Start by marking “Rebel Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #2)

Rebel Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court #2)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
He is under her spell...

Hugh Beaufort, favoured courtier of King Henry VIII, likes his women quiet and biddable. Susannah Tyrell is neither of these things. She is feisty, beautiful, opinionated and brave. And Hugh is fascinated by her - despite himself.

Their lust is undeniable...

When Susannah pulls her most outrageous stunt yet and finds herself lost in the wilds of Engla
Published March 27th 2014 by Hodder (first published January 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Bride, please sign up.
Jane Holland Not at all, they are all stand-alone ... BUT it helps if you do because they all feature linked characters and story lines. :)

Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Forbidden love, passion, history, family.

Susannah and Hugh just belong together. It's something that's obvious in the first book and only gets more certain as the series progresses.

I loved the turmoil, but DAMN Susannah was stubborn!

This was just as passionate, if not more so, that the first Tudor Court book, and the story takes place during pretty much the same time frame. You don't necessarily have to read the books in order, but it does lend a certain something to the story when you
Naksed
Fifty shades of Tudor. DNF @40%.
Linda Sims
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER GREAT READ IN THIS SERIES

Following on from book one Wolf Bride, this time it's Susannah Tyrell sister to Eloise who was the heroine from the first book. Susannah's father is determined to marry her off to his old friend. But Susannah has no intention of marrying her fathers friend, he's too old. At just eighteen Susannah is desperate to escape, so she dresses as a boy and heads south to London where her sister is with her new husband Lord Wolf at court.

There are perils along the way and
nät
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a really enjoyable and steamy historical romance! ;)
Marc
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable caper through Tudor life in and out of court. Our heroine is a strong willed 18 year old intent on maintaining her freedom in a man's world with a man she can't get out of her head. She manages to fight to be free from his dominance while enjoying the joys he provides her eager body. He however isn't easily put aside. All this as others vie for her body, and threats of blackmail create tension all around. A book which has a feminist in search of herself in a man's world with t ...more
Moon Love
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!

The name of this series is Lust in Tudor Court and that is certainly the truth! I was looking forward to Susannah's book after reading about her a little in her older sister Eloise's book, Wolf Bride. I had high hopes for this book. While the book certainly provided a lot of heat, I felt like there was more sex (hot, dangerous, raunchy sex) than plot.

I would've loved to have experienced more of the intrigues of the court. Don't get me wrong, there was some, and it was very well writ
Michelle
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this one a little higher rating than the first book Wolf Bride because the plot was a bit more interesting and intense. Susannah Tyrell gets herself into a lot of trouble while trying to make her way to Court and to her sister Eloise. The sex scenes were not necessarily hotter. It's just that her relationship between Hugh is different than Eloise and Wolf's because they are not married so the forbidden romance adds to the intensity.

Overall: 4 stars
Recommendation: Possibly. This is a roma
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 page-turning stars.

Last night, I had planned to read Rebel Bride for review, and ended up reading through the night into this morning and finishing Rose Bride as well. To say this series is a page-turner would be an understatement.

Backtracking through events during Wolf Bride at court, Rebel Bride was quite a treacherous time to live in, during the beheading of Anne Boleyn and the reign of Jane Seymour.

I just want to mentio
Albert
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Rebel Bride by Elizabeth Moss is book two in the Lust in the Tudor Court series that began with Wolf Bride. Rebel Bride tells the tale of Susannah Tyrell, the younger sister to Eloise, new bride to Lord Wolf. It takes place during the early years of Eloise's marriage as Susannah finds herself promised in marriage by her father to a much older man who can provide for her and enrich her father. An arrangement that Susannah is determined to make sure never comes to fruition.

