Start by marking “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny” as Want to Read:

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  92,996 ratings  ·  5,351 reviews
Wisdom to Create a Life
of Passion, Purpose, and Peace
This inspiring tale provides a step-by-step approach to living with greater courage, balance, abundance, and joy. A wonderfully crafted fable, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari tells the extraordinary story of Julian Mantle, a lawyer forced to confront the spiritual crisis of his out-of-balance life. On a life-changing
Published January 1st 2008 by Jaico Publishing House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, please sign up.
Harish Sankar Read it one chapter at a time; Not the whole thing at once.
Think about what is shared in the chapter.
Read the next chapter the next day!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Manca Zupan Hi! I think the book was trying to say that no matter what you do in life, if you put all of your energy towards a goal, you can achieve that goal.…moreHi! I think the book was trying to say that no matter what you do in life, if you put all of your energy towards a goal, you can achieve that goal. The problem with Julian was, that his lawyer career didn't fulfill him. Therefore, he found something that he truly loved, built his goals around that thing, and redirected his energy towards those new goals. Because he directed all his energy towards the RIGHT goal, he was finally happy. (less)

·  92,996 ratings  ·  5,351 reviews

Start your review of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
David Tendo
May 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the message, just didn't like the format it was presented in. Felt like the author just had a list of frequently asked questions and set out to answer each and every one of them one by one systematically, so there wasn't much narrative or actual enjoyment in the reading of it. The "story" is essentially just 2 guys talking over dinner, actually only 1 guy talking (the titular Monk), the other guy is just there to ask the questions in between the long monologues and to confirm the Monk's ...more
Dimple
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The monk who sold his Ferrari" can be called as life-changing novel!
These kind of novels add essence to your life and gives you direction specially in the hard times. It gives you the answer to the questions like What is the purpose of life? How we can attain happiness and satisfaction? etc..
Nothing in it is Unknown to us yet it makes us notice that "Known"!
It tells us to savor each moment with exuberance along with an aim in life.. It is our prerogative to lead a happy successful and rewarding
jenna
Jan 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I categorized this book under spoofs because it made me laugh so much. I wanted to stop reading it because I found it ridiculous, but I wouldn't feel worthy of panning it here if I hadn't completed it and the joy of sharing my take on this book kept me turning pages and dog-earring quotable pages.

First, let me be clear, I like me some cheese; I like it with crackers and I like it with wine and I like it in my entertainment and personal growth. That this book is cheesier than a Velveeta factory
Astrid Natasastra
Oct 18, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now I rarely read a book and stopped halfway.
Unless if it's really really boring.
Such as this one.
And it wasn't supposed to be boring. Because it's a fable.
But I didn't get anything out of it.So halfway reading, I skim through the rest.
I have the habit of joting down verses/nice words from my readings and..this book failed to give me anything.

Other than that.. I feel like it's a 'trying too hard version'of 'The Secret', 'Eat Pray Love' (the 'Pray section) and 'Tuesday with Morrie'

So sadly to
Adina
Dec 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short, non-fiction, india
I am not a fan of personal development books written by so called motivational writers. I prefer writers that have previously done something with their life. However, I received this as a gift from my best friend and I was feeling a little bit under the weather so I felt that some motivation was welcomed. I tried to keep my heart open and was prepared to absorb as many life-changing advices as possible.

I knew the book was total garbage from the first 20 pages but I tried to give it a chance and
Peep Laja
Jun 03, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people searching for meaning and direction
The first time I read this book I just loved it. I read it at the time when I was asking myself questions regarding 'What to do with my life?'.

I found the book very energizing, giving me a lot of inspiration and motivation to go on and many answers to my questions.

When I read the book the second time, it didn't seem to have the same effect.

PS! Who is looking for great literary value, will be disappointed. Sharma is no writer, but if you can focus on the message, it won't bother.
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
I don't know about this. I started it about 10 times and dropped it like it's hot NOT. Maybe I need to get in the proper mood for this.

