Start by marking “Saga #5” as Want to Read:
Saga #5

Saga #5

(Saga (Single Issues) #5)

The smash hit ongoing series from Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples continues, as Prince Robot IV's hunt for Hazel and her parents takes a deadly turn.
Published July 18th 2012 by Image

To ask other readers questions about Saga #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saga #5

Start your review of Saga #5
sandee and her books
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ha!!!
I love Alana so much!
She's such a kickass character!!!
That is how you write a female protagonist.
Kat
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the most action packed in the first five single issues so far!
At first I was boxing up The Will thinking that he's just some other bad guy running after Marko and Alana, but this issue made me see the other of The Will and what can I say, I am liking him so far? So excited to continue with the next ones!!
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2016, manga
THANK GOD..

the bitch is dead!! :D

You got that coming for ya :D

BTW Why Will is saving the child slave??

If he is a Monster????????????????

ThankGod they both are save and the child too <3

Negativni
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Violence is stupid. Even as a last resort, it only ever begets more of the same.”
― Brian K. Vaughan, Saga, Volume 1

Dugo sam se opirao čitanju Sage i htio sam čekati dok ne bude dovršena, ali jednostavno nisam mogao dočekati. A baš mi je ovako nešto trebalo! :-)
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
I kind of think that The Will is somewhat good, I don't know but I feel like he has a good heart maybe because he really wants to you know help this kid.
Jbb Lim
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not kidding you! Sh*t is happening in this chapter. And it has a lot of action in this one! Now, this is what I'm talking about man!

A lot of sh*tty is going on in this chapter. I kid you not! Many news and negotiation caught me by surprise too and some even allows me to think... wait... what!?~

I hoped Chapter 6 is gonna tell me more! Way too many cliffhangers in each chapter already!

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

My Blogspot Review
Angela
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I have finally caught up to where I was when I (unintentionally) dropped this series when I was reading it the first time.

I still enjoy the majority of these story arcs, and I really love Marko’s development, and the way that Vaughan uses the presumably adult Hazel’s “voiceover” to move the story forward.
Julie
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
So much drama in this issue, though I can't help but feel something ominous is just around the corner. The fact that the first collected volume of this comic ends with the issue following this one just raises my suspicions. I'm excited but I'm slightly dreading it. It sure didn't take me long to get attached to the characters.
Thenia
A battle without casualties, (view spoiler), the death of (view spoiler) and the announcement of a pregnancy by (view spoiler) are events that are bound to have consequences in future issues...
Leticia
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This just made me remember a song called "Yê Yê Yê" from Rita Lee where she sings something like "The guy had a television face."
Liberty K
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wait what? What the actual fuck? That issue was a bomb!
Siobhan
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
It's extremely difficult to rate the individual chapters, therefore the following is a review of the first volume. In other words, chapters one through six.

I’ve said it before when reviewing other graphic novels, but I’m not the biggest fan of them. In fact, I mostly avoid them. However, every so often I get the urge to try another. As my last foray into a graphic novel resulted in a hidden gem, one I adored, I decided to give another one a go. Thus, I opted to dive into Saga. I have heard
Samah (The Nerdy Blogger)
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Is anyone noticing that their prince is suffering from PTSD? The guy can't control hismelf and is still reliving the horrors he had in war AND his father sent him to the heart of one! This is frustrating!
BannaAlsubeai
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Glad she is dead , Finally something good happen !
Vyara A.
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ooooh, come ooooooooon... not The Stalk!
Ginger Woods
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm starting to hate this TV head guy more and more. I know the evil spider lady was trying to kill our MC's but (view spoiler)
Stephanie Storfer
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well that won’t end well.
Raven and Beez
This series deserves ALL the love it's getting so far. It truly deserves it
pink pills and paper
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The artwork is just too amazing.
Amanda Leon
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Check out my blog Reads By Amanda for more book reviews!

As I continue my exploration and growing love for the comic book/graphic novel genre, I picked up a graphic novel that's been on my tbr pile for a while, Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples.

Saga was absolutely amazing. I discovered Brian K. Vaughan through the Runaways series, which is one of my favorite comics and Saga doesn't disappoint. The illustration and just imagination and creativity of the story and
katyjanereads
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
1. This series literally has the best covers.
2. It's like fantasy/superhero/love story/sci-fi/drama/comedy. All genres in one.
3. The art is captivating and tells a story.
4. The little side frames of Hazel's narrations is pretty great.
5. I feel like people will soon have Alana's haircut. And grow horns like Marko.
6. The guy on the toilet reading Alana's romance book. Haha
7. My heart breaks for the 6 year old Sextillion slave.
8. The last page. :( the visual was everything.
9. I love The Stalk’s
Derek
Alana and Marko dispose of the Royal Vondertank forces easily. Because of his vow not to kill anymore, Marko puts the bested soldiers in a binding spell and the two of them fly away in the Vondertank. The Stalk finds the bound soldiers and at the same time so does Prince Robot IV, who mistakes her for reaching for something and shoots her.

BKV, now why did you have to go and do that? The Stalk had just started to get interesting for me, eversince finding out her and The Will hooked up.
P. S. How
Tiffany Fox
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas Whyte
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

Latest in the excellent and entertaining series by Vaughan and Staples, though I feel a bit less enthused than by some previous volumes - most of the fun characters have now been introduced, some have been removed from the scene, and there is a bit of shuffling the pieces around the story board to get them into the right place.
Leiera Monae
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
If I didn't already flove this hero and heroine, I certainly do now. Alana got gangster by shocking the hell out of The Stalk back in #2. And now she and Marko hold their own yet again. Our family man Marko goes apeshit when his family is threatened. And Alana is there to rein him back in. Gotta love these star-crossed lovers, right?

Was NOT expecting what happened at the end of this issue. And apparently neither was The Will.

Saga #5.
Jason
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
5 Stars

This series has really taken my interest.
I love the artwork. I love the action. The characters are developing nicely.

Ghosts...

Spells....

And Lying

I love the humor and the witty dialogue. The narrations by Hazel are very cool.

I find myself retreading every page multiple times and I want to start over...awesome.

I am really surprised at the depth to the development of the characters and the world building.

I will retread them all.
Salman Nazir
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
These are best Graphic Novel
I'm not a reader of Graphic novel started last month now just wanted to read more and more of this stuff
they are short, exciting, and fun read and we can read many is short while.
Atheer Naeem
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i LOVED how they killed the computer-heads (i still dont know what everyone's called)
and yeah.. the princess is pregnant .. HOLLY SHIT .. i guess that will have something to do with her changing her husband/boyfriend's mind on killing them because she's so emotional for them right now
Clara
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
The series is still fully entertaining, although it is kind of complicated. There is a lot that happens in this volume plot wise. You also learn a lot more about several characters. There is a cliffhanger at the end that makes me anticipate the next volume even more.
Charlotte
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Saga continues to bother me with how expendable it's cast of side characters is. Too much of it is "shocking and sudden death to drive the plot forward".

• Giant Days #1
  • Fence #6 (Fence, #6)
  • Fence #10 (Fence, #10)
  • The Wicked + The Divine #2
  • Rat Queens #12
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Saga #1
  • Saga #8
  • Saga #9
  • Saga #10
  • Saga #11
“Every relationship is an education.

Each new person we welcome into our hearts is a chance to evolve into something radically different than we used to be.”
0 likes