Start by marking “Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words” as Want to Read:
Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words

Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  391 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Despite being in the limelight for over 20 years and selling nearly 200 million records, Freddie Mercury was a very private person - avoiding interviews as he was painfully shy and uncomfortable in the company of anyone who might intrude upon his famous 'royal family' of close friends. This book takes us on the journey of Queen - three academics and a frustrated art studen ...more
Published September 4th 2006 by Mercury Songs Limited (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freddie Mercury a Life, in His Own Words

Tina
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Emma Care
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cuando tienes un ídolo sigues su carrera, no te pierdes nada de lo que hizo. Cuando tu ídolo a marcado un época y es una leyenda, como Freddie Mercury, lees todo sobre él, y más cuando he utilizado muchos de sus temas, muchas de sus letras en mis novelas.
En mi caso personal es un ídolo tardío. Me encontró en mi adolescencia y desde aquella no me he separado de él. Leer este libro me supuesto acercarme más a la persona y dejar un poco de lado a la estrella, pues la sinceridad de sus declaraciones
Courtney Streeter
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Prior to starting this book I told myself I would give it an honest star-rating that was not at all influenced by my Freddie Mercury-loving bias. I swear, I did my best. But I loved the book content so much that it really left me with no other choice than to rate it 5 stars...

So, as a self-confessed Queen fanatic, I loved it. The "biography" was very well put together, despite it not actually being Freddie's composition. Thus, the "biography" was more like a series of well-grouped quotes. A lot
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tomadas de varias entrevistas que el cantante realizó durante su carrera, las declaraciones aquí recogidas descartan la anécdota y el dato duro en favor de una aproximación más honesta; a ratos dolorosa y no exenta de las contradicciones que trae la madurez. Comentando su infancia, el trabajoso ascenso musical, lo agridulce del éxito y la progresiva inquietud frente al futuro, Farrokh Bulsara/Freddie Mercury se revela en primera persona y sin concesiones como uno de los grandes solitarios del ro ...more
RoseAnn
It took me awhile to adjust to the style of this book. In the beginning, I found it very stilted and disorienting to have quotes about a common topic grouped together with nothing to make them flow together.

I wished there had been more information about Freddie Mercury's life prior to Queen.

I also wished that the quotes had been credited; who they were spoken to and especially when they were said would have helped immensely to put things in perspective.
Кремена Михайлова
"Що се отнася до любовта, никога не се контролирам и ненавиждам това чувство. Изплакал съм си очите. Външно може и да изглеждам корав, но вътрешно съм мек. Имам твърда мачо черупка, която показвам на сцената, но имам и много по-мека страна, която се топи като масло. Аз съм истински романтик точно като Рудолфо Валентино, макар че някои статии ме представят като студен човек."
Simone
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Se volete leggere la mia recensione, cliccate qui! http://ascwblog.blogspot.it/2016/09/p...
Valentina
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a reading! It's my favourite book of the genre.
Daniela
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last two chapters destroyed me.
Арсений
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Интересный опыт, до этого с биографиями музыкантов и вообще околомузыкальными текстами в таком объеме не знакомился: «500 магнитоальбомов русского рока» или там журнал «Ровесник»/Rolling Stones — всё прошло мимо меня. А тут прямо любимая группа Queen.

Хорошее издание, внятно переведенное, с глянцевой вклейкой фотографий даже. Но главная особенность книги становится ее же и проблемой. А главная особенность в том, что 1) всё в этой книге сказано самим Меркьюри, что отлично 2) это не специально напи
Amante Libri
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss you, Freddie 💙
Kirsikka71
These quotes by Freddie Mercury .....might be fantastic for the absolute die hard fans, I however dIdn't get a grip on the man.
Yue
Three days ago was the 24th anniversary of Freddie's death. What a talented artist. I loved this biography. It is different from others because there is no "he was born XX date", or "when he was a little boy, this and that happened". No, it is a compendium of interviews Freddie gave throughout his life, all in his own words.

Reading the book is like being in the same room with Freddie, he sitting on a couch, smoking his cigarette (I can't believe he used to smoke, with that voice! but he said he
Aurora
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars
A lovely insight in the life of such a wonderful human being. It shows us Freddie the way he was - creative, hilarious, loving, temperamental, strong minded, posh, sometimes cheeky, irrational and confused by life, a man that truly knew how to enjoy life and love people but had been disappointed and let down too many times. Imperfect and perfect at the same time, wonderfully human, a true inspiration and an unbreakable spirit. We will never knew the true Freddie Mercury. I think somet
Dot Gumbi
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a 5 star book, but I'll admit to being biased.

