Start by marking “Pinked (Book Two of the Pierced Series)” as Want to Read:
Pinked (Book Two of the Pierced Series)

Pinked

(Pierced #3)

Negotiating the relentless pull of the mate bond is tough. Especially when one is still traumatized by memories of childhood sexual abuse and the other point blank refuses to acknowledge (out loud at least) that there is a mate bond at all.

While Pierce tries to deal with the aftereffects of her new and "unpierced" self, Lucas relives the week leading up to that fateful n

Published December 6th 2013 by J. C. Mells (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pinked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinked

So, I Read This Book Today
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy, paranormal
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: J. C. Mells
Take a pinch of Othello, throw in a heaping handful of Mildred Pierce and a big splash of Jack Kerouack. Serve with a blast of What It’s Like by Everlast. Stir well and serve with a side of desperate hope. Just read it. – Me.

These were my final words in my review of Pierced the first volume in J. C. Mells Pierced series. I raved and carried on about Pierced – it’s depth, storyline, amazing characters and creative twists. I loved it, and I hope you got a chance to love it too.

The second volume of
Jacque
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YES! YES! YES! I love this book! Pinked is such a wild ride this is going to be a hard review to write. I just want to gush over everything but I can’t without doing spoilers so I’ll give it a shot.

My favorite character from the series is still Pierce but Lucas is coming in for a VERY close second. The whole story reads like peeling an onion, so many layers are revealed about each character. The story line starts with a bit of history from Lucas’ point a view that gives quite a ‘Oh I get it now’
Tessa
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So great and not a boring middle book. There were a ton of changes, especially what happened at the end of the last. I was laughing at some parts, especially a fight scene discussing piercings. I wanted to bash Pink's head in a few times for being dumb, and I loved how his stubbornness came to bite him. Loved it.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
OMG!! I am completely SPEECHLESS!! JC Mells outdid herself with this one!!
So, I Read This Book Today
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The second volume of
Christina
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HUBBA HUBBA!!! Wow!!! Um...WOW!!!

I just, can't form the words that need to be said without giving away anything. Ok, let's just say that the anticipation is well worth the wait. Holy cow, did I say damn sexy yet?

Pierce is awesome, but Lucas (Pink) is just too damn tempting. Besides the romantic portion of this story, I really love the paranormal stuff going on too. How creative. I actually feel like a Residency may even exist. Yep, I'm hooked!
Cheryl M-M
To really understand Pinked I suggest reading Pierced and Escaped. Pierced is dark and gritty story told by Pierce herself and Escaped is the add-on novella telling the story from Oscar's point of view.
Although the first two are told through the eyes of individual characters I was surprised that Mells chose to do the same thing in this book. Instead of leading us straight into the story following on from book 1 the author takes us back to the beginning. So we get all the info and scenes from the
Monica
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Keep them coming is all I have to say. Must read Pierced and Escaped before you read Pinked, but MAN OH MAN, you won't be sorry if you do. Great book and the ending, OMG shocked me. I was so glad I already had the 4th book ready to read...I immediately started in on it. I love the characters and the storeline is awesome. I will be so sad when I am done with the 4th book. GREAT SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be so sad when I am finished with this series. I just love the characters
Lisa Gemmell
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, loved pink's pov and pierced. Story was action packed and paranormal to boot. If you love those combinations then you will love this series,also there is some crushing going on but you need to read it to know what you are in for. It was worth sleep deprivation and holding your breathe wondering what the hell is going to happen next, what ticks me is now I have to wait for the next one to come out grrrrrrrr. That one was for you (the Pierced girls)
Hayley Jackson
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Totally loving the Pierced series! Pinked is the 3rd book, and really develops the storyline and characters . Brilliant twists and turns throughout.
Gripping and exciting, this is a great read!
Brandi
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series!! This is one series that has more twists with each book! I couldn't stop reading!! Can't wait to read the next one!!
Nancie
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was such a thrill just like the others in the series. I can't wait for the next one
Debbie
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure how to review without giving things away. You seriously have to read this series to understand. Whilst Pierce is brilliant Lucas is far better..... he is just "sigh"......

Pierce is coming to terms with being un-pierced and the challenges that this means (read you will understand), Lucas is also ruminating and beating his chest. This is told in stages as he flashes backwards in his storyline.

There are no characters in this novel that don't belong there, they have all earned their space b
Shannon Hutcheson
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, weres
I thought the first book of this series was pretty amazing, but this second one kicked ass and took a whole slew of names in the process. As another commenter already said, the story unfolds like the peeling of an onion - in fantastic layers of tart yumminess. There is action, a wee bit of romance (in the making!) and some fantastically believable, lovable, if whacky, well-rounded characters.

The story started in the first book with some decent back telling, but more tidbits unfold as this book
Naomi
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

After reading Pierced, the first book in this series, I was super keen to continue the story to see how Pierce has adapted to the changes. Her whole world has flipped upsidedown and she has been through so much that I wanted to know more. Part I of Pinked is (mostly) Lucas’ POV from the first book. It kind of skims over the first book and recaps most of the important parts that occurred. Part II is all new material and the POV’s change between Pierce and Lucas.

Pierce is still as strange
Katzkeeper
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, if you haven't read PIERCED, do yourself a favor: buy it right now and read it! Then, immediately purchase ESCAPED and read it too. Although it is a novella, it adds so much depth to the story and characters, it is a "must read" for fans of this series. Then, and only then, buy PINKED and get ready to be taken on a journey that explores new facets of existing characters and introduces us to a slew of new characters that we either love or hate. There's really no middle ground here and no s ...more
Kelli
Shelves: reviews
OK, so to be honest it is going to be so hard to review this without any spoilers, but I will so try! The only thing I know for sure after reading this book is that I am for sure making fried chicken this weekend! LOL
As with the other books in the series, Pinked is thorough, deep, and heartfelt. I enjoyed the author's use of humor and wit, and found myself lost in the pages. I absolutely love the characters, with all their flaws and quirks.