And the overflowing cup metaphor? How many times has this frakking Chinese legend been retold? 50 times? 1000 times? It's nice to think about the first couple hundred times I heard it but by the present moment it's my killswitch. I have read about it literally everywhere! Including spam and ads on miraculous stuff to get my nonexistent dick larger!

I can't even
Anuradha
Feb 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FSB. They can use it for torture.
If I could take back all the hours I spent on reading this crap, I would. To say I hated it would be an understatement. Oh, it changed my life indeed, after all, it almost turned me into a homicidal maniac. And I still don't get the fucking point of the book.

Also, who the fuck sells their Ferrari? If there is anyone who's planning to do so after having read this book, feel free to contact me. I'm in the market for a new car anyway.
Sanjay Gautam
Jan 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A mediocre book. Although the author has tried to make the book full of wisdom, it hardly achieve its desired result - of helping an individual; it utterly fails to make any impact.
Rami Shouk
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
THE most useful book I have read so far!
I guess, that when you read this book, if you open your mind to its ideas and concepts, you’re gonna find it revolutionizing and life changing. Otherwise, you’re just gonna think it’s boring and never go through with it. Well, in my case, and because I was looking for this kind of book for so long, I found it very useful, and I just KNOW that lots of things in my life won’t be the same because of it.
In a very simple, yet very meaningful, short story
Aakanksha
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read a full review - Blog

Never forget the importance of living with unbridled exhilaration. Never neglect to see the exquisite beauty in all living things. Today, and this very moment is a gift. Stay focused on your purpose. The Universe will take care of everything else. It is a recommendable read.
Sumati
Sweet mother of Jesus!! What was I trying to read???

This novel is a self-indulgent twaddle of a z-grade author!! What a load of rubbish.
Ujjawal Sureka
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Spiritual
Publication Date: 1996

This is one of the better books in the realm of personal development in close association with spirituality.

The story is of Julian Mantle, a hotshot lawyer who has everything that money can buy, who has his life turned around when he gets a heart attack in the midst of a courtroom. He then goes to the mysterious land of India to get away from the fast paced frenzy and to rediscover his soul and find his true purpose and meaning in life.

Here he is met with
Catherine Oughtibridge
The monk who sold his Ferrari, is a misleading title. The man who sold his Ferrari and became a monk, would have been more accurate. The idea of a monk driving a Ferrari is somewhat thought provoking and made me smile. The book itself was a merger between fiction and instruction on techniques to perfect your life experience. From a fiction point of view, it too often told rather than showed. It’s an easy to read book (I read it in an afternoon) and the structure works well making it easy to ...more
Catherine Howard
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Outing myself as a reader of self-improvement books with this review, but so what... I think it's all a bit of a waste of time if you don't try to spend some of your time improving your life from within.

THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI didn't start off well for me because I absolutely detest fables; my idea of cruel and unusual punishment is being forced to re-read THE CELESTINE PROPHECY, for example. My problem with fables is that they are, more often than not, stupid. They come across as a
Sash Chiesa
Nov 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just another terribly mediocre book trying to sell some cheap philosophy!
Muthazhagu Palanisamy
A lot irritated by the narration, but not the content.

May be it is my prejudice - I find the "fable" approach to self-help books tedious to read. The last one I read, that took a similar approach, was Gung Ho! by Ken Blanchard, and came off thinking that the whole book was silly. The Monk Who... came highly recommended, and hence I plunged in.

The book starts off on a promising note - hot-shot lawyer has a heart-attack in court, right after winning a big case. What happens next?

Here's what
Shog Al Maskery
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the type of book that reminds you of life lessons you probably knew but never applied. It touches upon simple things that we can do that will make big differences in our lives.
Ravi Gangwani
Only book in my life which I tried to read 6 times and never got out past 80 Pages every time. And given-up finally :(

Julian, the lead, clearly looked as constructed to frame the story, seems very boring and hence big turn-off.
Abhilash Kulkarni
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Some books are meant to be tasted, some are meant to chewed, some digested. While there are some rare books that not only meant to be digested but also made to be a part of the body and mind. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari is one such book.
The books moves at a good pace and the never becomes boring as peachy books tend to be. In fact, the way the teachings have been presented in a story format is the most important reason why this book has become so popular among the masses. It also lasts only
Jojo A
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book. At the very begining of it I was glad to read it because it had triggered many bad habits I was doing related to my thinking which awakened me. However, I was doing 3/4 of what Julian was talking about, so I was more familiar with what he mentioned or tired to convey.

