Start by marking “En el calor de la noche” as Want to Read:
En el calor de la noche

En el calor de la noche

Después de enviudar, Maggie Fitzgerald abandonó California en busca de paz, y creyó encontrarla en la pequeña ciudad a la que se había trasladado. Lo que jamás se le pasó por la cabeza fue encontrar un esqueleto en su patio trasero... o el amor en los brazos del sexy e irresistible Cliff Delaney. Tampoco que jugaría a los detectives con él.
¿Podría Cliff mantener a Maggie a
Published February 2nd 2012 by Harlequin Ibérica, S.A. (first published May 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about En el calor de la noche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about En el calor de la noche

Start your review of En el calor de la noche
Dee
Not sure why this was linked to the Night series as no relation to others, has totally new characters and new setting.

I enjoyed it but felt ending was rushed and finished far too abruptly with no epilogue!
Somia
Gifted and renowned composer Maggie Firtzgerald moves to the other side of the country to get away from her frentic life in L.A., the home she purchases requires a lot of work, and whilst her agent thinks she’s crazy for wanting to leave L.A, Maggie is loving the peace and quiet, and enjoying the fact she is bring her new home back to life. The house and the grounds need a lot of work, so Maggie hires landscaper Cliff Delaney. Maggie’s desire for a small pond in her garden, results in her dog ...more
Kay
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Pamela(AllHoney)
Maggie Fitzgerald bought a house in Maryland and is ready to live her life her way. She hires Cliff Delaney to do landscaping around the property while she tackles the renovations inside herself. But something is discovered in the property and it is a dead body.

Originally published in the 80s. The time when jerky heroes were quite popular. While Cliff was a bit of a jerk at times, he wasn't that bad in my opinion. He just had a takeover attitude and once he decided Maggie was for him, he
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crossword
Nora Roberts never disappoints. She always seems to spin a story to keep you reading and enjoying page after page. She knows how to soon things in just the right way to keep the reader enticed to go on and on. Again she combined a mystery with a nice romance, this time actually two, love stories all worked around the mystery of a long ago murder just found after years. Another of her stories hard to put down until the mystery was solved.
Amanda
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, romance
Cliff was a little too overbearing for my liking. I wasn't a huge fan of his or the whirlwind romance here. I liked the mystery more than the romance.
Mojca
Celebrity composer Maggie Firtzgerald moves to the other side of the country to get out of her frenetic life in L.A. She buys a house and decides to have a proper garden, hiring landscaper Cliff Delaney.

While they're digging up ground for her pond, they find human bones and it soon becomes clear someone didn't want those bones to be found and still doesn't want for the truth to come out...

This book was safely middle ground. It wasn't particularly exciting (either in the romance or suspense
Brett Sorge
What dribble! This reminds me of those sleazy novels with the picture of a bare chested man in front of a beautiful women. Every other chapter was filled with Maggie's and Cliffs erotic moments. The story itself has been told many times and thankfully it is a very short book. Nora Roberts should be ashamed of herself for putting out such a pointless book.
SaN~
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, harlequin
Not like the usual NR books I read. The story is not really interesting and also not too many conflicts.
Well, for reaching my goal for this year I choose some HQ so that I can finish them quickly :P
Srivalli Rekha
I thought this was a part of the Night series until I realized I was wrong. The story is a bit too short, I would have enjoyed a little more suspense. Also, there is no epilogue.
Cliff was a little too rude for my taste though I liked Maggie. I wouldn't definitely like a man who'd behave that way in real life.
Of course, Nora is a master at writing emotions and this is no exception. Only if the book was longer with more emotional scenes and mystery.
It'd have been nice to read the gradual
JoAnne
a 3 1/2 maybe - did not like the man's perspective towards the woman. (view spoiler)
Marcie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
All Maggie Fitzgerald wants to do is finish the musical score for an upcoming film in peace and quiet. On a whim she leaves the hustle and bustle of LA and buys a 'fixer-upper' in small town Morganville, MD. As she is settling in to rural life she hires a local landscaper to overhaul her 12+ acres of 10 year old neglected land. There is tension in the air and you know sparks are going to fly between these two in typical Nora Roberts fashion. Polar opposites attract, fight desperately to deny the ...more
Tanvi
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, engrossing read...a little shorter than I'd expected but that might be because it was easy to glide from one sentence to the next...from one page to the next... Maggie and Cliff - very exciting characters, both passionate in their own ways and more alike than they could see; it was great to see them finally understanding each other and their love.. The suspense, though mild and sporadic throughout, nevertheless rounded out and contributed to their relationship nicely. It was a ...more
Jess
I am 99% sure that this is a book my mom had an old paperback of and that I read in secret as a teen before I admitted I was reading her books. Why I thought I needed to hide that I don't know, because my mom is the most chill person in the world, but I did.