So, Pinked was full of surprises! And although I was c
Sharon Stevenson
‘Pinked’ is the second novel and third book in the Pierced series, following Pierce as she runs from her past and does everything in her power to keep ten-year-old Mia safe. Having learned of her heritage and now facing the future as a werewolf, Peirce’s journey is altered and Lucas Balak (aka Pink) must face up to his past and try to figure out his feelings for Peirce.

Okay, this book was just as amazing as the others, if not more so. At the start I was tearing my hair out because the story went
Tina
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will start with the positives. Ms. Mells is a good storyteller. The fact she made me a fan of anything to do with Vamps and Weres is quite a feat! I hope the next installment comes soon, as I hate the whole cliffhanger thing.

The negatives are the first third of the book being too long, rehashing much more than needed and again, the "pronoun thing" is wearing on me.
This is a suggestion for those who are editing for Ms. Mells.

The misspellings of words or
E.A.
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-digital
I love this book. I loved Pierced. (Read Pierced first!) I love getting to see everything from the "love interest's" point of view as well. (Yeah, those air quotes are for you, Pierce.) I love each and every character so much that I'm happy to sit around with them while they're just talking (read exposition-ing). I love what happens to Pierce and how she develops as a character. I love the range of cultural references. (Beowulf! Yes!) I love how alive and edgy the book is. I love how the plot do ...more
Brandy
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, first of all I love the cover! Nice. Secondly, if you haven't read Pierced, do so now! It is really good and the first book in the series. Pinked is an awesome book. You get both Pierce and Lucas's point of view. I really liked getting to see how he sees things. In this installment of the Pierced series, a lot things go down. But of course I'm not gonna spoil it for everyone who hasn't read it. Just know that it is definitely worth reading and will leave you wanting more. I couldn't put it d ...more
Sharlene
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving the Pierced series.
Pierce has had to be "changed" in order to save her life, when she eventually comes to terms with her new life she finds she is calmer and stronger mentally as well as physically.
She starts to tell the people around her what happened to her in the vampire compound and with what Dorian did to her.
Pierce and Lucas (pink) are finally accepting each other, they have this connection and through this connection Lucas saves Pierces life.
A brilliant read and can't wait t
Angela Cabay
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I finished Pierced(#1 in the Pierced. series), I was anxiously awaiting book #2. I, of course, was not disappointed!! I love this book just as much if not more than book #1. I have fallen in love with the characters, the storyline, and the overall way the book is written! I probably could write paragraphs of a positive review about this book, but I will leave you with a final thought of... "I really really really really can't wait for the next book! "
Patricia Burleson
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great

This is a great book. This is my third in the series and I loved it. The characters are so strong the story line is fantastic. It has action, magic, werewolves, friendships,and love. I loved that when you are reading what the main character is cooking you find out how to make it and she cooks up some good food. Anyway I loved this book and highly recommend it get your copy and enjoy reading.
Aimee Dennis
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Just finished reading Pinked by J.C. Mells. I don't know if anyone has read this series but I have to say WOW..the second book was even better than the 1st and can't wait to see what happens in the third one coming out this week. The book provides dual POV and quickly recapped the previous books events from 'Pinks' POV. It was great to see these two characters evolve and grow with each other. And WOW...what an ending...so shocked my heart was thumping.
Victoria Spain
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was excellent. I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars due to typos and grammatical errors ("brake" instead of "break," etc.) that were distracting. Otherwise I really loved the protagonist. She's seriously damaged but strong as hell, yet doesn't even know it. I love her character development throughout the series.
Mary
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm looking forward to book 3 in the series. I liked this book. I'm going to have to read the next one. However, too much of the book Pinked was a recap of book 1, and the parts of the book that were in Lucas' POV weren't deep enough. I'm also a bit worried that Pierce will become Mary Sue in the next book.
J.H. Walker
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
The wild ride continues...along with some of the most colorful characters you'll ever meet. Mells is an author that flows fast and furious, and you want to read her that way. So I'm not going to spoil it with details. If you haven't read the first book, snap it up. And if you have and you're reading this, well, the saga continues. Like I said, it's a wild ride.
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!! Wonderful? Love Pink's POV, love his struggle and internal snarkiness. Love the sloooow burn and the development of their relationship, deepening bond and Pierce's growing badassnes. Each installment has gotten better.
Show
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Love love love. Werewolves, a strong yet vulnerable and sarcastic heroine, and a POV from the sexy hero. What more could you want? Way better than the first, you can really see that her characters and her writing style have fully developed. I can't wait for the next one!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I have had every job from an ice cream truck driver to chocolate factory worker to waiting tables in a Las Vegas casino.

I grew up in the Middle East (Abadan, Iran) and Spain (Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol) and finally ended up finishing High School in England (Weymouth, Dorset). I emigrated to the United States in 1990, and returned to school at the ripe old age of 28, where I obtained a BA and then t

Pierced (6 books)
  • Pierced (Book 1 of the Pierced Series)
  • Escaped (Book 2 of the Pierced Series)
  • Perfect (Book 4 of the Pierced Series)
  • Napoleon - a novella (Book 5 of the Pierced Series)
  • A Very Paranormal Holiday (The Sensor #4.5, Imp #7.5, Bite Back #4.4, UltraSecurity #2.5)