Start by marking “Misteriosa Aparición” as Want to Read:
Misteriosa Aparición

Misteriosa Aparición

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  5,199 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
En 1985, una cápsula del tiempo fue enterrada en el jardín del palacio de justicia de un pequeño condado con los acordes de una sonada celebración y con la promesa de que no sería desenterrada hasta el 2085. Pero justo veinte años después, a altas horas de la madrugada, alguien abre la cápsula y roba todo su contenido. Esa misma noche, uno de los "contribuyentes" de la cáp ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Titania (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Misteriosa Aparición, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteriosa Aparición

Alp
Killing Time is my forty-ninth book by Linda Howard, but I can't believe it turned out to be her first book that I had a hard time getting into. It took me awhile to connect with her characters, which has never happened to me before. I always love her characters, especially the heroes but in this book, I still don't know why I didn't find Knox all that attractive like I was expecting. But Nikita, on the other hand, surprised me with her intelligence. She never put herself into danger, never had ...more
D.G.
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of this book was a bit out there but I really liked the hero, the heroine and their relationship. You know how most heroes are so similar they are almost indistinct - they are hunky, alpha, manly, etc. But this guy had a distinctive trait that will make him stand out in my mind - he was super curious - so you can imagine how he reacted when this woman told him she was from the future. He didn't believe her necessarily but he was so curious that he kept asking all these questions! He was ...more
Vintage
Audio and book review:

I'm not sure where to go with this. Not a typical Linda Howard, but I've only read a few.

Nikita, the heroine, is a time traveling FBI agent who meets up with down home Kentuckian sheriff/detective Knox to find out why a 20 year old time capsule has been stolen as why there are so many deaths popping up around it. That's pretty much it.

Well not really, their investigation/romance is okay, but the side plot was a mega downer for me and their are truck size plot holes. Don't
Kathleen
3.5 stars for story; 4.5 for narration by Joyce Bean. Rounded up and averaged to 4, cuz I actually liked this more than expected (my hopes were not high). Despite its low rating average, I finally caved. It's one of the few Howards I hadn't read before.

I liked the setting, small town Kentucky, 2005. Liked the shrewd, blue-eyed, well-built hero, Knox Davis, archtypical bulldog detective. Everyone in town likes Knox, and at first he seems so easy going, even mild. Don't be fooled. Knox, like all
Zeek
Ok I'm a huge Linda Howard fan. I've read every single thing she's ever written and most of my all time favs were written by her. It used to be that I would auto buy her and salivate for the next one. This latest one is why I've stopped that. Don't get me wrong, I read it all (in about 3 to 4 hours, that's how "easy" it was,) but (hating to say it) it was just "eh".

You can tell her heart just isn't in it anymore and at this point she should just stop unless and until she gets the magic back. I'm
Lauren
Killing Time
3.5 Stars

Nothing ever happens in the small town of Pekesville, Kentucky. That is until a series of strange events occur including strange flashing lights, an unearthed time capsule and the murder of a local lawyer. County Investigator Knox Davis has his hands full, but the sudden appearance of FBI Nikita Stover does little to ease his mind as the mysterious agent is keeping secrets that will shake the foundations of Knox's orderly world.

Science fiction and time travel are not favori
Carolyn F.
May 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know this book hasn't been rated very high by other people but I loved it. It's sci-fi, contemporary with romantic suspense all rolled into one with some time travel thrown in. At first when I heard the name Nikita for the heroine I thought, "Oh brother!", but actually it did fit. Nikita is sent back in time to find a renegade time traveler. There's more than she thought going on. She meets up with investigator Knox Davis for some help. Great book.
Cheri
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how to explain this book. I did like it, but it was kinda strange. The beginning was slow and I wasn't too sure about it. As I trudged on, my curiousity got the better of me. The storyline itself was very unique and interesting. It took awhile to get into the main characters. By the end I was happy I finished it......If you like time travel, give this book a read.
Christine
Like all of Linda Howard's romantic suspense, this is fast-paced and smooth reading, but ultimately it failed as both a suspense and a romance. The time travel element was the big problem, in my opinion. I found it to be confusing and underdeveloped.

