Start by marking “Ciudad de las almas perdidas” as Want to Read:
Ciudad de las almas perdidas

Ciudad de las almas perdidas

(The Mortal Instruments #5)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  385,661 ratings  ·  18,757 reviews
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of ev
Published July 15th 2013 by Ediciones Destino (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ciudad de las almas perdidas, please sign up.
Omshi Well , I am 13 and I read this book last week.
Cat Tyler Noo!!! You will not be able to understand the plot very well unless you read the entire series from the start. I think you'll enjoy it more if you…moreNoo!!! You will not be able to understand the plot very well unless you read the entire series from the start. I think you'll enjoy it more if you read from the beginning :)(less)

·  385,661 ratings  ·  18,757 reviews

Start your review of Ciudad de las almas perdidas
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Here's the deal.. this book was SLOW TO THE BONE, but the end result was worth the SLOWNESS. It just took forever and a day to get to the really interesting parts. I definitely liked this a lot more than City of Fallen Angels. I'll admit though after reading TID, nothing will compare to the beautifulness of that trilogy.
Kiki
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shut-ins
Recommended to Kiki by: A shut-in
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

I didn't see a point to this book. Clare really should have ended her series at City of Glass. We all know that. Well, all of us who are not fans of Clare's work. However, since this book was 534 freaking pages, I figured that I should talk about a few things.

Clace
So these two are one person. I honestly don't see them as two separate characters sometimes because they are so similar and shitty. We never really get to experience these characters as themselves, rath/>
hayden
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More reviews at The Teen Bookworm!

City of Lost Souls took a while to digest. All night I could feel it in my gut like deadweight. All the subplots and characters and relationships and the fact that so much was going on made this book hard to break down.

But, finally, I woke up this morning and it all made sense. So, seeing as the book has been split into separate filing cabinets in my brain, I'm going to replicate that onto this review:

The Good:

I felt that Lost Souls was more compulsively readable than the other installments in the serreview:
The
Candace
Where I was disappointed with 'City of Fallen Angels', 'City of Lost Souls' definitely made up for it! I'm glad that I didn't hang it up after the last book and kept pushing forward with the series. This fifth book was full of action and suspense.

This time around, Jace is under the influence of Sebastian, the guy we all love to hate. Clary is kind of along for the ride, hoping she can break through to Jace. Meanwhile, Sebastian just keeps getting creepier and creepier.

For the most part, Jace s
Kitty
May 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Alec.

*sigh*

Gurl, we need to talk. No, you know what. This is not your fault. This is the author's fault. Before I go on I should say MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS!!!!!

So, I briefly decided posting a full review where I was going to talk about the series as a whole and all the characters that had these little aborted attempts at plot points. But I think it's time to come clean and confess that somewhere between here and the last book everyone else (with th
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Shelves: library
Alright, you guys were right. This one was slightly better than book 4, so I'm expecting big and amazing things from book 6!
Melanie
1.) City of Bones ★★★
2.) City of Ashes ★★
3.) City of Glass ★★★
1.) Clockwork Angel ★★★
4.) City of Fallen Angels
2.) Clockwork Prince ★★★★

“But Heaven will not help you; you know that as well as I. That is why men summon demons and not angels, is it not?”

Yeah, this is easily my favorite book in The Mortal Instruments, so far. I think one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed City of Lost Souls so much was because it is told through so many of the side character’s point of view, some of which we have never seen b/>
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
*sobs* May!?!? 2012?!? May 2012?!?
*sobs some more* This cannot be! Really! It's like....too long! Too, too long!
I NEEEEEEEEEEED THIS BOOK! How can Cassandra Clare do this to me--ahh, I mean us! I need this book, like yesterday!

I don't know how I'm going to wait this long!

*sobs, wails, bawls some more.....*
Emelie
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Update 12-05-21, finished reading: Wow. Absolutely 'wow'. Spectacular. City of Heavenly Fire, I'm coming for you...

Before reading CoLS (and this applies to CoHF as well)
How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Wait. A. Whole. Year. For. This. One? !!!!!!!!! I want it so badly, right now!

If - and it's not very likely to happen, but IF - the world ends in 2012, and this one has not come out, then I'll be so pissed that even the zombies, or demons, or Mother Nature, whatever, will shit their pants in fear of m/>Before
Soumi
By The Angel!

Do I actually need to review? Holy Hell! What am I gonna write?

“Kill me, little sister. Kill me and you kill Jace, too.”