The story if fanatic which is produced in a phsycological analysis. It's yes inspirational, but come on! They made the 10 ritual habits so easy to do which is not, when I reached the half of the book
Ru
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book feels like a patronizing practical joke. But the agony you feel reading it is very real. This is the printed equivalent of when the Hare Krishna community would stop you on the street or at the airport and tell you all about the Bhagavad Gita, and no matter how politely you declined to hear more, they wouldn't let you leave. This is not a long book by any means, but you'd never know it. Let me get to my problems with it, which seem numerous, but at the same time I don't even want to ...more
BookOfCinz
2019
A timely reminder that you can change your life at anytime.

January 14, 2018
"The Monk Who Sold My Ferrari" is one of my favorite books to (re)read at the start of the year. This book never disappoints and it was great getting a reminder of all the things I need to focus on to make this a great year. Too often we get all caught up in the rat race and as this book succinctly puts it, "even if you win the rat race you are still a rat".
I do try daily to incorporate the 10 Rituals of Radiant
Bianda
Sep 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A spiritual journey of a hot-shot lawyer who owns a 'fabolous' life and a ferrari, and eventually turns himself to become a monk and live a truly enlightened life.
He shares his amazing experience and new wisdom that he has gained to his former colleague. These wisdoms are shared throughout the entire book.
Most of them are really inspirational to live a life full of purpose.
Mohammadreza Salari
A really impressive book about self-helping and reaching your destiny, Robin S. Sharma had a look at Kaizen that refers to continuously improve and boost productivity. I appreciate this book and courage my friends to read it even for once.
Samer Hijazi
Jan 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book if you want to add a new dimension to your life. It is the first spiritual book I read. Usually I didn’t go for such books for the reason that seeking more into religion would cover it. Now I realize that regardless of your religion, these books contain vital knowledge and information that you might encounter for the first time in your life. One topic which was innovative and influential is the inner spiritual serenity, self-knowledge and self-control. I always had a glimpse of it ...more
Onur B
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One successful lawyer commence a journey through to unknow. It explained in the book his discipline that he learnt from India. I think the book is very good, useful and flashing regarding the self-improvment. Also there are 10 good discipline in the book that it demonstrates secret of endless happiness. For sure it will be difficult to apply all of them in the lifestyle but how much you can do, do it. Just one point I noticed that I think there is a conflict between live the moment like you will ...more
Neelam Babul
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first read this book back in high school when a friend recommended it to me. At that time I did enjoy reading the book but not being a huge fan of self help books I just out it aside occasionally reading the summaries on the book or quotes related to the book to inspire and motivate myself. Since then I have widened my reading forte including self help, personal development, biography, memoirs and many others in order to not just view reading as a way of relaxing but also as a way of growing ...more
Stefan Emunds
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin S. Sharma is compelling: a rich and successful lawyer drops out and travels to Nepal. There he searches for a mysterious group of sages high up in the Himalayas to lived with them and acquire their ageless wisdom. This storyline functions as a catalyst for spiritual subjects, a nice cocktail of Buddhism, positive thinking, inspiring sayings, and interesting statistics. All the spiritual basics are there, the content is well rounded and the ...more
Khyati Gautam
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that has the right content to serve our appetite for wisdom.
About the Book!!! 63 489 Jan 23, 2018 10:22PM
هل طبقت الطرق الموجودة في الكتاب ؟ 1 13 Jun 08, 2016 10:35PM

• Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
  • The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • You Can Win: A Step by Step Tool for Top Achievers
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • The Alchemist
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Stay Hungry Stay Foolish
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • Who Will Cry When You Die?
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • The Oath of the Vayuputras (Shiva Trilogy, #3)
  • Half Girlfriend
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

“Your "I CAN" is more important than your IQ.” 503 likes