Start by marking “State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)” as Want to Read:
State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)

State of Rebellion

(Collapse #3)

Everything has changed.
After a devastating ambush that left the militia group Freedom Fighters struggling to survive, Cassidy Hart has been lucky to escape with her life.
Along with her Commander and former Navy SEAL Chris Young, she's made a shocking discovery concerning the whereabouts of her father. The militias have moved further into the mountains. And the secret tha
1st Edition
Published January 24th 2014 by WB Publishing (first published May 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about State of Rebellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of Rebellion

Start your review of State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)
Aj the Ravenous Reader

Me Before Reading

I was so excited to read this because its predecessor was really awesome. It’s ending completely intense and I expected the exact same beginning for this third installment.

Me Beginning Reading till mid reading

What happened to my snarky Cassie? Where is she? I guess constant struggle, hunger and war could zap the life out of a person. That’s probably the most logical explanation I could think of. I don’t care though. I just want her back!

Although the writing improved so muc
Summer Lane
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This one will be releasing January 24th, 2014.
I am so excited to finally get it out there and continue Cassidy Hart's story!! It was intense writing it!
Michelle
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
God has definitely blessed Summer with a truly great gift for storytelling! Review to come for release day! A-W-E-S-O-M-E

From June last year, I have been hooked as Cassidy Harts’s life in this dystopian, war torn world, unfolded before me. I think it's safe to say the Collapse Series is my new obsession. It is so very easy for me to just start gushing about everything I love about it, but I fear no amount of words would be able to do that. I find myself thinking about this series even when I’m n
S.T. Williams
Still flying through these books in a matter of hours still excited and enthralled by this story. Over the last 3 installments in the Collapse series you have seen Cassidy go from naive young girl just trying to survive, to a solider willing to fight for her life and those of the people she cares about, to finally in State of Rebellion a leader in her own right marching her troops forward holding out hope when all seems lost. And as intriguing as I have found her transformation, I still find mys ...more
Emma
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
there are just never enough pages! I feel myself planing along with the characters and before I know I'm finnished with the book and left alone with planing strategies... thank you for not making this a trilogy and just cutting it short but instead keep me hooked and missing my friends already.
Caryn
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I need book 4, like, yesterday.
Brianna
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
*I’d like to thank the author for providing an ARC of this book, in exchange for my honest review.*

As the Collapse series is one of my favorite ongoing dystopian stories, I am always excited when a new book is out. I love Cassidy, Chris, and the world in which they live. I assumed wrongly that this book would be the last in the series, but I still wasn’t disappointed in the events that took place in this installment.

After the ending in book two, I couldn’t wait to see what would happen to Cas
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
*I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

This book, much like its predecessors, is a fast-paced and gripping story. We catch up with Cassidy and Chris, who are really genuinely likable characters. The thing that makes Cassie so relatable is that when she is in the middle of some scary and potentially life-ending situations, she is both brave and terrified. In a lot of books in this genre, the female protagonist is brave, but doesn't show those signs of fear, o
Adriana
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
* I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

State of Rebellion was one of my most highly anticipated books of 2014.

This book starts off right where the second book left off. My favorites, Cassidy and Chris, are back and hoping to once and for all defeat Omega. Cassidy has grown so much from the first book to this one. She is definitely one of my favorite heroines and she proved it in this book. She is no longer a naive, just out of high school girl. She is
Ruth Silver
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia, young-adult
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

State of Rebellion is the third book in the Collapse Series. You’ll definitely want to pick up the first two books in the series before you dive into this novel. State of Rebellion is not however the final book, as State of Rebellion ends on a cliffhanger and has the reader asking more questions than those answered. I will say that some characters we’ve grown to love will die and others lives are in jeopardy. In a dystopian
Dena
This has turned to be an all out world. We still have no idea who is behind it but we get closer and closer to an idea. Harry is still pooping up and I am like dude that will be Cassie"s downfall her compassion. People are dying left and right and we still see no end in sight. Cassie has finally grown her woman balls which I am excited about because she can seriously kick ass.

I cannot wait for the next installment. This is really getting intense and I am so overwhelmed with anxiety...
Allie Rashkow
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yep, didn't take me long to get through this one either. With the fast pace, the twists and turns, the EVERYTHING...I couldn't put the book down. Actually, since I started State of Rebellion immediately after finishing State of Chaos I completely forgot that I was on the third book in the series! I love Cassidy and Chris and everyone else for that matter. The Freedom Fighters are a force to be reckoned with!
Denise
State of suspense!