Let’s start with the story, as it picks up, where City of fallen Angels left off, the resurrection of Sebastian. As he binds him to Jace, the two became irrecoverably inseparable, what one feels, the other feels the same, the pain, the joy everything. Jace the one Clary loves, and Sebastian the o ne she hates most, and now they are one. The clave wants to/>“Kill
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Two sides of Jace

photo cropped-jace-and-clary-shadowhunters_zpseafhdrrb.jpg

*Spoilers*

This one was much better than the last one. Lots of action. Jace and Clary still can't catch a break. Really the span of the whole series they are apart pining for each other with like a few weeks here and there that they can actually be together. Teenage angst at it's highest. I really wish she would have let them be together a li
Saniya
Dec 21, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shadowhunter
FUCK. GOD DAMN AMAZING TRAILER! I can't, I just can't breathe right now. O.O <3
"And I am going to burn down the world."
*Crying* My Man, my man. :'D

Scrolling down as usual on facebook. Lalala, nothing interesting.
*Cover passes*
lalal -Dramatic pause- "WTH? Did I jus-" *Scrolls up!*

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
If I could have won the lottery for every time I wanted to smack people in this book, I would have an infinite amount of money right now. But, I digress.

Welcome to the world of magic and twats. Just kidding :-D I love all of the characters even though I want to smack them at times.

I don't care what anyone thinks but I don't think that Simon and Isabelle should be a couple. I know it has the whole, let's everyone in the group be with someone vibe going, but I just don't see them as a couple. Ca
James Trevino
Much, much better than City of Fallen Angels. But again, it takes a while until things get going. The final chapters are great, but the middle part of the book... ugh, man, oh, man. Basically the reason why this is a 4/5 and not less is because of the ending and the chapters involving Simon.

The whole Maia/Jordan thing though was so boring and endless. It read like filler and it felt like filler. The book could also do without Clary dramatizing about every single detail in her life in every frea
Pearl Angeli
Cassandra Clare did a wonderful job once again!

City of Lost Souls, the fifth book of The Mortal Instruments series, picks up where City of Fallen Angels left off. I don't want to give anything away by describing the things that have happened here, but the series already becomes more and more interesting. This sequel is actually a much be
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 City of Bones ★★★★☆
#2 City of Ashes ★★★☆☆
#3 City of Glass ★★★★☆
#4 City of Fallen Angels ★★★★★
#5 City of Lost Souls ★★★★★
#6 City of Heavenly Fire

I’ve loved this series since the first book, but what really stood out to me in this fifth book is how much darker the tone suddenly got. It’s not just the events that happened in the book, but the world itself feels much bleaker and there’s a slow-building sense of dread, which makes sense, as our little team begins to prepare themselves for a war unlike
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
TOP 5 SNARKIEST MOMENTS IN City of Lost Souls.

description

In my review of City of Fallen Angels (TMI #4), I listed The Top 5 Angsty Issues. Now it’s time to rank my favorite part of the TMI series: The Snark. So, let’s get to it, shall we? Listed below, are the Top 5 Snarkiest Moments in City of Lost Souls (TMI #5), from least to most snarktastic. Enjoy!

#5. What Do Werewolves & Frat Boys Have In Common?

A lot, actually! AsEnjoy!
#5.
Whitney
I don't think I can even write a review for this just yet.

Oh my God. SO MANY FUCKING FEELS, I CAN'T EVEN.

PAGE 510-11. KILL. ME.

Lord, help me get through this 2-year wait for Heavenly Fire.

Photobucket
Gemma
Sep 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINAL REVIEW:

People keep leaving me annoying comments about how if I have nothing nice to say about the new Mortal Instruments books, then I "don't have to read them!" With all due respect, that opinion is wrong; I really do have to read them. No matter how much my loathing for City of Fallen Angels made me disgusted with Clare's decision to write a second trilogy, I have to finish these books. I've invested my time, money, energy and love (yes, love) into them, and that is why I keep
Bangadybangz
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow I finished this a while ago! Guess I forgot to share my thoughts...

Um... It was good? Lol
Not my favorite of the series, but I've heard CoHF is amazing, so I'm pumped to read that soon! :D
May
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
NO PUEDO MÁS. QUIERO LEER EL SEXTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Angelyn
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you haven't read the letter, here it is:

To my son,

If you are reading this letter, then I am dead.
I expect to die, if not today, then soon. I expect that Valentine will kill me. For all his talk of loving me, for all his desire for a right-hand man, he knows that I have doubts. And he is a man who cannot abide doubt.