Hugh Beaufort, a favorit
Vikki Vaught
Vikki’s Musings

Rating 3.5 Gold Crowns

I read Wolf Bride about six months ago and totally fell in love with that book. When I saw Rebel Bride was available on Net-Galley, I immediately requested it in exchange for an honest review. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this one as much as I did Wolf Bride. While the story is as well-written as Wolf Bride, I did not like Susannah very much. One of the things I liked most about the first book was the intrigue within the Tudor court. That was another thing
Sophie (Blogger)
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having read Wolf Bride which is the first in the Lust in the Tudor Court Series, I could not wait to read the second one. The second instalment revolves around Susannah, Eloise's sister who was featured in the first book, but this time she has her own story in the Tudor Court. With Susannah and Eloise's father being a Sir, he wants to marry her off to the person who is willing to give him the most in return, just like he did with Eloise.

Although, Susannah doesn't want that, so she takes matters
Zili
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

Rebel Bride is the second book two in Elizabeth Moss's Lust in the Tudor Court series. This time the story follows Susannah Tyrell (Eloise's sister from Wolf Bride). Susannah faces a forced marriage to a much older ally of her manipulative and controlling father. Susannah has no intention of being married off and tries to escape by going on the run.

The book is set in and around the court of King Henry VIII (after Anne Boleyn's downfall). Hugh Beaufort is a favoured steward to the King and frien
Monique
This book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review. My review is below.

This was a bit of a disappointment. The plot felt thin and mostly as a vehicle for sex scenes. Aside from looks and the lure of the forbidden (and that Susannah was easy), it was hard to tell what was drawing Hugh back to her. Sure, she was argumentative and fiery but she was also an idiot. He seemed a bit too smart for her. Susannah felt divorced from her time period. Her lack of any filters and complete disrega
Clare
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This the second book in the Lust in the Tudor Court series. I had not read the first book and I didn't need to as this can be read very much as a stand alone.

I had not read any of Elizabeth Moss's books before but this wont be the last, this is the first historical that i've ever read with as much passion and lust between its pages as I would call this an erotic novel and I loved every bit of it.

Susannah Tyrell is a willful young woman that runs away from home as her father is trying to force h
J.A. Kenney
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, historical, romance
I was thrilled to see this book rise above the prior novel!

The first book, which I read and reviewed had many issues. But this book is much cleaner, and more consistent.

Tudor England is still expressed in a very accurate and very gritty way, but the characters are engaging and the story line more romantic.

A huge improvement and a well deserved 4 stars!

Hugh is a shy and conservative clerk even if he does serve the king.

Susannah is a young and impulsive woman trying to flee an arranged marriage.

Th
Sheena
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Exciting and full of Tudor court politics. I loved seeing King Henry and his wives from a different perspective.

Heroine was my shero! I loved her devil may care attitude and fierce will to own her own destiny. Even in her folly she was brave and not just a prop for an exceptionally well crafted hero to hump up against.

Dude. Read.
Shari
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love books about the Tudor Court. Some are better than others. This book REBEL BRIDE is one of my favorites. I really like Susan and how she just draws you in. Hugh isn't bad either. This book offers a little bit of everything. History,action,suspense, romance,and although it's a story about history it seems current. I couldn't put this book down. Absolutely love,love,loved it.
Krys
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Omg great characters and story and holy cow some hot scenes! Whew! I won this book from a GoodReads First Reads giveaway.
Rhiannon Root
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Trigger warning: Attempted rape

The best thing about this book is the cover. Look at this cover. It is GORGEOUS. Look at the lush detail of the clothing and the way the light plays across the heroine’s skin. LOOK AT IT.

I give major props to the artist here because that’s straight-up what drew me to the book and then made me buy it.

If only the book had been as good as its cover.

We’re in Tudor England and our heroine is rebellious, independent Susannah Tyrell. She doesn’t want to marry an ugly,
Nikita
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You don’t need to have read the first book in the series to thoroughly enjoy REBEL BRIDE. This installment of Elizabeth Moss’s sexy Tudor trilogy features Susannah Tyrell (sister to Eloise from the first book) and Hugh Beaufort (a friend of Lord Wolf, Eloise’s husband). And if you read the first book and thought Eloise was a stubborn heroine, well that’s only because you haven’t read about Susannah! She puts a mule to shame – but in a delightful, sexual tension-building sort of way.

