Start by marking “Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)

Sacrifice

(Gryphon #3)

Celeste Garrett has finally found a happy balance in her life as the Chosen One, thanks in large part to a certain hunky Irishman. But if there’s any lesson she should heed since receiving her calling it’s that everything can change in the blink of an eye. Soon a terrible new threat, unlike anything she’s ever encountered, causes her to make a gut-wrenching choice that wil ...more
Published November 17th 2013 by Anchor Group (first published November 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

D.
Shelves: great-series
Let me start off by saying this series is flipping amazing!!!

Knees shaking, balled fists, heart racing, brain cramping. OMW. Stacey Rourke out done herself
once again. She has added a few more characters, that are just as great! Writing was terrific!
Now there's a wedding they have to get through without chaos. Who's wedding? Nope I am not telling you!

We have things flipping from everything angle. First you fall in love with one, totally enthralled
with him and ready to see where the futures goe
Mimi Smith
Oct 19, 2012 added it
Shelves: z-ind
Review to come in the May edition of InD'Tale magazine

Quotes

“I get it! We all get it. That garbage can over there gets it! You don’t like each other. Well, big friggin’ deal! We’ve got a job to do! So, as of right now you’re gonna stop with the snide comments, and the growling, or you’re both gonna find out what a groin kick delivered by the Chosen One feels like. Got it?”

“Is the wedding back on?”
“Are you getting back together?”
“If you hurt him again I’ll break every one of your fingers and ma
Kimberly Schaaf
Shelves: reviewed-2012
Review of Sacrifice by Stacey Rourke
Reviewed by Kimberly Schaaf (member of the YATR Review Panel)

I was so honored when asked to read and review an ARC of Sacrifice. I was totally 100% wicked excited!!!

With the crazy cliffhanger that we were left with at the end of Embrace, I just had to get my hands on this book. All I have to say, is just in the first page of the book I was laughing like crazy. Totally NOT what I was expecting.

This book took me on an emotional rollercoaster. Celeste Garrett is
Sara Bree High

All righty so here is the deal. I love this series. LOVE! I mean that is someone were to try to take my books I might shank them love. It is not rational but those who know me well we know I am not a rational gal. It is all part of my charm. HA! I just have to get that out there because this is book three of this amazing series by the amazing Stacey Rourke and if you have not decided to read the books, what are you waiting for? Have you read the reviews? Ok...so onward to the review.
We are left
Crystal Clifton
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until midnight last night to finish this book. Again Stacey has out done herself in this series. I am not happy about having to wait for the next book though lol.

If for any reason you had to Sacrifice the one you love to save the world could you do it? I'm not so sure I could but Celeste has to make that decision along with saving a family member or few from deadly demons and the all mighty Countess. Friends become enemies and and enemies become friends in this Third installment of
Heather Alexander
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in return for an honest review. I hope you have read The Conduit and Embrace because Wow, this third book in the series is amazing. Celeste is back, being trained by Gnome Bernard. Unfortunately Celeste has a severe aversion to Gnomes. In the midst of training and battling evil creatures, there is also a wedding being planned. Gabe and ex spirit guide Alaina are soon to be wed. Thank goodness Celeste has Caleb,her 1/2 demon, boyfriend to keep her sane. Celeste is soon to go ...more
Melanie
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gryphon! I can not put into words how great this book is!Celeste and Caleb (:D) are in love, Gabe & Alaina are in love, Kendall and... well not so much, but you have to read Sidekick Chronicles for that one! Many things go wrong, to say the least and Rowan is left to comfort Celeste... which is wierd if you know how Rowan is... A wedding brings on all sorts of demons, brainwashing is used a little too spairingly, and someone comes back evil as all get out! All this is a formula for suc ...more
Allana Kephart
While reading:

Now:

...full review to come.
Lesley
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5. Even better than Embrace. And like Embrace, I would have given it an even higher score if there weren’t so grammatical errors.

