Start by marking “Rolling Stone” as Want to Read:
Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone

(Frank Garrett #2)

A con man named Spike Reilly was dying an agonizing death in a Brussels hotel. Next door, the erstwhile sleuth and wanderer, Peter Talbot, was very much alive. And in a moment of brilliance and madness, Peter knew that he could adopt the dying man's identity and use it as his passport into a dangerous ring of thieves.

Reborn Spike Reilly, Peter followed a trail of coded mes
Published August 1st 1991 by Warner Books (first published August 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Rolling Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rolling Stone

Katrina
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first non Miss Silver book that I've read by Wentworth. I really enjoyed it. https://piningforthewest.co.uk/2017/0...
Deena
May 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, vintage
I read the Maud Millicent stories out of order, which was a bit annoying. I enjoyed them more the first time than I have when I've reread them, which is fairly unusual for me with Wentworth.
Ted Tayler
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A blast from the past!"

This book justs reeks of quality. Great plot, great characters, and great writing. If I had the time, I'd read everything the lady ever wrote.
A.M.
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, i-own
Peter Talbot was asked by his Foreign Office cousin, Frank Garrett, to keep an eye on a low life. Spike Reilly is suspected of being involved with a gang stealing valuable art in England. In the last robbery, a man was murdered. The butler must have disturbed the robbers at their task. But Garrett wants them taken down because he believes the gang is run by Maude Millicent Simpson. [she featured in Dead or Alive (Frank Garrett #1)]
She is a master of disguise, is terribly clever and utterly ruthl
Rosemary
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read all the Miss Silver mysteries and many of Wentworth’s standalone books, I’ve been delving into her other series. What’s interesting about _Rolling Stone_ is that it finishes a long story arc that carries across another series (the plot originates in _Danger Calling_ and continues in _Walk with Care_, both books in the Benbow Smith series), continues in a stand-alone novel, _Dead or Alive_), and then concludes in this book, a Frank Garrett mystery. I’m impressed by Wentworth’s flexibi ...more
Robyn
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, mystery
Early Bird Book Deal | Better than many of Wentworth's espionage books. | Still not great, but works for what it is. Obvious straight through, though, there's not a moment from the time each of two characters are introduced that the reader doesn't know they'll end up the culprits. Weirdly abrupt ending.
Louise d'Abadia
I liked the first Frank Garrett book better, though this is a enjoyable book. The writing is good and the plot is interesting, even though this is not Patricia Wentworth’s best story.
Carol Palmer
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery! The more I read Wentworth's stories, the better they get!
Jessica Howard
Sep 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-british
A fun mid-century British cozy. Starring the evil Maud Millicent Simpson as the villain, the charming Peter Talbot (with a little assistance from Miss Terry Clive) as her opposition.
Polly
Nov 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very charming and romantic and exciting.
Darcy
Nov 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Always a solid, enjoyable novelist, Wenworth's writing is somehow comforting to me.
Evelyn Brooks
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling suspense novel!

The plot is always full of twists and turns in a Wentworth mystery, and this is one of her best.
brendagosling
Feb 22, 2016
Mary M.
Dec 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Patricia Wentworth--born Dora Amy Elles--was a British crime fiction writer.

She was educated privately and at Blackheath High School in London. After the death of her first husband, George F. Dillon, in 1906, she settled in Camberley, Surrey. She married George Oliver Turnbull in 1920 and they had one daughter.

She wrote a series of 32 classic-style whodunnits featuring Miss Silver, the first of wh

Frank Garrett (2 books)