Start by marking “Honeymoon in Paris” as Want to Read:

Honeymoon in Paris

(The Girl You Left Behind 0.5)

A Penguin Special from Pamela Dorman Books/Viking

For fans of Jojo Moyes's New York Times bestseller Me Before You— an irresistible eBook-only novella and compelling prequel to her new novel, The Girl You Left Behind

At the heart of Jojo Moyes' heartbreaking new novel, The Girl You Left Behind, are two haunting love stories—that of Sophie and Édouard Lefèvre in France durin
Published June 25th 2013 by Viking Adult (first published August 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon in Paris, please sign up.
Asteropê Chronologically, this comes first. In the blurb is says: "Honeymoon in Paris takes place several years before the events to come in The Girl You Left…moreChronologically, this comes first. In the blurb is says: "Honeymoon in Paris takes place several years before the events to come in The Girl You Left Behind when both couples have just married." BUT it also says: "This enthralling self-contained story..." - meaning it can be read alone or with The Girl You Left Behind. I'd say the choice is yours. If you are wanting to read the stories as how they unfold in time, then Honeymoon in Paris is first, then The Girl You Left Behind. If you don't mind, then you could read it after The Girl You Left Behind. I don't think there's anything in this novella that is necessary to understand the novel. (less)
Jenny Faith I just borrowed a physical copy from the library. I live in Singapore.

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
This did NOTHING for me except for all the exruciating PAIN just from reading it. The best parts of this novelette are its cover (the 1 star comes for it) and the fact it's mercifully short. Otherwise, it's an assault at my nerves, (which aren't lately in the fine shape that they used to be in once). This is probably the first time ever for me not to have enjoyed even a happy end!

The plot had precious little to do with Paris. The city was mostly a backstage prop against which this unimaginably s
enqi ☁️✨ [joon's]
UPDATE - 21 May 2018: Finally about to start reading The Girl You Left Behind so I reread this book for some background! And I loved it just as much as I did the first time. 💗

------

I loved this book.

Honeymoon in Paris was a beautiful, wonderful, moving, poignant, and evocative book. (don't mind my list of adjectives) And I felt the pure emotion of it even though it only spanned the length of 70 pages.

Without any lewd descriptions or blushing, giggling female protagonists that are typically see
Jeanne
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Listened to this one on audio, it's just a very short prequel to The Girl You Left Behind. I liked it, there just wasn't that much to it. My impression of Liv was that she was kind of a whiner. I hope she is more likable in the next book. Thanks to Maida for reminding me there was a prequel:))
Aya Hamza
This novella is written beautifully, marvellous!
I didn't know this one is an introduction to the novel The Girl You Left Behind, and that made me really want to read it!

The novella is like multi-time love stories, one in 2002 and the other in 1912, but both shared the part of the honeymoon in Paris.

In the one in 1912, Edouard and Sophie were newlywed in Paris, Edouard was a talented artist but Sophie was just a normal shop-girl. Edouard fell in love with her and immediately asked to marry he
Maryam
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
خوب بود...
اما خیلی معمولی بود...یه رمان خیلی ساده و روان و سرگرم کننده...کاملا معمولی!!
پیام عمیق و بخصوصی نداشت یا اصلا نمیتونست ذهن مخاطب رو درگیر کنه...شخصیت پردازی دقیق و قوی ای نداشت...
همین!
Carmen de la Rosa
Es una mini historia, una precuela que nos cuenta las historias paralelas de los dos parejas de protagonistas del libro "La Chica que Dejaste Atrás".

Después de haber leído el libro, encontré a la precuela de lo que debieron haber sido los momentos de su gran amor, o al menos eso debería haber sido, siendo la historia contada en su período de luna de miel.
Uno de los principales elementos de esta historia es la pasión y los impulsos han sido la base de estas relaciones, y estos días las mujeres
Paria
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ۱۳۹۵
عشق دلیل کافی ای برای ازدواج نیست ولی دلیل قانع کننده ای برای ادامه ی زندگی مشترکه.
بنظرم این جمله میتونه تعریف خوبی از این کتاب باشه.به طور کلی کتاب خوبی بود.
Büşra Öztürk
Senden Önce Ben'den sonra bir daha bu yazardan okumam ben demiştim lise yıllarımda. Gece günler de kitabın filmini izlediğimde bir şekilde bakış açımın tamamen değistiğini, malum olay yüzünden aşşşşşırı romantik davrandığımı farkettim.Eh bu olay sonrasında kütüphane de gezerken yazarın diğer kitaplarına rastlayıp hemmen bir diğer çok okunan kitabını aldım. Novellası ile birlikte tabi ki. Paris'te Balayı ana kitaba geçmeden önce karakterler ve hikayelerini yedirebilmemiz için ön bilgi. İki farklı ...more
Vivian
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heel fijn klein boekje, leuk als voorgeschiedenis op Portret van een vrouw en genoten van het Parijse sfeertje. Recensie: http://thebookreview.nl/recensies/rom...
Rikke
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, owned-books
This was cute, but not overly cute. Moyes is so skilled at crafting touching romances with a hint of realism and an aftertaste of something bittersweet. Her stories are believable and the romantic aspects lies in the recognition.