Plot:
You may already know some of this, but I didn’t read Sidekick Chronicles. I jumped straight into this one. Celeste and Caleb are still together, and so are Gabe and Alaina. Keni’s a little down because her boyfriend cheated on her, and Alec is still nowhere to be found, but for the most part, everyone starts off happy. Then everything completely falls apart. Ce
Autumn
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Theres one thing about Sacrifice that pisses me off to no end.. ( this in no way will effect your thought of the books unless you completely agree with me.. OHh maybe we could start a petition.. ) I AM NOT IN THIS BOOK! I could been one of Alaina's "family" member (with a speaking role) or a distant Garrett cousin who totally connects with Celeste.. i couldve been there her! Sacrifice is the most heartbreaking of the series thus far.. But true to Rourkes form i smiled at every page her humor is ...more
Carl
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOL YA

Stacey Rourke offers "Sacrifice," the newest hilarious installment (#3) in the Gryphon series that features teenage hero Celeste Garrett as the Conduit. As "Chosen One," Celeste must fight demons and thus save the earth. No biggie.

Rourke's new novel features a still-reluctant hero who never asked for the job as Chosen One. But the earth needs her so she does it. What's amazing is that Celeste's physical prowess in battle can be enhanced by others, especially her siblings, whose own unusua
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads

We are left
Amanda
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*blows horn* Gryphon series fans…do you have your torches lit? Your pitchforks at the ready? Good, after you are done with Sacrifice you are gonna need them!

Wowzers! I don’t think I will ever get enough of this series. Stacey didn’t disappoint that’s for sure! I laughed, I cried, I laughed, I yelled, I laughed and I almost threw my kindle…yeah I have emotional whiplash!

We get a few new characters this book…Bernard, the grouchy gnome, we gain our own girl on fire as well as Big Mike. Lots of de
Books
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
Oh heck, I’m just gonna say it. Forget Rowan and Caleb. My all-time favorite characters are Grams and the dark army Glee Club. Yes, of course I like the Garrett siblings too and I’m definitely on team Rowan (he did save the happy couple’s day, after all), but the nerdy demons and Celeste’s grandmother is a laugh a minute…and I love books that make me laugh!

In “Sacrifice”, it is no-holds-barred action all the way, but more focus is placed on Celeste’s relationship with both Caleb and Rowan who we
Tina
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series from the very beginning and I am not surprised that it just keeps getting better and better. Sacrifice is my favorite so far I think because it proved to be a more emotional book. After reading the other two books, I found myself attached to so many of the characters and when something affects them and causes them pain, well then of course my heart aches for them. I had a couple experiences where my ugly cry got the better of me and tissues were needed.

"I couldn't lose
Claire Taylor
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stacey Rourke
Sacrifice
Book 3 in The Gryphon Series

I just can’t get enough of this series, though this is by far the most emotional! Be prepared to laugh and cry as Celeste, Gabe and Kendall all prepare for the big day – Alaina and Gabe’s wedding. As expected, demon attacks center around the wedding, and they are all pushed to their limits to ensure things go without a hitch. On top of everything, Kendall was in charge of organising the bachelorette party, and the stripper turns out to be so mu
Katherine
Sacrifice by Stacey Rourke is the 3rd story in The Gryphon series. If you haven't read Conduit and Embrace (books 1 & 2) then you NEED to read them before reading Sacrifice.
This story continues with Celeste and her brother and sister saving the world from Demons...and trying to make sure that the wedding between Gabe and Alaina will be perfect. But the demon world throws a huge problem at Celeste when it sends Titans to attack her. She can't kill any Titans without possibly killing her boyf
Autumn
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author to give an honest review.
I wish I could give this book more stars as it deserves it.

DANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG where do I even start with this AAAAAAMMMMMAZING book? The beginning, the middle, the end? It was all written so perfectly that I found myself falling yet once again with all the characters, and falling in love with the story line.

Sacrifice will have you in its clutch from the very beginning and want you wanting more till the very end. There is more ac
Bex 'n' Books
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stacey Rourke's Sacrifice is an exceptionally good read with so many strengths that are far too numerous to list. The characters in Stacey Rourke's third installment of her amazing YA fantasy series The Gryphon, continue to grow and develop in ways that constantly kept me on my toes and had me second and third guessing.

The plot development, teamed with the numerous twists, provided a fast-paced read that made it virtually impossible not to read it in just one sitting. There was always a superb
TJ
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Would you sacrifice someone you love just to keep them safe? Celeste has to make a tough choice; she has been making them on a daily basis since she has been chosen as the Conduit. With even more difficult sacrifices to make and demons that are a whole new level of nasty to defeat will Celeste survive?
And of course there is the wedding. But with the Countess and Dark Army Glee Club, around the corner will the wedding bells chime?
Yet another masterpiece by Stacey Rourke! It is un-put-down able an
Karen Toz
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I love this series, so when author Stacey Rourke asked me if I would like to read an advanced copy of Sacrifice, I jumped at the chance.

