Start by marking “Waterfall (Teardrop, #2)” as Want to Read:
Waterfall (Teardrop, #2)

Waterfall

(Teardrop #2)

3.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,033 Ratings  ·  733 Reviews
Eureka’s tears have flooded the earth, and now Atlantis is rising, bringing with it its evil king, Atlas. Eureka is the only one who can stop him, but first she must learn how to fight. She travels across the ocean with Cat, her family, and Ander, the gorgeous and mysterious Seedbearer who promises to help her find Solon, an enigmatic lost Seedbearer who knows how to defea ...more
Published October 28th 2014 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Waterfall, please sign up.
Ashley Ferguson There should be one more book amazon says waterfall is the second book of the trilogy.
Gurleen I heard it is a duology :( no information for an upcoming sequel and besides "Waterfall" HAS an ending... even while it is... uh, different? from most…moreI heard it is a duology :( no information for an upcoming sequel and besides "Waterfall" HAS an ending... even while it is... uh, different? from most of the other books I read.(less)

Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
Rating: 1 Star

I think this book and what I'm feeling can be surmised in two words: Da fuck?!?

I literally have no clue in hell what just happened.

Like, I truly think I have just lost some brain cells after finishing that.

It’s not that this is a bad storyline or even that it’s written badly (though isn’t the best, either), but it’s the fact that I literally have no idea what just happened.

Maybe I should put a spoiler warning with this post, but, quite honestly, I don’t think the things I’m going t
2 ∞ & ➳
Mar 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
3/4/14:

HOLY FREAKSHOW-WITH-A-DOUBLE-FREAKINESS.

THIS BOOK IS COMING OUT IN LESS THAN 12 MONTHS

*WHEEZES* HOLY COWS AND HORSES AND DUCKS AND TIGERS I'M NOT READY FOR THIS

AND THE COVER!!! I'M THINKING LAUREN KATE IS A MURDERER BEHIND HER BOOKS BECAUSE THE COVERS ARE KILLING ME :O

THESE COVERS KEEP GETTING BETTER LOOKING OMG I AM FREAKING OUT

LIKE HAVE YOU SEEN HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS IT IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL EEEEKKKK

Can't wait to read it!! :D

UPDATE 7/21/14:

Apparently they changed the cover...

I mean, I love th
Michelle
Feb 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
I hate this book so much.
Vicky
Ok. Ooookaaaayyyy. My first one-star review. Let's do this.

*** WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

THIS BOOK SUCKED

It is the SECOND book in the series, meaning that by now, I should be attached to the characters. But I'm not. I don't care about Brooks, I don't care about Ander, I don't care about Cat, or Solon, or the dad, or Atlas, or Selene, or Atlantis, or the twins, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT EUREKA

I don't like her either. She's such an emo: depressing, pessimistic, suicidal
Janette
Jan 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, mermaid
What a disappointment! The first book was well-paced, great story, very well written. This was dark, weird, and hard to follow. I kept reading to see if it improved, and it never did.
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 23, 2014
And she feels no closer to facing Atlas or saving the world when Solon lets slip that love is Ander’s weakness, and that any affection he feels toward her makes him age faster.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHY?

May 9, 2015
First of all, I didn't know that the Teardrop series was going to be a duology. It's kinda stupid, I love long series, like Fallen for example.

The beginning of Waterfall was slow... It was hard to read, but slowly things were happening and it became more interesting.

When I fig
Petra
Jan 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
What the hell just happened? I don't even understand what happened in this book. First 50% were slow and boring, but after that it was like I started completely different book. I was in dilemma to give it two stars just for interesting ending, but there was too much random shit
Eric Boot
Book was quite boring, ending was awesome!
Gabriella
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay, I rarely give out bad reviews to books that I absolutely love the first in the series, so I will explain my review here but it will have spoilers after this point.

