Start by marking “Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1)

Lexi, Baby

(This Can't Be Happening #1)

Alexis Sky Martine thinks of herself as the average girl-next-door who does what she has to do to get by, have fun and enjoy life.
She is madly in love with her sexy, drop-your-panties-at-first-sight, hottie boyfriend who is equally in love with her; more like downright obsessed. He treats her like she is his heart; like he needs her to exist; like he would do anything in
Published November 15th 2012

Start your review of Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1)
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 HEART STOPPING STARS

HOLY CRAP!!

WOW...WOW...WOW...WOW...WOW!!

This book was amazing, intense and steamy. I was riveted to the edge my seat the whole time reading it. From the opening pages you're hooked. It's a book that you can't put down. Talk about suspense, this book is loaded with it. I was sick to much stomach and I had so much nervous energy that I started twitching and pacing. It's a heart pounding, incredible story filled with alpha males, crazy females, a dash of psycho men an
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
Excuse me but..WTH ?

I mean seriously ? I had to double check to see if this book was the exact same copy of the one that received honorary 4 stars or 5,from my fabulous GR friends.....

FIRST THINGS FIRST,
I could,by no means,RELATE to ALEXIS SKY MARGARITA by ANY means possible !

Seriously that girl is just waaaay too over-dramatic and offensive for my taste...I mean for god sake,She spent the whole 150+ pages of the book,trying to decide who should win 'Lexi's man of the year' award.

a)The cheati
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Contemporary romance

Decided to start this review with one of my fave scenes between Lexi and Landyn. Check it out!

When his eyes hit mine something in them froze me in place. I promptly stopped laughing.
He stalked up to me.

“You think this is funny? Did you like him touching you?”Landyn growled. I didn’t know what to say so I shook my head.
“Take off your clothes,” he demanded.
“What?” I asked in a small voice. He ignored me and started unbucklin
BookHeroin
4.5 STARS

Lexi, Baby -> By Lynda LeeAnne

Landyn James

Alexis Martine

This book was STEAMY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wanted to read this book so bad!! i had this whole different idea about what it is!! I thought she had this perfect boyfriend who loved her, and her life was perfect, then they go to collage together and she cheats on him! YES i couldn't be more wrong!

Lexi and Landyn are highschool sweethearts. he's the hottest football player in the school. and he LOVED her!! not only highschool lov
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 Rollercoaster stars...Hold On!

description

Push up and pull down on your lap bar and hold on tight!

Lexi, Baby is a rollercoaster ride that had me gripping the handle bar the entire read. Once you’ve settled from one drop, another one is around the bend. Then there are loops and the intensity just doesn’t stop.

You may even find yourself saying the series name "This Can't be Happening" more than once.

The ride was filled with some of my favorite qualities in a book. It was straight out drama with humor,
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 STARS
I hated him with every fiber of my being. I would always love him, but I hated him with so much passion that I knew I would never be able to forgive him.

I recently fell down the KU rabbit hole and binge read on all of the books that I've been wanting to read for a few years now. This was at the top of my list. Why? The cheating. What? I'm weird like that, okay. I love me some cheating angst. But the cheating has to be written well. Like really well. There has to be a reason
Monica

This review may contain MAJOR spoilers. Be warned.

First and foremost, this was not a feel good book. At least not for me.
Just so that you can have an idea of what I went through...

There was I, prettly and naively reading this amazing book

when suddenly SHIT STARTED TO HAPPEN.

And I shit you not, my friend. It was THE BIGGEST SHIT EVER.

So from relaxed and completely happy with my life, I went to this

I just wanted to throw a bitch fit and go.

My anger towards that...hot boo-thang called Landyn was O
Hope
Mar 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I could not finish this ridiculous over the top melodramatic cliched rubbish. Thank gawd amazon gives refunds. Lexi is immature even in her mid twenties and I refuse to read any further to see when she would finally grow up. She makes the same mistake twice after whining and running away the first time. I can't see what all of the excitement about Lan is about, his character was never really fleshed out and I didn't understand him. Neither was Ryan and he was around for 2 years!. Lan was jus
~ Becs ~
I didn’t know what to expect when picking this one up. I was in a bit of a book funk and needed something to capture my imagination, draw me in and take me on a wild ride and boy, did it ever live up to those expectations. I can safely say that, for at least the first half of the novel, I had no clue what direction we were going to take and who was actually friend or foe.

We start off the story in High School – Lexi and Landyn have been sweethearts for years and they are completely in love with o
Smitten's Book Blog

Another four star read for me. It was good, but not a book that will stay with me for a long time to come.