On the suspense side of things, I'm still not really clear about the motives of the bad guys in this book and it didn't feel like anything was really resolved, especially in the future. I still have a hundred questions about what the bad guys were tr
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
If I want a good romantic -suspense novel to read ,III always turn to a Linda Howard book first.Her books always have the right amount of romance & supense & twists & turns to keep me in the book.Her characters always have great chemistry,humour,& sexual tenison between them.Her storylines always grab you from the start & keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next.Killing Time was a little different than her usual fare,but it did not dissapoint at all! It was mo ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
When I first started this book it didn't seem like a Linda Howard book and I found myself reading the synopsis again and double checking the author. Yep - Linda Howard. I usually get into her stories pretty fast and even enjoy re-reading some of my favs. This one it took me past Chapter 4 before I started getting into the story and still for a lot of the work I found myself pushing to read versus not wanting to stop reading.

I liked Knox Davis as the MC/hero. Some people have referred to his char
Jacqueline
One of my least favorite Linda Howard's. It just felt a little contrived to me and the characterizations were not as good as usual in her books.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I saw someone else I follow had just read this and it sounded rather good. I gather up all Linda Howard's old books when I see them, and it turned out I had this in my pile, but hadn't gotten around to it. I didn't realise I had this otherwise I would have read it a while ago. Lucky me! It came along at the right time, just when I needed a good book ... dang it's hard to find anything these days, it quite often takes me longer to find a book than it does to read it.

I was with it right from the v
Monique Atgood
This is at best a B grade effort by an A+ author who brought us ingenious books like “Mr. Perfect”, “Dying to Please”, and “Blood Borne”. It’s a mesh of a murder mystery, and a tepid romance, with a time traveling FBI agent (the heroine), who isn’t nearly assertive enough to be a Fed, or even a convincing cop.

As sci-fi, the time travel story, it was ok, but the author seemed to forget the self imposed rules of what can come through the time portal, and what cannot.

As a romance, the Hero and Her
Cruth
Author: Linda Howard
First published: 2005
Length: 455 pages (Large Print)
Setting: Contemporary (2005). Smalltown, Pekesville, Kentucky.
Sex: Explicit. Reasonably frequent.
Hero: Chief County Investigator
Heroine: FBI

Not sure what it was I just read. An odd combination of heavily explained time travel, light mystery/suspense, a nod to a romance and explicit sex with plenty of penis references. It seems this author had an idea and very much wanted it published...

The worst part is how time travel reall
Cindi
I really wish I would have read the reviews and had read a better description of this book before I took the time to read it. Normally I can read Linda Howard's books without doing either, as they are all generally pretty good. I can't even rate this book. I can't say it was horrible but I can't say it was good either. The time-travel thing threw me. I can, and do, read various genres but I usually stay away from anything related to this subject. And, as with other books I have read, this was co ...more
Lara
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, 2013-tower-team
This was my second contemporary Linda Howard book and it is very different from the other. The hero is a masculine yet really geeky small town cop who loves chasing after questions. The heroine is serious and controlled, and also a bit geeky. This is a time travel story, but is more acceptable to me than most because the person traveling has studied up and is trying to apprehend a criminal. Ultimately, the reason for the murders in the book is a bit disappointing, and there were some discontinui ...more
AliciaJ
Hmmm, well I really wish I could say something brilliant and wonderful about this story, but I just can't. There just wasn't that special magic that I expect from a Linda Howard book. The story was ok, I enjoyed the parts about the mechanics of time travel. But the characters just didn't have that special spark that makes them stand out in my mind.
Book Him Danno
I enjoy Linda Howard and this one was good, not her best, but not half bad. If you enjoy romance and a good mystery thriller then this author is for you. Beware the amount of sex is high, but its a good story.
Christine Anna  Kirchoff
I read this awhile ago but I never rated it on here. Fabulous book!
Alice
May 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A rather strange book. Interesting premise and several interesting points, but slightly sloppy on the plotlines.
Elaine Nickolan
Guess I should pay more attention to the dust cover in the future. This type of mystery/crime drama is not my style. However, once I got deeper into the book the story line was interesting, so I kept going. If you are into future meets present then you will probably like this book. It was an enjoyable read and the characters were likeable, its just not my style. I think that there were times it was blogged down with Knox and Nikitas relationship, or lack thereof, that made the book seem longer a ...more
Sam Spencer
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The romance was off the charts

