Start by marking “Legacy of the Highlands” as Want to Read:
Legacy of the Highlands

Legacy of the Highlands

(Legacy #1)

librarian's note: this is an ACE for ASIN: B0062LPAO2
Young, good-looking, successful and wealthy. Will and Alexandra Cameron had it all until the night he went out to buy ice cream after an evening of passionate sex and never returned. When his body is discovered in a nearby Boston alley, the only clue to his murder is a Scottish sgian dubh dagger left beside it. Will's gr
Published December 7th 2013 by Cottage Park Press (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of the Highlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of the Highlands

Inga
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review:

Legacy of the Highlands by Harriet Schultz was a book which I could not put away! When I started reading it, I did not know what to expect, but when the author contacted me, the blurb caught my eye and honestly, I am glad that I read it. It was well written, it was thrilling read with intriguing plot and very lovable characters.

Regarding the plot:

Meet Alexandra who is a married woman and sending her husband to buy ice cream – and few hours later open the door to police. After she finds
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It has been a while since I have read a romantic suspense and I was ready to read something a little more adult after all the YA's I have been reading lately, don't get me wrong, I love the YA genre but sometimes you just need something that doesn't involve teenage angst and all that comes with it.

Which could be why when Harriet approached me with reviewing her new book I jumped at the chance to read it.

After reading the synopsis I knew it would be something I could really enjoy and I really tru
Roxanne Daveney
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will be perfectly honest...when I first chose this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. It was out of my comfort zone, and I was a little bit nervous about reading it. I'm used to reading paranormal and Young Adult books. HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprised when I read the book.

However, because it was out of my comfort zone, it took me a little while to get into the book. BUT once I was hooked I WAS HOOKE! The characters really came to life, and I actually found myself CARING about t
M3tamorphasis11
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am FINALLY DONE!
I keot skipping this book for others but I was peeved At Diego's idiocies-big mouth!!! The ending was a cliff hanging dud so much build,Up climax to then flop! Its All good though, there is another book following this one, just out And I shall read it soon to wrap Up this series with a pretty bow! This is fantastic.Loved that justice was rendered served...for now, anyway. How Diego And Alex relationship is taking Off And I am still gaping mouthed with Serge, too wee!!!

On page 2
Sha Mslvoe
I started reading the book this morning and I haven't been able to put it down. Alex and Will are perfect couple. But when Will has been murdered, I cried with Alex. Gosshhhh this book is very sad... very heart breaking, my heart goes out to Alex in early chapter.

A Sgian Dubh - Scottish dagger, Gaelic for 'black knife".. was found beside Will's body
Sgian dubh

Murder mysteries story can keep you captivated for hours and look what they did to me. This book cause me a lack of sleep, skipped lunch and had a
Elizabeth Marshall
This story has it all - love lost, heartache, despair, romance, intrigue, suspense and mystery. This is a hard book to put down and I can guarantee that within the first two pages you will find your kindle riveted to your hands. The plot is intelligent, creative and imaginative. The writing style of this author is very natural and the story flows easily and comfortably. I found myself intensely drawn into the tale and felt quite bereft when this book was finished. I would very much like to read ...more
Marianne
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started off reading Lust and Honor by Harriet Schultz and ended up thrilled by the story, yet disappointed it was just a teaser. My disappointment turned into excitement when I discovered the continued story in Legacy of the Highlands. I really enjoyed this fast moving love story that involved my favourite country (Scotland); I look forward to seeing if there is more to this story as it did end in a manner that it could continue. Cudos to the author.

Marianne Curtis
Author of Finding Gloria
Sabrina
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Most of my blog and twitter followers know that I love a good romantic suspense. I love the heightened emotions and truly I love to read about the villain getting his. I'm also a fan of historical fiction and so I was very excited to read this book by Harriet.

Let me start with the parts of the book I thought were done well, the historical research and the suspense. The history included in this book is fascinating and I loved how it was presented. When the story was done, I immediately wanted to
Marcia Carrington
Alexandra and Will Cameron are a young, attractive couple with their future ahead of them, until a tragic event in an alley one evening robs Will of his life, leaving Alexandra a devastated widow. The only clue to Will’s murder is the presence of a Scottish sgian dubh dagger which is found beside him. Alexandra is ably supported in her grief by Diego Navarro, Will’s best friend, who is determined to get to the bottom of his friend’s murder, but, at the same time, is fighting his feelings for his ...more
Pam
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Legacy series and it is full of intrigue, danger and romance, all the things I love about romantic suspense. The characters were engaging and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When Will Cameron goes out late one night to get ice cream he never comes home. His wife is puzzled by who would kill him; unaware that there are forces from hundreds of years ago that has brought this horror upon the Cameron’s.

Diego Navarro was best friends with Will, they were still working on a proje
Books Mom
originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

I want you to know that after the first few pages, this story jumped into high gear, and I couldn’t put it down. I had to know what was going on. Why had this murder happened? And even when it was explained, I wanted to know more.

This story is absolutely heart stopping and has a lot of twists and turns. I wanted to hurry and finish it so I would know how it ended, but I also wanted to savor it along the way. This is not just another my
Atunah
I've had this book on my to read shelf for some time now. Moved it to the top recently and I had only wanted to read a sample to see how I would like it. I read straight through pretty much to a couple of 100 pages. So much for sampling :)

It just started so strong out the gate that I just needed to know. Page turner for me for sure.

The suspense was really well done here and I liked the change of scenery from many of the other romantic suspense that I read.

