Start by marking “Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised” as Want to Read:
Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised

Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised

This combination parenting and personal finance book helps parents teach their children key money skills--such as saving, spending, budgeting, investing, building credit, and donating--that they'll need to become financially secure adults.

Parents want their children to enjoy bright economic futures. But how do we equip the next generation with lifelong financial skills?
/>
Published June 4th 2013 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised

Start your review of Raising Financially Fit Kids, Revised
Amber
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, an amazingly interesting and helpful book, considering I just picked it up because it had a yellow cover! With age-specific lessons and activities from age 5+, it really inspired me to make learning about money (and entrepreneurship, etc) part of what I teach my kids. Watch out--I may be approaching friends and family to be "money mentors" for my kids!
Justina
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of all the personal finance books I have read, this one was the most structured and was organized in a very straight-forward and useful format, showing the 10 basic skills that people should learn. They are as follows:

How to Save
How to Get Paid What You’re Worth
How to Spend Wisely
How to Talk About Money
How to live within a budget
How to invest
How to exercise the Entrepreneurial Spirit
How to handle credit
How to use money to change the
Suzie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The book is full of great ideas and is helpful and easy to read. It is well organized and has advice for every age of children. My only issue with it is that it is over the top. The level of interaction one would have to have feels like a full time job. I would have preferred simpler, practical ways to give kids lessons about money that are more woven into daily life.
Hieu Nguyen
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: life
It helps not only your kids in managing finance but also yourself with the same techniques.
I finished this book at the end of the year of Chicken (29th December, Lunar Calendar). The book inspires me to write a review of myself on financial last year and a plan for the next year of Dog.
Adam
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really simple, helpful, tangible advice. Honestly, it makes it seem like “why isn’t everyone doing it this way” I even found it helpful when considering how to improve my own habits and understand.
Melanie
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ideas. A little overwhelming to do all that is suggested, but if my kids are a little more fit for doing one of the suggestions, then we win right?
Tamara
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
Great book. Gave lots of good ideas and ways to think about raising money savvy kids.
Ismahan farah
Aug 15, 2017
Suzanne
Feb 04, 2016
Joline Godfrey
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jacob Verburg
Emily
Jul 12, 2017
Bethany
Jan 22, 2019
Joline Godfrey is the CEO of Independent Means and an innovator in financial education for children and families. Originator of a unique developmental, experiential approach to financial education, her work gives families new tools for developing their human capital and raising children growing up in the midst of abundance.

Godfrey is also the author of Raising Financially Fit Kids, Our