Start by marking “The Thorough Check” as Want to Read:
The Thorough Check

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Thorough Check

So much has been talked about to quell the great religious divide in India. But it pervades like a dust storm all across the society, politics, business, and intelligentsia. Here is an honest attempt to see the nation first, a nation that cannot afford to talk divisive after sweltering for hundreds of years under foreign rule and their loot. This is the story of a police ...more
Published November 25th 2013 by Leadstart Publsihing Pvt Ltd. (first published October 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Thorough Check, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thorough Check

Start your review of The Thorough Check
Sam H
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first impression of this book was wow what an amazing cover. It is the sort of cover that subtly pulls you in and makes you want to explore the book further. It is definitely one that I would have grabbed of a book shop shelf.

I have to admit as I started the novel I had to concentrate to get into the writing, this is due largely to the language used. As you get into this, the book begins to flow well. However, this is a novel you need to concentrate on it is not what I would call a quick
Somen Sen
story is quite nice... there is suspense in the story... basically it is a story of a police officer who want to protect his country... characters are convincing... but there is something lacks in the narration which let down the book...
Abhishek
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a part of Goodreads giveaway programme.

The plot of the novel is awesome... terrorists planning an unique attack in Gujarat. But it is the narrative which lets it down. The author has done a big mistake by writing the book in first person. Moreover scant respect is paid to the usage of punctuation marks and tenses.
While reading this book I had mixed feelings in my mind. The suspense in the plot kept me motivated to read the book while the errors irritated me. So I couldn't
Deepthi Terenz
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: supense-mystery
I got this book from my husband,who is a friend of the author.I will say it is a good attempt for a first time writing.The author has done a good research and had many innovative twists added to the plot.There are some excellent insights in to India. The book shows the good and the bad of the political situation here.BUT some thing lacks in this story which I couldn't pinpoint as to what.I wish the author good luck for his future works.
Deepika
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Story on the basis of plot and idea behind it was good. But the outcome was not that satisfactory. I look for something with good writing as well as good plot. Somethings in the books didn't quite gel with my liking and as a result i completed it, just for the need of knowing the end.. not because i couldn't put it down.
3 stars are for the creativity and imagination. Thumbs up.
Upasna Sethi
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I chose this book for it promising cover and I am glad to say, it did not disappointed me.

As I started reading the book, I lacked interest because of the not-so-hooked beginning but as I reached subsequent chapters, my curiosity piqued. I started looking for the answers.

Thumbs up to Author's imagination and detailed Life of Indian Fishermen. I never have seen or experienced their struggles in the vast Seas. Author rightly described them as "Men of Steel".

A twist in the tale behind a plotted
Suyash Karangutkar
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A policeman plays a major role in a country. Without police force, protection of the citizens and situation of law and order can go for a serious toss. In a country like India, terror attacks and bomb blasts are nothing new. We have witnessed ample number of them. But every incident has taught us and our police forces a lesson. Had policemen not been there for our protection, lord knows where we would have been crawling and creeping for our lives. Anyways, after lot many of romantic novels; I ...more
Priyanka Batra Harjai
The Thorough Check by Vadassery Thaiparambil Rakesh is a beautiful script about a Muslim terrorist and an undercover agent of Indian force. It is an attempt to rediscover India through the eyes of an Indian Muslim.

This is a daring topic and an intelligent script thoroughly checking every corner of Indian communalism. The author has made an attempt to bridge gap between the (so called) Indians and Muslims. Yes, this is strange but practical categorization of Indian community.
In simple and
Ila Garg
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
The Thorough Check, a thrilling narrative by the debutant writer Vadassery Thaiparambil Rakesh is published by Frog Books (an imprint of Leadstart Publishing Pvt Ltd). The paper and print quality show that it is a publication house that we should keep an eye on. The cover is apt as much as the title is and hooks the readers. It will instantly make you want to grab the book and read on. The Thorough Check is gripping crime thriller which is adorned by an equally illustrative cover design.

The 171
Girish
Good attempt for a first book!

Thorough Check is a book that has a promising story-line and held much potential for a story with the central character as an Indian Intelligence Officer. Lot of well researched material, some innovative twists notwithstanding, the Narrative lets it down.

Author has good command on the aspects of plot and intelligence. But the book's not so warranted romance/passion parts are pretty amateurish. Similies - jarring. The cover hype is misleading as a tale of heroism
Sankalpita (bookGeeks India)
Originally reviewed at - www.bookgeeks.in

Full Review link - http://www.bookgeeks.in/entries/thril...

The book is written like a fast paced novel, and thus things move quite swiftly thorough out the course of the book. I liked most of the characters, including the major ones; there was a certain depth to them and a meaning to their role.
Pankaj Kumar
story does't connect well with abrupt start. Rakesh bring sex from time to time which did't seem a part of story and the end is to some extent is predictable. I enjoyed the various description of different situations and things.For me if you don't have anything to do and you just want to pass time then you can read this book.
Deep S
I got his book through a giveaway on goodreads.
The book is small and crisp and has a message , although the message comes in the end.
The plot is decent.
The thing which irked me was sudden change of context .

overall decent book
Gaurav Kashyap
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good shot by Rakesh at Vry good time with perfect Title and Cover.....fantastic
Abhinav
Even a somewhat interesting plot cannot compensate for the ghastly, horrible writing. It hurts to give someone's effort as low a rating as this, but one star is pretty much what it deserves.

P.S. I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway & I solemnly maintain that my review was in no way influenced by the same.
Jochi
Dec 17, 2018
Lata
Aug 11, 2016
James  Bond
rated it did not like it
Parth
Saurabh
Nov 30, 2013
Dhivya Balaji
Dec 02, 2013
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Review Request 1 24 Apr 02, 2014 10:03PM
Indian Readers: Giveaway- ""The Thorough Check" 2 12 Dec 13, 2013 08:00PM