Before I read the afterword, I had not realized that "Honeymoon in Paris" was a prequel. I look forward to seeing which turn the story will take in its fully fleshed out form, as I adored "The Last Letter From Your Lover", which this story was a bit reminiscent of in Moy
Maral Nourimand
در حد یک وقت پرکردن ساده و معمولی اگر در صف انتظار طولانی ایستاده اید یا در مسیری طولانی به سر میبرید. حواستان باشد چشمهایتان را خسته نکنید. آنقدرها ارزش پیگیری ندارد:دی
Purple Country Girl (Sandy)

Honeymoon in Paris is a novella, a prequel to Moyes’ full-length The Girl You Left Behind. I’m not a huge fan of short stories because they never seem to draw a complete portrait but, since I’ve had The Girl You Left Behind sitting unread on my bookshelf for over a year, I decided to see if I could jump start my interest with this little morsel. In Honeymoon in Paris, we get snap shots of two recently married women, both wondering if they’ve made the best decision. One is a modern story, the oth
Aleida Oskam
Een goede novella die leidt naar het verhaal van Portret van een vrouw. In het begin moest ik er even inkomen maar het werd toch al gauw wel interessant. Benieuwd naar de rest van het verhaal.
Catherine
May 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is the most vapid book I have every read and I am not exaggerating. It is two seperate stories about two women on their honeymoons with their husbands in Paris. One is in 1912 and the other is 2002. Both women are equally stupid, short sighted and narcissistic. The modern one moans and complains because her husband makes a business meeting while in Paris. He is an architect and wants to meet a client. SHE DECIDES THIS IS SO BAD SHE HAS TO LEAVE HIM. WHAT??? Sorry the guy is trying to make a ...more
Kulsuma
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honeymoon in Paris is a marvellous introduction to the characters in The Girl You Left Behind. Although I read this after The Girl You Left Behind, I was very interested in learning more about the couples in the story; Sophie and Edouard and Liv and David.

Sophie loves Edouard and he loves her. But Sophie wonders how long his love will last. For Liv, her honeymoon with David is not going the way she imagined. Is it a sign of what their life together will be like?

Honeymoon in Paris is a great con
Araam Bayaani
كتاب #ماه_عسل_در_پاريس

نويسنده #جوجو_مويز
مترجم # شيدا_رضايي
#آناهيتا_شجاعي
كتابي ٩٦ صفحه اي با ژانر عاشقانه است.
پاریس؛همیشه گويي در تفكراتمان، ميعادگاه عشاق بوده است .
داستان محوریت ۴زوج است كه در دو دوره از زمان متفاوت يعني ٩٠ سال زيسته و ماه عسل خود را در پاريس گذرانده اند!
"سوفی و ادوارد " که نقاش و مدل نقاشی اند، "دیوید و لیو" که دیوید مهندس است.
دو داستان به طور موازی پیش میروند وهر دو زوج به این نتیجه رسيده اند که ازدواجشان کار اشتباهی بوده است.
شاید توصیه، به باور بين زوجين و ا
Rikke Simonsen
Denne søde lille bog er en slags forhistorie til "Hende du forlod" af samme forfatter. Det var en hyggelig fornøjelse, og jeg nød virkelig begge historier. Jeg var dog lidt mere glad for historien om Liv Halston og hendes mand, da jeg bedre kunne relatere til den.

