Start by marking “A Christmas Fling (Touchstone, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Fling (Touchstone, #2)

A Christmas Fling

(Touchstone Series #2)

A new story of romance and adventure by award-winning author, Beth Barany.

What if falling in love put the life you cherished in jeopardy?

Dahlia, a Santa’s Elf, has 21 days left before Christmas to create the best toy in the world without using magic or revealing her true identity. Stuck on how to complete the prototype, and working as a temp in San Francisco’s financial
Published December 10th 2013 by Firewolf Books (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Fling

Cyndi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An adorable Christmas romance! Dahlia is one of Santa’s Elves. She has been in CA for a year working on a toy that will get her promoted to Master Elf. With 21 days left she meets Liam. He has been a workaholic since his girlfriend dumped him. Now he needs the perfect date for the Christmas party so he can impress his boss.
She has to go back to the North Pole and he is a human. How will they reach their happily ever after?
Cute story, cute characters. 😊
Chelsey Nichols
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for holiday themed stories – though often they sucker me in and leave me with a sour taste in my mouth. That wasn’t the case for Beth Barany's A Christmas Fling: A Magical Tale of Romance and Adventure. At first I was a little concerned as to whether or not this story would fall into the same old, same old, trappings of so many others – girl meets boy; boy and girl fall in love, but can’t be together; girl sacrifices it all to get the man she loves.

I’m happy to say th
Judy
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Fling by Beth Barany
Magical Tales of Romance & Adventure Series
Dahlia only has a little over twenty days to get her special project done before she returns home...to the North Pole. She is one of Santa’s Elves and the big guy himself is her uncle. The last thing she expects is to find a human she enjoys being around in her last month in their world. She can’t give up the life she loves, not even for love itself.

Liam has been working hard for eight years and he is not going to jus
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a sweet romance that should bring joy to the Christmas season. OK, so I'm reading it in June but we're halfway there! There is nothing too 'heavy' about this story - it all moves along smoothly and with a steady pace. The characters are engaging, both with the reader and with each other. One of the things that I liked was the part where Josh was involved on a phone call from Paris. This makes it tie in nicely with Parisian Amour which is another delightful novella with the same themes of ...more
Shawntay F
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads
I absolutely loved this book. It was a nice quick holiday read. This books would also be enjoyed by the YA and NA community. I enjoyed the theme of a girl elf and her finding a little Christmas romance. As someone who normally don't read paranormal type books, I felt that it had a great story line to keep me interested and flipping pages. Liam and Dahlia's chemistry was greatly written. I have been reading some really crappy books lately and this one came right along and renewed my spirits
Wendy Strain
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was a really sweet Christmas romance. The characters are easy to love immediately and, like any good fling, the story finds a nice balance between business and pleasure. Now, if the characters could just admit that this fling goes a bit beyond just a casual thing.
Anna Serra i Vidal
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fluffy Christmas romance. Something sweet for the season. The only "problem" I found was everything was too easy. I would have wanted to see a bit more of struggle, but anyway, sweet and fun.
Barbara
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book in 2015 and life just got in the way so once I saw it again I thought you like Christmas stories let's read and am I glad I did ! I had not read anything from this Author before. I now have the boxed set of this series and # 5 in my wish list. What a sweet story!
Sophie Koufes
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touchstone Series: Book One: A Christmas Fling - Dahlia, a Santa's Elf, has 21 days left before Christmas to create the best toy in the world without using magic or revealing her true identity. Liam, an up and coming financial analyst, swore off women after getting dumped by the love of his life. Up for a promotion he needs to win the favor of his boss. His best bet is to invite the vivacious temp secretary Dahlia to the party.

This creatively written & developed novella has no plot holes. A
Laura Reading
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was enchanted with this magically sweet romance.
The female lead is strong and determined and keeps in mind what she wants and needs to make her dreams come true. She has a deadline and does not ignore that when her heart gets whisked away.
She plays by the rules and although she hesitates to ask for help when she needs it, she gives her options full consideration. And when all is said and done, she is true to herself.
Can this Elf get a total happy ending?

I was also very happy about the family s
J
Jan 01, 2014 added it
Shelves: prior-dnf
DNF. Another too cute to be real Christmas story involving one of Santa's Elfs trying to become a Master Elf and she then meets human, gorgeous, San Francisco banker that loves dogs. Someone will love this story, just not me.
Jen
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a Kindle freebie...
Liz Adams
Dec 19, 2013
Robin Barton
Jul 31, 2014
Beth Barany
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Martha Brown
Kirsti Call
Jan 30, 2017
Lisa
Dec 14, 2013
Clean Romances: Christmas in July Giveaway and Blog Hop 1 9 Jul 21, 2014 08:36PM
Award winning author, Beth Barany writes in several genres including young adult adventure fantasy and fantasy romance. Inspired by living abroad in France and Quebec, she loves creating magical tales of romance and adventure to empower women and girls to jump into life with both feet and be the heroes in their own lives.

In her off hours, Beth enjoys walking her neighborhood, gardening on her pati

Touchstone Series (5 books)
  • Touchstone of Love (Touchstone, #1)
  • Parisian Amour (Touchstone, #3)
  • A Labyrinth of Love and Roses (Touchstone, #4)
  • A Cupcake Christmas