That's how this book leaves you! As the country collapses around them, Cassidy and Chris team their militia with a larger force to fight against Omega's attempt to take over the US. But, someone is not playing fair, leaving them to fight for their lives without support. Fast paced, exciting, can't wait for #4!
Alyn McGee
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series

Not sure why some have given negative reviews to this series, but I love it! It is fiction, if I want reality I just go to work. These stories are non-stop, hold your breath, enjoy a good read. I love Cassidy's very real and humorous way of seeing life. Ordering #4 right now.
Ashley
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
This book was just as good as the other two. Hate that the end is a cliff hanger because I'm anxious to find out what happened to Chris! I am SO excited to read the fourth book.
Patti
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow it was amazing, gripping story. packed with action adventure and suspense. Can't wait for the next book in series.
Anthea
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fast, action-packed and well written. would love more romance between Cassidy and Chris. it's a little too tame
Kathy
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
can't wait until book 4 comes out.
Maranda Johnson
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow. these books just keep getting better and better! I gave the first book only 1.5 stars and here I am giving this one 4!!
Sandy Benton
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Another great read. Great series. Scary how this could possibly really happen. Good job Summer Lane. Highly recommended the series.
Dawn Taylor
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness

Cassidy and Chris are a force to be reckoned with. One awesome duo You feel their every emotion. The series continues as these two fight for America.
Celeste
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassidy Hart how I have loved watching you grow, change and mature. I hate the fact it's had to happen so fast but, damn girl I want to be you! Love this series!
Alma
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
4,5 stars
Kelsey van Dillen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-release
This just keeps getting better and better. Whoa the action this book has, it’s incredible!
Dave T
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another action packed novel.

I can't say enough about how great this series is. The novels are filled with suspense and plenty of action.
Holly
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First posted at Words Fueled by Love.

It's not often I find a complete series that I have to binge read it all because it's THAT good and I can't read anything else until I get this story and it's characters out of my head. That's what the Collapse series has been for me. It's so well written that the pages just flow by and the action is nonstop so you are quickly turning each page eagerly waiting to see how the characters survive through each situation thrown at them.

I ran across this series whi
Ashley Breanna
Sophie Snow
I'm flying through these books entirely too quickly. They seem so short!

This was much better than it's predecessor, but not quite as good as Book #1. Summer Lane writes action scenes like a pro. You could cut the tension with a knife! The world-building is great, too. We get a really clear picture of how the new California looks, and what the trenches are like.

The character development is still lacking here, though. The characters are developing, but we're just not seeing the process. The whole
Andrew Carlson
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the author, but unfortunately I was not able to finish before the release. I apologize for that.

State of Rebellion held my attention throughout the story which makes any read good. But the story line of this book in the series seemed to flow along without a lot of twists and turns. The story and character arcs were relatively flat, in my opinion. I wanted more highs and lows.

The plot had a lot of action which will keep readers glued to the book.

The series will continue. I
Jason
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series just continues on with great characters, a really good story line, and really easy to read. Summer Lane has done a fantastic job of writing a series that is fun to read, easy to read, and after each book, you just want the next one. Each time the series develops a little more and so have the characters. It hasn't stalled, the characters haven't grown stagnant, it continues to develop and grow.
Along the way, Cassidy is still a great character and highly amusing.
The whole series is wor
Play Book Tag: State of Rebellion - Summer Lane / 3 stars 1 6 Feb 02, 2017 09:48AM
Play Book Tag: State of Rebellion - Summer Lane / 3 Stars 1 9 Jan 19, 2017 01:23PM

• The V Girl: A Coming Of Age Story
  • The McClane Apocalypse, Book 1
  • The Waterhole
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Red Platoon: A True Story of American Valor
  • Home Bound: A Survival Story (Hawkins Family Series, #1)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Crown of Ice (The Mirror of Immortality #1)
  • Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)
  • Lawless (Lawless #1)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: Balance of Power (Zodiac Legacy, #3)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return (Zodiac Legacy, #2)
  • Outside (Outside, #1)
  • The Perimeter (Outside, #3)
Summer Lane is the #1 bestselling author of 27 hit books, including the smash-hit Collapse Series. The final installment of the series, STATE OF HOPE, released June 2017. Summer is also the author of the bestselling adventures of the Zero Trilogy, Bravo Saga, Unbreakable SEAL, Collapse: The Illustrated Guide, and Vigilante. Running with Wolves (historical thriller) was released September 22, 2017. ...more

Collapse (10 books)
  • State of Emergency (Collapse, #1)
  • State of Chaos (Collapse, #2)
  • State of Pursuit (Collapse, #4)
  • State of Alliance (Collapse, #5)
  • State of Vengeance (Collapse, #6)
  • State of Destruction (Collapse Series Book 7)
  • State of Fear (Collapse Series Book 8)
  • State of Allegiance (Collapse #9)
  • State of Hope (Collapse #10)

News & Interviews

“At last, somebody in line steps forward. “I can commit,” he says. He’s a tall, lean young man with a rifle slung over his back.
“What’s your name?” Chris asks.
“Andrew,” he replies. “And I’m in.”
Chris nods. A few other guys step forward and, after a few moments, the entire crowd of ex-POWs takes one step, signifying their decision. My chest swells with pride – pride for Chris’s leadership, pride for the people willing to give their lives to take down Omega.
It’s a rush.”