I don't like putting spoilers in revie
Ann Marie
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you write a hot romance, with a tall, dark and sexy hero and a not atypical, please save me, I'm a clumsy virgin who is in way over her head, but a smart, sexy proactive heroine and THEN throw in political intrigue, murder, a lesson in history and sex......you get Legacy of the Highlands. Legacy of the Highlands is not in my wheelhouse if usual reads..I usually end up reading romantic eroticas and chic lit full of misspellings, grammatical errors and filled with thans rather ...more
Mitsy
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
After Will dies, Alex is left broken hearted. As she grieves, Alex slowly learns of secrets, legends, and lies. Why was Will murdered? To heal and recover she stays with Diego, her husband's best friend. Then off on a wild ride to Scotland. There is plenty of suspense, romance, humor, danger, excellent writing and amazing characters to keep the most jaded reader entertained. From Diego and Alex to the bad guys and everyone in between, these characters have a ton of depth. They're also very real ...more
Sharon Mcnulty
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story moved at a brisk pace and was a real page turner for me. I'm generally a very slow reader but I read this one in record time. As soon as I reached the last page and sighed over such a good read, I immediately opened the sequel. The book had great characters, creepy villains and nice locations. The author knew her stuff but there was never a feeling of 'look at the research I did!' throughout the story. Everything flowed nicely. I'm glad I get to spend an ...more
Kimberly
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written, exciting story. Anxiously awaiting the next book that HAS TO BE continuing the story. Enjoyed traveling to FL convalescing with Alex and the romance dance she and Diego played and the travels to Highlands of Ireland. Would love to learn more about her best friend (Francie), her husband and Serge (could he come be my bodyguard?). Fun, fast reading that had me hooked from the first day.
Literary  Chanteuse
An awesome mystery with a little Scottish thrown in and I knew would be hooked. My only regret was reading this over the Christmas holidays. Otherwise the book would not have left my hands until it was complete. I loved the historical infusion into the story. The ending left me with a few questions unanswered but otherwise I really enjoyed it!
Darlene Young
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Darlene by: Author
I received a copy of this book in return for an unbiased review.

I loved this book! The author did a fantastic job combining drama, suspence, intrigue and romance. This is the first book in a series and while it didn't end in a cliffhanger, per se, it is clear that this brilliant story continues. I liked it so much, I can't wait to read the others!
Tom Barry
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has it all. Dan Brown and Davinci Code fans will love this well written story of desire, temptation, duty and honour set against the background of a mystery and suspense plot. I can see why the prequel to this book was outselling Stephen KIng !!!
Geri
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Its not my usual read but I am glad I took a chance on it. It had love, action, and suspense. I am ready for the next book to see where it takes us next.
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Not what I expected. But I loved it.
Lori McD
2.5-3 stars

Well... not sure what to do with this book. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Here's what I liked:
* Serge's character - I especially like the way the author describes him as a "buff Brad Pitt" at one point. He stayed true to character, even though he made a few mistakes. But that's where the interest and drama are at!

* Will - He's almost too perfect, and then we learn about something he did... the very thing that caused a giant riff in his friendship with his best friend since grammar
Amy Lignor
Cami Hensley
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Review originally published here:

Don't let this books title or cover fool you. This is a romantic suspense/mystery all tied into one.

There is a bit of a slow start, and a very sad start. About 1/4th of the way in it gets rolling and you are thrust into the mystery of why a man was suddenly murdered and how a 700 year vow and a father's choices led to it.

Poor, poor Alex, I will admit I was heartbroken for her. Losing her husband literally destroys her abili
Lorena Helfers
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first mystery that I could get through

Oh there was romance but you won't get to hear the juicy parts. The author has left that up to you. I can't read mysteries because I have no clue or patience to wait for the ending. This was good enough for me to have just a little bit of patience and not look at the end of the story. I was holding my breath and up late last night to finish reading.
Anna Swinson
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and romantic story!

The 'teaser' about Scotland and adventure caught my attention. Once I started reading this book, I couldn't wait to get back to Alex and Diego's adventure!

There were a few spots that dragged the story some, but overall this is a book I will recommend to friends. Looking forward to the next book.
Patricia Spagnoli
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of Legacy of the Highlands by Harriet Schultz in March, 2015. It arrived just before the sale of my house and move to another address. I have just found it among the unpacking. Let me just say that this was an engaging read. I did enjoy it and would recommend it to others.
RDV
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Last Flight Out
  • The Name on My Wrist
  • Primal Obsession
  • Darkness Before the Dawn (Maggie Bennett, 2)
  • Again
  • Betrayed
  • Dead Again
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • Edge of Survival
  • Seduced
  • Highlander Unchained (Highlander Trilogy #1)
  • Legal Action 2 (Surrendering Charlott Chronicles #2)
  • Deadly Addiction (Deadly Vices, #2)
  • The Lady's Secret
  • So in Love (The Highland Lords, #5)
  • Against the Wind (Agents of the Crown, #2)
  • Cold Comfort
  • InSight
My newest book, FALLING INTO DREW, is available now! Its star is the yummy Drew O'Connor, a man I enjoyed spending time with and I hope you will too!

One of the best parts of writing novels is the chance to immerse myself in the world of my characters. I'll miss Diego and the rest of the people in the Legacy series, but my newest book's characters are just as intriguing.

After a long career in journ

Legacy (3 books)
  • A Legacy of Revenge
  • Legacy of Love (Legacy #3)