Start by marking “Painting with Wine” as Want to Read:
Painting with Wine

Painting with Wine

Have you ever thought of getting back with your ex? Why do we do things we know are not good for us? In Painting with Wine you’ll meet two men who just can’t live without each other.

Despite the intensity of their love, Jon’s and Richard’s relationship was a volatile one, so much so that domestic violence and other criminal behavior sent Richard to jail.

When Jon finds out
Published December 11th 2013 by Bettencourt Concepts

To ask other readers questions about Painting with Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painting with Wine

Start your review of Painting with Wine
TT
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Wow, this book was…crazy. It’s not a love story though I sort of got the impression it was supposed to be. I’m not sure the page count is right because SO MUCH HAPPENED so quickly, it felt longer to me! The way the story is told doesn’t exactly pull the reader in either, we’re barely introduced to Jon and given a quick overview of his life and abusive ex. We’re then thrown right into a situation where Jon has learned that is ex has escaped and Jon's seeming panic. I say ‘seeming’ because we lear ...more
Bárbara
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, that was kind of a disappointment...

It had ambition, I'll give it that. But the resolution was kind of messy and made little sense all over. I just don't know. It tried, hard, but it didn't work.
Shelley Chastagner
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This dark romance kept me turning pages. Jon struggles to deal with his feelings for his ex-husband. Richard was abusive and a criminal, but the two of them at the bottom of it all, loved each other in their own warped way. I think that Jon really loved who he wanted Richard to be, the man who appeared when times were good between them. I liked that Jon finally made peace with and forgave Richard and himself. In the end, he reaches out for Mark, the man that is good; good for his heart, good for ...more
joani
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Emotional

Emotional

We have all been addicted to the one love of our life. The one being the person that is so bad for you. You put yourself out there and do anything to be together whether it's wrong or just. They lie and manipulate you, using your love for them against you. Richard did really love Jon but he was all the above as well. Till the very end Jon loved Richard heart and soul but at some point we all realize that it's enough. We are better then this and deserve better. Jon needed to tak
Christina
Aug 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-2015
This is maybe the worst book I read so far this year. And maybe I am too hard with it, but it did nothing for me. I don't think this story is a real story. It feels like the author wrote a page and then had to think over the next step. It didn't had a real flow. Don't know how to describe it in a better way. I didn't get a feeling for the persons and the only reason I read it complete is, because it was short.
S.B.
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to S.B. by: Author
This story read like a sex fantasy that devolved into a nightmare.
Parts of this story were well written but other parts were lacking in both style and substance. I can’t recommend it. 2.5 stars.
Dan
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Some edge of your seat angst. This is a wonderful novella by Rick.
Faye K
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Mark my words (lol sorry inside book joke) this is a great mystery drama and romance gone wrong.
We all have our weaknesses they could be good or bad even if its a person. This is a great fast paced short story that you can't put down. The authors books are always good that I've read so far.
Richard was always a handful for Jon but he loved him. Richard was the restaurant business man whole Jon loved his arts and rasing their daughter, Susan. But that was five years ago.....
Jon's new life w
Garth Mailman
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This M+M Suspense Novella has violence, confinement, rough sex, murder. Jon’s abusive ex stages a prison break and wreaks havoc in his life. There are no good guys here though Jon’s sister and adopted daughter might be accounted innocent bystanders. Good editing though profanity is probably to be expected.
Debbie McGowan
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story... I started reading it this morning and had to fight to put my Kindle down. Even then I kept picking up and, oops! There goes another ten percent.

So, why four stars? There's a section through the middle that needs a bit of editor TLC, but the story itself is utterly gripping from beginning to end. There are serious twists and turns going on that are not predictable at all. I was on the brink of tears a couple of times. The emotional scenes are intense, and this is a story that is a r
Susan Anne
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’d not read a synopsis of Rick Bettencourt’s Painting with Wine, so I had no idea of the twists and turns the story would take. I assumed art would figure into it somewhere, due to the title, and I was right about that. However, I did not envision the tortuous path the hero would take on his way to HFN, which did not look at all guaranteed. Without including any spoilers, the protagonist tried to recreate his life after the disastrous end of his marriage to his BFF, but that attempt gets derail ...more
Diane
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Painful

Relationships can be about love and support as well as being destructive and harmful. Luckily most of us aren't faced with as much destructiveness, or the encompassing need for forgiveness, of ourselves and others, as demonstrated in 'Painting with Wine.'
Margaret
Shiroatama
Ken Cook
Oct 09, 2017
Rick Bettencourt
Dec 12, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tj
SueM
Dec 30, 2013
Kristan
Dec 30, 2013
The Backlot Gay B...: Painting with Wine, A Gay Romantic Thriller 5 55 Dec 04, 2014 05:22AM
I'm an openly gay author owned by his dog, named Bandit. (Hold on Bandit...I'll be right there. I'm busy!)

My husband and I recently moved from the Witch City of Salem, Massachusetts to sunny Florida where I'm now able to focus on my writing. (When Bandit isn't making me take him for walks or requesting a biscuit for the treat jar.)

In 2013, I released a book of short stories called NOT SURE BOYS wh