Susannah is d
Cyndi Marie
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.5 Stars

I listened to this for the Audible Romance Category challenge and I enjoyed it.
I love a strong female lead but she protested too much for my taste. It felt like it took her too long to get it. And he was the same way, he knew he wanted her but it took him until the end to admit he loved her. This book has a lot of drama but it didn't take over the entire story. This book was like 80% sex, not what I expected from this genre.

The narration was good. I didn't notice anything specific about
Jillian
I had a really difficult time with this book. This is just my opinion, but for me, the heroine was so unrealistic in her opinions..."I'm going to be an INDEPENDENT WOMAN!" ...and so impetuous and naive that I couldn't like her at all. I'm also seeing in this series that much of the tension between the couples comes from suspicion of cheating (ick!).
Lori
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I like this book the least of the three in the series. It was painful how strong (more like stubborn and idiotic) the main female was portrayed.
Mary Kate
Oct 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very predictable

This book rambles on and on and on and on. It takes forever to reach the end. Trust me u can't wait for it to come.
Kristina
I absolutely love anything Tudor but this stretched my imagination a bit too far. It was steamy though can't deny that. Hugh is looking for a biddable wife but he can't shake his attraction for Susannah. And she is just as determined to give him everything he wants. They fight against their emotions but the passion always win out.

Henry the VIII is portrayed far differently as I have read about him in actual historical accounts. That wasn't what made me not enjoy this book, it was the lack of me
Michelle Cristiani
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By far, hands down, no contest, the best historical romance/erotica I've ever read. Ever. Maybe I'm charmed because it's set in the Tudor Court, which I have great fondness for, but beyond that, it's unique in its format, and heroine. The plot twists kept me guessing, which for romances that are usually formulaic, was refreshing. And the end, though a bit hurried, was beautiful in a new and unconventional way.

If I were going to write a romance novel set in my favorite historical period, it woul
Stephanie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Review appears on my site:

What would it be like to be a highly sexual, independent woman of the gentility in Tudor England? Well, Elizabeth Moss paints it as a rather stifling place where a woman’s happiness, safety, and even the food in her mouth were entirely dependent on the whims of the males of her family. Women were treated as chattel, and for a few, like Susannah, who would rather be independent it’s a rather dangerous and impossible place to be, s
Diana
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rftc
original post at: http://ramblingsfromthischick.blogspo...
I’ve been wanting to read Elizabeth Moss since I heard of the first book in this series “Wolf Bride.” Although I didn’t get around to reading the first book, I saw wonderful reviews for it and also for “Rebel Bride.” This was my first time reading Elizabeth Moss so I was not sure what to expect but since I enjoy historical romances I was looking forward to this story.

I have to say that the story fell short for me. I really wanted to like
AnnMarie
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Rebel Bride is the second book in the Lust in the Tudor Court series by Elizabeth Moss. I haven't read the previous book, so can easily confirm that this book can be read as a stand alone one. That said, I have read that other people think that to have read the first one will bring more enjoyment from reading the second one.

The story is set as the title suggests, in Tudor times, a favourite time period of mine, so that in itself makes the book a hit for me. The story is about a young woman,
  • Summer Secrets (Wickham Hall, #2)
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • The Bone Garden (Wesley Peterson, #5)
  • Sex, Lies, and Cruising
  • Diamonds in the Rough
  • All That Glitters
  • The Vintage Ice Cream Van Road Trip (Cherry Pie Island, #2)
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )
  • The Tribute Bride
  • Casting Off (The Canal Boat Café, #2)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Penny (Women & War #2)
  • The Poppy Factory
  • Christmas Ever After
  • Darkmere
  • Song of the Sea Maid
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)
  • Saxon's Bane
I also write historicals as Victoria Lamb, romcoms as Beth Good, thrillers as Jane Holland, and NEW FOR 2016, doggy fiction as Hannah Coates, with a feel-good Christmas novel, BERTIE'S GIFT, out October 2016.

If you have enjoyed my Elizabeth Moss stories, why not try some of my other types of books? My #1 bestselling book is GIRL NUMBER ONE (did you see what I did there?) written under my real name
More about Elizabeth Moss

Lust in the Tudor Court (3 books)
  • Wolf Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #1)
  • Rose Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be