Firstly, this book had a great premise. It was expected that our lead had risen Atlantis, I honestly expected much more imagery and underwater adventure. What I ended up with was that the adventure was now about how we can undo this. They were in limbo the entire book, Atlantis not completely risen, the world just waiting for it
Steph Lam
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I felt like i was forcing myself to read this book :( excuse review if it has weird pronouns like 'you' when referring to Eureka

I was wavering between giving this book a two or a three. it was so hard to decide but I gave it a 2. though the rating is rounded up and I wish I could have given it a solid 2.5.

to be honest this book was a complete let down. I was utterly disappointed by the ending. it was horrible.
the start of the book, was ok, and that's nice. I'm sure there are people who would sa
Kara
Out of all the things I expected from this series--a robot, holograms, and experiments were not one of them. I might write a proper review for this later, but the best way to describe this sequel was weird. It felt oddly different from the first novel, and not in a good way at all. The first in the series, Teardrop felt like a pretty typical YA Paranormal, but I felt like the author didn't quite know where she was going with this one, which translated into a confused, garbled novel without prope ...more
Ruthsic
Eureka's tears have flooded the earth and now Atlantis is rising, along with its evil king, Atlas. Eureka is the only one who can stop him - but first she must learn how to fight.

She travels across the ocean with Ander to try and make sense of the dark world her sorrow has created. But dark secrets are hidden in the depths - will she be strong enough to defeat Atlas, or is her broken heart just what he needs to power his rising kingdom?

Eureka has the chance to save the world. But she'll have to
Abby Min
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book and I'm sure I will love this book even more!!!!! :) can't wait until the day it comes out!!!!! :)
By the way the day it comes out I shall buy and read it....
Lynn ಠ_ಠ
Dec 19, 2013 marked it as not-my-thing
Shelves: covers-i-love
I'll probably never read it, but damn that cover is pretty!!
Nele
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-sale
I have to say that this is probably my favourite book by Lauren Kate. It enjoyed it a lot, but I can't get around the fact that I find Lauren's writing a bit confusing at times, incoherent even.
SJH (A Dream of Books)
This is the second book in the series following last year's opening instalment 'Teardrop'. I have to say that I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first book. I got quite confused about what was going on, particularly in the second half of the story and I found the pace very slow. I put this one down and picked it up again several times before I actually managed to finish the whole thing. I am disappointed because I was so looking forward to reading it and had such high hopes about it that I f ...more
Majka Danihelová
Recenzia --> http://lyn-von-nightlight.blogspot.sk...
...
WTF?!
To čo sa tam dialo? Päť minút som na to kukala ako teľa na nové vráta. Rozmýšľam, či som tento rok čítala väčšiu kravinu, ale asi nie. Na posledné strany knihy nemám slov. Fakt. Snažím sa to pochopiť, ale moje primitívne myslenie na to očividne nestačí. Môžem oceniť jedine autorkinu obrovskú fantáziu, no aj z tej som bola pri čítaní dosť často zmätená.
A zo všetkého najviac mi liezlo na nervy Eurekino vzdychanie nad Anderom a Brooks
Amina
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I think that the real question after I finished this book is "What the f***?" I can't say whether I like it or not. I have never read something like this. This book caused mixed feelings in me, I love the first book but this one, I just don't know what happened. Where's my happy ending? Or this is a happy ending? I have too many questions, and basically no answers. I find this book a little boring but on the other side, I've never read something like this. I hope they'll make a movie out of this ...more
Vanessa
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was so far-fetched ... I don't even know how to feel about all the weirdness! How do you ... What did she ... Why would I ... Was Lauren Kate on some kind of medication when she wrote this? That would explain a lot. At first I was like 'yeah okay, weird, but maybe three stars' but the second half is just like nope nope nope two stars for you.

