Start by marking “Alex (Rylee Adamson, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Alex (Rylee Adamson, #5.5)

Alex

(Rylee Adamson #5.5)

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker"

But this isn't Rylee's story.

It's mine. Before I lost my ability to think like an adult. Before my body became stuck between wolf and human.

Before I knew the supernatural and Rylee even existed. This is the last of what I remember before becoming a werewolf. . . .this is the last of what's important to me.

And the moments I fought
Published December 10th 2013 by HiJinks Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Alex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alex

Start your review of Alex (Rylee Adamson, #5.5)
Jessica Frances
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aw, Alex. So heartbreaking! This short story was a look into the beloved character that is Alex from the Rylee Adamson series. A submissive wolf who we know is fun, simple and lovable, is also a victim. He was forced into what he is now and while this story gives hope that his future might be looking up, there was something so heartbreaking watching his mind disappear. Everything that was important to him and his youth were stolen away. I seriously hope there is more to Alex for the rest of this ...more
Katy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet

Good short story showing us Alex's past and how he became a werewolf. I enjoyed seeing things from his perspective. He is one of my favorite characters.
Dragana
I always wanted to know more about Alex, how he became what he is etc. and this novella provided it. Can be read if you curious or skipped without loosing anything.
K
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yuppy doody! thinking of fang face...

Yuppy doody! thinking of fang face...

Scooby Doo has nothing on Alex, best sidekick ever. Better even, than Mouse and Mister. Great fun series, well written, well edited(Thank you!) and well thought out. I'd bet Ms.Mayer went about it like JK Rowling did, writing the ending first, then how it gets there. The heroine, Rylee has a major potty mouth but I'm sure I would too if I had her job.Good character development, like them all, love a bad guy who isn't all that/>Yuppy
Loren Weaver
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-crime
Alex is a Rylee Adamson novel short story prequel by Shannon Mayer relating the story of how Alex became a werewolf and met Rylee.

This story is told from Alex's point of view in the 24-hours after he became a werewolf. In that time, he meets Rylee and goes on his first salvage, all while trying to get a mental grasp on what's happened to him as his higher reasoning melts away.

Alex, the ever cheerful, supremely loyal werewolf sidekick, wasn't always the happy-go-lucky wolf
Katrina
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5* An absolutely delightful novella and a must for anyone who loves Alex. Told from his POV, it describes his transformation an meeting Rylee. Funny, sad and sometimes heart-breaking, it delivers a potent punch in a compact package. More then ever I want to give him a hug. Just great!
Jeanny
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This is not a stand alone book. It's great for preexisting fans who wanted to know Alex's back story.
Kristi, A Book Fanatic
Yuppy doody, me loves Alex!
karen karker
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Such a good little story that makes me want more .
Now I'm on my way to read the serif

I loved this short story now I'm going to read the series can't wait
Amy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well that explained quite a bit! ;-)
Kim
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolute must read... If you have read any of the series at all, then this short story about Alex will help flesh out what has been lacking.

Inn this short, we find out how Alex was turned, who Alex is, and the start of his crucial role throughout the series...

This short touches on Milly, Giselle, O'Shea, Charlie (the Brownie) and Diedra (who's name has popped up in the book's but we don't really know who she is.)

A total 5 star! I read this short after reading the 5th
Shelly Reddinger
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex has always been a funny favorite of mine. I always loved the way he answered people. This book dives into how Alex became who he is.

It is an awesome short story that brings the characters really to life. You get a peek at his life as a human and figure out he talks the way he does. I think I the best part is the drawing at the end that shows what Alex would!d look like.

I would recommend this book to anyone reading the rylee series. I did read this out of order and it
Donna-Dee Mullings
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting back story

I could have taken or left this story. Some backstory is necessary the more you write about a character, but for some characters it's overkill. At this point of the series, we haven't even MET Alex yet, so I found the story confusing & superfluous. Later on I may be thankful for the history of Alex's change, depending on how he's introduced. But right now, it really wasn't worth it. 4⭐ for the writing.
Amanda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great novella that gave us background on how Alex became a werewolf. I just love him. It was nice that this was told in his POV. It’s kind of heartbreaking to see him lose his memories throughout the 24 hours after being turned, but very insightful. I also liked that Shannon included a sketch. It definitely helped since I’ve struggled with what I thought he looked like!
Mary
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great character building!!!

what a fun read. It’s a great short story which gives you the background on how the character, Alex from the Rylee Adamson series became the werewolf we all adore. I wish the story was longer but that’s just because you can’t get enough of this sweet, funny character of Shannon Mayer’s. She never stops amazing me.
Sherry
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved having this small insight into Alex's world. He will always be one of my favorite characters ever written. Left a small amount of sadness in my heart in the typical Shannon Mayer style; which is why I love her books.
Tiffany
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fun surprise! I couldn’t stop with the first and literally binge read them all! Love this series! ❤ Definitely recommended 👍 ...more
katherine vanderveen
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alex is great

All the Rylee novels and short sites are rich in detail and really bring out the characters. I loved all of this series.
Amanda
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short story to give background on Alex. I enjoyed the glimpse into his past.
April
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short read. Didn’t hold my attention as well as others in the series.
Alan Araujo
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok

Cute I guess. Nice to know that she found someone to help her. However it shouldn'tbe on thekst as before priceless.
Anna Wick
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good filler
Mary
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loooove Aleeex!
Andrea Hastings
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex's story was fascinating and sad all rolled up together. I loved seeing Alex's initial reaction to Rylee and her world and his perception of her. Deidre's story broke my heart.
Mirinda Turner
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex

Really enjoyed reading Alex’s back story and how he became a werewolf and how he met Rylee. Loved this short novella!
W. Kruemmelbein
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liked it

I liked finding out how Alex became a werewolf and how him and Rylee met. I also loved the sketch of Alex. I was having a hard time picturing him.
Brenda Cosner
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great insight

Loved this short story into why Alex is who he is! I would definitely recommend and a great read before Rylee series
Sue Green
A very quick, but enjoyable read explaining how Alex came to be and how he met Rylee.
Dawn Kaufman
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sad but good

Alex's first 24 hours are touching and somewhat sad. Incredible writing, characterization, and world building, as always. A pleasure to read.
Jessica Willoughby
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book about Alex

I loved reading this book about Alex and how he turned. It was also awesome to get a glimpse into his life before
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Caged in Bone (Ascension, #4)
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • Black as Blood (InCryptid, #2.6)
  • Fire (The Elementals #1)
  • Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Palpitations
  • Mystically Bound (Frostbite, #3)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Double-Sided Witch (Covencraft, #3)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)