In this story, preparations are on for Alaina & Gabe's big day. There are several sacrifices throughout the story, but the main one involves Celeste's boyfriend Caleb. That's all I'm going to tell you, as any more will give the story away, but I will tell you this: Sacrifice is my favorite book of the series to date. The struggles, both
Janie
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review. ~WaAr~

I absolutely loved this book. The journey our hero's take in this book is action packed from the start. However this journey is even harder for Celeste as she must make Caleb forget her and the love that they have for one another in order to save his life. She must also fight her growing need for Rowan. Along with all this there is Gabe and Alaina's wedding to organise and get through. Will they make it???
An in the midst o
Melissa
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge fan of this series since The Conduit, and an even bigger fan of Stacey Rourke's writing style. I feel that book three is the best in the series! A little more dark, as any good series should change it up, but still with the author's usual snarky sense of humor. And now this fan is totally, head over heels, crushing on Rowan. I couldn't put the book down. When ever I read Stacey Rourke's books, I'm right there with the characters. They're my friends, talking snarky to me. The a ...more
Amy
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! OverWowed!

Three wow’s for the third book in Ms. Rourke’s series. The family, starring the gryphon battles evil, with more wit and even better banter. This is definitely the darkest of the series and extremely fast paced, making it hard to put down and even more difficult when you get to the end.
Without ruining the story, my heart pours out with the characters as they suffer the demands of living dual lives, dealing with love, family, and the pressures of being the chosen ones to
Christine
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My heart hurts. Such a gripping (& mature) love story. Both between Gabe & Alaina as well as Celeste & Caleb. Just when you think your used to demon duals, the puff of black smoke is pulled from under you. These books truly exercise your imagination and give it a kick ass work out. I wish it wasn't so short. I was hanging on every work on every page, not wanting it to end. Until next time, never trust a glee wanabee, pirate or gnome!!
Stephanie Williams
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Awesome sequel!
It offers everything I loved about The Conduit. Stacey Rourke continues the fast and fun pace of the first installment but kicks it into high gear. Full of twists & turns, I found myself saying just "one more chapter". Staying true to the first, this story ended with another cliffhanger that had me thankful that I already had Sacrifice and didn't have to wait!
<3The Wicked Reads Review Team <3
Ramsha
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
OMG! OMW!!! Stacey rourke has really outdone herself in this book!! I loved this one the most out of all her of books that I've read! Alaina and Gabe are getting married.....I cried halfway through the book when I read about what had happened to Caleb!!! There is another book after this RIGHT? RIGHT??????
Nichole McKim
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
With a new Spirit Guide how will the siblings survive?
What decision will Celeste make with her love life?
Can she keep her man alive and still do her job?
This is another fantastic read that has you guessing and right when you think you have it figured out another twist comes your way.
I will never look at a garden gnome the same way after reading this one.
Ashley
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up all night just to finish this book and I have to say that Stacey has wrote yet another masterpiece. This was my favorite one by far and I can't wait for the next. I must know what happens between Rowan, Caleb, and Celeste and even the Dark Army.
trying to be patient 3 12 Oct 14, 2012 02:51PM

• The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Origins and Impulse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #7)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Golden
  • Disarming (The Vampires of Vegas, #2)
  • Guarding Eden: A Midway Novel Book One (Hidden Wings)
  • Jack (Leech, #2)
  • Guardian (The Fallen Chronicles #1)
  • Destine (Watcher's Trilogy, #1)
  • Finding Our Way
  • From Origins (Descendant Prophecies, #3)
  • Fire Storm (S.P.I.R.I.T., #1)
  • Shadow Fire (Light Chronicles, #1)
  • Semester Aboard (More than Magic, #1)

Gryphon (7 books)
  • The Conduit (Gryphon, #1)
  • Embrace (Gryphon, #2)
  • Ascension (Gryphon #4)
  • Descent (Gryphon #5)
  • Inferno (The Gryphon Series Book 6)
  • Revelation (Gryphon #7)
“I didn't know if it was possible to kick someone hard enough to knock the cocky out of 'em, but for Rowan I was willing to try.” 1 likes