I've read a few Freddie Mercury books (as part of research for a novel I'm working on about a Freddie Mercury impersonator) but none of them came close to giving me what this book gave me - the words of the man himself.

The book is a patchwork of quotes cribbed from various interviews over Mercury's career - as such there can be a lot of repetition, which might turn off some people, but whilst many books have been written with others s
Kim
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memoir
This book runs on an assumption that you know a lot about Freddie Mercury already. I don't so I did not get as much out of this as I would have liked. I read this before a straight biography that would have given me more insight to who he was and where he came first. This book is all quotes of Mercury, published after his death,but it seems with permission as his mom provides the forward. It is a good book, but unless you area mega fan, you should read a bio first.
Sofia B
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
reading this book gives you another perspective of Freddie Mercury, you can think that only by listening queen song's you know their inpiration, and everything about them, but going through each one of the chapters you realice you didn't kwen anything.
one thing is sure, you will laugh, cry, feel emotional, laught out loud, feel arrogant, proud, it's a complete journey that could only be told by the only and unique Freddie Mercury.
Kate
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: поклонникам Queen
Эта книга хороша тем, что ее составлял не кто-то, кто был знаком с Фредди, а, по сути, он сам. Я многое узнала не только о Меркьюри, но и о Queen, о взаимоотношениях между участниками группы. Целая глава была посвящена наилюбимейшей Богемской рапсодии! Также было приятно видеть множество неизвестных (для меня) фотографий.
Фредди здесь такой, какой он есть. Настоящий.
Trish
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much as I would have liked to give the book a higher rating, and I know the authors do have a preamble explaining the context, I would have liked to have had more information on dates and times of the articles attributed to Freddie. In the absence of dates it is rather confusing at times.

Hugo
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biografias
Una biografía que muestra como era Freddie Mercury en el escenario fuera de el, el proceso creativo de Queen y los problemas con los que tuvieron que pasar, con la diferencia de ideas, los egos y los medios británicos que son destructivos.
Terri-Maree
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-these
I enjoyed this book, it was like being in therapy with Freddie and just listening to him. I learnt a lot, but also started to miss his presence. You can see my review in full here.
Donnell
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is basically a collection of quotes from Freddie Mercury during his life. It's not bad, but probably not interesting for someone who is not a huge fan. Also I am not reading the Spanish Edition. I must have clicked on that icon not realizing it was that edition.
Signe
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
quite eclectic. but i like that there is a certain chronological order which shows how his outlook on life has changed during his life. very inviting and well put together.
Marianne Søiland
Mhh.. Average at best. Bærer preg av å være sammensatt av en haug intervjuer og uttalelser til media, uten altfor stort fokus på at mye blir repetert flere ganger og teksten blir noe ... kjedelig...
Julie Moyers Adkins
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Funny, poignant. Freddi e Mercury is truly missed.
Ix
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amo a freddie, toda una filosofía de vida, ser tu mismo, arriesgarse, cometer errores, innovar y que te valga una mierda la opinión de los demás...
Ken Guest
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
Absolutely incredible - I wish I had read it sooner.
Guido Meza
muy entretenido y de fácil lectura, cuenta varios detalles de su vida que no sabía
Danny
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Не обичам автобиографични книги, но събраните през годините интервюта на Фреди ме накараха да плача и да се смея през цялото време. Благодаря! Книгата е страхотна!
Dennis
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boigraphies
We saw a program on Vibe TV on Queen highlighting Fredie Murcury and I wanted to learn more of his life.
  • Freddie Mercury

• Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Letterman: The Last Giant of Late Night
    $12.99 $2.99
“If i had to do it all over again? Why not, I would do it a little bit differently.” 51 likes
“Когато имам връзка, винаги участвам в нея с цялото си сърце. Не съм привърженик на половинчатите мерки и на компромисите. Просто не мога да понасям никакви компромиси. Раздавам се целия, защото съм си такъв.

Опитвам се да се сдържам, когато някой ме привлича, но просто не мога да контролирам любовта и тя се развихря. Твърде бързо се включвам и накрая винаги се оказвам наранен. Може би просто привличам неподходящите хора? Целият съм в белези. Но не мога иначе, понеже съм мек по душа.”
5 likes