And I swear to you that feeling of bees crawling at the base of my skull will never leave me.
Kika
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No toto bola kravina... Jediné, čo sa mi páčilo na tejto knihe obálka. Dobre tak pár strán, ale toto bolo nehorázna nuda. Slza bola v pohode, ale Vodopád to dojebal... Vôbec ma to nebavilo čítať, iba vtedy keď som potrebovala zabiť čas a čakala som. MOmentálne mám dilemu, či si tú sériu nechám doma alebo ide kdesi het...
2,5/5
Sam
Mar 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Una delusione, che peccato, avevo delle belle aspettative!
Maddy
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
IS THERE GOING TO BE ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE THAT END, THOUGH HEART BREAKING PRETTY MUCH SUMMED UP THE WHOLE BOOK PRETTY WELL
MY EMOTIONS UGH
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I've been reading this for at least 2 weeks now and I've only managed to read 30%. I really wanted to like this, and for it to redeem Teardrop, which only picked up towards the end but it just isn't. I loved this author's previous work, however I'm just getting more and more bored with this book. I don't know what it is about this series, but I feel really disconnected and the fact that I put it down and forgot about it (reading 7 other books before I picked it back up again) means I'm probably ...more
Erin
Oct 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't a fan of the first book, however I was willing to give the sequel a go because I quite liked and enjoyed Lauren Kate's Fallen series so I 'hoped' the sequel would redeem the series for me.

Though with that being said, while the series most definitely has a unique concept and one that was quite well thought out, however I'm still not a fan of this series and to be honest with you, as much as I like the author's writing style . . . it just wasn't enough for me to like and connect with the
Rose
Waterfall was just as good as Teardrop, but also much better.

Eureka and Ander's story continues, and family and close friends get a lot more involved.

I read Waterfall in a day, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

I thought the plot was a lot better than Teardrop's one, and I was hooked the whole time. However, I read the ending in a haze, not quite comprehending what happened. (view spoiler)

Overall, I really enjoyed Waterfall, and I can't wai
Tamika
I loved Lauren Kate's Fallen series so I decided to start reading her new Teardrop series. I enjoyed Teardrop so I continued on with Waterfall but the whole time I just wanted it to end.
The whole story just really confused me. I couldn't understand what was happening and I had to keep flipping back pages so I could remember what was happening. I was just totally confused the whole time.
I also couldn't connect to any of the characters. The only thing I liked about this novel was Ander, who I wi
Naty
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Podľa GR 2. Lebo it was ok. Zase. Ale normálne 2,5.
Akože toto čo bolo? To čo tá autorka stvorila? Takmer celú knihu sa tam totálne mega nič nedialo a ja som úplne zomierala od nudy. Zbytočný príbeh, žiadny poriadny dej. Tých posledných možno 50 strán ma naozaj bavilo a nenudila som sa. Táto séria má tak úžasný nápad a potenciál a autorka ho takto perfektne skazí. Netuším, o čom chce písať v trojke, ale nech má sériu dočítanú, tak si prečítam aj tú. Ale som sklamaná.
Hannah Smyth
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
I loved the first book! What happened? :'(
I'll be honest. I just couldn't get into this book. I felt like there were so many strange and unjustified things that happened that made absolutely no sense and I felt like the ending was one of those 'and then I woke up' endings. I love Lauren Kate's writing style, but some of this just struggled to attract my attention.
Jennymort ♔ The Dark Lordette ♔ House of Slytheread
Oct 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one.
Shelves: the-nope-shelf
Please Help!!!! 8 31 Aug 14, 2017 04:13PM
How did it end? 3 58 Sep 01, 2015 10:22PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 6 Apr 21, 2015 09:51AM
All About Fantasy!: Waterfall 2 27 Nov 04, 2014 10:03AM
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
  • Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)
  • Earthquake (Earthbound, #2)
  • Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2)
  • Unmarked (The Legion, #2)
  • Stolen (Heart of Dread, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)
  • The Fiercest Joy (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Toxic Heart (Mystic City, #2)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • The Countdown (The Taking, #3)
  • Tempest Revealed (Tempest, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Let the Wind Rise (Sky Fall, #3)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of the Fallen novels, the Teardrop novels, and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her family.

Teardrop (2 books)
  • Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)
“Maybe that's what magic was - looking into darkness and seeing a light most people missed.” 9 likes
“Mortals can face many things, but they cannot face their true identity.” 6 likes