Anyway, this is a really good Nora 1980s category title. Worth checking out if you want to read what she was writing before she back NORA.
Krystle
Feb 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can I give this a zero? The main man in this book borders on creepy harassment too often for me. When a woman tells you 'no' - whatever her reasons are - you back away and respect her wishes. Showing up and pushing yourself on her is simply not romantic.
Lyndi W.
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Same as the other stuff from the 1980s. Pushy, arrogant hero that gets a little rapey. Strong, slightly quirky woman that is just so misunderstood. Interesting little mystery. Purply mushy sex scenes that are overly long for being so tame.

Also, nowhere in Maryland is 3,000 miles away from LA.
Angela
Nov 25, 2015 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
25 November 2015: $1.99 on Kindle
ms bookjunkie
Nov 28, 2015 marked it as reread-it-already  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, tbr-k
TOTALLY NOT A PART OF THE NIGHT TALES SERIES!!!
Swanbender2001
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea how Nora Roberts does but she is able to entertain me, excite me, soothe me and take away my troubles with her stories. Thank you
Ash
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read
Ashley Christensen
I rarely, if ever, have read any of the reviews for these older Nora Roberts’ books. Or any of her books, period, because she’s already an author I like and can trust.
But, for some reason, I did read a couple for this book. And I braced myself, because if the reviews were to be believed, I was not going to like this one.

I was really confused when I started this one, because it was like it picked up in the middle of something. I thought maybe I skipped ahead, but no. This is really how it
Evan
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of the seven or eight Nora Roberts books I’ve read where I wasn’t sure who to trust from the jump. I may have ultimately been right, but there were enough red herrings to keep me guessing. (Roberts has about 200 more books I haven’t read, so she’ll have several more chances to surprise me.)

I loved how confident and in control (of herself, of her situation) our heroine, Maggie, is, even/especially when she’s bossy. I did not love how bossy our hero, Cliff, is. He seems a little
MELISSA
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it fascinating to read historical novels and have no problem with the time/era differences from today. Yet as I read/listen to this 1985 novel by Ms. Roberts I am flummoxed at how weird it seems. I realize I still am expecting a 2000 and newer Nora Roberts' novel. Too many differences to mention in writing and technology to note here. Still, I enjoyed the experience even though I sometimes felt cultural shock. I have determined never to listen to another of Ms. Roberts' novels with a ...more
Linda Hughes
I got this ebook from the online library, so I couldn’t thumb through it the way I could in a bookstore. If I had, I would not have chosen it. It basically was a thinly written romance book, with a 10 year old murder mystery thrown in. The characters were stereotypical: hard abs, sexy, handsome male, breathtaking and intelligent female who is rich but also somehow seems to have developed extensive home repair skills. She can’t cook because she always employed a cook, but she can sand and ...more
Katy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can you go wrong with a Nora Robert novel?

A talented songwriter-musician moves to a dilapidated house in western Maryland and finds the solace and place of being she wants. Enter a temperamental landscaper who wants to restore the lands of the farm to their glory, but he clashes with the musician with his rudeness, not with their ideas of what works for the land. Until, the workers uncover a skull where she wanted a pond.

So the mystery begins!

I either really like Nora Roberts storyline or I
Kathy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read story about a very musically talented woman who moves from the elite social circle to a house in the country of Maryland were she is a recluse. The house was vacant for 10 years and needs a lot of work inside and out. While Maggie tackles projects inside and she hires and landscaper, Cliff, to tackle the overgrown outside. Part of the outside had a gully that Maggie decided is where she wanted a pond. As work begins, a bunch of human bones are discovered. The story has mystery and ...more
Leslie Whaley
I didn't realize when I started reading this that it was kind of like a short story; that's why I gave it 3 stars. The story was good and I liked the characters but since I felt like the relationship was just a bit rushed because it was a short story,. **SPOILER** there was no reason to have a proposal thrown in at the end. She could've ended it with a short couple of paragraphs about them wanting to continue living together. Still a good read though.
Sini
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantiikka
Was this a prequel to the real book? The one that has a battered wife running for her life? I'm asking, cause I kinda got the feeling that Cliff is training Maggie to be compliant, so that when he starts hitting her, she won't leave him. In the book he doesn't like her, he won't take no for an answer, he criticises her looks, he dominates her even though she's his customer... He's a rapist and an abuser, right?
Terri Cunningham
This is a five book series so I will do one review for all five. The books are great. The characters are easy to like although at times you wonder what they are thinking. The 3rd one has an odd twist that doesn't really fit in with the series but doesn't diminish from the storyline. I would recommend all these books although not so much to be listened to as the narrator isn't the best. I almost didn't listen to the series but I'm glad I did.
Shivani
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Every chapter was filled with "mills and boon type" romantic moments of Maggie and Cliff! Was expecting a slight thrill with chill with a dead body buried near the heroine's house but well that was not the case. A complete disappointment!
Tip: If you still want to go ahead and read this book just read the dialogues between the characters and you'll still understand the story without actually reading everything.

P.S. I've read a couple of Nora Robert's and I've liked her books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
What's the Name o...: suspense romance novel about a woman who writes music /s 13 37 Aug 19, 2013 08:34PM

• Aftershocks
  • Miss Liz's Passion
“to the woman” 0 likes
“Children give a house its personality, you know, more than its decorating. They leave their mark on it.” 0 likes