I did love Landyn! I'm thinking that we should take bits and pieces of our favourite sexy alpha male book boyfriends, wrap them all up in a little 'How To' guide book and give them to our real life men for Christmas! What do you think? Because, I don't know where these super hot, protective, possessive, panty melting men hang out, or if there's some kind of 'SHPPPMM' club, where you go to p
Christy
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to start this book tonight... yeah, that turned into I’m going to ignore everyone/everything on my Saturday night and finish it in one sitting. It was fairly short and I couldn’t put it down!

“You’re mine Lexi! No matter what happens, you’re mine! Do you hear me?”

This story starts out with Lexi and Landyn. Oh Landyn... He screwed up in the beginning. I don’t want to spoil too much, so I will just say I loved this book! There was a lot of drama, but it was great!

Lexi only wanted to
Jenny Levine
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lan gave me a beautiful white gold promise ring. He said, “Lexi, baby, I love you. This is so damn cheesy, but I want you to have this as a promise of our life together. I swear, as soon as I can afford it, I’ll replace this with a diamond. Just stop worrying about what’s going to happen between us, okay? You’re mine Lexi and everything’s going to be fine.”

...That was Landyn's promise to Lexi up until the "incident" happened the night at a party, which broke up their perfect relationship
*Book-Lover*
Dec 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really really wanted to love this book by all the reviews I read but I just couldn't!

Firstly, I didn't connect with the strong bond of their relationship for me to root for Landon seeing as we are introduced to him after having just cheated on the heroine.

Secondly, his possessiveness was not appealing to me. I love alpha-domineering man(Hawk Delgado-Mystery Man as example) but I just wasnt feeling the way he was talking to her.

Thirdly, setting up Ryan as a villain just felt superficial

Fourthly
Gertiebee * the little book bee *

Warning - This book contains a cheating Hero and a weak willed Heroine.

I gave this two stars because, of all the red flags flapping about, which were ignored, by the TSTL heroine. I just want to clarify that I love reading about possessive alpha-male men, but only when the main female is strong willed and in control of her own life.

What I liked;

- There was some hot alpha male-take-me-now action (swoon).

What I didn't like ;

- Melodramatic plot -(view spoiler)
Ashana
**SPOILERS ALERT**

SERIOUSLY???? So many positive reviews for such a shitty plot?
This book was so not worthy of categorising as "romance". Lexi was a doormat, blinded by her 'LOVE' for the piece of shit hero. He CHEATED on her and that, dude, is so not okay! If you can't keep it in your pants then don't be in a relationship. Lan (who is aforementioned piece of shit hero) claims to not remember his bathroom-sex-encounter with a girl who according to Lexi is a WHORE!! This is ridiculous. They don't
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 ⭐'s

It was time to pull out an oldie...a book that's been in my TBR pile forever and maybe there was a reason it was left there. ~sigh~ Don't get me wrong...the story was just o-k-a-y but nothing exciting although I give it high marks for trying to be.

Actually that's not entirely true. The book has a bit of over the top drama. It starts off with Lexi catching Lan having sex in the bathroom at a house party. Naturally, she's outraged and things go progressive downhill after that.

Fast forward
Karen

Should I like this book? No.
Did I enjoy every minute of reading this book? Yes.

I sat down at 8:30pm with the intention of reading just the free sample before bed. The next thing I know it is late into the night and I had devoured the entire book in one sitting. The pace of the story was incredible and I couldn’t put it down because I HAD to know what would happen.
This review will be challenging to write because I don’t want to ruin your experience by giving too much away. There are some surpris
Catarina
It took me a lot of time to decide reading this book, because I really disliked the synopsis and when I don’t like that the book pretty much loses all interest for me. Still, it was always appearing on my recommendations and one day I found myself bored and decided to see the reviews. One amazing review totally got me and I started reading it immediately… and boy, was I missing out!

description

First let me start with Landyn. He’s an alpha-male to the core. He’s possessive, protective, absurdly sexy and st
Roksana
 photo 6f391ab9-1765-4dd2-beda-25911424d7f9_zps9d7128cb.jpg

I could not finish the book!

The fact that Landyn cheated on Lexi was bad enough..but this book suppose to be a reconciliation and reunion of both of them.....But all i got is descriptive sex scenes of lexi with that other guy she was with and reading how "fantastic her sex life was with him" A f**** turn off!!! i want to read about Lexi and Landyn not OTHER GUY!