This author had me interested.
Okay.
So I gave a preliminary review than let this story percolate a bit because really it was one big puzzle to me and I was of the opinion that maybe if I left it for a bit, things might fall into place in my mind (it tends to do that sometimes).
Here's what I have now though my star rating will stay the same (looking like a four though it's three and a half)
The romantic elements were what really carried this story though they truly wer
Rachelle Ayala
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I haven't met a Linda Howard book I didn't love, and this one is one of my all time favorites! I love Nikita, the cop from the future. So much chemistry and suspense. Wish the book was drawn out even more because I didn't want to say goodbye to Nikita and Knox. Love, love, love it!

note: the time-travel plot needed more work and has a twisted conundrum that will keep you thinking and rethinking, but it was a little frustrating that she changed the rules to fit how she wanted the plot to move.

Howe
Tanvi
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I actually did, for two reasons: one, because I generally don't enjoy stories involving time travel, and two, because I tried reading this book once about 8-9 years ago and I just couldn't get through it, I didn't like it...either way, this time around, I just loved it, and not because it's by one of my favorite writers ever!! Although I shouldn't have expected anything less than total enjoyment and entertainment seeing that it is a Linda Howar ...more
Jane Stewart
Ok as a mystery story. The characters did not interest me as much as I would have liked.

There was not much in the way of romantic or emotional development. I much prefer Ms. Howard's other books. Story brief: Bad guys from around 2200 time travel back to 2005 to get something of value. Nikita is an FBI agent from 2200 who travels to 2005 to stop them, but doesn't know what they are looking for. She and the police chief Knox work together and fall for each other. Some people are murdered. The aut
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
This book started off strong and pulled me into the story from the first page. I was excited to discover that Linda Howard had written a time travel romance despite a few hiccups and slow spots here and there. I enjoyed the story as long as I didn't overthink the relationship between the couple.

I liked Knox and Nikita as individuals as they were strong characters and adept investigators. They were well suited for each other and I think sharing the same profession helped move their relationship
Eve
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
Killing Time (Menembus Sang Waktu) by Linda Howard
Subject(s): Contemporary Romance/Suspense/Science Fiction & Fantasy

It was beautiful love story with lots of suspence. Together Nikita and Knox are a compelling couple and you can feel the chemistry sizzle between them.
I also liked the way the story ended--(view spoiler)
Barbara
Oct 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I really enjoyed this book, but it's not surprising my review goes against the grain. I found this book a fun read/a different read. I get stuck sometimes reading the same kind of books; historical romance, paranormal romance and modern romance. Killing time was a nice change of pace (a little Sci-fi) and I wasn't disappointed. I actually took some advice from another reviewer and went yesterday and bought a few of her recommended books by Howard. Thanks for the info!
Rachel Amphlett
There was a moment just after starting this book where I nearly put it away and thought, 'not for me right now'.

I'm glad I didn't - the twist halfway through puts a real spin on this story, and I was very much intrigued to see how it would all play out.

It's a quick read, and although not as good as some of Howard's other books, very enjoyable.
Is Knox the first LH Beta Male? 3 25 Jun 10, 2012 02:25PM
  • Death Is Forever
  • Obsession
  • Grand Passion
  • As Good As Dead (Griffin Powell, #4)
  • Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #7)
  • Upon a Midnight Clear
  • Unspeakable
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)
  • Fire and Ice (Ice, #5)
  • Crash Into Me
  • Obsessed

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...