in the series. I liked this one a lot more than the first. I enjoyed where the story and characters are going and am looking forward to the the next installment to see what's going to happen next. Full review to follow on my blog - A Life Bound By Books for the blog tour.
Carmen Giovanella Cruz
Apr 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
Freaking Excited for this!!!!
Kelsey Ketch Books: Son of Set 5 10 Mar 17, 2015 05:21PM

• Descent (Kissed by Death, #3)
  • Shadow of the Mountain
  • The Wolf of Descarta (Dream Box, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Home (Tennessee Waltz #3)
  • Shrouded (Princes of the Shroud, #1)
  • Miami Mummies (Wendy Darlin Tomb Raider #4)
  • Raven (The Legends Saga, #2)
  • The Darkness Within
  • The British Brides Collection
  • Unstoppable (The Nature of Grace #3)
  • The Thorn and the Sinking Stone
  • Hold Tight (The Embrace Series, #2)
  • Aqua
  • Echoes in the Glass
  • Tortured Souls (The Orion Circle #1)
  • Protector (Princesses of Myth #1)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Arbitrate (Daynight, #2)
Kelsey Ketch is a young-adult/new-adult author, who works as a Wildlife Biologist in the state of North Carolina. During her free time, she can often be found working on her latest work in progress or organizing the New Adult Scavenger Hunt, a biannual blog hop. She also enjoys history, mythology, traveling, and reading.

Descendants of Isis (3 books)
  • Daughter of Isis  (Descendants of Isis #1)
  • Name of Ra (Descendants of Isis, #3)
“Seth let out a heavy sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. She had a point. Constant stops would put them at greater risk, especially when it came to Natti being seen. And obviously, it wasn’t likely she’d stay in the car, even if he did ask. Maybe if he tied her up in the backseat?” 1 likes
“Her body jerked when his arm draped over her. “You have no idea how often I’ve dreamed of this moment,” Seth whispered in a drowsy voice.” 1 likes