I am not interested in heroine and OM having sex and life together...this is not what i want to read about and i am very disappointe
Lise *friends don't flag*
descriptiondescription
This book really did come out of left field and in honor of that I placed the gif of lefty C.J. Wilson on top (of this review, that is)

I am making a new shelf and it is called ‘TotallyBooked’ in honor of Gitte and Jenny. With an ever-growing TBR list of close to 200 now, I probably wouldn’t have picked this book up if not for the review of TotallyBookedBlog; once I read their review I sampled and purchased this book and did not put it down until finished.

The characters were funny, adorable, alp
Melody
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melody by: Amaryllis
What I didn't like

• I hated the way this book began (view spoiler). I didn't expect it to start like that! The author didn't even let us the time to appreciate the characters (especially the hero).

• I didn’t like the atmosphere of the book.

• Though 6 years passed between the prologue and the rest of the story, there was no character development.

• I found Lexi too weak. She should have resisted Landyn more!

• Once Landyn came back
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Lee

4.5 Stars

It happens to me all the time. I pick up a book that’s been hyped up and I’m stoked to get started. I start to get hooked… then it happens.

Boy and girl meet…
Boy and girl fall in love…
Boy and girl have conflict and girl gets her heart broken…
Boy pulls on his smoldering, sexy smile promising he loves her…
Then… DUHN DUHN DUHNNNNNNNNN

Girl forgives all and everyone lives happily ever after…

And I’m pissed off that there is yet another book where the heroine breaks for a sexy smile and swee
London
description
Title: Lexy, Baby (This can't be happening #1)
Author: Lynda LeeAnne
Rating: 2.75 stars
POV: first person heroine
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam meh
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .Yes.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

I don't know what all the fuss is about! Against my better judgment I decided to read a book knowing it had one of my major hard limi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
4.5 Stars Jointly reviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

Gitte: So this one came out of left field didn’t it Jeny, I LOVE when that happens. A new Author; a book I’ve never heard of before and then I go and fall in love! Yeah no doubt, loved this story, loved all the characters, fell in love with this Author and her effortless writing style and I CANNOT wait for the next book in this series! Pure indulgence … like your favourite comfort food!

Jenny: It sure did GG. Going into this book I knew
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
4.5 Stars Jointly reviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

Gitte: So this one came out of left field didn’t it Jenny, I LOVE when that happens. A new Author; a book I’ve never heard of before and then I go and fall in love! Yeah no doubt, loved this story, loved all the characters, fell in love with this Author and her effortless writing style and I CANNOT wait for the next book in this series! Pure indulgence … like your favourite comfort food!

Jenny: It sure did GG. Going into this book I knew
Lydia's Romance
3.5 Stars

Reread: January 2020 (first read: January 2016)

*****Major Spoilers Ahead*****

Lexi & Landyn's story:

What I enjoyed the most about this one was the secret baby trope; it gave me all the angsty feels. I also enjoyed Lexi's best friend, Trish, so I can't wait to read her book (it's a rarity that I love the BFF in romance books). Lexi's daughter, Layla, was also very likable; the only tear I shed was for her and it was from one single question she asked her daddy (oh, my poor bleeding heart)
Jessica Victoria

Steaminess: 7/10
Kellie Maddox-Ward

”Forgive, sounds good.
Forget. I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting.
---Not ready to make nice The Dixie Chicks

THE STORY

Lexi and Landyn have the perfect relationship.
She loves him. He loves her, borderline obsessed with her.
They have their life planned out.
Until he does the unthinkable and cheats on her with the school whore.

Lexi’s world changes more than she can imagine.

Jump forward a few years and she is in a relationship with Ryan the man she loves
Confused on whether to give it a try! 10 112 Apr 10, 2018 04:25AM
Lexi,baby..... What your opinion? 25 226 Oct 07, 2015 10:29AM
Buddy Read Zone: Lexi Baby 12/24 47 50 Dec 26, 2012 05:16AM

• Whatever It Takes
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
  • Love, Hate & Us
  • Reed's Reckoning
  • A Modern Love Story
  • Life Without You
  • Wrecking Ball (Wrecked, #1)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Stoned (Wrecked, #1)
  • Never Letting You Go
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1)
  • Breaking Old Habits
  • Best of my Love
  • The Ultimate Betrayal
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
Let's see... I'm a rookie romance author, passionate book lover, drama enthusiast, trouble maker & hopeless romantic. I'm a wife, full-time mother of two handsome little boys and step-mother to a very beautiful pre-teen. I also work a full-time 9 to 5. Writing has been a wonderful escape for me and I never realized how much fun it would be until I got started.

Lexi, baby is my first novel and I can

This Can't Be Happening (4 books)
  • Trish, Just Trish (This Can't Be Happening, #2)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Shannon, Boss (This Can't Be Happening, #4)