Start by marking “Promises in the Dark” as Want to Read:
Promises in the Dark

Promises in the Dark

What began as a casual dinner with friends quickly blossoms into a beautiful friendship for Rachel Adams and Derek Williamson. In time, it will develop into something much greater than either could have ever imagined. The pair have each had their share of tragedy and heartbreak that time has yet to heal. As their friendship evolves into something much more, Rachel begins t ...more
Published January 22nd 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Promises in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promises in the Dark

Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
I loved this book so much! It was a fresh wave in my (sometimes) boring reading habit. You know, I always complain about these teenagers who can't make a decision but I read about them frequently.

Now, this book was not about them. It was about two mature adult with a little paranormal bump. Which was also freshing. And unique. And interesting.

I loved Rachel and Derek. And I'm in love with their love. It's not ordinary.
And the writing style - just wow. Impressive.

I can't wait what the next book w
Fizza
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have read a lot of books, I've read books I loved, books I cried over, books that have awed me, books I adored, books I hated, those I couldn't even stand to finish reading, in short I have had a lot of different reading experiences and I cherish them all. This book, though, was an entirely unique experience for me. I loved the writing style, the story was good two, characters were just amazing, but what made it unique was the way it flowed, so smoothly and naturally, it was simply beautiful. ...more
Julia
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! This book had me captivated from the beginning, the suspense and the unanswered questions had me turning the pages. The characters were so real to me and the story line was great! The mystery of the unknown drew me in while the bond between the characters had me wrapped up and feeling every emotion the characters had throughout the story. I actually teared up twice with uncontrolled emotions, the characters seemed to come to life and the connection they had was powerful!

Rachel fi
Amy
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book captivated me from the beginning! The characters are true to life, realistic and strongly written. Rachel, broken by her ex-husband, dealing with lack of confidence due to a failed marriage that she blames herself for. The ex-husband, Mike, is a guy who causes good guys to lose out because he's so terrible that it makes you feel all men are that way. Derek, widower, still loyal to his late wife, fighting prejudices that his father held him to, striving to live his life alone. Joanna, w ...more
Lori Hammons
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel and Derek reluctantly decide to meet as they are the bridesmaid and best man for their good friends. This is a huge step for 2 people who have had a lonely existence for the last 3 years. Is it love at first sight? Definitely at least that, but mostly something more. And something more leads to even more. Love the premise of this story.
Sherri
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is an amazing book. A great romance with a bit of paranormal. Rachel is suffering from a broken heart after her marriage gone horrible wrong. Derrick is a still trying to get over the loss of his wife, who died in a fiery car wreck. Rachel is Jan's best friend and is going to be the maid of honor in her wedding, and Derrick is Ken's best friend and is going to be the best man. Jan and Ken plan for Rachel and Derrick to meet to get to know each other, to break the ice, and secretly hoping ther ...more
Karyn
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was a really cool paranormal story. The story starts off with the main character being set up on “not a date”. The main character was getting over a bad divorce and wants nothing to do with dating.

The author did a wonderful job developing the relationship between Rachel and Derek. Both were not ready to start dating but neither could deny their attraction to each other. They did not rush into the relationship regardless of how bad each wanted to.

As the story goes on, we start to get hints o
Miranda Beazley
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review. I am a part of the Review Team @ The Paranormal Bookshelf

Category: supernatural, alien
Spoilers: NO
This is the first book in the series

Rachel is a curvy 39 year old author with a cheating emotionally abusive ex husband and a lot of trauma in her past. She can also see the occasional "see through person" in certain locations. Derek is a vet who lost his wife in a terrible accident a few short years earlier. When Rachel'
Kim Walker
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The story is about Rachel and Derek, two people thrown together for their best friends’ wedding, and little did they know that even though there were obstacles to overcome that they would grow into great friends and even more. The story follows as their relationship unfolds, but there is so much more to why they are together and why they have such a connection to one another. The story gives you bits and pieces of history that helps tie things together throughout the story. Throw in the paranorm
Dayreader Reviews
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Promises in the Dark by Princess Racena Mcconnell is a cool book that I think could fit in more than one genre. The most obvious being paranormal of course, suspense, and a great romance. It is a book that captivates you and leaves you feeling like you have new people in your life.

McConnell is able to describe her characters and situations in such vivid details, she puts the reader, in the story. Her plot twist kept me on the edge of my seat and my pages turning. I started reading this book mide
Niki Driscoll
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I was not sure what to expect from this book when I first started reading it. It jumps around from past to future and is sometimes confusing. That being said, I have to say it was one of the best books that I have read this year. The supernatural element enhances the mystery and grabs hold of the reader and doesn't let go. The underlying love story helps develope the storyline and keeps it moving along at a fast pace. This is a story that has a great deal of insite with overcoming betrayal and u ...more
Sabrina Guthrie
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A book that will play with your mind. I loved that McConnell took charge of her story and faced the dark recesses that her character was facing and not only that but breaking through the changes that this person would have to endure to face them. When two souls come together, they have to face the challenge of not only a new relationship but a huge secret life they never expected. It's a story of discovery and a story that challenges life in the general sense. I'm interested in seeing how the st ...more
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fate is strange, what if your fated for one thing, one person but don't listen and you do something else will fate wait for you?
Rachel has always been different, sometimes things happen around her and she can't explain them! Till she meets Derek it's like finding a piece of herself that she never knew she lost and together they look into a past filled with ancient wonders and mystery!! With a paranormal entity guiding them along their way!
Great read! I loved Rachel and Derek❤ they are two vibra
Caissy Boudreau
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this. You must get this book and read it. It is very well written, the characters are very complex and intriguing and the story line.......Dayum..it is amazing. I loved every aspect of this book. i will follow, stalk this author for her future works. Grab your copy today....You will not be disappointed.
Shelly Conner
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book! Easy to read, hard to put down! By the time I finished it I felt as though I knew the characters personally! I can not wait to see what happens in the sequel!
I highly recommend this book! A fresh new author: smart, witty, with fresh new ideas and an amazing story line! If your looking for something new.... Untapped soil!!! Grab this book!
Mary Ebert
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was true to life. Which means you where never sure where this book was headed or how it all tied into each other until the final chapter. I liked this book and would like to see more in this series now that the premise is set.
Genevieve Scholl
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lately, I've been finding it hard to find books that's keep my interest enough to finish without force. This book changed that. It was amazing and well worth all the good reviews. Very talented author and story teller. I cannot wait for book 2!
Leann Frantz
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. keep up the great work. can't wait for the next one.
Angie Whitehead
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read from an amazing new author! Great story line and well written with strong characters. You will be hooked from the beginning!
Jan Ostler
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Sherry Cologie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible and left me looking forward to the sequel.
Rikki Tidquist
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written

This is a very well written book. It's intense and keeps you interested. Getting ready to read the next one now. Thank you For sharing with is
Jamie Turner-norton
Feb 11, 2014
Tonya
Dec 09, 2015
Carrina Cox
Apr 26, 2017
Sassy Bama Girl
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not my normal genre, but it was still pretty good! I was glad to read something different.
Christina