I do not know how you will be brought up. I do not know what they will tell you about me. I do not even know who will give you this letter. I entrust
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“I never cared,” he said. “I wanted you anyway. I always wanted you.”

This book is a cliché. CoLS is one of the few books I know what will happen next. Jace was turned into a bad guy by Sebastian, and he convinces Clary to join him and her evil brother. I found out that this kind of story used to happen before, it's not a new thing to set our MCs apart with this bullshit to prove their true love. However, I still love CC's writing, it's intriguing and beautiful as always.

“I never cared,” he said. “I wanted you anyway. I always wanted you.”

“You may have the worst timing since Napoleon decided the dead of winter was the right moment to invade Russia.”

CoLS looks promising for an epic ending, in the end of this book, we'll see the event triggers something that occurs in CoHF. And for TID fans, this one absolutely connects to those three books. Although this book struggles less than CoFA, it didn't seem to hold my interest the whole time. Even it's thoroughly written, the plot and everything are likely out of control since CoG in my opinion.

“I know about parabatai,” said Magnus, an angry, dark undercurrent to his voice. “I’ve known parabatai so close they were almost the same person; do you know what happens, when one of them dies, to the one that’s left —?”

All in all, this book is better than CoFA even my feeling doesn't seem so different.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I managed to stop complaining about this book long enough to finally finish it. Although I do believe that City of Lost Souls was better than its predecessor, it wasn't that much better. I'm still disappointed in the direction that this series decided to go and I still stand by what I said before about the last three books being completely UNNECESSARY.

This series was called THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS for a reason. Three instruments for each of the three books for the first half of the series. City of Bones was about the Mortal C
shre ♡
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
funny gifs

Ok guys, the OMG's and updates had to go because the humongous length of this review. You don't have to read it all if you don't want to, lol. ;D

The official blurb:

“The demon Lilith has been destroyed and Jace has been freed from her captivity. But when the Shadowhunters arrive to rescue him, they find only blood and broken glass. Not only is the boy Clary loves missing–but so is the boy she hates, Sebastian, the son of her father Valentine: a son determined to succeed where their father failed, and bring th
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
3.5/5

So I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion... but I kind of liked City of Fallen Angels more than this? While I did still have fun reading this book, I just felt like the build up took too long. The Jace and Clary dramatics still annoyed me a bit as well.

At this point I'm just all about Simon. I wanna read his POV all day errday.

description

So all in all, I enjoyed this book but it felt really long to me. I liked the ending and literally every time Sebastian spoke I was like

Emma Giordano
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hi i've obviously read this book a million times but i'm just adding it to my "read" for this year
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.5 Golden Stars

This was soooooo good! I was wondering maybe I should give it 5 stars! definitely better than the fallen angels (tho I like that too)
I love Sebastian!
good Lord!
such a heroic thrilling battle at the end!
in my opinion, every TMI book has an EPIC ending! (actually I think it's true if I generalize it to every shadowhunters book & I love them for that!)

In every parts, everyone was in action, trying to do something, find a solution for their
Rinoa Heartilly
WHAT??? Three motherfcking stars??! is probably how those of you who know of my special relationship with Clare's books are going right now. Hell, I'm more surprised than anyone. But let me explain.

There are two facts that make me appreciate this book 10 times more than all of the other ones in the series combined:

1.) It follows COFA which is the absolute low point of the whole series. Lets be serious folks, it's close to Breaking Dawn bad. Compared to that disaster, COLS was a masterpiece.
The Infernal Devi...: Isabelle isn't a Lightwood 37 614 Nov 08, 2019 12:14PM
Favorite Book 2 5 Oct 22, 2019 10:16AM
YA Addicted Book ...: The Mortal Instruments By Cassandra Clare 39 35 Oct 20, 2019 06:21PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare 3 6 Sep 23, 2019 09:48AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question B 3 4 Sep 14, 2019 03:47PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question A 3 4 Sep 14, 2019 03:46PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question R 2 2 Sep 14, 2019 11:34AM

• Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Cazadores De Sombras, Los Origenes I
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instr

The Mortal Instruments (6 books)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
“I don't care," Clary said. "He'd do it for me. Tell me he wouldn't. If I were missing-"
"He'd burn the whole world down till he could dig you out of the ashes. I know," Alec said.”
2334 likes
“Basia coquum," Simon said. "Or whatever their motto is."
"It's 'Descensus Averno facilis est.' 'The descent into hell is easy," said Alec. "You just said "Kiss the cook."
"Dammit," said Simon. "I knew Jace was screwing with me.”
1671 likes