Jump to ratings and reviews

Narcissism in the Workplace

My coworker was a narcissist. I had never encountered this kind of individual before and was unprepared for the experience that would forever change my view of the workplace. The same was true of my boss, and dealing with a narcissist provided both of us with a most unfortunate lesson in leadership.

I discovered the implications of my coworker's narcissism one painful step at a time, and that is what makes this story different. I won’t be telling you what makes someone a narcissist. Rather, you’ll walk with me through my experiences with my coworker from hopeful beginning to bitter end — the confusion, the emotions, the attempts to cope, the relief when we finally parted ways. And when it’s over, we will recap together what we learned by establishing ten rules for how to cope with someone afflicted with a narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissism in the workplace is more common than we think. When people read my book, they invariably tell me that they, too, have worked with someone like the coworker described in my story and relate their own stories of survival. It turns out that a narcissistic personality disorder is debilitating not only for the narcissist, but for everyone who associates closely with him.

If you think you work with a narcissist, then this book is for you. It will spur you to action, and it could change your working life.

125 pages, Kindle Edition

8 books

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (10%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Mireille.
476 reviews4 followers
August 16, 2018
Phenomenal book

I’m using this book to educate myself on dealing with the narcissist that I work with. I’ve found reading this book difficult at times and very emotional. I’m now going to copy the 10 rules and carry them with me as constant reminders
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.