De var begge sukkersøde, og fyldt med forventningsfulde forhåbninger til bryllupsrejsen, selvom der også var nogle negative tanker forbundet med disse. Det er ikke altid, at livet er en dans på roser - heller ikke efter at man er bleve
Pardis
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
خيلي عاميانه كه بخوام در موردش صحبت كنم بايد بگم اين كتاب يه جورايي درس زندگي بود براي تمام انسانهايي كه دوست دارن طعم عشق و دوست داشتنِ حقيقي رو تجربه كنن.
ضمن اينكه از اون دسته كتابهايي بود كه دلت نميخواد حتي برا لحظه اي زمين بذاريش
Jessica
3,5/5
Tuba Sayed
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know this was a TGYLB novella, and after reading the names of the characters, I thought Jojo Moyes should come up with different character names, Man we already have so many Davids and Livs and later it hit me that they are my babies from TGYLB and was sooooo freaking happy! I didn't even know that this story existed. It was a pleasure to get to know David on a very intimate level, and Liv is the kind of character you can see yourself in. This is such a perfect introduction to The girl ...more
Mohammad beheshti
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب خوب و تاثير گذاري بود. بهم ياد داد قبل از هر تصميم بزرگي به غير اوقات خوب و خوبي هاش به سختي ها و دشواري هاي راهش فكر كنم و بعد كارم رو عملي كنم. همچنين نظر ديگران بعد از نظر من داراي اهميت هستند .
در حالي كه كتاب كوچكي بود ولي تاثير كذار.
Liza Wiemer
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have your heart broken, then repaired in Paris! Honeymoon in Paris is a winner.

Honeymoon in Paris is an engrossing novella created as a prequel to Jojo Moyes's The Girl You Left Behind. This novella is completely satisfying as a story. You won't be left hanging, which is a relief. Still, you'll be grateful that they're more to read in The Girl You Left Behind.

Honeymoon in Paris is told in alternating chapters between two different time periods in Paris.

Chapter 1:
2002: From the moment you meet Li
Tara Chevrestt
I see so many people complaining nowadays about stories being too short. But I must say...I fail to see what they're griping about when sometimes a short story has all that you need and then some.

Like this one.

It's one of those multi-time stories. There's a modern-day story and a story a hundred years before, both involving newly weds honeymooning in Paris. Each wife is confused and miserable due to some misunderstanding. Through a painting, their stories connect.

There's a moral here: too often
Andrea
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aseel
so am supposed to read this before ''The Girl you Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes :-D
Gosh i loved that story
Wish to read it again
Can't :'(
It is so emotional <3
aycicegikitapligi
Çok güzeldi,çok tatlıydı👼🏻 Ardında Bıraktığın Kadın için güzel bir giriş kitabı olmuş 👼🏻
Karen Rock
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the parallels honeymoon stories separated by over a hundred years. Yet the themes of marriage in jeopardy and the power of love to overcome these challenges is timeless and enduring.
allys_books
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Erst wollte ich nur drei Sterne vergeben, aber am Ende war es nochmal so süß und goldig..
Tatiana
До встречи с тобой, я не знал что такое счастье. ©
FranzisBuchstabensalat
Perfekt für die U-Bahn-Fahrt: kurzlebig, aber intensiv. Moyes kreiert die wundervolle rosa Atmosphäre von Pärchen in Paris und zeigt, wie zerbrechlich junges Glück sein kann. Zwei Handlungsstränge, die parallel, aber um 100 Jahre versetzt stattfinden und sich doch motivisch ineinander verflechten.

Da ich mit „Ein ganzes halbes Jahr“ nicht so viel anfangen konnte, war ich skeptisch. Aber nach der Lektüre habe ich richtig Lust bekommen, mehr von Moyes zu lesen. Vielleicht fange ich mit „Ein Bild vo
La Stamberga dei ...: Luna di miele a Parigi di Jojo Moyes 1 9 Feb 23, 2014 06:59AM
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Fast Forward
  • Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • The Debt & The Doormat
  • Ghost Flower
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • After Eden
  • The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society
  • Promises Made Under Fire
  • Hubble Bubble
  • The Promise of Iceland
  • The Worst Thing a Suburban Girl Could Imagine
  • Viajero (A Filipino Novel)
  • What Love Sees
  • At Least You're in Tuscany: A Somewhat Disastrous Quest for the Sweet Life
  • Manifest Your Millions: A Lottery Winner Shares his Law of Attraction Secrets
  • Must Be Love (Talyton St George, #2)
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar

The Girl You Left Behind (1 books)
  • The Girl You Left Behind
“I’m going to end up like my mother. She left it too late to remember who she actually was before she became a wife.” 0 likes
“Inténtalo de nuevo. Fracasa de nuevo. Fracasa mejor . Samuel Beckett” 0 likes